Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ragnow's Take After Loss to TCU

Started by Drew Amman, September 12, 2017, 09:34:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Amman

Pecos Hog

Good guy.   Really feel for him.     So, we (the team and coaching staff, I presume) talked alot about what a great offseason and fall camp we had?    Wow!    Maybe they should have spent a little less time talking about how good they were and actually made some meaningful preparations for the season.     It was obvious from the FAMU game that they were not prepared. 

Kevin

somebody tell him winning is not important
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bphi11ips

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 12, 2017, 10:41:07 am
Good guy.   Really feel for him.     So, we (the team and coaching staff, I presume) talked alot about what a great offseason and fall camp we had?    Wow!    Maybe they should have spent a little less time talking about how good they were and actually made some meaningful preparations for the season.     It was obvious from the FAMU game that they were not prepared. 

That is what he said - time to quit talking and perform.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DeltaBoy

He cares about winning and hates losing. Hope he can lead the Oline to better play vs TAMU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Great player. Paid his dues. He deserves better. Hopefully he gets it.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 12, 2017, 11:14:38 am
Great player. Paid his dues. He deserves better. Hopefully he gets it.
He'll get paid on Sundays starting next year.

BallHog1

Quote from: Kevin on September 12, 2017, 10:41:43 am
somebody tell him winning is not important
Somebody tell him that posters on "hogville" know a lot more about football and coaching football than he does. He says the coaches are phenomenal but all the couch potatoes that watch from home on Saturday know much more than an actual potential all american player that's on the field with them everyday.

Al Boarland

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 12, 2017, 01:06:18 pm
Somebody tell him that posters on "hogville" know a lot more about football and coaching football than he does. He says the coaches are phenomenal but all the couch potatoes that watch from home on Saturday know much more than an actual potential all american player that's on the field with them everyday.

I'm sure he's not bias at all...

BallHog1

HogimusMaximus

BallHog1

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 12, 2017, 01:14:20 pm
Why would Ragnow say anything negative about the coaches?  No reason whatsoever.

1 - He'll get paid less by causing any controversy.

2 - He plays for an administration that doesn't place a high priority on competing beyond the caliber of what's on display now.  It's comfortable.

May be true, yet I still have to take the word of someone who is actually there more seriously than folks who have no clue what happens in practice or during a game. Its all speculation and its all emotion. Neither are great for testifying.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 12, 2017, 10:44:01 am
That is what he said - time to quit talking and perform.
About 2 months late getting started, though.

Hogberry Snortcake

Hoggiedawg

I feel for Mr. Ragnow and all the players.  They are in a bad situation.  Likely don't really know what is wrong and would be very foolish to speak in public or private for that matter, even it they did.  I ask many to remember how the players pretty much loved John L. Smith and how did that go???  In my opinion, most of what is wrong with the team is mental, more to the point, ATTITUDE.  We plenty enough talent to be much better.  Coaching, not so much.

It is interesting that many on here choose to try and wreck the credibility of anyone disgusted with the Hog program by talking down the ability of the average fan to really know anything about the actual workings of a football team, its players and its coaches.

About the only thing you have to know is enough about football to be interested in the game in general to know we have a problem at Arkansas.  When you play games, really all you are doing is a huge game of comparing.  It happens every week.  Example:  OSU beating Tulsa in the first game of the season clearly showed OSU to be superior and that was expected.  No big deal.  Neither team gained or lost a great deal in that comparison.  OU beating Ohio State at Ohio State with a new coach and after Ohio State hammering them last year in Norman, now that was a big deal or comparison.  My point is that if you only know enough about the game to realize it comes down to making comparisons week after week, season after season, and then do a bit of history on any team you care enough about to compare, you find very soon, Arkansas has a problem.  The more detailed your comparison gets, the more you realize Arkansas has a problem.  You don't even have to know what a first down is to know after a bit of study they must be important and are one of the comparisons you might use.  Same with win and losses.  Same with who you lose to and/or win against.  Basically, you can determine the quality of a team against all others just like you might choose a company to buy stock in, comparison against the competition.  Of course, you eventually, at least with Arkansas, come to realize Arkansas' stock value continues to stay up, though their product isn't that good.  More comparison soon brings you to the understanding that the investors in the Arkansas program do it for a love of the product and an ingrown decades long personal investment in the product.  Its like a Kid who seems to never do right and is always in trouble.  You may totally dislike the performance but you still dearly love the child and would come to his defense even when you know you are entirely wrong to do so by all measures except emotion.  Don't let anyone dis you about your football knowledge.  The end result is another comparison that can explain things.  Over time, we suck and there isn't any good reason for that.

