Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gotta love CMA

Started by BannerMountainMan, July 25, 2017, 06:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

Trey Thompson is a senior? Holy crap.

Good stuff.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on July 25, 2017, 08:24:07 pm

Good stuff.

Not only that, he's already graduated.

hoglady

Oh - that was funny.
Trey smashed that pie pretty hard in Coach's face.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Breems on July 25, 2017, 08:24:07 pm

Good stuff.

yes, he was wasted his freshman year with a few mob up minutes.  I know many of you guys disagree but he should of RS just like many of our Freshmen who only play a few minutes that year.  I will go a step further I think it is stupid not to RS those kids who are not ready. We will sign 6 kids in 2018 and if they are all freshman why would you not red shirt one or two of them.  you can not play all 13 on your roster.

I like red shirting for 2 reasons,  it gives them another year to develop which is really good for your big men and they should always be better their 5th year than their freshman year plus it would help keep many of your little used and not ready freshman from transferring because they do not want to set another year and lose a year of eligibility.  If the kid does not work out in lets say year 3 or 4 then ship him down to D2 where he is eligible immediately.     I see all pluses to Red shirting a kid who are not ready as freshmen.

Ironhawg

It's great to see the kids laughing and having fun!  Can't wait for basketball season!!!!

FineAsSwine

Loved it. Good to see the team having fun together.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 26, 2017, 11:44:52 pm
yes, he was wasted his freshman year with a few mob up minutes.  I know many of you guys disagree but he should of RS just like many of our Freshmen who only play a few minutes that year.  I will go a step further I think it is stupid not to RS those kids who are not ready. We will sign 6 kids in 2018 and if they are all freshman why would you not red shirt one or two of them.  you can not play all 13 on your roster.

I like red shirting for 2 reasons,  it gives them another year to develop which is really good for your big men and they should always be better their 5th year than their freshman year plus it would help keep many of your little used and not ready freshman from transferring because they do not want to set another year and lose a year of eligibility.  If the kid does not work out in lets say year 3 or 4 then ship him down to D2 where he is eligible immediately.     I see all pluses to Red shirting a kid who are not ready as freshmen.

very few players RS in college bball anymore unless there is an injury involved. Plus, when you are dead set on plying 9 + guys a game, you can't redshirt too many.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

There are a select few who have the internet skills to turn a fluff story about a pie to the face into a wholesale indictment of CMA's redshirt philosophy.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 27, 2017, 01:27:27 pm
There are a select few who have the internet skills to turn a fluff story about a pie to the face into a wholesale indictment of CMA's redshirt philosophy.
He is special... ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

1hawgballer2

Reply: Mike doesn't Red Shirt unless it is a medical/hardship Red Shirt. He recruits you to play, not to sit on the bench next to him plus as he says he is always recruiting

Ham Sandwich

This is silly. You don't red shirt guys in college bball anymore. They don't stick around long.

DeepFreeze

Have to say, the dude at the end of it that takes a taste off of Anderson's head is classic.

Guess he was hungry.

Rirruto

The Hogfather

Quote from: DeepFreeze on August 04, 2017, 02:03:10 pm
Have to say, the dude at the end of it that takes a taste off of Anderson's head is classic.

Guess he was hungry.

Ha!  That was freshman Darious Hall.  Love it!

widespreadsooie

Mike is a great coach and person, can't wait for the next 5 years of basketball.

HogFan1973

Anyone know where we can find the shirt Mike is wearing?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 04, 2017, 11:16:25 pm
Mike is a great coach and person, can't wait for the next 5 years of basketball.

I thunk we have some serious accolades Comin towards us in the next five years

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 05, 2017, 12:42:02 am

I thunk we have some serious accolades Comin towards us in the next five years
if Arkansas get to that sweet 16 or elite eight this year then that is going to open us some big recruiting opportunities, this year is HUGE, and from what I've heard from players it's going to be great
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HiggiePiggy

Just lock down Arkansas and we are looking at some really high recruiting classes in the last few years.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GuvHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on August 05, 2017, 02:15:48 pm
if Arkansas get to that sweet 16 or elite eight this year then that is going to open us some big recruiting opportunities, this year is HUGE, and from what I've heard from players it's going to be great

I sure hope so because right now the hogs are looking at starting the 2018-2019 season with only 1 true big man and that's not a good position to be in.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

JayHog

The ol' "everybody is doing it/not doing it" argument. So stupid. I remember my favorite college professor writing on the board "Because that's the way it always been done"... he said that is the worst phrase you could ever mention in business!
I think it was Warren Buffett who said when everyone else is running from a fire, that's when you run to the fire.  That means there is opportunity there!
If you do the same thing you've always done, you get the same results you've always gotten. The very definition of insanity is doing the same things you've always done and expecting a different result.
So "nobody" redshirts players these days? Great! I see opportunity there. You've have to be different to have success. It's the same in business. "Differentiation" is one of the main things you are taught in any business school. Differentiation is what gives you a major competitive advantage.  If most schools don't redshirt players, then that makes me wish we would do it even more!

younghog

Love it...

I'm expecting a lot out of this group.. Great to see them having fun.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 04, 2017, 09:17:55 pm
Ha!  That was freshman Darious Hall.  Love it!

Alabama's challenge was so tame. Ours is the best by far.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: JayHog on August 06, 2017, 09:59:47 pm
The ol' "everybody is doing it/not doing it" argument. So stupid. I remember my favorite college professor writing on the board "Because that's the way it always been done"... he said that is the worst phrase you could ever mention in business!
I think it was Warren Buffett who said when everyone else is running from a fire, that's when you run to the fire.  That means there is opportunity there!
If you do the same thing you've always done, you get the same results you've always gotten. The very definition of insanity is doing the same things you've always done and expecting a different result.
So "nobody" redshirts players these days? Great! I see opportunity there. You've have to be different to have success. It's the same in business. "Differentiation" is one of the main things you are taught in any business school. Differentiation is what gives you a major competitive advantage.  If most schools don't redshirt players, then that makes me wish we would do it even more!

So you think removing guys from the possibility of getting a spot in the rotation is good for retaining their services because it would differentiate our program from others and somehow make top recruits come here?

Certainly sounds like running towards the fire.

Hogimus Prime

I like the mix of this team. A great group of senior guards. Some solid forwards and good bigman. Throw in a couple sophomores that are developing then a trio of talented freshman and this team could be something special.

I kinda look at Garland, Hall and Gafford as a new triplets. All the great Razorback teams were lead by three great players. Delph, Brewer and Moncrief then came Day, Mayberry and Miller. A title with Corliss, Scotty and Beck.  I think really think if Gafford, Garland and Hall develop and stick around for a couple of years then they could be mentioned with those other trios

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JayHog on August 06, 2017, 09:59:47 pm
noun: insanity
the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

•extreme foolishness or irrationality.

Just an FYI... ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"