Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So quiet on here after a blowout win.

Started by -Blu, January 25, 2014, 07:34:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 10:45:02 pm
So if I'm following that logic correctly, then when we lose a game we're supposed to lose no one should be saying much on here?

What is the criteria for determining which games we are supposed to lose then?  Just asking so we can all know which games we aren't supposed to post after.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 25, 2014, 11:20:03 pm
What is the criteria for determining which games we are supposed to lose then?  Just asking so we can all know which games we aren't supposed to post after.
People will go crazy on here after every loss. It wouldn't matter if it was on the road at Syracuse.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 11:38:46 pm
People will go crazy on here after every loss. It wouldn't matter if it was on the road at Syracuse.

No criteria then?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 26, 2014, 12:16:32 am
No criteria then?
@ UK is one we're supposed to lose. Will we get the same ghost town atmosphere if/when we lose that game? I think you probably know the answer to that.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 26, 2014, 12:53:41 am
@ UK is one we're supposed to lose. Will we get the same ghost town atmosphere if/when we lose that game? I think you probably know the answer to that.

You'll get more because it's UK, and UK games are important.  A lot of what is or isn't posted depends on how the Hogs play, and what happens in the game.

I seem to recall lots of people on this board after the UK game in BWA, and that was a win now wasn't it?

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 25, 2014, 10:45:02 pm
So if I'm following that logic correctly, then when we lose a game we're supposed to lose no one should be saying much on here?
You've followed the logic correctly but logic is a foreign concept around here.

People will still be going apoplectic after a loss.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ReddieHawg on January 26, 2014, 04:01:51 am

Or maybe they won't care.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Because auburn is the worst team in a weak basketball conference. Why should i get excited about beating a team that 99% of division 1 teams would've beaten?

Breems

I was really bored during the Auburn game.

Once you take on the "ho hum until we get a road win" attitude, it doesn't go away. I'm happy we did what was expected and necessary, but I can't get very excited anymore when we keep losing road games which make the home wins irrelevant.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

oldbooniehog

I am not a Mike Anderson hater.

I hope he builds something great.

But here's the truth for a whole lot of us.

Beating up on weak, awful and bad teams at home is not much fun, because we know that as soon as the Hogs go on the road, they will become the weak, awful and bad team once again.

I'm not excited about Hog basketball right now, haven't been for years. Winning three or four road games (all in the same season, not spread out over three or four seasons) would do quite a bit to get me excited again.

Until that happens? I quietly sit and wait for the wheels to fall off, and plan on yet another NCAA "Selection Sunday" to be totally meaningless.  Just not a lot of reasons to talk about Hog basketball right now.

hogfan10

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm
The Mike Anderson haters have nothing to say!

First I'm not a hater, Second we beat Auburn (who is awful) at home. If we had beat them on the road by 15+, maybe there would be a little more excitement on here.

hogfan10

Quote from: ReddieHawg on January 26, 2014, 04:01:51 am

Besides Fla what game have lost, that we were supposed to lose?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 26, 2014, 11:00:38 am
I am not a Mike Anderson hater.

I hope he builds something great.

But here's the truth for a whole lot of us.

Beating up on weak, awful and bad teams at home is not much fun, because we know that as soon as the Hogs go on the road, they will become the weak, awful and bad team once again.

I'm not excited about Hog basketball right now, haven't been for years. Winning three or four road games (all in the same season, not spread out over three or four seasons) would do quite a bit to get me excited again.

Until that happens? I quietly sit and wait for the wheels to fall off, and plan on yet another NCAA "Selection Sunday" to be totally meaningless.  Just not a lot of reasons to talk about Hog basketball right now.

I feel the same.

For some stupid reason though, certain people feel the petty need to try and create juvenile warring factions based on whoever the coach is. 

Mike Haters, Pel Lovers, Sunshine Pumpers, those that supposedly 'only post after a loss,' etc...all of it is pretty stupid.

Many of us just want to vent our ongoing frustrations with Razorback Basketball without having one of the previously mentioned labels attached.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 26, 2014, 11:08:41 am
Besides Fla what game have lost, that we were supposed to lose?

Tennessee.  We're on the road against a veteran team, with a better RPI than us, and predicted to finish much higher in conference than us.

hobhog

Boston RedHogs

Good win by the Hogs.  Hopefully we build off last nights game.

hogfan10

Quote from: -Blu on January 26, 2014, 11:19:49 am
Tennessee.  We're on the road against a veteran team, with a better RPI than us, and predicted to finish much higher in conference than us.

