Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So quiet on here after a blowout win.

Started by -Blu, January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Atlhogfan1

This thread is as bad as the other extreme.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

Great win tonight Hogs! Even though it was against a team that is 0-6 in the league. We attacked the zone well, better ball movement. Madden is turning into a Star and it would still be nice to get Qualls and Harris going a little more. Great effort and good win.

nextlevel

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 25, 2014, 08:20:16 pm
Great win tonight Hogs! Even though it was against a team that is 0-6 in the league. We attacked the zone well, better ball movement. Madden is turning into a Star and it would still be nice to get Qualls and Harris going a little more. Great effort and good win.

Subtle. Backhanded.

Nice.

LSU is being blown out @ 8-10 Alabama currently.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

forrest city joe

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2014, 08:23:41 pm
Subtle. Backhanded.

Nice.

Bama beating Lsu at home is not a shock.

checkraiser88

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2014, 08:23:41 pm
Subtle. Backhanded.

Nice.

Look Nexlevel, my post really wasn't meant to be shined in a negative light. I thought we put out a pretty good performance tonight. There's not a doubt in my mind we can beat Mizzou with a similar performance Tuesday night.

nextlevel

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 25, 2014, 08:36:14 pm
Look Nexlevel, my post really wasn't meant to be shined in a negative light. I thought we put out a pretty good performance tonight. There's not a doubt in my mind we can beat Mizzou with a similar performance Tuesday night.

Sure.

LSU has made it a game again. This game is of interest as LSU, Mizzou, and Bama have struggled on the road and defending the home court this year. Mizzou beats Auburn by two on the road, goes to LSU and makes it a game. LSU hasn't looked well on the road is making it a game with Bama.

We play all three teams twice, these 6 games will be key to our post season aspirations, provided we beat Vandy and Ms. State.

I'm not worried about this team winning at home, I felt better about the game being secure when they were up by 8 with 10:00 or so to go than I do when they are down 2 on the road with 10:00 to go in the first half...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Pork Twain

Quote from: nextlevel on January 25, 2014, 07:54:41 pm
I'll check the record, but pretty sure he's been doing just that.
You probably should go ahead and do that, because other than Auburn, it has been pretty dry.  I believe I said teams like Auburn, not just Auburn
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dropkick

Good lord, we beat a horrible Auburn team at home ( which is the only place we can win) and we get scolded for no chest bumps and high 5s. WOW!!!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm
The Mike Anderson haters have nothing to say!

That's OK, the Long haters will doubtless fill in the quite by pointing out Jeff messed up by letting the SEC office take the return game at Auburn off the schedule.

Breems

We could realistically win @LSU. It would require a hot-shooting night, Portis staying on the floor, and EVERYONE hitting the glass like they did against Tenn.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on January 25, 2014, 08:52:48 pm
That's OK, the Long haters will doubtless fill in the quite by pointing out Jeff messed up by letting the SEC office take the return game at Auburn off the schedule.
Awesome screen name.

HamIAm

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 07:56:04 pm
Who said get excited?  I was just saying it's a lil quite around here after a win that breaks a 2 game losing slide.

Break a 2 ROAD game losing streak and then you'll get all the posts you want. Get a home victory over the only team we've beaten on the road the last 2 years and I'll think we did what was expected. So what do you want, I should be on here talking about how we might win the conference tournament now?   

I'm not an Anderson hater. I'm glad we won. I hope we win out.  But this calling people haters just because they are getting impatient with the same old same old is pretty ridiculous.

