Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame QB commitment dropped possibly for MM

Started by mikeirwin, December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mchogfan

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:34:11 am
Quote from: mchogfan on December 08, 2005, 12:24:57 am
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:19:54 am
The guys on SR pretty much said that Notre Dame is the school to beat so this isn't rumor-mongering. It falls in line with what Mike has said here and what Bowl Cut said on DTS.

I guess this is where I get confused on all of this...How does the Arkansas boards know so much about this but the ND boards and the South Bend local news not know anything about it? I mean if someone's offer got pulled (Frazer) I think he would be talking A LOT. And plenty of people would be taking notice.

I don't know. Why don't you call both Sports Rap and Drive Time Sports tomorrow and ask them about it? I'm not being sarcastic, either. It was reported on both shows that Notre Dame is in the lead for Mustain's commit.

Yeah and Sports Rap reported on Friday that first according to Chuck: Wittke was going to be named OC.  Then at 5:15 Dudley announced that Signetti would most likely be named OC after the FSU/La Tech game on Friday night.  Still waiting....
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

Boared

Quote from: mchogfan on December 08, 2005, 12:38:33 am
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:34:11 am
Quote from: mchogfan on December 08, 2005, 12:24:57 am
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on December 08, 2005, 12:19:54 am
The guys on SR pretty much said that Notre Dame is the school to beat so this isn't rumor-mongering. It falls in line with what Mike has said here and what Bowl Cut said on DTS.

I guess this is where I get confused on all of this...How does the Arkansas boards know so much about this but the ND boards and the South Bend local news not know anything about it? I mean if someone's offer got pulled (Frazer) I think he would be talking A LOT. And plenty of people would be taking notice.

I don't know. Why don't you call both Sports Rap and Drive Time Sports tomorrow and ask them about it? I'm not being sarcastic, either. It was reported on both shows that Notre Dame is in the lead for Mustain's commit.

Yeah and Sports Rap reported on Friday that first according to Chuck: Wittke was going to be named OC. Then at 5:15 Dudley announced that Signetti would most likely be named OC after the FSU/La Tech game on Friday night. Still waiting....

As I said, call both shows tomorrow and ask them to substantiate their claims.

DisplacedHogFan

Yo chiefsfan...I'd delete that post where you are quoting the ND guy if I were you. It comes from their premium board, as does the rest of the quote which comes from the Razor's Edge board. Will probably have some P.O'd admins from those boards on here if ya don't. Just a heads up man...

TheSportsGuy

i'll say it again.  when asked if it was a hard decision about choosing arkansas, mitch said "yeah, it was a very hard decision."  these words mean something.  it tells me he wasn't quite sold on the hogs, but he still had interest.  as the season unfolded, he observed how nutt was running things, and at the same time saw the success and wide-open offense that worked with weiss (which is mitch's style BY FAR).  you mix in the tradition and the notoriety that comes along with the gold helmet, and all of a sudden cold feet will set in.  just because you don't hear anything on their message boards, doesn't mean it's not happening.  the info got leaked form THIS end, which would be the first place it would come from if you think about it (keeping it under SUPER-WRAPS at ND).  don't get mad at mike.  he didn't guarantee a damn thing, unlike the other million rumors that get started on this board.he chose to share info that he didn't have to WHATSOEVER.  RESPECT HIM. a lot are just pissed that it is bad news. 

bbennett

Frasier struggles with his handoffs, screens, and 5 yard out routes.  We're out of the picture.

Foots

Does anybody remember what Weis did for that 10 year old kid that passed away after his visit with him? He kept his word and called the first play that the kid wanted him to call, no matter what. I doubt Weis would just drop the QB that he wanted for another.

Hogpkins

December 08, 2005, 02:51:27 am #106 Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:54:22 am by Shoatysmalls
I know nothing about the Frasier deal.

But what I do know is that the offensive coordinator from Notre Dame has been in town.  I ran into him two days ago.  This was the night before the MM story broke, so I had no idea what was to come.  I had no idea who he was at first -- just a well-dressed black man that looked like he had a some money and he carried himself with a lot of confidence.  He was at the Best Buy here in Fayetteville where I work, buying two Ipods for his kids for X-mas, said he was from up north, and wanted to know whether the warranty would still be good up there.  After running his card his address came back Notre Dame. I thought that was odd.  It wasn't a street name, it actually said Notre dame.  Here's a portion of our conversation:

Me:  You're from Notre Dame?  What are you doing here?

Him:  Two guesses.

Me:  Mitch Mustain?

Him:  <grinning>  You guessed it.  And?

Me:  Damian Williams?

Him:  Noooo.  He's firmly committed elsewhere.

Me:  Andrew Norman??

Him: <grinning> Yep.

We talked for awhile.  He said he had been offensive coordinator at Texas until this year.  I had rib him about how much their offense had improved this year and how Vince Young is suddenly a Heisman candidate since he left.  And of course we and to talk about the last two Ark-Tex games.

