Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calipari to Mizzou?

Started by fu-man-soo, February 27, 2006, 11:35:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 27, 2006, 01:52:40 pm
I lived about 60 miles from Memphis once.  It has its good/bad parts.

I live about eight miles away, and I believe Memphis has more good parts than bad. 

I lived in northwest Arkansas for 10 years and loved it and believe it is overwhelmingly good.  But trust me, living in "booger county" I also saw a few BAD PARTS of NW Arkansas as well.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on March 06, 2006, 07:27:51 am
Quote from: ConwayHog on February 27, 2006, 01:52:40 pm
I lived about 60 miles from Memphis once.  It has its good/bad parts.

I live about eight miles away, and I believe Memphis has more good parts than bad. 

I lived in northwest Arkansas for 10 years and loved it and believe it is overwhelmingly good.  But trust me, living in "booger county" I also saw a few BAD PARTS of NW Arkansas as well.

Memphis is a nice place to visit...but...you know the rest.

So, has there been anymore talk of Cal jumping to Mizzou?  I haven't heard anything else about this.
Retired Radio Host

DirkPiggler

March 06, 2006, 08:12:30 am #52 Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:34:26 am by DirkPiggler
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 06, 2006, 01:01:11 am
Quote from: Thrilbilly on March 05, 2006, 10:48:53 pm
I personally don't like the way he dissed the Hogs. It is BS saying another team is not good enough to play you. If he actually had any class at all he would not have had any comment on the subject.

Lot of us say things we would like to take back or in the heat of the moment or in a competitive spirit, not meaning ill will. I don't take that comment as being rude. If you do, then that makes you sound insecure.

Have you ever asked him about the time his jackass assistant Tony Barbee shoved JJ Sullinger after Sullinger landed on the Memphis bench while diving for a loose ball?  I'd like to hear his explanation of that, because he sure didn't give a decent one at the time. 
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: DirkPiggler on March 06, 2006, 08:12:30 am
I personally don't like the way he dissed the Hogs. It is BS saying another team is not good enough to play you. If he actually had any class at all he would not have had any comment on the subject.

Lot of us say things we would like to take back or in the heat of the moment or in a competitive spirit, not meaning ill will. I don't take that comment as being rude. If you do, then that makes you sound insecure.

Have you ever asked him about the time his jackass assistant Tony Barbee shoved JJ Sullinger after Sullinger landed on the Memphis bench while diving for a loose ball?  I'd like to hear his explanation of that, because he sure didn't give a decent one at the time. 

We don't discuss things like that but you're welcome to email or call him and ask him yourself.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

12under

Quote from: jkcrunch on February 27, 2006, 02:45:38 pm
Memphis is a dirty ugly city.    Save PP and the Rendevous the place is a waste of time.   But they do have the best gentlemens clubs in the US.
the one and only purple church!

DirkPiggler

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 06, 2006, 10:22:21 am

We don't discuss things like that but you're welcome to email or call him and ask him yourself.

It's not worth the time or the trouble to me, or the .12 cents the long distance call would set me back.  Should I ever run into him, I'll be glad to ask.  I just thought since you two were buddies and you're a Hog fan the subject might have come up in conversation.  If he were a customer of mine I probably wouldn't stir the pot with him either.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: DirkPiggler on March 06, 2006, 10:53:05 am
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 06, 2006, 10:22:21 am

It's not worth the time or the trouble to me, or the .12 cents the long distance call would set me back.  Should I ever run into him, I'll be glad to ask.  I just thought since you two were buddies and you're a Hog fan the subject might have come up in conversation.  If he were a customer of mine I probably wouldn't stir the pot with him either.

Ok, that's over the line.  This guy is NOT a hogfan. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

RAZORBART

[/quote]

I bet if you met him, you wouldn't accuse him of that to his face. Wimp. 

I know him. He and his wife have been in my home.  I know others who know him and think highly of him. He's in a tough business for sure. Every coach in Div 1. has made or overseen minor infractions, if not major ones. Most don't do it intentionally...Calipari is not someone who would intentionally, knowingly cheat or break rules.
[/quote]

Yea, the very thought of meeting up with that 5' runt just scares the hell out of me.

hogshank

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 05, 2006, 09:58:40 pm
Quote from: Fletch on March 05, 2006, 02:17:06 pm
Quote from: Razorgirl on February 27, 2006, 02:15:26 pm
I am not one that usually post often nor do I like controversy but some (not all) of you guys amaze me,  truly amaze me with your ignorance. You call him a puss because he wants to play big name programs. I don't consider Arkansas a big name program at the present time. Not saying we won't be in the future like we have been in the past. This post is not because I am a big Memphis fan by any means but I just don't understand how you can sit and call someone a puss because his team is better than ours. Give credit where credit is due. As far as Memphis being the nastiest, dirtiest place on earth I'm sure know one would loose sleep if you didn't visit anymore. But, that filth sure has made for a good basketball team somehow.
He certainly has built a very good program at Memphis. The question is though, did he do it honestly? I am not saying he cheated to build this team but his track record in that area is not that great. I don't like him because I have a hard time believing he has accomplished what he has at Memphis without bending the rules. I have no proof, just my belief and his reputation.

I bet if you met him, you wouldn't accuse him of that to his face. Wimp. 

I know him. He and his wife have been in my home.  I know others who know him and think highly of him. He's in a tough business for sure. Every coach in Div 1. has made or overseen minor infractions, if not major ones. Most don't do it intentionally...Calipari is not someone who would intentionally, knowingly cheat or break rules.

Provided you really are as smug and full of hubris as you portray yourself to be on the message boards, I image you and Calipari get along very well.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 27, 2006, 01:03:55 pm
You boys, with your newly found false confidence in this Hog team's competitiveness, better not wish for the Hogs to meet the Tigers in the NCAAT. Memphis would devastate this year's Hogs. It would be a blowout of epic proportions. Memphis is head and shoulders better than any SEC team this year.
Please  :puke:   set down the crack bong and step away.

dhornjr1

I'm wondering what qualifies Memphis as "one of the dirtiest" cities. I've been living here for the last 4 1/2 years. It's no dirtier than Little Rock or Tulsa or any other large city. I hope that there was not some tacit meaning in that statement.

4thdownnutt

snag

I think it is obvious why Calipari made the statement about not playing the Hogs. It's because he is smart. The Tigers really have nothing to gain from playing the Hogs, but everything to lose. He recognized that the Hogs had a history of coming in and stealing great players from the city of Memphis, and he wisely chose to minimize our exposure to Memphians. I didn't like it, but I've got to admit I would have probably done the same thing.