Your only purpose is to stir up an argument. You want to draw lines to separate the fan base.

nextlevel

Welp, after taking a lead late in the second half, then losing it, down by two, after a time out, one on one dribbling by Stringer leads to a turnover and loss to Bama for LSU.

ell oh ell

(notOM)Rebel123

Just rolled in from the game...Nice win tonight by the Hogs. Never felt like the Hogs were in danger of Auburn making a real run in the 2nd half. Portis & Madden played well. Great hustle by Coty Clarke after falling over press row, re-entering the court at the end of the Auburn bench & then coming from behind to make the steal. Good effort tonight. Nice to see the Hogs finish and put an opponent away. Crowd wasn't really jacked up, but it was Auburn. Congrats to CMA on win 250.
Need a win over Mizzou on Tuesday.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Maddhog

I'm still neutral with regard to Coach Anderson.    The team has mastered the art of winning at home and that is progress.  Frankly, though, it never occurred to me that we would lose to Auburn.  They are a really unsuccessful program with a lame duck coach and no fan support.  We even beat them on the road last year.       
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

thirtythree

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 25, 2014, 07:55:11 pm
You sound really upset after this win. speaks for itself folks.

Thats what you want to think. I am far from upset. Just keep shouting from the rooftops though.

I am happy for the win, but I am not going to get all up in arms until i see something on the road.

HamIAm

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 25, 2014, 09:17:01 pm
Just rolled in from the game...Nice win tonight by the Hogs. Never felt like the Hogs were in danger of Auburn making a real run in the 2nd half. Portis & Madden played well. Great hustle by Coty Clarke after falling over press row, re-entering the court at the end of the Auburn bench & then coming from behind to make the steal. Good effort tonight. Nice to see the Hogs finish and put an opponent away. Crowd wasn't really jacked up, but it was Auburn. Congrats to CMA on win 250.

Wow, there's a thought Blu.  People were actually at the game and away from their computers.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HamIAm on January 25, 2014, 09:19:22 pm
Wow, there's a thought Blu.  People were actually at the game and away from their computers.

What was the announced attendance? Haven't heard....but it was a good crowd.

Updated:
Just read the stats sheet...16,762 attendance
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

pigture perfect

Quite Quietly Quiet, which is aas it should be after a win. And may I add, by both sides of the debate.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nextlevel

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 25, 2014, 09:24:04 pm
Quite Quietly Quiet, which is aas it should be after a win. And may I add, by both sides of the debate.

Huh? Some come here to talk basketball and about the team, not the job status of university employees.

ell oh ell

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigsooie4life

I don't know the exact number. Heard the announcers say there was a little over 10,000 there. Should be more on Tuesday even though it is during the week. The Hogs looked good tonight. I still think they might have played better overall against tenner the other night. I'm sure that makes no sense to some bc it was a loss, but that should of been a win. The refs in that game were pathetic, especially one in particular.

Hoggish1

PonderinHog

Dropkick

This is quiet a thread! Ok, I'll be quite.

Wild Bill Hog

tomw

I was busy and didn't see the game..cmon, this is auburn..worst team im sec..if they couldn't beat auburn at home , then it would of been turn in your uniforms and turn out the lights

FaytownHog

Does winning tonight mean we are going to be better on the road now? Everyone knows we can beat just about anyone at home and almost no one on the road. And unless you can win on the road, you aren't going to the dance. So, it's quiet because no one had any doubts we'd win at home against the worst team in the league, even the haters. Nothing has changed as of yet.

latrops

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 25, 2014, 09:17:01 pm

That was the best thing about the game...that it never really felt in doubt.  Auburn had it down to the 8 or 9 point range some in the 2nd half, but Arkansas would then take control and extend the lead, as the better team at home should do.

Nice to see Gulley continuing to play well.  Ant Bell and Jacorey Williams had decent games as well.  Qualls is still in a bit of an offensive funk, though did make a couple of plays.  Harris is struggling as well.  We need at least one of those two to get going to give our bench some scoring punch.

latrops

I don't quite get why you all don't quit with the quiet jokes.

Dropkick

Quote from: latrops on January 25, 2014, 10:13:16 pm
I don't quite get why you all don't quit with the quiet jokes.
They are actually quite jokes.......

Nipsey Mussle

Any conference game that you win by 19 should be celebrated and appreciated. This team is capable of doing lots of good things. Let's not forget to enjoy the wins, though.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm
The Mike Anderson haters have nothing to say!

