Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random SEC Board comments on Gus

Started by Hog in MO, December 09, 2005, 10:37:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

so, we are a farging joke.  Just great. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

cmakrzrbak

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

TennesseeRaz

That's ok.  We'll see how they're laugh in a year or two when we get some more skilled players in here and the scoreboard is lighting up like a slot machine!

Vidikron

Meh... who cares?  We needed help, we rolled the dice, and now we see if it pans out.  And LSU has no room to talk, they nearly lost to Nutt's play calling.

GrizzledHogFan

They won't be laughing when they look up at the scoreboard and see that they just lost 42-7.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hogattack21

Dont worry about it, I will get on their board and F$#@ with their heads. I know yall will like that, besides they wont be joking if we stomp there happy little @sses next year will they? Oh, I am sorry that will only happen if Nuttcase lets Gus and Reggie do their jobs.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

doubleH

somebody get on there and stop all the negativity. Recruiting is being hurt.

TulsaHawg

I checked a few Rivals sites and saw nothing mentioned about it.  So it must not be that big of a deal to our SEC friends.

CiriusPorker

I say let those b****es have their laughts now.  We'll be laughing at them when we shove Gus Malzahn's playbook up their woo-hoo's and look up at us as they cry for a mercy rule.

astarXzone

Damn, we are getting hammered on the sec boards, I hope malzahn makes them all eat big brown footballs and we beat them all 70-17 next year.

CiriusPorker

they have no idea what they are making fun of right now..Muahahahahaha

Squealers

Someone needs to get on there and copy all of those posts.  Then when we kick their A$$e$ we can promptly log on and re post those infantile comments and shove them down their in bread throats!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Reaganite

I absolutely LOVE IT!!! 

I want them to underestimate us.  I'm sure Gus doesn't believe in a MERCY RULE at the SEC level :-).

He's the second coming of Steve Spurrier for God's sake... visor and all!

Best part is... the other schools don't know it yet.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Reaganite on December 09, 2005, 11:23:28 pm
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

I want them to underestimate us. I'm sure Gus doesn't believe in a MERCY RULE at the SEC level :-).

He's the second coming of Steve Spurrier for God's sake... visor and all!

Best part is... the other schools don't know it yet.

I can't wait until he starts running up the score on these retards...then they'll shut the he** up

PerryHog

Some are a little too sure, if you know what I mean.
I hope things work out, but betting the farm is just crazy at this point.
Endure the humiliation and pray.
That's really all we've got.
Been that way for 25 years.
Let's get used to it.

CiriusPorker

i'm not betting the farm, just trash talking as much as they are..from the security of their own message boards... :)

hogattack21

I just got off of TideFans .com and they are wanting me kicked of their board. I did not realize that they love Croyle so much. It was so much fun screwing with their heads. i aint worried about it though, Gus will teach them a real lesson.

Hog Bounty Hunter

yeah yeah it's real funny we hired ole Gus. Let them laugh, we will have the last laugh on this one.

doubleH

Why are we getting on their boards and talking trash? I don't see any fans on this board telling us how bad of a hire it was on here. If you are responding on other schools' boards that is telling them that you yourself are unsure of the hire.

hogattack21

Why, I am just having fun. I mean if they are talking trash we can too. I know we arent going to a bowl like they are but it is part of the competiveness of being a fan. They talk trash about us, we can talk trash about them. Its all fun anyway, hell we dont know what is really going to happen neither do they. I just dont want them running down our team, or coaching staff(except Nutt). They dont like it either, so if they want to play hard ball we should too. If you are real fan of the Hogs you will stand up for them; win or lose. That is what fans are for. I am not trying to piss everyone off on there boards or this one either for dang sure. I am friends with some of the players and I dont want this team run into the mud, regardless of their record.

Reaganite

It would be kind of nice if everyone laid low on Gus and didn't pump him up too much to the other boards.  They'll discount us next season and won't know what hit them when the game's over (by the half I'd hope).