Anyway, after talking to him, I just figured that a bunch of recruiters were coming back in town to take another shot at MM now that his football season is over.  I really didn't think there was much to it; just figured that he was so good that other schools didn't mind WASTING THEIR TIME on at least the small possibility of him changing his mind.

Wow, the next morning, imagine my surprise when I realized this was NO SMALL POSSIBILITY.  THIS WAS REALITY.  This was far from being a shot in the dark.  Notre Dame was coming to damn near close the deal.  I have no idea whether Charlie Weiss was in town.  I'm sure he'll be the actual deal-closer.  But this OC, he was impressive.  And VERY CONFIDENT.  I should have known something was up just by his confidence.

I'm not saying it is over.  But I AM saying that Notre Dame is DEFINITELY in the game.  Anyone that thinks Notre Dame isn't in the top 2 is just wrong, in my opinion.  Oh, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Andrew Norman is headed to Indiana too.  Who knows if it will be just to butter the deal with Mitch, or whether they really want him.  But I wouldn't be so sure that AN is as committed to Arkansas as some think.

RevBroHogg

I'll just be glad when the rumors stop and things get settled one way or the other.  And based on the Hogs season, if I were MM, I would seriously be reconsidering my committment.  You cannot blame the kid for that - you blame the UofA administration & coach.

PennHOG

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 07, 2005, 09:54:20 pm
Sources tell me that Notre Dame has withdrawn an offer to it's top QB committment. Zach Frazer, a 6-4, 210 pound QB out of Mechanicsburg, Pa. is off the list clearing the way for Mitch to get an offer. Sources also tell me that it is unlikely that Weiss would have made such a move without stong indications from Mustain that he was coming on board.
Not written in stone  but it doesn't look good guys.

Hey I live right outside of Mechanicsburg, Pa.  Maybe I should go talk to him about coming to Arkansas.   :D
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Soooie21

Weiss appears to have too much class to play dirty...maybe MM was the one who called ND and not the other way around, if it happened at all.... :razorback:

NDEE01

Quote from: mikeirwin on December 08, 2005, 12:17:14 am
Quote from: craigr417 on December 07, 2005, 11:53:46 pm
Mike....Sources. Nothing has been said, why don't we post it, when it happens. Why are we going crazy, Mitch hasn't pubicly said anything. Why don't we cool our heels until something happens...
Right. I'm going to tell you the people who told me this ? So they will never tell me anything again ?
I'm not the only person who reported this. Rick Scheaffer revealed a part of it on Drive Time. He did not have the name of the QB.
How about this ? My sources do not read or post on Hogville.
They are close to Mitch and are fully aware of his situation with Notre Dame.
The only way they are wrong is if Mitch himself has been given bad information.

What your doing is a character assassination on Frazer. You claim he has character problems, yet, offer no evidence. Don't hide behind "sources". Present facts not speculation. And if your "sources" didn't give you anything specific, don't publish it, if it's true it will come out. Frazer did nothing to deserve this. You owe him an apology.

My "sources" tell me Nutt put you and Shaffer up to this. Paint it as big bad ND coming to take one Arkansas' recruits, in the processes, smear one of the ND recruits, without any factual basis, so that ND and Weis look really bad in the processes. It will force ND's hand, and since ND has no room for Mustain, there's a good chance he ends up back at Arkansas. You don't need to play this dirty game with a 18 year old kid from Pa who has nothing to do with it.

My other source tells me that Mike Irwin has character issues as well and is making everything up. 

michaelkmcneil

Guys, this is a case of Mustain wanting ND more than ND wanting Mustain.  Weis tabbed Frazer has his #1 recruit, I don't care who has more stars.  He has hos two QB's, there is no room for Mustain.  Not only with QB's, this class is full.  To assert that Mustain de-committed becasue of character issues is ridiculous & morally inept (not pointing fingers, who knows where this came from).  Funny how the only people that "know" anything are from Arkansas.  Mustain's decision to decommit from Arkansas is more a byproduct of Nutt's inabilities, not Weis' abilities.  Mustain will probably end up at Tennesse, South Carolina, or somewhere else; which is a tougher pill to swallow than ND and will almost surely send Nutt packing. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NDEE01 on December 08, 2005, 08:31:34 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on December 08, 2005, 12:17:14 am
Quote from: craigr417 on December 07, 2005, 11:53:46 pm
Mike....Sources. Nothing has been said, why don't we post it, when it happens. Why are we going crazy, Mitch hasn't pubicly said anything. Why don't we cool our heels until something happens...
Right. I'm going to tell you the people who told me this ? So they will never tell me anything again ?
I'm not the only person who reported this. Rick Scheaffer revealed a part of it on Drive Time. He did not have the name of the QB.
How about this ? My sources do not read or post on Hogville.
They are close to Mitch and are fully aware of his situation with Notre Dame.
The only way they are wrong is if Mitch himself has been given bad information.

What your doing is a character assassination on Frazer. You claim he has character problems, yet, offer no evidence. Don't hide behind "sources". Present facts not speculation. And if your "sources" didn't give you anything specific, don't publish it, if it's true it will come out. Frazer did nothing to deserve this. You owe him an apology.