Well if they were PREDICTED to be better, why did we bother playing. Maybe before the game we were supposed to lose, but halfway through the second half that had changed to a game we should win. We didn't, that's the problem.

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 26, 2014, 11:19:03 am
I feel the same.

For some stupid reason though, certain people feel the petty need to try and create juvenile warring factions based on whoever the coach is. 

Mike Haters, Pel Lovers, Sunshine Pumpers, those that supposedly 'only post after a loss,' etc...all of it is pretty stupid.

Many of us just want to vent our ongoing frustrations with Razorback Basketball without having one of the previously mentioned labels attached.

HA I'm going to start calling you the constant contradiction, because all you do is contradict yourself. And it's funny because I guess in your world you actually think someone believes your bull.  I don't think it's but a small handful of people that don't think your not completely agenda driven.  After a loss, your in every single thread, after a win your hardly seen, and we didn't see you at all during the non-conference schedule.  You've stated on several occasions your low expectations of this team.  If that's the case why do you need to "vent frustrations" when you didn't have high expectations for the team in the first place.  So your basically getting mad, because your predictions are coming true?  That's a little odd.

But, what makes it worse is you try to make those of us that support the team, and feel excited about the future feel bad for feeling that way, I posted after the Florida loss, we would finish 10-8 in conference, and your reply was "Keep Dreaming".  So, yea I am going to "Keep Dreaming" and being a supportive fan and WISHING the best for the team, not just show up after a loss to "Vent Frustrations"  you wanna call us juvenile, that sounds childish to me, your a grown man, you should be able to handle yourself better after a loss.

thirtythree

lol.

HA has been very consistent in his posts since I have been a member here. people don't like it because he tells it like he sees it. That's what I like.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on January 26, 2014, 11:37:00 am
HA I'm going to start calling you the constant contradiction, because all you do is contradict yourself. And it's funny because I guess in your world you actually think someone believes your bull.  I don't think it's but a small handful of people that don't think your not completely agenda driven.  After a loss, your in every single thread, after a win your hardly seen, and we didn't see you at all during the non-conference schedule.  You've stated on several occasions your low expectations of these team.  If that's the case why do you need to "vent frustrations" when you didn't have high expectations for the team in the first place.  So your basically getting mad, because your predictions are coming true?  That's a little old.

But, what makes it worse is you try to make those of us that support the team, and feel excited about the future feel bad for feeling that way, I posted after the Florida loss, we would finish 10-8 in conference, and your reply was "Keep Dreaming".  So, yea I am going to "Keep Dreaming" and being a supportive fan and WISHING the best for the team, not just show up after a loss to "Vent Frustrations"  you wanna call us juvenile, that sounds childish to me, your a grown man, you should be able to handle yourself better after a loss.

I no longer read your silliness, including whatever random mess you put together above. I find your posts to be neither interesting nor worth debating. You keep telling me that you've got me on ignore, yet you just can't stop responding.

You post just as much about the Hogs as you do junior high drama. Good day.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 26, 2014, 11:27:49 am
Well if they were PREDICTED to be better, why did we bother playing. Maybe before the game we were supposed to lose, but halfway through the second half that had changed to a game we should win. We didn't, that's the problem.

What kind of question is that?  I could ask the same question and it would make no sense when I ask it as well, if we're predicted to beat Auburn, why did they bother showing up to play us? 

I think you completely misunderstood what we were trying to say.  People want to downplay our wins, and say "Oh, well we were suppose to win."  But, when we lose even to a team on paper that's better than us it's "Oh, we should have won that game, our coaching staff sucks, etc. etc." 

The whole point is, we got a lot of fans around here that don't have anything to say after a win, but after a loss, all of a sudden they are able to point out every coaching mistake Mike Anderson has made in his entire life.  Get behind the team and support them, anybody can see this team is real close.  Most experts believe we're a tournament team.  If we do make the tournament, wouldn't you feel better knowing you stuck through it through the good and the bad, rather than just complaining after every loss. 

LRHog234

As a kid I never had my parents or teachers praise me for showing up to school because it was expected of me. But the one time I would skip hell was raised

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 26, 2014, 11:41:09 am
I no longer read your silliness, including whatever random mess you put together above. I find your posts to be neither interesting nor worth debating. You keep telling me that you've got me on ignore, yet you just can't stop responding.

You post just as much about the Hogs as you do junior high drama. Good day.

LOL, I love it how when someone makes a point you can't defend you try to challenge their credibility, then just run.  You do it all the time.