I was kind of worried about the change in speed HS vs. SEC but then I got to thinking.  Gus had his boys playing at a speed all of the other schools couldn't keep up with.  I think it'll be ok based on that.  What say you?

Lando Calrissian

We would probably be doing the same thing here if we saw the same headline, for instance "LSU HIRES HIGH SCHOOL COACH AS OC", you know we'd be laughing at them too.

BUT.

We aren't them.

We (well, most of us) know something that they don't.

Like someone else above said:  Let them laugh all they want.

This is just one more thing that might actually work in our favor in the end.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Vidikron

Again, LSU shouldn't laugh.  They nearly lost to Nutt's play calling.

hogattack21

Youre right, I know he is a high school coach or was but his teams always executed at a different pace than other high school teams in the SEC. Also, pumping him up on the boards is not going to hurt anything, they dont believe anything we are saying. After we play the schools next year they are going to be like " Dang this man knows what he is doing". Heck they might want him too.

Hoghead

If he does well he'll end  up as a SEC Head Coach. Ole Miss will offer him the World to come to Oxford.

Reaganite

Man!!!!   Is it spring yet!!!

I'll have to call in sick, rent a crane and watch practice over the tarps!!!!

Gawd I can't wait!

Big Papa Satan

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

What is the big freaking deal?  Every coach has a first game at any level whether it is high school, small college, major college, or pro.  I just am excited about the prospect of a Razorback actually throwing the ball on a saturday afternoon.

I remember when we played Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl years back, we ran the ball for some unimaginable yardage and scored regularly after huge drives.  Tennessee would take the kick, run three or four plays and score.  We would grind the ball, 10 plays, 15 plays, and score.  Three plays later the game was tied.  After the game we were beaten on the score board but set all kinds of offensive records for the bowl.  I thought surely we would open the offense up when we moved to the SEC.  I have not seen it yet.

We have the backs, now we have an OC . . . HOPEFULLY we will have the QB soon to send us on our way.

WindyCityHog

Nothing "official" about it at all DR.  You should remove yourself from any debates concerning Gus...

You have, in the past, had many complaints about Gus as a coach.  Hell....some of them have  been warranted :o

Yet, your hate of Gus makes you an unreliable skeptic.....aka HBH when it comes to HDN. 

Since when did you start caring about what other SEC fans thought about lil' ol' Arkansaw? 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Uncle IvanCongratulations to us. We are officially the laughingstock of the SEC.

[sarcasm]Wow, you don't hold a grudge against anything and everything NWA at all, do you?[/sarcasm]

I thought we already were one of the "laughing stocks" of the SEC?

Shoot, Gus Malzahn has been the OC for a whopping 13 hours now.  If at the end of next season you want to call us a "laughing stock", then more power to you.

Holding a petty in-state grudge at this point (13 hours into it all) just might be one of the more childish things I've seen/read/heard this entire week.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 10, 2005, 02:32:12 am[sarcasm]Wow, you don't hold a grudge against anything and everything NWA at all, do you?[/sarcasm]

I thought we already were one of the "laughing stocks" of the SEC?

Shoot, Gus Malzahn has been the OC for a whopping 13 hours now.  If at the end of next season you want to call us a "laughing stock", then more power to you.

Holding a petty in-state grudge at this point (13 hours into it all) just might be one of the more childish things I've seen/read/heard this entire week.

No, making the assumption that legit criticism and apprehension is due to a "regional grudge" is the most childish thing on here in quite some time.

WindyCityHog

I read those threads....

Each and every one is haughty.

Bottom line....It wouldn't matter  if the Hogs hired a soccer coach from Benton to be the OC....the respect wouldn't be there.  You can't lose what never was...

Frick 'Bama....Screw LSU....Diddle Auburn.

I could care LESS about what their fanbase thinks.  Just like this post.....nobody gives a rat's ass ;)

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 10, 2005, 02:29:38 amNothing "official" about it at all DR.  You should remove yourself from any debates concerning Gus...

