Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC REFS

Started by Beaverfever, February 25, 2006, 02:16:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaverfever

Absolutely ridiculous.  I thought we got royally screwed numerous times.  Did they call any fouls on tenn when we had the ball down low?

D-macs cuz

whatever, arkansas got so many terrible calls that game, i don't even want to hear it.

CiriusPorker

the officiating was HEAVY in their favor
especialy that foul where the the 2 should have counted..and it wasn't
...what a joke!

Tomhog™

Reffing is ALWAYS the reason a team loses a close one.  Just keep watching teams, evey close loss, someone will blame the refs.  I know we have quite a few times...

transplant

Dirk Piggler

We had a shot called off that was clearly good, and a ticky tac tech. I dont want to hear it.

HoopS

we would have won by 10 or more if not for the officials... im with ya Tennessee... we should all be outraged!

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

D-macs cuz

Good ol' rocky top! I LOVE beating rocky top!

BigoBoys

Broken Trigger

They ought to trash it.  Because WE got the horrible calls.  They ought to go thank the officials for helping them almost win the game.  Really, that is such a joke that they would be griping about the calls. 

Nutts and Bolts

And that game was a sellout for Tennessee... Glad we could help them realize that they are STILL just a football school.  Oh yea, their football teams sucks too  GHG
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Tejano Jawg

Crooked Tennesse pays good money to the officials...so they SHOULD BE pissed.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Lokirain

The refs practically gave the Vols the game.
We played the Vols and the Refs today, and we still won.

lumphog

Let them B!tches cry. We TOOK that game......AAHHHHH this is a SWEEEET WIN that laid out the RED CARPET to the NCAA TOURNAMENT............ WE`RE IN BABY :razorback: ;) :razorback:

freedomcounty

Don't forget about the no call on that obvious goaltending early on. We beat Tennessee, Bruce Pearl's sweat, AND the ref's today.

Dwight_K_Shrute

They attempted 9 more FT's and were called for 2 fewer fouls.  Get over it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

brichte

FT Made-Attempted 9-12 (.750) 15-21 (.714)

This is the only stat that counts when talking about officiating. How can a team that dominates the post be behind in free throws attempted and get all the calls.

Please

CiriusPorker

can anyone tell me why those tards over in tennessee sing the song rocky top?

i mean..it's not the rockies...so someone please explain..

Broken Trigger

Quote from: CiriusPorker on February 25, 2006, 02:45:26 pm
can anyone tell me why those tards over in tennessee sing the song rocky top?

i mean..it's not the rockies...so someone please explain..

LOL.   It should be like "smoky mountain rain" by Ronnie Millsap or something. 

YodaHog

"Are you number 5?".........That is what the ref said to Brewer on the sidelines after Townes' technical foul.

Did anyone else notice that? 

sowmonella

The SEC Refs tried their best to keep the leagues top ranked team in the top 10. It was a very poorly officiated game. We beat the Vols, Refs and the SEC front office. That's a fact!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

lumphog

Quote from: sowmonella on February 25, 2006, 11:09:30 pm
The SEC Refs tried their best to keep the leagues top ranked team in the top 10. It was a very poorly officiated game. We beat the Vols, Refs and the SEC front office. That's a fact!
We TOOK that!!!!!!!!

Hawgdawgrain

Yup...players need to shut up and play...while he did to one of our own...I'm glad he did it...

Topcat

I have very little sympathy for Tenn, but they are right about the pathetic officiating in the SEC. I watched the game between Auburn and Ole Miss tonight and it was terrible in that game too and I could care less who won that game. But I would think AR would have the only legitimate complaint today, certainly not Tenn. The Thomas basket that got waived off because of a rebound positioning foul by Townes was as bad as it gets. It's a shame our officials can't be the same caliber as SEC athletes. 

Porkahontas

F 'em.

They could miss every damn call in basketball and football for the next five years and none would be as obvious as the one the home refs gave them against Florida two years ago in football in that game at Tennessee. The refs basically did everything humanly possible to make sure Tennessee had enough time and a chance to kick a long FG to beat Florida when Florida had them dead in the water. That was the most phantom pass interference call I've seen since Arkansas/SMU back in the very early '80's.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on February 25, 2006, 11:14:46 pm
Yup...players need to shut up and play...while he did to one of our own...I'm glad he did it...

I like to see that in our players now.  I want confidence and cockiness.  I remember Scotty pounding his chest in front of UK players in Rupp.  I want our guys to get back to that mentality. 

HogFansReunited

I am watching the replay of the game right now.  So far I have to agree.  The officiating is horrible.  Lots of bad calls against us.  This is one of the worst games I have seen so far.  Even the JP announcers have said a few of the calls were bad and JP has no love for Arkansas.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 25, 2006, 11:29:21 pm
Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on February 25, 2006, 11:14:46 pm

I like to see that in our players now.  I want confidence and cockiness.  I remember Scotty pounding his chest in front of UK players in Rupp.  I want our guys to get back to that mentality. 