I been trying to get you to ignore me for so long now.  Because even though I have you on ignore, this feature still shows your name, and I see you in every single one of my threads, no matter how many times I've asked you to stay out, because I honestly don't care what you have to say.  Hopefully, now you take my offer that I sent you, you don't say anything to me, I won't say anything to you.  I start a thread, you stay out, you start a thread I stay out.  If you agree to that, you don't have to worry about me embarrassing you anymore.

thirtythree

Quote from: -Blu on January 26, 2014, 11:48:30 am
What kind of question is that?  I could ask the same question and it would make no sense when I ask it as well, if we're predicted to beat Auburn, why did they bother showing up to play us? 

I think you completely misunderstood what we were trying to say.  People want to downplay our wins, and say "Oh, well we were suppose to win." But, when we lose even to a team on paper that's better than us it's "Oh, we should have won that game, our coaching staff sucks, etc. etc." 

The whole point is, we got a lot of fans around here that don't have anything to say after a win, but after a loss, all of a sudden they are able to point out every coaching mistake Mike Anderson has made in his entire life.  Get behind the team and support them, anybody can see this team is real close.  Most experts believe we're a tournament team.  If we do make the tournament, wouldn't you feel better knowing you stuck through it through the good and the bad, rather than just complaining after every loss.

NO!

What people say is we were winning and managed to give it away at the end. We were up on UGA and gave it away. We were up on UF and gave it away. We were up on UT and gave it away. That is what people are talking about. It was the mental errors and lack of preparation that people talk about.

So, when you beat a team like Auburn people are not going to get all excited and just come here to cheer to the roof tops. You beat a UK and YES people will be very excited.

Everyone is behind the team. No one is calling for them to lose. Winning at home is not a problem for this team. It is the ROAD, and if we don't win on the road then we will not be playing post season again. I am not going to get myself all worked up anymore until I have something to get all worked up about. I do not believe we will make the post season this year. I will continue to believe that until we start winning on the road. That doesn't mean I don't want them to win. That doesn't mean I don't support the team. That doesn't mean I am a MA hater. It means I am looking realistically at a situation that has given me no reason to change my opinion. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will be this year unless they start playing out of their mind on the road.

That's just the way it is.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: thirtythree on January 26, 2014, 12:00:48 pm
NO!

What people say is we were winning and managed to give it away at the end. We were up on UGA and gave it away. We were up on UF and gave it away. We were up on UT and gave it away. That is what people are talking about. It was the mental errors and lack of preparation that people talk about.

So, when you beat a team like Auburn people are not going to get all excited and just come here to cheer to the roof tops. You beat a UK and YES people will be very excited.

Everyone is behind the team. No one is calling for them to lose. Winning at home is not a problem for this team. It is the ROAD, and if we don't win on the road then we will not be playing post season again. I am not going to get myself all worked up anymore until I have something to get all worked up about. I do not believe we will make the post season this year. I will continue to believe that until we start winning on the road. That doesn't mean I don't want them to win. That doesn't mean I don't support the team. That doesn't mean I am a MA hater. It means I am looking realistically at a situation that has given me no reason to change my opinion. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will be this year unless they start playing out of their mind on the road.

Exactly. +1

porkinsons disease

NO!

Nailed it!
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

-Blu

NO!

My whole point is, if you got the time to come on here and post every single mistake the team made in an OT loss, then if your a real fan you should have the time to come post something positive after a win, I don't care if it's against the AAU All-Stars.  If you don't have expectations for the team or don't believe in them, then don't post at all.  I keep saying I don't understand people that spend time on something they have no hope for.

And your point about you not seeing this is a post-season team unless they prove you wrong and win on the road, that's a given.  To get to post season play you have to have a couple road wins.  To use your parents analogy, that's like me telling my kid I don't have any hope of them graduating unless they get good grades.  The thing I'm saying if your a "fan" support the team root for them win, don't just come on here after losses with that "I told you, so" mentality.

hogman99

NO!

Perfectly said!

sizzlecake

My wife is an Auburn ALUM and has been quite this weekend, and we don't play @AU this year either  :)

hogfan10

Quote from: -Blu on January 26, 2014, 12:15:22 pm
My whole point is, if you got the time to come on here and post every single mistake the team made in an OT loss, then if your a real fan you should have the time to come post something positive after a win, I don't care if it's against the AAU All-Stars.  If you don't have expectations for the team or don't believe in them, then don't post at all.  I keep saying I don't understand people that spend time on something they have no hope for.

