Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mister Alexander

Started by SPAL, January 26, 2006, 11:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

I thought I heard that there may be a couple of players that re-commit elsewhere, don't know who.  Also that there are a couple that haven't completely qualified academically.

pigfeet

Quote from: Hog1961 on January 30, 2006, 10:38:51 am
Will have a press confernce at noon.  I'm thinking the Hog are in good shape.

TV, radio, web link?

dirthog

from previous threads it seems that DW(ashdown) might not be eligible, double signing and all.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

pheine78

Quote from: Rudy on January 29, 2006, 01:43:25 pm
Quote from: fsmhogfan on January 29, 2006, 07:47:25 am
Otis is reporting Alexander to FSU in the ADG. We are expecting to sign Matt Hewitt instead.

Interesting note that neither recruiting site - Scout OR Rivals is reporting anything about Florida State offering OR Mister Alexander accepting a scholarship.  It isn't that it is a weekend and they are behind in their reporting because there is an update (today) on Tylker Graves committing to FSU after making his visit this weekend.  I wonder what Otis Kirk is covering up here?
I think he is to busy getting covered by Nutt!!!!!
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 10:50:56 am
If the HOGS did not BLOW IT by using that scolarship for Hewitt -- dumb move based upon bad information!

Hewitt and West should only be here for the next two seasons.  I'm thinking Mister will probably reshirt next year, (if he comes), and will only be effected by their presence for one season.

Speaking of the safety depth chart, does anyone know the status of Kevin Thornton?  I assume he red shirted but I don't know if he figures into their plans next year, (or not).
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Boared

Another schollie might open up should one of the QB's decide to transfer since Mitch has joined the fold.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:13:25 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:10:39 pm
Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:07:44 pm
DAMN IT...I just lost my connection with the high school!!!

You have a feed to the conference?

LOL...I just called the frickin high school and visited with this student working in the office.  I told her I was with the AP and stuck in an airport in Dallas, but HAD to get the story.  She was walking to the gym - or wherever, to find the press conference and my phone dropped the damn call!

I know you didn't!  :D  That's too funny!  Maybe you can try again...

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

pigfeet

LOL...I just called the frickin high school and visited with this student working in the office.  I told her I was with the AP and stuck in an airport in Dallas, but HAD to get the story.  She was walking to the gym - or wherever, to find the press conference and my phone dropped the damn call!

I would have flown into Houston.

pigfeet

Or rented a car in  Dallas and drove to Houston.  No really, very clever to hustle some little high school chick. Never would have thought of that one.

pigfeet

pigfeet

You are saying he is holding up this conference to see if he might get an offer. Yeah Mister, They really want ya.

Hoggy Potter

Delayed as in minutes, hours, or days?
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:21:16 pm
The press conference has been delayed a bit.  Some suspect that the delay is due to FSU's waffling over whether they want to extend a schollie (which they have not yet done) or move on.  This is some messed up stuff!

A bit as in an hour, a day?

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:23:29 pm
He must want to go to FSU bad to keep holding out...

Why would you want to go to a school that never pursued you or wanted you?

I guess same could be said about a school that would want a kid that really wanted to go to another school.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

pfrg999

That is like waiting for a date from the Prom Queen when you have a Hottie sitting with you ... Damn Fool
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pigfeet

Cresthog

Wow....

Were so second fiddle to everyone else

pigfeet

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:27:56 pm
Okay...here is the situation.  He just announced that he is not ready to make an announcement and will officially do so Wednesday.  Sorry everyone.

Nice hustle

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on January 30, 2006, 12:25:46 pm

I guess same could be said about a school that would want a kid that really wanted to go to another school.

Unfortunately for Arkansas, there isn't enough talent to recruit only those that truly want to be Hogs.  We don't have nearly enough MM's or DMac's to compete...

pfrg999

Man that is a waste of Time and space... In my head of course...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Boared

Great. Waiting on that schollie from FSU, I guess.

Cresthog

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:29:02 pm
Quote from: Hoggy Potter on January 30, 2006, 12:25:46 pm

Unfortunately for Arkansas, there isn't enough talent to recruit only those that truly want to be Hogs.  We don't have nearly enough MM's or DMac's to compete...

Unfortuantely...you are correct!
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

fsmhogfan

yeah, I think I've seen this movie...Hogs look like the slobbering guy with the warts about to get his dream girl when...Prince Charming swoops in and saves the day. I wish they'd show the "two years later" scene with the broken down bride being cheated on by the arrogant prince who "saved" her and is now moving on to someone "better".

Hoggy Potter

Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Patch

January 30, 2006, 12:32:27 pm #81 Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:02:39 pm by Patch
Why announce a press conference if there is still a possibility of FSU offering. Why not just wait until signing day when you're sure.

edit: statement retracted

Cresthog

Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:31:04 pm
Why have a presser if you aren't 100% certain?  Did FSU call up and say 'Hold up a minute, let's see if you're worth a schollie here'...

