Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HIRE LES MILES Tomorrow... or This Afternoon

Started by razorjon, September 09, 2017, 05:52:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjon

Hire Les Miles tomorrow.... what a complete joke. Why the hell was Austin Allen in the game the last 3min- getting totally abused. Does Coach Butthead want him to get injured so he has an excuse?

How many years does it take to build a program?
"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

billmontgomery10

Quote from: razorjon on September 09, 2017, 05:52:03 pm
Hire Les Miles tomorrow.... what a complete joke. Why the hell was Austin Allen in the game the last 3min- getting totally abused. Does Coach Butthead want him to get injured so he has an excuse?

Amen

geauxhawgs

Agree

HiggiePiggy

No thank you. Would not want him here either.  Not going to be any better than what we are now with him as the head coach. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Silver Hog

but bobby left the cupboard bare and bret was going to rebuild our redshirt program...

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2017, 06:00:59 pm
No thank you. Would not want him here either.  Not going to be any better than what we are now with him as the head coach.
You're wrong.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbackramsfan

No way.  We need a guy that can run the spread and is an offensive mastermind.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 09, 2017, 06:01:15 pm
but bobby left the cupboard bare and bret was going to rebuild our redshirt program...

Honestly, I don't think it's so much the jimmy's and joes, but the X's and O's.

jcharkansas

geauxhawgs

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2017, 06:00:59 pm

your right, it would be a terrible thing for Arkansas to hire a coach who averaged 10 wins and won a national championship. Lets just go get an average coach from the Big 10!!!!

Hollywood870

Jeff Long probably will hire Les Miles. That type of idiotic thinking sounds right on par.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 09, 2017, 06:01:26 pm
You're wrong.

How about give Arkansas the talent that he had. That would be nice. Less Miles wouldn't be any good here with 3 stars everywhere.  Heck he had 5 stars every where and eventually got fired because he was terrible at managing a game.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 09, 2017, 06:05:27 pm
your right, it would be a terrible thing for Arkansas to hire a coach who averaged 10 wins and won a national championship. Lets just go get an average coach from the Big 10!!!!

And again. Give me the 5 star talent all over the field and that would be very nice.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Hollywood870 on September 09, 2017, 06:05:44 pm
Jeff Long probably will hire Les Miles. That type of idiotic thinking sounds right on par.

and your brilliant idea is?????

Hoggie17

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 09, 2017, 06:07:05 pm
And again. Give me the 5 star talent all over the field and that would be very nice.
BP won at Arkansas!

Razor1997

Bobby left the cupboard so bare that we had far and away our best O-line and defense in Bret's second year.

Pecos Hog

root_hawg

Les couldn't win with Louisana talent much less Ark talent

alohawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 06:02:04 pm

I was all for firing BP at the time and I'd fully support bringing him back at seasons end and firing Long and his buddy Bret. UL did it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Potosihog

Not Miles but somebody.  If we can't build an offensive line in 5 years we aren't going to get it done.

Play calling was fine except for that second run into a stacked goalie with the same formation we had just used to get a first down.

Execution was horrible.  O line and receivers take this loss.

Defense is still not good but they are improved.  Anderson isn't getting it done with the line.

And our only seasoned receiver had butter fingers today.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 09, 2017, 06:10:55 pm
BP won at Arkansas!

Yes he did because he is a great offensive minded coach.  We don't have a coach that is great at either side of the ball.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: root_hawg on September 09, 2017, 06:15:27 pm

1 National (2007)
2 SEC (2007, 2011)
3 SEC Western Division (2005, 2007, 2011)
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BDSCT51

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 06:02:04 pm

I thought he already had the HC job at Auburn?
Bleeding Razorback Red

sickboy

You guys are insane. We want improve the program if we're going to find a new coach.

Hogwild

his record says otherwise

Tylerhog

Should have hired Mike Leach, Butch Davis or or or Chucky!

geauxhawgs

Really?? 10 win average & a Natty.  ???

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Razor1997 on September 09, 2017, 06:11:26 pm
Bobby left the cupboard so bare that we had far and away our best O-line and defense in Bret's second year.
see, this is the myth that is pervade around Hog Nation....if the best coach we've had since JFB should have stayed, people forget the year that we were ranked highly after Bobby was removed and John L. Smith put in charge and Smith blew up the program....so the idea that the cupboard was bare is a crock of excrement...watching Bobby win big at UL makes me ill...not because I pull against the guy but there was absolutely no reason to fire CBP...we have a 'holier than thou' builder of new facilities as our AD who wears a halo over his head...strange how you hear the ignorant on Hogville saying Bobby, because of his affair, wouldn't have been able to recruit quality players..horse excrement again, CBP recruited the youngest Heisman winner ever and his teams at UL are outperforming the UA's in a big way...our AD should have given the situation time to blow over and it would have in two weeks because in today' society people forget cheating or you just name the malady because our attention span runs with the 24 hour news cycle, people forget as soon as the next big story comes along....but that ship has sailed and we are much worse for it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

95_alum

BroyledNutts

Artificial turf in Razorback Stadium ... cannot hire ...

Martygit

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 09, 2017, 06:38:42 pm
Artificial turf in Razorback Stadium ... cannot hire ...

Absolutely - he can't chew artificial grass - it would give him cancer and/or ruin his teeth -
RIP OTR, REV

1highhog

ROFLMAO!  He would be worse than Nutt or BB as well.  He had the best recruiting ground as his on front lawn and still what we had as coaches here beat him, he had the best players, but he was no coach.  Without the great players he's just a, well, unemployed.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Although I would love to see Bo Mattingly reaction to us hiring les...I think there are better options out there. We struggle enough on offense as it is...

Hollywood870

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 09, 2017, 06:07:33 pm
and your brilliant idea is?????
Fire Long. Hire Hatfield as AD and Scott Frost as Head Coach.

jvanhorn

Actually I was kind of thinking that after a year off maybe Bob Stoops might not like retirement as much as he thought he would.  I know it is very unlikely, smart guys that know how to go out on top usually don't screw it up, but you never know.  It certainly would be a challenge, lol.

1highhog

Quote from: jvanhorn on September 09, 2017, 07:01:54 pm
Actually I was kind of thinking that after a year off maybe Bob Stoops might not like retirement as much as he thought he would.  I know it is very unlikely, smart guys that know how to go out on top usually don't screw it up, but you never know.  It certainly would be a challenge, lol.

I would like this 100 times better than any idiot that thinks Les Miles would be a good hire.

Hawgphat

I don't see how we could tolerate less smiles here.

jvanhorn

Personally I would do whatever it took to get Terry Don Phillips to unretired and become Athletic Director here.  He is a former Razorback and definitely understands the state and the fans.  He did a hell of a job at Oklahoma State and Clemson.  I am pretty sure he hired the present head football coach at Clemson, lol!!

hawgdavis

What about the former Oregon coach that is not coaching since his exit from the pros

solitons

Hogwild

sowmonella

Lester can't even pronounce Arkansas. He couldn't win with superior talent.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

LRrazorback

GoHogzzGo

I'd rather my left shoe coach this team then les miles. He doesn't elevate he just keeps things the way they are, which would be 6-8 wins again. Might as well keep CBB instead of the grass water for that.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Youngsta71701

If Bobby was the coach instead of Smile I guarantee you we would have won at least 8 games that year.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Rzbakfromwaybak

LOL.  Les may still be struggling with...."AR  KANSAS"....&  Arkansas.  he couldn't recruit here, he can't even pronounce it. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

cypert2

Les (with more) Miles? Would be a worse disaster than what we got now.
Swinging on the two and the four.