Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brent Venables?

Started by MagnasHog15, September 09, 2017, 08:51:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnasHog15

Considering Clemson has had a stout D since he's been there, I say hire him if Bielema gets canned at years end. Plus I assume he would bring in an OC with a better offense.
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

MagnasHog15

At least a newer more effective offense
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

Arkansasno1

I would be happy with this.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Arkansas Fan

That one poster on here that slobbers all over himself about Clemson would love it. Hell, I'd be for it, just hope he brings in a good OC.

hawgXi

Quote from: MagnasHog15 on September 09, 2017, 08:51:58 pm
Considering Clemson has had a stout D since he's been there, I say hire him if Bielema gets canned at years end. Plus I assume he would bring in an OC with a better offense.

I would be surpised if it comes to a decision for long re CBB this year.

However, brent venables has two NC rings

First at OU, after which stoops disrespected venables by binging in stoops brother as Co DC at OU as a reward for giving stoops his first & only NC.

Clempson, terry don & dabbo had sense enough to pick venables up as their DC & were rewarded with a trip to NCG followed by brent's second NC notch in his belt.

Things look different from the top of the mountain.

On one hand, it's too bad BV has not been a HC.

On the other hand, policy maker JFB is no longer with us.

So, imo,  if change gonna come, l'd put BV at the top of my list

JackTNHogfan

Would probably be a good hire.  He is probably waiting on a good job to open up though. 

thebignasty

Gohogs1091 probably has had a wet dream that goes like this.

Wildhog

Quote from: thebignasty on September 09, 2017, 09:14:03 pm
Gohogs1091 probably has had a wet dream that goes like this.

He's fapping to this thread right now.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

code red

Lol sorry Venables is lol at that suggestion.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

woo.pig

SMU HC Chad Morris would be my pick

CFB_Fanatic

He would be a fantastic hire.

But he would never come here. Holding out for a top 10 job like Kirby Smart did. He'll win pretty much instantly wherever he does go

berryhog

Wildhog

Quote from: berryhog on September 09, 2017, 09:27:58 pm
Guaranteed.

He's in a bubble bath right now, enjoying a fine pinot, rose petals sprinkled on his keyboard.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2017, 09:15:04 pm
He's fapping to this thread right now.

Lol. I neeeed something to laugh at. Thank you.

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2017, 09:32:22 pm
He's in a bubble bath right now, enjoying a fine pinot, rose petals sprinkled on his keyboard.

I hope no one compares Dee Bost to Lee Mayberry.

factchecker

I think Venables might be waiting for the Kansas State job.  GoHogs would have more info.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

thebignasty

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2017, 09:35:51 pm

I was a little concerned if typing that made me gay by accessory.

GoHogs1091

Another defensive masterpiece by Venables tonight.

His defense sacked Auburn's QB 11 times.

His defense held Auburn's offense to 38 total rushing yards on 42 carries for a 0.9 yard per carry average, and his defense held Auburn's offense to 15 total yards in the 2nd half.

Auburn's QB was a preseason All-SEC pick, and Auburn's OL was regarded as a top 3 in the SEC OL.

Youngsta71701

Would love to see us play his attacking style of defense. Not blitzing all the time but attacking all the time.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

presidenthog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 09, 2017, 11:14:20 pm

His defense held Auburn's offense to 38 total rushing yards on 42 carries for a 0.9 yard per carry average, and his defense held Auburn's offense to 15 total yards in the 2nd half.

Auburn's QB was a preseason All-SEC pick, and Auburn's OL was regarded as a top 3 in the SEC OL.

Also if you didn't watch the week before they were God awful at pass pro and stidham didn't look good, and had poor pocket awareness. Literally that fcs team had guys in auburn's backfield. They are not great on offense.

So what auburn won the off season championship. If you win the off season you don't win the real thing. Stidham and thier o line proved it. They both are not very good.

rzrbackramsfan

HOW about Georgia techs coach.

31to6

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 11:19:45 pm
HOW about Georgia techs coach.
Oh Hell no.

How about we hire a coach that is innovative, instead?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: presidenthog on September 09, 2017, 11:18:51 pm
Also if you didn't watch the week before they were God awful at pass pro and stidham didn't look good, and had poor pocket awareness. Literally that fcs team had guys in auburn's backfield. They are not great on offense.

So what auburn won the off season championship. If you win the off season you don't win the real thing. Stidham and thier o line proved it. They both are not very good.

Auburn's Offensive Line is Senior laden with linemen who have a lot of prior playing experience.  It is mostly made up of linemen who paved the way for 56 points and over 500 yards rushing against us last season.

The SEC is getting schooled by Swinney and Venables.  Since 2015 to present, Swinney and Venables are 5-1 against the SEC, the 1 loss being a 5 point loss to Alabama in a game in which Saban had to uncharacteristically utilize a trick play.

Gonzo

I could think of worse options, but despite today I don't think this season will be enough to force a decision this offseason. I think it could very well make next year a do-or-die season though. I'm really torn. I have little, if any, faith in BB anymore, but I hate to think of the Hogs being bad enough this season to force that change. I really think it would take 0-8 in conference, ugh.

Go Hogs!

zane

RIP LSUfan

presidenthog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 10, 2017, 12:35:30 am
Auburn's Offensive Line is Senior laden with linemen who have a lot of prior playing experience.  It is mostly made up of linemen who paved the way for 56 points and over 500 yards rushing against us last season.

The SEC is getting schooled by Swinney and Venables.  Since 2015 to present, Swinney and Venables are 5-1 against the SEC, the 1 loss being a 5 point loss to Alabama in a game in which Saban had to uncharacteristically utilize a trick play.

That Clemson team doesn't best bama this year.

zane

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2017, 09:32:22 pm

With pictures of all the greens at Southern Hills surrounding the tub
RIP LSUfan

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 09, 2017, 11:14:20 pm

Malzahn is doing his typical quarterback-killer act whenever he has a passing quarterback. That was easily foreseeable.
[CENSORED]!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 09, 2017, 09:26:45 pm
He would be a fantastic hire.

But he would never come here. Holding out for a top 10 job like Kirby Smart did. He'll win pretty much instantly wherever he does go
We can pay a top ten salary.  That should draw some coordinators out.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: presidenthog on September 10, 2017, 02:15:25 am
That Clemson team doesn't best bama this year.

There's plenty of reason to believe Clemson can beat Bama. Bamas offense has looked pretty inept so far this season. Their defense is probably the best in CFB but the offense may not be in the top20. Now that has plenty of time to change but right now Clemson is better than Bama on both sides of the ball combined.

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 10, 2017, 03:09:52 am
We can pay a top ten salary.  That should draw some coordinators out.

No we can't. Especially if we pay Bret his 15 million. Top 25 maybe if we reach deep in our pockets. But no way top 10 salary wise.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 31to6 on September 10, 2017, 12:30:05 am
Oh Hell no.

How about we hire a coach that is innovative, instead?
Who gives a damn about innovative?! How about we just win and look like we know what we're doing. Everybody doesn't have to run the spread to be innovative. Personally I love that offense. All it does is replace the TE with a faster running back or a wing back, whichever one you wanna call it. It still has 2 wide receivers on every play.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"