And your point about you not seeing this is a post-season team unless they prove you wrong and win on the road, that's a given.  To get to post season play you have to have a couple road wins.  To use your parents analogy, that's like me telling my kid I don't have any hope of them graduating unless they get good grades.  The thing I'm saying if your a "fan" support the team root for them win, don't just come on here after losses with that "I told you, so" mentality.

If your kids bring a report card home with A's, B's, & D's. Which grades do you focus your attention on more. Do you go get he/she a tutor for the classes he/she made the A's/B's in, or do you get that tutor for the class he/she made the D's in. My guess is you spend a little time praising the A's, emphasize raising those B's to A's, and then really focus on why he/she made those damn D's. By the way you can graduate with all those grades, doesn't make them all good.

hogfan10

Quote from: -Blu on January 26, 2014, 11:48:30 am

I think you completely misunderstood what we were trying to say.  People want to downplay our wins, and say "Oh, well we were suppose to win."  But, when we lose even to a team on paper that's better than us it's "Oh, we should have won that game, our coaching staff sucks, etc. etc." 

No I understood what was said. It was said that we shouldn't be upset that we lost at Tenn because they were PREDICTED, by somebody, to finish higher than us in SEC play. I said even though they might have been predicted to win, we should have won, and didn't. Therefore people were upset.

HognotinMemphis

Not many care about beating a crappy Auburn team at home. We beat most teams at home. Problem is, it means nothing since we will turn around and lose to the worst SEC teams, and all the others, on the road. Will not make the NCAAT and will lose in NIT as soon as we play a road game. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

elksnort

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 26, 2014, 11:19:03 am
I feel the same.

Not that I am a philosopher or psychologist, etc. but I typed in a thread about people who only seem to think in polarity and just by emotion.
"Your a hater". blah blah blah.

As passionate as some are on this board regarding the Razorbacks (we all are I suppose), the intelligence level is not terribly high with many of our posters, especially some of the famous posters.

(notOM)Rebel123

NO!

Excellent post. +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawg Red

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 25, 2014, 08:00:29 pm
I've got friends that get upset and say they are done and won't watch another game until we are top 25 and etc.. After every loss and then they watch the next game. Those fans for the most part wanna win badly just get really frustrated with losses.

I have a lot of friends like that. Those are fans, though. They're just not filtering their frustration. Sadly, I've become pretty good at filtering mine. Sometimes it gets the best of me, though. We're not bad enough to give up on.

PonderinHog

raz1965

I hardly post, but I read often, well I must say most of the negative posters on here are just not that smart, Mike is doing a good job of rebuilding this program, it takes time in years to build a program that was in the condition of our program, Mike is doing it the right way, taking the players he has, and teaching them to give there all, which is all you can ask, give him time to get the players to fit and he will, has a few now. I see improvement all the time, just not always in wins on the road, but they are playing better on the road and I think it will show up soon. Mike has lost very few at home and that's much better than under the other two coaches, I am SURE that Mike will have the Razorbacks back to being a national team to fear in the next couple of years.

Hang in there be positive and enjoy what is about to come.

rude1

Winning at home hasn't been the problem.........

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: rude1 on January 26, 2014, 02:07:01 pm
Winning at home hasn't been the problem.........
So if I have now figured it out:

Winning at home: Expected to happen and not worth getting excited about..

Losing on the road:  Expected to happen and worth going absolute ape crap over...

Such a great fan base...

Dirty

You guys are missing the point.  We won( I know against Auburn) and the same people who come here after a loss to nick pick everything that Mike Anderson does or doesn't do.  They are no where to be found after a win.  I don't care if it was Auburn.  Your minds are made up on his coaching staff.

cardsNhogs

NO!

Good post!

-Blu

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 26, 2014, 12:37:21 pm
If your kids bring a report card home with A's, B's, & D's. Which grades do you focus your attention on more. Do you go get he/she a tutor for the classes he/she made the A's/B's in, or do you get that tutor for the class he/she made the D's in. My guess is you spend a little time praising the A's, emphasize raising those B's to A's, and then really focus on why he/she made those damn D's. By the way you can graduate with all those grades, doesn't make them all good.

Again, I think your missing the point.  Let me see if I can explain it better.

We have fans, that just show up after a loss to complain and tell us everything that is wrong with the coaching staff and program, no matter who we play when we lose.  We also have fans that just show up to be negative and complain about stuff.  Just like in this thread you've seen people come in and say nothing positive about the win just "Oh, we're suppose to win."  My argument is that isn't right.