You're right Tomcat....I dont get it either. How could hte kid me absolutely certain where he wants to go and call a press conference and then say wait....i dont know where i want to go. Did FSU call him as soon as he got ready to announce or something or did he call them saying hey im about to announce for arkansas if you want me offer me now and ill committ to yall.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:31:02 pm
I am just glad I am not standing in front of you guys.  I thnk I would get pelted with fruit and rocks!!!  I totally understand everyone's frustration...just sorry I could not have been more help!

I never shoot the messenger.  May mess him up a little bit, but he still walks away  ;)

Boared

I wish we had the balls to pull the offer.

Tomhog™

Gotta remember, he's only 17-18 yrs old.  I could hardly decide what shoes to wear then, much less where to spend the next 4-5 years based on PT and such.  He has NO allegiance to Arkansas that I know of.  He doesn't bleed Razorback red.  We just happen to be the best school with an offer on the table.  In his mind FSU would be a better fit for him, but they ain't offered yet.  I'm sure that's the holdup and the indecision.  Maybe he was trying to force FSU's hand...

Boared

From everything I've read, I'm sure he could contribute here, no doubt. I would have been very happy with his commitment here. I just hate being strung along and then being jilted for a team that didn't make him an offer until the last minute because they were desperate.

Tomhog™

"It's been an interesting process for Aldine (Texas) Eisenhower safety Mister Alexander, but Monday was the day that the recruiting journey finally came to an end. The highly rated Lone Star product made his college commitment announcement at his high school and told the world where he would be headed."

Why does Rivals report this?

Tomhog™

"It's been rumored since he took an official visit earlier this month, but on Monday Aiken, South Carolina's Dekoda Watson and his family made it official by committing to Florida State. Why is a South Carolina linebacker headed to Tallahassee? "

FlSt just got a LB commit.  THis would likely mean no offer for Mister, right?

Hugehogsfan

I would love for someone to post what was said during the press conference.  "Ummmm I am kinda, ummm waiting for FSU, ummmm, I love Arkansas ummmm, but I, ummmm well I will announce Wednesday.

ENHOG

Who knows?  We won't now until Wednesday.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

Boared

What if he was about to commit to FSU and then changed his mind to come here? What a twist.

pfrg999

Quote from: fsmhogfan on January 30, 2006, 12:31:20 pm
yeah, I think I've seen this movie...Hogs look like the slobbering guy with the warts about to get his dream girl when...Prince Charming swoops in and saves the day. I wish they'd show the "two years later" scene with the broken down bride being cheated on by the arrogant prince who "saved" her and is now moving on to someone "better".

Nice ;D Karma for you +1

pfrg999

Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:40:32 pm
Gotta remember, he's only 17-18 yrs old.  I could hardly decide what shoes to wear then, much less where to spend the next 4-5 years based on PT and such.  He has NO allegiance to Arkansas that I know of.  He doesn't bleed Razorback red.  We just happen to be the best school with an offer on the table.  In his mind FSU would be a better fit for him, but they ain't offered yet.  I'm sure that's the holdup and the indecision.  Maybe he was trying to force FSU's hand...

Tomcat Karma plus on for using my Razorback red statement

pigfeet

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:55:50 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:42:55 pm
"It's been an interesting process for Aldine (Texas) Eisenhower safety Mister Alexander, but Monday was the day that the recruiting journey finally came to an end. The highly rated Lone Star product made his college commitment announcement at his high school and told the world where he would be headed."

That is not what it says, Tomcat.  Or, the story was prepped and ready and they have since changed it and I read the re-write.  It reads just like the press conference progressed. He was ready to make an announcement, but suddenly there was this massive stall and he was a bit befuddled and postponed his announcement...with a room full of press present and waiting.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=507228

I bet FlaSt. pulled the damn offer....That is just wrong.

Patch

Okay, I retract my Mrs. Alexander statement

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on January 30, 2006, 09:20:31 am
I read the same article (ran today) and it said that Dominguez grew up an FSU fan and committed.  ???

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/113861649740360.xml&coll=3&thispage=4

He committed to thin air.  Not offered yet.
[CENSORED]!

Tomhog™

I don't have privvy to the 'rest of the story'.  So I was just wondering what they heard when it was delayed to Wed.  But, in light to the new LB commit, I wonder if he will even get a schollie offer. 

Tomhog™

Quote from: pigfeet on January 30, 2006, 01:00:48 pm
Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 12:55:50 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on January 30, 2006, 12:42:55 pm

That is not what it says, Tomcat.  Or, the story was prepped and ready and they have since changed it and I read the re-write.  It reads just like the press conference progressed. He was ready to make an announcement, but suddenly there was this massive stall and he was a bit befuddled and postponed his announcement...with a room full of press present and waiting.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=507228

I bet FlaSt. pulled the damn offer....That is just wrong.

They never offered him in the first place.  He's holding out to see if they will.  With the new LB commit, I doubt that will happen now...