Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bolo1010 on 11 Aug 2017
  • Obviously this wasn't one of our bigger wins of the 90's but I will never forget this game and how loud BWA was that night.  I was watching with my dad and brother that night and I don't think we sat down that whole second half.  It was a good way to send off Hood, Bradley, and Reid. 

Hopefully with our program trending up it won't be long until we have The Bud rocking like that again on a consistent basis.  Having a great OOC home schedule this year will help.  I've been so pumped about the upcoming basketball season that the enthusiasm I usually have this time of year awaiting for football season to start is almost non existent. 

I'm usually cautiously optimistic but I just have a feeling this could be a special year and the future is looking brighter. 

• #2 by Arazorbackguy1 on 11 Aug 2017
  • How is this not one of our bigger wins?  Auburn was #2. 
  • #3 by Hogwop on 11 Aug 2017
  • This game was a blast to be at! Best crowd I've ever seen in person.
  • #4 by bolo1010 on 11 Aug 2017

That's true it was a big win for that season and the most exciting game I've ever watched.  I just meant in reference to some of the big power houses we beat in the MayDay era and then in the Corliss Thurman era.  Auburn had a really good team that year.  Chris Porter was exciting to watch but Auburn wasn't an elite team in the 90's
  • #5 by Hollywood_HOGan45 on 11 Aug 2017
  • That's a sporting event I will never ever ever forget. I loved being at that game.
  • #6 by Hog Fan...DOH! on 12 Aug 2017
  • The Bud.  My goodness.
  • #7 by ErieHog on 12 Aug 2017

We won a national title that decade, a national runner up, and went to 3 Final Fours.  We were ranked #1  16 different times,  won our 30th game of the season 4 times in the 1990s-- its bigger than average-- heck, it may even be Top 20,  but beating the best Auburn team ever is not one of our bigger wins.
  • #8 by niels_boar on 12 Aug 2017
  • We won a national title that decade, a national runner up, and went to 3 Final Fours.  We were ranked #1  16 different times,  won our 30th game of the season 4 times in the 1990s-- its bigger than average-- heck, it may even be Top 20,  but beating the best Auburn team ever is not one of our bigger wins.

I disagree.  We were on the bubble and spanked the #2 team on the last game of the season.  Auburn only lost to two other teams that year UK (EE) and Ohio State (FF).  Too bad Hood was hurt before the Iowa game, or that game might have been the difference between a SS and the NIT.  In any case, it's a very big win if the #2 team in the nation stands between you and the NCAAT.  Because that team wasn't great, the stakes were very high. 

I wish Jeffries had hung around to play with Johnson.  Another of the too-many what-ifs concerning players making puzzling decisions to leave Arkansas.
  • #9 by KenHawg2023 on 12 Aug 2017
  • That game was awesome to watch. Chris Porter wasn't much of a pro but he made that Auburn team better than they should have been. Our Hogs just spanked them from halftime on. They literally didn't want any. The Bud was a spectacle... maaaaan... miss that.

Chris Jeffries definitely would have made a huge difference. I may even argue if he'd stayed he would have had a better shot at a pro career. He was good at Fresno but if he stayed another year or two... ah well... good times. WPS
  • #10 by Hollywood_HOGan45 on 12 Aug 2017
  • That game was awesome to watch. Chris Porter wasn't much of a pro but he made that Auburn team better than they should have been. Our Hogs just spanked them from halftime on. They literally didn't want any. The Bud was a spectacle... maaaaan... miss that.

Chris Jeffries definitely would have made a huge difference. I may even argue if he'd stayed he would have had a better shot at a pro career. He was good at Fresno but if he stayed another year or two... ah well... good times. WPS

Chris Jeffries and joe johnson on the same team.....
  • #11 by Arazorbackguy1 on 13 Aug 2017
  • Jeffries was drafted in first round, 27th pick. 
  • #12 by KenHawg2023 on 13 Aug 2017
  • Arazorbackguy1 great point, obviously I'd forgotten exactly where he ended up.
  • #13 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 13 Aug 2017
  • Team is headed in the right direction.  Time for fans to do their part to get the Bud back to its glory days.  Those weren't great teams they were good teams and fun to watch and the fans back then appreciated it, and realized they could make a difference.  Thanks for posting, enjoyed watching that. My favorite part may be the Jeffries shimmy.  I remember seeing it on Sports Center.  I know everyone is ready for FB to start but I'm ready for BB season to start as well.  WPS.
  • #14 by Sow Lancelot on 14 Aug 2017
  • Gotta love Slobberin' Hog on Jefferson Pilot.

Good times.
  • #15 by rzrbackramsfan on 14 Aug 2017
  • Wow.  That was amazing to watch. We have got to get the bud rocking like that again.
  • #16 by NWAHog479 on 17 Aug 2017
  • One of the best games that I have ever been at. Who was the guy that they had that was so good that year? I want to say that he had an afro or interesting hair.
  • #17 by HogAlum99 on 18 Aug 2017
  • Went to most basketball games during my 5 years on The Hill, and yes, this was probably my favorite!!! That place was rockin the entire time. I still bring this game up when I think of the loudest I have heard at BWA.
  • #18 by bulldog04 on 18 Aug 2017
  • One of the best games that I have ever been at. Who was the guy that they had that was so good that year? I want to say that he had an afro or interesting hair.
    Chris Porter
  • #19 by Ray Piggers on 19 Aug 2017
  • Was there. When Derek Hood catches that oop in the 2nd half, idk that I've ever heard The Bud louder
  • #20 by hawg66 on 20 Aug 2017
  • The Shootah
  • #21 by UNCLE BACK on 21 Aug 2017
  • This was one of the greatest atmospheres I have ever been apart of....
Pages:
Actions