Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duke Calhoun's Announcement.

Started by Hoggle, January 19, 2006, 02:15:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggle

I've watched the Carlton Salters video, Damian Williams video and many other very highly rated guys that we are or have looked at at WR.  I may be missing something but Duke Calhoun has the most impressive clips, hands down.  On defense he looks like Hamlin, catching guys from behind with enough speed to plow them down.  On offense runs through traffic with a "wiggle" and shiftyness kind of like a Micheal Vick.  When he breaks into the open, he looks big and FAST.  And, he made some incredible catches.  I don't want to over sell, but I don't want to miss out on this guy.  I know our coaches have a spotty record of identifying talent and will probably just go with a 3 (or 4) star guy over Duke just because it's the thing to do, but I wouldn't cry if we got Duke and not..... (I won't say names).  I won't say "mark it down", "take it to the bank", "book it" or any of the other idiotic phrases the powerless use to feel important, but I think he looks great and will could be a star in college.  Speaking of Hamlin, I think that could be a good comparison of what this guy will do once he gets to college, relative to his position.

Has anyone else seen his video?  I would love to hear comments.

Porkahontas

He looks good.

That said, he doesn't hold a candle to what Damian Williams has done this year. Go back and look at some old game films or clips on rivals and focus on Damian Williams and tell me that there's more than just a couple better high school WR's in the nation that looks better than he does on the football field.

The kid straight up is gonna be a hoss for somebody. If he comes to Arkansas, he's gonna be big-time. If he goes to Florida, he's facing the risks of getting lost in the shuffle and not seeing the ball but 3 or 4 times a game.

firecampbell

have we jumped up very much on Calhoun's list?  I imagine mustain has a lot to do if the situation changes but i didn't think he was very high on us. 

D-macs cuz

Damian Williams 35 td's this year.  That's all needed to be said.

bigred7987

People need to watch Duke Calhoun's video #1 of him playing DB...the first play is an 80 yd pick six.  The speed he shows on that play is second to none

HogPsych

Is he even considering us.  From what I hear, we are not even in the top3 - Ole miss, Mem, Tenn ahead of us.

bigred7987

he visited memphis put them at the top above all others, then visited Ole Miss and put them with Memphis at the top, then visited Tenn and put them at the top with the others...get the pattern?

Ugly Uncle

So, if we can get him to visit us on the last weekend, we have a chance.
Retired Radio Host

brooks74

DW is unbelievable.  I think he's gonna be a stud anywhere he goes, even the Gators.  That said, he would look great in a Hog uni!!

memphisguy

Calhoun is expected to go to Memphis. If Arkansas gets Damon Williams, that should be good enough. I think Williams has a chance to be a special player. :razorback:

fieldturf

Calhoun may be good and all that, but that #1 for Springdale is the best thing I've seen since Matt Jones!!! He's a game breaker. We need you Damian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

killamon

calhoun will not make a decision until he visits UA on Jan 27th.......i've heard MM has contacted duke.....dont count us out..memphis is the one to watch in this....i doubt he goes to Tenn......we have to WOW him on his visit....just today he jumped from the #52 WR to #33

bigred7987

Duke Calhoun
Damian Williams
Carlton Salters
Andrew Norman
Jerrell Norton wherever we put him
I will take that WR class any day

Ugly Uncle

Sorry Tomcat.  Should have been more specific.  I meant if we could get Duke to visit on the last weekend we would have a shot.
Retired Radio Host

slaughts3

according to rivals DW is the 9th best receiver in the nation, and if you ask me even here he's flying under the radar, while Duke Calhoun is the 33rd best.  We could use Duke, but we need DW.

CorningHog

How about we get them both!  Can you imagine adding these two to the mix next year, plus McFadden, Jones and Michael Smith at RB, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk, Cedric Washington, Chris Baker, Ben Cleveland at TE and hopefully many many more!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

LRCentralTiger

Do not count on Duke.  Does not look promisiing. :razorback:

snoophog

What no one seems to realize concerning the WR spot is that with the new offense, Micheal Smith will be moving there and be the guy who catches the short one and takes to the house ala Damien Williams. Smith has Fred Talley type of speed with better shiftiness, may be the brightest of the new players on the field this spring.

SPAL

Do not forget Ced Washington, Ced Logan, and Reggie Fish as burners who will fit in quite nicely with this new system. Our WR corp will be great in this system. Mix a few of these guys we are recruing in the mix and we will have loads of talent atthat pos.

M-16

Duke Calhoun visit next week-end. We need to pull out all stops for this kid. Just like we did for Batman Carrol. Light the place up with his name on the Billboard. That's what these Memphis kids need to see. It's all about the Bling Bling and Gus better have the jewels.

:razorback:

razorsone

MM is the best highschool QB I've ever seen in Arkansas, or anywhere for that matter. DW is the best highschool football player I have ever seen in Arkansas on either side of the ball - period.

LRCentralTiger

M-16

I hope they do not light up the scoreboard and put his name in lights becasue after Tuberfield's shows at Auburn the NCAA has banned that activity.  We do not need the NCAA on us again.

HogKong

Does anyone know how we can hear his announcement?

Mike Tencleve

Duke just announced he is going to Memphis! That sucks!

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

KOAHogFan

I may be a blessing..  We had a another receiver from memphis that never panned out..

Mike Tencleve

I got it off of Hawgsports.com message board. They had someone at the news conference.

J.A.Y.

Thanks, could be better though if we get DW. Not too many receivers in this class
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Hog6

Quote from: Rudy on January 30, 2006, 10:14:11 am
For those of you who have no idea who "Duke" is, he is referring to Duke Calhoun (WR) out of Raleigh Egypt High School (Memphis).  It helps to offer just a bit more detail in your post, pal.  Nonetheless, thanks for the update!  This could be good news, too.  We would not be taking Calhoun AND D.

Williams in this class.   This might be a positive omen.

I do hope you are right.  We should hear something in the next 24hrs on Damian.

J.A.Y.

how many years does Hewitt have? ???

D-macs cuz

J.A.Y.

missippihog

Just heard on Memphis radio that Duke Calhoun committed to Memphis at a press conf. a shor time ago. Memphis over UA? Doesn't look good to me.

pfrg999

According to Hawgsillustrated
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

memphisguy

Duke Calhoun has committed to Memphis today.

ZAP743

I'm sorry if this has already been posted. If so, I missed it, but he has committed to Memphis. But if Damian is really coming to UofA along with L. Crawford, then I don't guess that it really matters!! GO HOGS!

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=45464&Sport=1