There isn't many haters.  There are a lot like myself that are disappointed in the road problems that continue. 

We all know we would beat Auburn. We are at home. We also know that it is very likely that we beat Missouri.

The question is do we lay another egg when we go on the road. For the last 2 years and so far half way through this season we have seen the exact results that we have seen since the beginning of Mike Anderson's time at Arkansas which are we play great at home, but suck really bad on the road.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 25, 2014, 10:24:37 pm
There isn't many haters.  There are a lot like myself that are disappointed in the road problems that continue. 

We all know we would beat Auburn. We are at home. We also know that it is very likely that we beat Missouri.

The question is do we lay another egg when we go on the road. For the last 2 years and so far half way through this season we have seen the exact results that we have seen since the beginning of Mike Anderson's time at Arkansas which are we play great at home, but suck really bad on the road.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think there are lots of MA haters on this board. There may not be many calling for his job, but there are haters.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 10:25:46 pm
You're kidding yourself if you don't think there are lots of MA haters on this board. There may not be many calling for his job, but there are haters.

Ok.  Still doesn't change the rest of what I posted.  People are tired of seeing the same crap every year. We want NCAA tournaments.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

20+ pt win at home over tge doormat of the league. What is there to talk about. Decent effort. Gulley & Portis looked really good.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dirty

This day just keeps getting better!  The wife wants me! 

Later!

I will probably be buying something tomorrow!

:)

devildoghawg

What needs to be said? That we beat a team at home by 20 that we should have beat at home by 20? Barbee sucks and so does auburn.  We beat everyone at home, do it on the road or don't talk about it.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

BadHog

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't say anything positive. It might get construed as to something like supporting MA and the players and stuff...
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Dr. Starcs

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't say anything negative. It might get construed as to something like not supporting MA and stuff...

FIFY

BadHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 25, 2014, 10:37:42 pm
Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't say anything negative. It might get construed as to something like not supporting MA and stuff...

FIFY

Nope - that's not what I said. I meant what I posted.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: devildoghawg on January 25, 2014, 10:30:33 pm
What needs to be said? That we beat a team at home by 20 that we should have beat at home by 20? Barbee sucks and so does auburn.  We beat everyone at home, do it on the road or don't talk about it.
So if I'm following that logic correctly, then when we lose a game we're supposed to lose no one should be saying much on here?

BadHog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 10:45:02 pm
So if I'm following that logic correctly, then when we lose a game we're supposed to lose no one should be saying much on here?

That pretty much sums up the logic here!

-Blu

Quote from: HamIAm on January 25, 2014, 09:19:22 pm

Thought about that, then I remembered when we played #10 Florida in front of 19,000 fans, and the entire front page of jump ball was overrun with "concern" about our coach and players.

So... looks like your the person that needs to think before posting, I always do :)

GuvHog

Quote from: thirtythree on January 25, 2014, 07:42:28 pm
What are you talking about. It was a HOME game against the worst team in the SEC.

We still need improvement in a lot of areas.

Let's start winning on the road before we start getting excited.

I agree about the road but still, it was a very much needed win. Congrats to Mike and the hogs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 10:45:02 pm

That makes complete sense BBs, so expect some people not to understand it, because that logic didn't hold up when we lost to Florida and Tennessee. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on January 25, 2014, 10:59:08 pm
That makes complete sense BBs, so expect some people not to understand it, because that logic didn't hold up when we lost to Florida and Tennessee.
Yeah Blu, somehow I don't remember reading, "We were suppose to lose. Not much to really say."

Btw, +1, not for any particular post as much as just the entire thread.

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 11:04:57 pm
Yeah Blu, somehow I don't remember reading, "We were suppose to lose. Not much to really say."

Btw, +1, not for any particular post as much as just the entire thread.

+1 to you as well, I always appreciate your feedback and comments always a good read.