You have, in the past, had many complaints about Gus as a coach.  Hell....some of them have  been warranted :o

Yet, your hate of Gus makes you an unreliable skeptic.....aka HBH when it comes to HDN. 

Since when did you start caring about what other SEC fans thought about lil' ol' Arkansaw? 

Just because I am apprehensive and dislike the situation, I suddenly hate the man?

I watched him at Hughes, long before 99% of here had even heard of the man.  I followed him when he was at Shiloh, and then at Springdale.  There are only two years where he has impressed me, otherwise, he has won when he had advantages in talent (Springdale/Shiloh/Hughes) and/or depth (Shiloh).  Regardless of what the NWA hype machine says, he is not a proven college coach.  Gerry Faust keeps coming to mind, and his high school coaching record makes GM's pale in comparison.

Like it or not, Malzhan is not yet the savior of the program.  Don't buy into the idiotic hype.  It's way too early to do that for an unproven commodity.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 10, 2005, 02:41:16 am
I read those threads....

Each and every one is haughty.

Bottom line....It wouldn't matter  if the Hogs hired a soccer coach from Benton to be the OC....the respect wouldn't be there.  You can't lose what never was...

Frick 'Bama....Screw LSU....Diddle Auburn.

I could care LESS about what their fanbase thinks.  Just like this post.....nobody rives a rat's ass ;)

I don't give a tinker's damn either about what the various fanbases have to say, but think the possibility doesn't exist for negative recruiting?

Fulmer: Hey kid, Nutt's about to get fired anyway.  I mean, he's so desperate that he hired a high school coach as his coordinator, and get this: the guy doesn't have a lick of college experience!  Why would you want to go there?

WindyCityHog

I never said I "bought into the hype".

Frankly, I think Gus' relationship with the Springdale 5 matters more than his acumen.....but at least I am willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.  Like it or not (and I don't), HDN is here for at least another year.  Gus can NOT do worse than HDN....that much I truly believe.

I am willing to at least try given what we have....You?

....and like I said.....who cares if we're the "laughingstock" of the SEC?  We already are.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Uncle IvanI don't give a tinker's damn either about what the various fanbases have to say

Then what made you declare us the "laughing stock" of the SEC after this hire?

For all you knew, other SEC teams (fans) might have been praising this.

Man, now seems like a pretty silly time to hold some ridiculous in-state grudge.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 10, 2005, 02:51:45 amThen what made you declare us the "laughing stock" of the SEC after this hire?

For all you knew, other SEC teams (fans) might have been praising this.

Man, now seems like a pretty silly time to hold some ridiculous in-state grudge.

Go look at the threads.  75% of the comments are ridicule.  Think recruits don't read this stuff?

Once again, declaring legitimate complaints as due to an "in-state grudge" is pure idiocy.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 10, 2005, 02:46:57 am
I never said I "bought into the hype".

Frankly, I think Gus' relationship with the Springdale 5 matters more than his acumen.....but at least I am willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.  Like it or not (and I don't), HDN is here for at least another year.  Gus can NOT do worse than HDN....that much I truly believe.

So, you really believe that Malzhan will be any different that Wittke and Ferguson?

Not with Nutt at the helm.  There is no convincing me that he will really have full control of the offense.

Sure, Malzhan looks good for the five at Springdale...but what can he do for recruiting nationally?

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Uncle IvanGo look at the threads. 75% of the comments are ridicule. Think recruits don't read this stuff?

But I thought you didn't care what other teams' fans' comments were?

Shoot, you think this is the first time someone from another school will use something (head coach, location, etc) against us recruiting-wise? 

The door swings both ways, ya know.  We will now have an offense in place that we can sell to recruits that we never would have ever dreamed of having under Nutt's offense.

Again, judging from past comments you've made, you have brought nothing new to the table that doesn't make me think this is some in-state grudge (which usually revolves around jealousy) towards Malzahn/Springdale/Northwest Arkansas.

Gus Malzahn has been the OC for 14 hours now.  This is the best news (all in-state grudges you might have aside) the Razorback football program has received in YEARS.

