Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Texas A&M...

Started by Ben, September 03, 2017, 07:37:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Looks pretty darn good right now on both sides of the ball. We may have an issue with them again. Got to keep improving until then and knock off TCU
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

racinghog

UCLA's off line is horrible

Hogs run wild

if, and that's a big IF, we can contain that run, then we got a good chance. they have speed to burn though.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

greenie

Looks like we just need to play the run. Their passing game looks weak. And UCLA looks horrible.

Bubba's Bruisers

A$M looks very good no matter how good or bad UCLA is.  They're doing what a superior team should do.  This is them every first week of the season.  We will be underdogs like always, yet we've played them very tough regardless.  Have to find a way to get over the jump this time.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgsalot

hawgsalot

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 08:41:19 pm
A$M looks very good no matter how good or bad UCLA is.  They're doing what a superior team should do.  This is them every first week of the season.  We will be underdogs like always, yet we've played them very tough regardless.  Have to find a way to get over the jump this time.

We beat TCU we will not be underdogs

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

010HogFan

Not sold on them. They look ok, but they can't pass the ball a lick. Trayveon Williams is really good, but UCLA is trash. It will still be a tough game for us though regardless just like it always is.

hogcard1964

If we lose to these slugs again, I want Bielema gone the following morning.

Enough!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgsalot on September 03, 2017, 08:42:24 pm
We beat TCU we will not be underdogs

Not buying that no matter the TCU game.  Aggies will be favored.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BigSexyHog

It helps when the other team gifts you turnovers.  And the OL COACH at UCLA is worse them Anderson
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 03, 2017, 08:44:10 pm

Enough!!!

Not happening.  7 wins is all that necessary to keep the seat reasonably cool.  Very doable even with an Aggie loss.

code red

Yeah many here have said the DL would be garbage.  Lol. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

grayhawg

The UCLA team they are playing was a 4 and 8 team last year and look worse than that now.

code red

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 08:47:01 pm
Not happening.  7 wins is all that necessary to keep the seat reasonably cool.  Very doable even with an Aggie loss.
7-5 will mean 9 or more in 2018 or else.  6-6 is the best I see.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Arkansas Fan

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: code red on September 03, 2017, 08:48:20 pm
Yeah many here have said the DL would be garbage.  Lol. 

UCLA was 4-8 last year. Let's not overreact one way or the other

Letsroll1200

Sumlin is showing why he's one of the top 3 coaches in the SEC

AugustaHog

UCLA's defense looks like ours from 2015-16.  Wide open running lanes and poor tackling equals a tail whipping.  Certainly TAMU has a lot to do with that, but a solid run D would force that QB to have to do something.  I'm not sure that he's going to win a ton of games if that running game is held in check.  I'm not sure that we're the D to force their hand, but they will find that challenge in the conerence for sure.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 03, 2017, 08:50:57 pm
Can't be any worse than ours.

They were counting Raulerson to start at center before he was denied admission to there grad program

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 03, 2017, 08:51:59 pm

Then why is A&M looking for reasons to fire him?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGINTENNESSEE

You can't be serious

go hogues

A&M will peak against us and then slowly burn out. Same story since 2013.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: code red on September 03, 2017, 08:50:36 pm

So you're saying if we go 7-5 this season, then 8-4 next, he's fired?  After 5 straight bowl games?  Or does "or else" mean something other than termination?

Letsroll1200

Pudgepork

Top 3 on the hot seat maybe.  Their mid season meltdowns prove he's average because they do have talent

PorkRinds

That's a friggin joke. He's got the hottest seat in the SEC right now.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 03, 2017, 08:53:59 pm

There expectations are higher than Arkansas

grayhawg

Bubba's Bruisers

If going 8-5 all the time with top 10 recruiting classes with threats of termination from your AD is top 3 coaching, then sure.

Pudgepork

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 03, 2017, 08:53:59 pm

I started to ask the same question but then I thought of Richt and Miles

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 08:58:47 pm
If going 8-5 all the time with top 10 recruiting classes with threats of termination from your AD is top 3 coaching, then sure.

He has a different QB almost every year but still win 8 games. I think he knows he has to win more than 8 games this season. That's why I think they're going to be tough to beat this season.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 03, 2017, 09:01:47 pm
He has a different QB almost every year but still win 8 games. I think he knows he has to win more than 8 games this season. That's why I think they're going to be tough to beat this season.

Well no kidding, we haven't beaten him yet, have we?  Of course they'll be a very tough win for us no matter what the homers are spewing.  But that's nothing to do with him being top 3. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 03, 2017, 08:53:30 pm
They were counting Raulerson to start at center before he was denied admission to there grad program

No they weren't.  They were expecting him to compete for the job.  Huge difference.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on September 03, 2017, 08:50:36 pm

He's right. If he wins 6 or 7 games again this season, there'll be another excuse to keep him around for one more year.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 09:03:23 pm
Well no kidding, we haven't beaten him yet, have we?  But that's nothing to do with him being top 3.

He's top 3 to me. To be able to change QB every year but still be competitive is hard in the SEC.

ATU HOG

Not going to disagree that Sumlin is in the middle to top tier of SEC coaches.  The SEC as a whole is down compared to years past in coaches.

Saban

Mullen

Sumlin is probably up there... just shows you the talent pool of SEC coaches is either unproven, or not very good. 

hoglady

UCLA has one of the top QB's in the country.
The A&M secondary has been outstanding.
A&M looks impressive tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on September 03, 2017, 09:06:30 pm

That because their DL can handle the UCLA run game without much help
This is my non-signature signature.

010HogFan

Quote from: hoglady on September 03, 2017, 09:06:30 pm

If he's a top QB in the country then college football is in a sad, sad state

Pudgepork

No need to fret. At least not until after the TCU game.  After that, fret away

hoglady

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:10:20 pm
If he's a top QB in the country then college football is in a sad, sad state

If he comes out this year he will probably be the First QB taken and is projected to be a Top 5 pick.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

010HogFan

Quote from: hoglady on September 03, 2017, 09:12:16 pm
If he comes out this year he will probably be the First QB taken and is projected to be a Top 5 pick.
He's another Jared Goff, nothing more nothing less

snoblind

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 03, 2017, 08:44:10 pm

Enough!!!

Didn't you get outed as a Bama fan?  Why would you care?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 03, 2017, 09:01:47 pm

I think that's more to do with the talent he gets at the other positions, not at QB.

King Kong

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 03, 2017, 09:03:48 pm
No they weren't.  They were expecting him to compete for the job.  Huge difference.

No they were expecting him to be the guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-football-transfer-jake-raulerson-commits-to-bruins-012516%3famp=true

http://dailybruin.com/2016/04/09/ucla-football-buckles-under-recurring-problems-in-o-line/