Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SC Game Thread? Does anyone care

Started by HeathHateMe, February 04, 2006, 02:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnet

Quote from: HeathHateMe on February 04, 2006, 02:36:28 pm
God bless Jonathan "Pookie" Modica.  After he graduates Stan should send him half his paycheck.  That's a Nolan recruit saving your job you Jack A$$.

First off, he was going to Arkansas no matter who the coach was.  Modica had nothing to do with Nolan or Heath.  Why are you calling Stan Heath names?  Not only does that seem pathetic, its unmerited.  You can be of the opinion that he is a bad coach, but he has never done anything to start immature name calling.

HeathHateMe

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Tater Salad

Quote from: dotnet on February 04, 2006, 04:05:32 pm
God bless Jonathan "Pookie" Modica.  After he graduates Stan should send him half his paycheck.  That's a Nolan recruit saving your job you Jack A$$.

First off, he was going to Arkansas no matter who the coach was.  Modica had nothing to do with Nolan or Heath.  Why are you calling Stan Heath names?  Not only does that seem pathetic, its unmerited.  You can be of the opinion that he is a bad coach, but he has never done anything to start immature name calling.

Buzzkiller

HeathHateMe

Yeah you are right.  No one on message boards ever calls the coaches names, I'm sure no one at the game said anything derogatory about Heath either.  I was way out of line.  It was immature name calling.  If you have any examples of mature name calling please let me know.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

1967 Grad

You guys are so spoiled...............I went to all the home games from 63-67....Coach Rose and Coach Waller presiding....we really sucked then...worst team in worst conference in USA

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: HeathHateMe on February 04, 2006, 04:08:45 pm

Yeah you are right.  No one on message boards ever calls the coaches names, I'm sure no one at the game said anything derogatory about Heath either.  I was way out of line.  It was immature name calling.  If you have any examples of mature name calling please let me know.

cool it people...we won, let's enjoy!!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

HeathHateMe

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:10:11 pm
You guys are so spoiled...............I went to all the home games from 63-67....Coach Rose and Coach Waller presiding....we really sucked then...worst team in worst conference in USA

Did you have to walk to class in 14 inches of snow, share your text books and study by candlelight all while holding down a job as well.  Sorry pops I couldn't resist.

dotnet

Quote from: HeathHateMe on February 04, 2006, 04:08:45 pm

Are you serious?  Did you just use the "Everyone does it, so why is it wrong if I do it" defense?  You're embarassing.

1967 Grad

B/T/W.....Coach Heath has more class than any coach that we have had in 40 years, for what that is worth.

1967 Grad

Love the "Pops" reference, that is what my grandkids call me.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:14:05 pm
B/T/W.....Coach Heath has more class than any coach that we have had in 40 years, for what that is worth.

I won't argue with you there but not sure how important that is these days.  Not saying it's right or wrong just a fact.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:16:06 pm
Love the "Pops" reference, that is what my grandkids call me.

Major Karma for enjoying some good natured ribbing.

1967 Grad

I did get payback though....1978 Final 4 in the Checkerdome....every SWC tourney held, including the one in Moody Coliseum, most of the SEC tournies, until last 5 years....I still bleed Razorback red!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:14:05 pm

"Class" is overrated.

I am glad for the players that we won today, and I am happy for Modica.

But, since YOU brought it up, we still have serious problems.

Class???
Who cares?

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

1967 Grad

Which brings me to our present state of affairs....John McDonnell, the most productive coach in any sport over the last 30 years....HDN can't coach, but neither could Uncle Frank....Uncle Frank has become a great AD, so we can still have hope for the huggers (he just hasn't found his niche yet)... I quit attending FB games in the 80's when I couldn't get my kids to go with me anymore, but I am so excited about FB for next season, i could pee my pants.  For the 1st time in years, I have no idea what our next offensive play will be. We now have gamebreakers at a multitude of positions and Reggie's Defense is beginning to remind me of Charlie Coffee's defense (remember "The Shootout?) Forget the *****'s system of rating the talent, just decide who you are going to double cover next year....cause somebody is going to get burned trying to go single coverage on Monk or DWill....The Razorbacks are back, so roll with it!!!

Go Hogs Go!!!

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:39:36 pm
Which brings me to our present state of affairs....John McDonnell, the most productive coach in any sport over the last 30 years....HDN can't coach, but neither could Uncle Frank....Uncle Frank has become a great AD, so we can still have hope for the huggers (he just hasn't found his niche yet)... I quit attending FB games in the 80's when I couldn't get my kids to go with me anymore, but I am so excited about FB for next season, i could pee my pants.  For the 1st time in years, I have no idea what our next offensive play will be. We now have gamebreakers at a multitude of positions and Reggie's Defense is beginning to remind me of Charlie Coffee's defense (remember "The Shootout?) Forget the *****'s system of rating the talent, just decide who you are going to double cover next year....cause somebody is going to get burned trying to go single coverage on Monk or DWill....The Razorbacks are back, so roll with it!!!

Go Hogs Go!!!
Wrong thread, brotha.  But you make some good points.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

1967 Grad

I am afraid your Nutt hating has got in the way of your Razorback spirit, NotShavin....I am not Nutt fan either, but I wasn't an Uncle Frank fan either til he got to AD.....I was at breakfast the morning after "Boothead" the front of a one and one vs the Cougars in 1978....that loss was our ticket to The Final Four......Houston lost in the first or second round to ND, who we beat in the consolotion game is St. Louis.....Uncle Frank was down in the resturant @ 8:00 asking Eddie who he needed to call to make sure we got our at-large berth....He made the call, we made the tourney and broke into big time hoops with the win in Albuquerque over UCLA....Eddie was a long shot at the time, kinda like Stan and Gus are now. Keep the faith, Brother.

Go Hogs Go!!!

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 04, 2006, 04:52:15 pm
I am afraid your Nutt hating has got in the way of your Razorback spirit, NotShavin....I am not Nutt fan either, but I wasn't an Uncle Frank fan either til he got to AD.....I was at breakfast the morning after "Boothead" the front of a one and one vs the Cougars in 1978....that loss was our ticket to The Final Four......Houston lost in the first or second round to ND, who we beat in the consolotion game is St. Louis.....Uncle Frank was down in the resturant @ 8:00 asking Eddie who he needed to call to make sure we got our at-large berth....He made the call, we made the tourney and broke into big time hoops with the win in Albuquerque over UCLA....Eddie was a long shot at the time, kinda like Stan and Gus are now. Keep the faith, Brother.

Go Hogs Go!!!

No no NO.  Wrong.  The Nutt has only made my Razborback Spirit and that of all other objective fans, a.k.a. the darksiders, stronger than ever.  We love the Hogs so much, we will not put up with an incompetent and mediocre coach. 

The U of A is finally getting talent in FB and Basketball(b-ball has been getting talent for a while now).  We need to match that talent with talented coaches.  But it means more than just ADDING good coaches, it means having the SACK to FIRE bad coaches.

Stan Heath is quickly heading in the same direction, although I do think he has coaching ability and would make a great assistant. 

The Nutt needs to become a TV Evangelist.