And to go off your grades analogy, If your kid brings home A's, you should let them know your proud of them, and want them to continue with the success, and let them know you support them.  If they have a bad semester or something and bring home lesser grades, you don't ridicule them and tell them they are dumb, your done with them, they don't know how to do math, your ashamed to be their parent etc.  That's the equivalent to the responses that some of our fans give after a road loss.  You can come here and discuss the game and criticize in a mature manner, there's been lots of stuff I've seen that I didn't like from the coaching staff and players, but I don't come on here and say "I'm done with this team" "Coach Anderson can't coach" "Hawg Ball is dead" and all that crap.  It's unnecessary and that's the entire point of the thread.

Quote from: Dirty on January 26, 2014, 03:11:36 pm
You guys are missing the point.  We won( I know against Auburn) and the same people who come here after a loss to nick pick everything that Mike Anderson does or doesn't do.  They are no where to be found after a win.  I don't care if it was Auburn.  Your minds are made up on his coaching staff.

Thank you!  I had actually start typing my response before you posted this, this was explained beautifully short and to the point.

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 26, 2014, 03:05:13 pm

Losing on the road:  Expected to happen and worth going absolute ape crap over...

Such a great fan base...

Pretty much, and it's funny to listen to them try to justify that mindset.

rude1

Such a great fan base...
No in the big picture, the goal is to get to the Big Dance. Doesn't matter how great you are at home, if you can't win on the road, you will never achieve that goal.

arkirish

Quote from: Dirty on January 25, 2014, 07:36:16 pm
The Mike Anderson haters have nothing to say!

lol shut your mouth, Auburn hasn't won a conference game since beating Alabama 49-37 a year ago. They suck, they are the worst team in the SEC and its not even close. Nobody cares that we beat some darn bird team that most of our OOC teams could have handled.

thirtythree

Such a great fan base...

NO!

What we expect is for the team to perform at a high level whether on the road or at home. It just so happens they do it more at home and only partially on the road.

That is what we expect.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: thirtythree on January 26, 2014, 04:10:25 pm
NO!

What we expect is for the team to perform at a high level whether on the road or at home. It just so happens they do it more at home and only partially on the road.

That is what we expect.
Calm down, son. That's not even relevant to what I said.

My point was, the expected win generates no excitement and the expected loss is  armageddon afterwards. I'm not expecting you to understand that, though.

thirtythree

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 26, 2014, 04:18:29 pm
Calm down, son. That's not even relevant to what I said.

My point was, the expected win generates no excitement and the expected loss is  armageddon afterwards. I'm not expecting you to understand that, though.

It is relevant. You put it all on expectations. There is nothing wrong with celebrating wins at home. The problem is people come in here bashing people for not being so excited. Why does that make them bad fans? I'm sorry. I would lay money down that 3/4 of the fan base was not overly excited about the victory yesterday. Just going out on a limb. Here is why: It is not our problem with the team. people get up in arms because winning on the road is so important and people are getting tired of seeing defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

It is great when we win. It makes no difference who it is against. The level of excitement is up to each person. The level of their "support" should not be gauged on their lack of enthusiasm after a win. They should not be judged as "bad fans" due to their criticisms after a loss.

It is human nature to cling to the bad. Just the way it is.

Breems

It's actually a good thing that fans are pretty subtle after wins. It means Mike Anderson and his team have restored the program to a state in which we expect beatdowns at home.

I wish so bad that we could get a few road wins. It would just downright cure everything.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Breems on January 26, 2014, 04:57:17 pm
It's actually a good thing that fans are pretty subtle after wins. It means Mike Anderson and his team have restored the program to a state in which we expect beatdowns at home.

I wish so bad that we could get a few road wins. It would just downright cure everything.
The frustrating thing is that we played well enough to win at UT. The refs stood in the way (and before someone comes rushing in, yes I realize they have helped us at home in the past as well). That's got to be a body blow for our players. You play well enough to win on the road and get punished for it.

Our road losses this year haven't been similar to the ones last year. We're good enough to get road wins this season and if we can close out games and the refs can stay out of the way, we can win more than 1 this year.

We need to take care of business vs Mizzou and then we'll have a lot to play for @ LSU. LSU is pretty average and was terribly overrated by HV early in the year.

PonderinHog

I don't know, Breems.  Next thing you know, people will start expecting SECT wins and postseason runs.  Things were so much simpler when we just plain ole sucked.