Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by jbcarol on 07 Jan 2018
  • AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Georgia linebacker JJ Peterson picks Vols over Bama, Georgia

Four-star outside linebacker JJ Peterson of Colquitt County in Moultrie, Ga., picked Tennessee over Alabama and Georgia in a live announcement during the U.S. Army All-American Game on Saturday.

The 6-foot-1.5, 210-pound Peterson is the No. 2 rated outside linebacker in the nation, according to the 247 composite rankings. He also is the No. 8 player in Georgia and the No. 44 player in the nation.

Peterson played for former Hoover coach Rush Propst at Colquitt County.

Peterson is the highest rated 2018 commitment for new Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, who is still coaching Alabama's defense through Monday's CFP championship game.
  • #152 by ALLVOL on 07 Jan 2018
  • Very big get for Pruitt. I've been very surprised at how well he's done thus far recruiting for UT while coaching at the dump school.
  • #153 by King Kong on 07 Jan 2018
  • Very big get for Pruitt. I've been very surprised at how well he's done thus far recruiting for UT while coaching at the dump school.

He is after a lot of Juco also. Guy wants to win soon
  • #154 by jbcarol on 15 Jan 2018
  • AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

In-state, 3-star LB Matthew Flint flips from Tennessee to North Carolina

Madison County senior, three-star linebacker Matthew Flint has decommitted from Tennessee, pledged to North Carolina and will enroll for the spring semester, Tigers coach Scott Sharp confirmed this morning.

The 6-foot, 215-pound Flint, who committed to Tennessee in August, visited Chapel Hill over the weekend. He tweeted that his decision was due in part to the Volunteers' head coaching change. Jeremy Pruitt replaced Butch Jones in early December.
  • #155 by jbcarol on 30 Jan 2018
  • Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Tennessee receives position of need commitment from CB Brandon Davis

Davis rates as a 3-star prospect and ranks as the No. 72 prospect in Louisiana.

Davis is the 19th commitment in the Class of 2018 for the Vols with National Signing Day rapidly approaching on Feb. 7.

Tennessee lost four cornerbacks from last seasonís roster.
  • #156 by jbcarol on 07 Feb 2018
  • John Mincey and Joseph Norwood are Volsí 15th and 16th signees.
  • #157 by jbcarol on 07 Feb 2018
  • #158 by jbcarol on 08 Feb 2018

• Wes Rucker
    ‏Verified account @wesrucker247
    11h11 hours ago

#New Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt: Give this staff a full year, and when you look at the rankings next year on National Signing Day, weíre gonna be right at the top.
  • #159 by DLUXHOG on 08 Feb 2018
  • Iíd much rather be in the college football playoffs than have the top ranked recruiting class...... which is why Tennessee probably will never do that again....
  • #160 by ALLVOL on 18 Feb 2018
  • Iíd much rather be in the college football playoffs than have the top ranked recruiting class...... which is why Tennessee probably will never do that again....
    I'm sure you're right... I mean just look at history...
Pages:
Actions