Christ.  Relax and enjoy it.  At least wait until Spring Practice to jump to your inevitable "He sucks!" conclusion.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 10, 2005, 03:04:49 amBut I thought you didn't care what other teams' fans' comments were?

Shoot, you think this is the first time someone from another school will use something (head coach, location, etc) against us recruiting-wise? 

The door swings both ways, ya know.  We will now have an offense in place that we can sell to recruits that we never would have ever dreamed of having under Nutt's offense.

Again, judging from past comments you've made, you have brought nothing new to the table that doesn't make me think this is some in-state grudge (which usually revolves around jealousy) towards Malzahn/Springdale/Northwest Arkansas.

Gus Malzahn has been the OC for 14 hours now.  This is the best news (all in-state grudges you might have aside) the Razorback football program has received in YEARS.

Christ.  Relax and enjoy it.  At least wait until Spring Practice to jump to your inevitable "He sucks!" conclusion.

Can't refute the argument, just scream some BS like "Oh, in-state grudge!"  Are you kidding me?

And as for the other fans' comments deal: I don't care what they think.  I do care what potential recruits think if they see it.

I will believe that Nutt has relinquished control of the offense and has stopped the micro-management when I see it.  Due to past actions of Nutt, I have every right to be skeptical.  I have no reason to believe this isn't the standard Dale Shuck N' Jive.

Dumb ole famrboy

I just don't understand it. Arkansas has just hired a fricken inexperienced unproven HS coach as OC. This is comparable to a Fortune 500 Company promoting someone to Vice-President straight from the mailroom. It's crazy in my opinion. These types of moves are rarely successful. Especially with a clueless head coach the one charged with teaching him the finer points of the college game.

Sammy_Hogar

Those fans are only laughing because they beat us THIS year. Right now wer'e easy to pick on. Let em kick sand in our faces now. It should just serve as motivation for us to kick their arses even farther over their shoulders when we do.

jblack19

Just wait and see what they say after his first season is over. I'll bet they will be singing a different tune.  I cant wait for the season to start! :razorback:

msudawgs64

I actually find it funny that other teams fans are laughing over this hire.  I don't get it really, in simple terms, football is football, plays are plays. This guy has been successful on the high school level, all he is now doing is taking his philosophy and his play calling and moving it to Arkansas, aka the next level.  So I guess I may be looking at this on a purely simplistic level but I see no reason he cannot be successful at Arkansas if he gets players who fit his coaching style and assuming Nutt leaves him the hell alone and lets him run the offense.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

swoopeshog

Us arkies have to have msudawg come in and look at it from a simplistic viewpoint. Thanks.  What a novel concept.  I think most of us are over analyzing this.  We are where we are at this point.  Let's move on with some support for Gus and him getting Mustain back in the fold.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

ocelot_ark

So basically the rest of the SEC sees what SOME of the fans here see. This is a joke. We are a joke. Pride, Tradition, Excellence........oh, and arkansas, kentucky, and vandy.

Razorback0918

The losses we got these year.. most of them ( except USC and second half of auburn) a couple of plays definetly could've been a win. Having an gus does nuthin but help you cause he can see the whole field and better calls will be made to have the close losses made into wins for us. If we had Gus this past season our record would be 9-2 for sure. Do yall realize that our past teo recruiting classes were ranked in the top 25. Now they'll be sophmores and juniors. Our seniors will be playing like leaders. All we need is another good recruiting class and we could do some damage.

CorningHog

It is a typical response from a fan of any school and on the surface we can all understand the so called "motivation" since Mitch Mustain, Damian Williams and the others are D1 recruits.

Expect all of this to change over the next year and you can expect that the college assistants on the other SEC teams and their head coaches will take notice quickly.  The whole SEC may have to take real notice since we have some very outstanding offensive players returning next season.

Gus will get the last laugh in on any of the SEC fans that throw insults.  Gus will work very hard to install a very diverse offense that is capable of making the defense defend the "whole" field.

Great hire for us, too bad for the rest of the SEC!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"