Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I forgive Houston Nutt

Started by Stephen Greene, May 29, 2017, 01:57:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Greene

I forgive Gus Malzahn. I forgive Jack Crowe.

I forgive Heath and Pelfrey

Stephen Greene

longtimeHogfan

Meh....I think I'll hang onto my dislike for hootie for a while longer. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

Hooten still the QB Killer!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 30, 2017, 12:58:24 pm
Hooten still the QB Killer!

it's time to forgive Delta

can you not openly do that?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Heath and Pel can be forgiven.  Good guys for the most part that gave it their best shot and were fired for not winning or not winning enough.  That's it.  Same with Jack Crowe although he is a bit of an ass or bitter about getting s-canned by Broyles.

Houston on a totally different level, put pride, and himself above his players and his program.  His MSM did more harm than good and was part of the last vestiges of the GOBN sitting on pappy Frank's knee.  Split the fanbase.  Got $3 mil clean to walk away when any other coach's buyout would have been offset by a new gig.  His wasn't.  Shall I go on?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Stephen Greene on May 30, 2017, 01:13:06 pm
it's time to forgive Delta

can you not openly do that?

Ok.  I forgive you Delta.  Yeah, I feel better all ready.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 30, 2017, 04:35:31 pm
Heath and Pel can be forgiven.  Good guys for the most part that gave it their best shot and were fired for not winning or not winning enough.  That's it.  Same with Jack Crowe although he is a bit of an ass or bitter about getting s-canned by Broyles.

Houston on a totally different level, put pride, and himself above his players and his program.  His MSM did more harm than good and was part of the last vestiges of the GOBN sitting on pappy Frank's knee.  Split the fanbase.  Got $3 mil clean to walk away when any other coach's buyout would have been offset by a new gig.  His wasn't.  Shall I go on?

it's time for you to swallow your foolish pride, and forgive

riccoar

Sorry, you get no pass for trying to burn down the institution you professed to love on the way out the door.

Keep your Okie Lite alma mater ass anywhere but Arkansas.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: riccoar on May 31, 2017, 10:58:33 am
Sorry, you get no pass for trying to burn down the institution you professed to love on the way out the door.

thebignasty

Probably the worst thread in the history of hogville.

Stephen Greene

goodguytex

What about Guv and Hogcard?? Can they be forgiven too? Or is that going too far?

Stephen Greene

Quote from: goodguytex on June 01, 2017, 06:28:09 am
What about Guv and Hogcard?? Can they be forgiven too? Or is that going too far?

Yes

And I forgive DeltaBoy

Stephen Greene

well, it looks like the I Forgive Houston Nutt thread is going to outlast the Trash Can Meet'n Greet thread

losers weepers

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

pigture perfect

Quote from: riccoar on May 31, 2017, 10:58:33 am

He wasn't the only Arkansas coach to do that. The biggest one was 4-5 before Hootie. I give him no slack either.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Stephen Greene

I'm pretty sure that me forgiving Houston Nutt is more important than Bielema losing weight

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Stephen Greene on June 08, 2017, 05:53:55 pm
I'm pretty sure that me forgiving Houston Nutt is more important than Bielema losing weight

Bielema could live longer if he lost some though.

PonderinHog

Bump.  I don't want this to fall too far down the page.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 08, 2017, 10:20:09 pm
Bump.  I don't want this to fall too far down the page.

Ponderin, just so you know, I put on a big pot of pintos and ham hocks this morning. Should be ready by supper time. Gonna fry up some taters for you boys and make a couple of pans of cornbread in a cast iron skillet and fry up some bolognie. Gonna eat good in here tonight.  Stop by for a bite and get yourself all gassy with these beans for the weekend. Your wives will appreciate it.

Stephen Greene

I Forgive Houston Nutt in the Trash Can lives

It lives

It's alive

thebignasty

I don't forgive him but appreciate him accepting himself for what he is. A villain.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: thebignasty on July 22, 2017, 01:38:35 pm
I don't forgive him but appreciate him accepting himself for what he is. A villain.

2005-2007 was all an elaborate plan for us to bring down Ole Miss

We sent Houston in to do a job, and by damn, he's done it.

thebignasty

Quote from: Stephen Greene on July 22, 2017, 06:33:41 pm
2005-2007 was all an elaborate plan for us to bring down Ole Miss

We sent Houston in to do a job, and by damn, he's done it.

Between that darn and the Clintons, Arkansas is the go to state if you wanna deep danged conspiracy to work

PonderinHog

I'm bumping the other thread.  This one kinda sucks.

DeltaBoy

Now since HDN pearl harbored Old Miss all is good!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

I forgive HDN for what he's done to his wife & family, but never for what he did to the Razorbacks!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)