Rudy Baylor

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on September 14, 2017, 09:06:38 am
I feel for Mr. Ragnow and all the players.  They are in a bad situation.  Likely don't really know what is wrong and would be very foolish to speak in public or private for that matter, even it they did.  I ask many to remember how the players pretty much loved John L. Smith and how did that go???  In my opinion, most of what is wrong with the team is mental, more to the point, ATTITUDE.  We plenty enough talent to be much better.  Coaching, not so much.

It is interesting that many on here choose to try and wreck the credibility of anyone disgusted with the Hog program by talking down the ability of the average fan to really know anything about the actual workings of a football team, its players and its coaches.

About the only thing you have to know is enough about football to be interested in the game in general to know we have a problem at Arkansas.  When you play games, really all you are doing is a huge game of comparing.  It happens every week.  Example:  OSU beating Tulsa in the first game of the season clearly showed OSU to be superior and that was expected.  No big deal.  Neither team gained or lost a great deal in that comparison.  OU beating Ohio State at Ohio State with a new coach and after Ohio State hammering them last year in Norman, now that was a big deal or comparison.  My point is that if you only know enough about the game to realize it comes down to making comparisons week after week, season after season, and then do a bit of history on any team you care enough about to compare, you find very soon, Arkansas has a problem.  The more detailed your comparison gets, the more you realize Arkansas has a problem.  You don't even have to know what a first down is to know after a bit of study they must be important and are one of the comparisons you might use.  Same with win and losses.  Same with who you lose to and/or win against.  Basically, you can determine the quality of a team against all others just like you might choose a company to buy stock in, comparison against the competition.  Of course, you eventually, at least with Arkansas, come to realize Arkansas' stock value continues to stay up, though their product isn't that good.  More comparison soon brings you to the understanding that the investors in the Arkansas program do it for a love of the product and an ingrown decades long personal investment in the product.  Its like a Kid who seems to never do right and is always in trouble.  You may totally dislike the performance but you still dearly love the child and would come to his defense even when you know you are entirely wrong to do so by all measures except emotion.  Don't let anyone dis you about your football knowledge.  The end result is another comparison that can explain things.  Over time, we suck and there isn't any good reason for that.
The players didn't love JLS. That's just completely untrue. They were just as frustrated as everyone else by his lack of leadership. Remember Tyler Wilson having to come out after the Bama game he didn't even play in and act like the head coach? He didn't want to have to do that but no one else was leading. The players all knew it.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 12, 2017, 01:06:18 pm

Hahahahahaha!!! BINGO!!!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2017, 11:47:52 am
The players didn't love JLS. That's just completely untrue. They were just as frustrated as everyone else by his lack of leadership. Remember Tyler Wilson having to come out after the Bama game he didn't even play in and act like the head coach? He didn't want to have to do that but no one else was leading. The players all knew it.

They may not have loved jls while we were getting our a$$e$ beat, but they did love it when he got hired. That is completely true.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 14, 2017, 04:43:35 pm
They may not have loved jls while we were getting our a$$e$ beat, but they did love it when he got hired. That is completely true.

They all liked him when he was here, sure.  There were serious reservations within the first week. I've heard it from the horse's mouth.