The thread is about Brewer and the ref...not what Townes did.

I've seen it from the bench guys, these refs don't forget during the course of a game the player who copped an attutude with them...it can come back and bite you in the butt.

Just smile and walk away...

Hums

Why Q to them would be "did the officals cause UT to blow a 14 pt lead" I think not!!!!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Porkahontas on February 25, 2006, 11:19:49 pm
F 'em.

They could miss every damn call in basketball and football for the next five years and none would be as obvious as the one the home refs gave them against Florida two years ago in football in that game at Tennessee. The refs basically did everything humanly possible to make sure Tennessee had enough time and a chance to kick a long FG to beat Florida when Florida had them dead in the water. That was the most phantom pass interference call I've seen since Arkansas/SMU back in the very early '80's.

I think that was 1980.  Maybe 81.  I just remember it broke a 10-11 yr. old's heart.
Retired Radio Host

HogFansReunited

I don't think that should have been a T is the first place.  Looked like he just yelled something about I like that and it was not directed at anyone.  Oh well.  Bad officiating the entire game.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

blueshog2001

I'm surprised Brewer didn't get tossed for flicking the ball at the ref to hard. ;)

rayserbach

Poor decision by Ref... he should have simply said "the foul was was on No. 5"......The "shout" by Townes was peceived to be taunting the Tenn.player...although it was a bit of a weak call considering all that is said in the course of a game......

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I loved it.  Showed a sense of humor to me.  Calling the foul in the first place:  :puke:

geoffhog

February 26, 2006, 12:11:23 am #35 Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:16:51 am by geoffhog
Quote from: FireNutt on February 25, 2006, 11:33:49 pm
I don't think that should have been a T is the first place.  Looked like he just yelled something about I like that and it was not directed at anyone.  Oh well.  Bad officiating the entire game.
Actually Townes called the Tenn player by name. Something to the effect of "How you like that Bradshaw". I think that's why the technical was called. And the ref said what he did to Brewer because Brewer thought the T was on him and was arguing. Thats when the ref asked him if he was number 5...I agree he was being a smartass, but that was why.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

silvertip

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 25, 2006, 11:18:46 pm
Quote from: YodaHog on February 25, 2006, 11:04:37 pm
"Are you number 5?".........That is what the ref said to Brewer on the sidelines after Townes' technical foul.

Did anyone else notice that? 

Yeah I noticed that.  What a smart aleck.  In the words of Fred G. Sanford:

"Nope, I'm not number 5 but I've got 5 of these (shows fist) waiting for you!"

LMAO, Conway guy!! "It's the BIG ONE, 'lizabeth."

Geez, in this day of Political Correctness, I don't know if we could ever see "Sanford & Son" or "All in the Family" with Archie Bunker. Nowadays, if we don't talk about it, it's not there. right? Geez, we all have to pretend to ignore Dick Cheney sitting over there in the corner with his shotgun....uhhh...what was the question???

silvertip

Quote from: geoffhog on February 26, 2006, 12:11:23 am
Actually Townes called the Tenn player by name. Something to the effect of "How you like that Bradshaw". I think that's why the technical was called. And the ref said what he did to Brewer because Brewer thought the T was on him and was arguing. Thats when the ref asked him if he was number 5...I agree he was being a smartass, but that was why.

You got it right, Geoffhog. I heard it loud & clear on the TV.
"How you like that, Bradsaw!"  I mean, it was LOUD!! Might have desrved a T, as woofin' is frowned on.

That was THE turning point in the 1st half. Good that it didn't matter too much. A Sophmore mistake. Right.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: silvertip on February 26, 2006, 12:33:22 am

"How you like that, Bradsaw!"  I mean, it was LOUD!! Might have desrved a T, as woofin' is frowned on.

That was THE turning point in the 1st half. Good that it didn't matter too much. A Sophmore mistake. Right.

Hey atleast for once he was into game instead of complaining about sitting on the bench.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

geoffhog

Quote from: silvertip on February 26, 2006, 12:33:22 am

Yeah...there was enough bad officiating to go around...but they probably got that one right. I'll forgive him though after the way he played in the 2nd half.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Ugly Uncle

The thing that bothered me the most about it was, when the ref asked Ronnie, "Are you number 5?"  Ronnie actually looked down to check his number.  I thought the ref was gonna say, "Ha ha, made you look!"
Retired Radio Host

CiriusPorker

...rob a jewery store and have them make you a grill!

ronshogs

Is there any place we can call or email about the ref waving off the basket by Thomas????  I mean is it me? It seems like we are getting 3 or 4 bad calls a game!!!!  We as Razorback fans need to take a stand and raise some hell!!!!  You think that Tenn. or Kentucky would take these lame duck calls?  Let's raise some hell to the SEC office!!!!