My "sources" tell me Nutt put you and Shaffer up to this. Paint it as big bad ND coming to take one Arkansas' recruits, in the processes, smear one of the ND recruits, without any factual basis, so that ND and Weis look really bad in the processes. It will force ND's hand, and since ND has no room for Mustain, there's a good chance he ends up back at Arkansas. You don't need to play this dirty game with a 18 year old kid from Pa who has nothing to do with it.

My other source tells me that Mike Irwin has character issues as well and is making everything up.

Absurd.

Do you really think that we would make up rumors that would be this negative to our own program?

I hope to God that Weiss won't make room for Mitch.  But that isn't realistic at all.   If Mitch wants to go to ND, Weiss will make room.

michaelkmcneil

QuoteI hope to God that Weiss won't make room for Mitch.  But that isn't realistic at all.   If Mitch wants to go to ND, Weiss will make room

Wrong.  As someone who follows ND recruiting, trust me when I say the class is full.  There are two guys (A DT and an OL) pretty much for one last scholarhsip.  There is no room to be made.  Also, Weis will not take three QB's. 

lilbrofan

ok Michaelkmcneil...  lets just wait for the next few weeks..  You might think you know but I KNOW...  MM will be at ND..  I would be willing to put $ on that one..  Weiss would be stupid.. he is the #1 player in the Country..  Zach Frazier is good no doubt about it but MM is better.. 

michaelkmcneil

Mitch Mustain may be the #1 QB according to a recruiting service, but he's not Charlie Weis' number one choice.  David Cutcliffe & Charlie Weis watched video on over 600 QB's when hired, and they made Frazer their #1 recruit.  Trust me, Weis isn't checking with Rivals to see who the good players are, he is making his own evaluations.  Keep your money, Mustain will not end up at either Notre Dame or Arkansas. 

lilbrofan

Weiss chose Frazer when MM told him No...  That is when Frazer was contacted..  Then right before Mitch Committed to AR he was interested again.  The day mitch made his decision was when ND got their 2nd QB Recruit Committed..  He was told then lets get through the season and then we will talk..  That is what they are doing now....I will remember you in about a month and we will talk then...  Just wait and see

michaelkmcneil

I am sorry, but you are wrong.  Frazer was the first offer made, it had nothing to do with Mitch.  Mitch did eventually get an offer, but after Frazer.  Zach committed before Mustain could.  Weis wanted Frazer more, it's that simple.  All you have to do is read his quotes. 

Anon2

Why does everyone but Mike have to name their sources?

Ark Blitz

MM is not coming to Ark because he wants to play for a coach that will continue to develop his skills to have the oppurtunity to play in the NFL.  Under Nutt Ark has not develop a drop back QB in the NFL these other big programs have. 

OrvilleRedenporker

Mike, just to give us some last ditch hope, can you tell us some bedtime stories of times you were really bad wrong, totally fooled, completely duped.......

diamondp

All we hear in the news is how Arkansas ranks near the bottom in this catagory or that catagory.The people of Arkansas take pride in thier state and especially the RAZORBACKS.Houston has turned this program into a laughing stock and another catagory where we rank near the bottom.Mitch Mustain isn't coming to the UofA for the simple reason that Nutt is a liar and a fool.Doesn't everyone remember when the reporter from boise called nutt a used car salesman?We have no right to be mad at Mitch for seeing through HDN's BS.Boy I wish I owned a car lot, I guarantee a man like nutt could move alot of cars.
JUST WIN!!!!

diamondp

I almost forgot .

FIRE HOUSTON NUTT!!!!!!!!!
JUST WIN!!!!

mchogfan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 08, 2005, 12:36:14 am
If this had been good news from Mike I then we would all be celebrating, no questions asked. It is simply the normal reaction for some to question the messenger when they hear something they don't like.

Mike is dead-on usually. He was reporting Notre Dame as the team MM was looking at last night before anybody else was.

I don't like bad news any more than the rest of you, but this source is the credible one we all aspire to have.

Bacon out...

I think it's a given that MM would like to go to ND. The question is did ND, in fact, drop Frazer?

OrvilleRedenporker

HDN signals in the play after consulting with DNutt, Markuson, Wittke, JFB, Keith Jackson SR, Paul Eels, Shibest, Don Decker, Jerry Jones, Pat Jones, Jim Lindsey, oops there's only half a second on the play clock.....timeout, timeout, timeout!!!!!!!!!!

reagan

Quote from: OrvilleRedenporker on December 08, 2005, 09:30:55 am
HDN signals in the play after consulting with DNutt, Markuson, Wittke, JFB, Keith Jackson SR, Paul Eels, Shibest, Don Decker, Jerry Jones, Pat Jones, Jim Lindsey, oops there's only half a second on the play clock.....timeout, timeout, timeout!!!!!!!!!!
we do seem to waste a lot of timeouts.  I will say this, that Gus has some spells of this as well.

rzrbacknTX

Pete Sampson, Irish Illustrated, says that ND has not dropped a QB commitment, are happy with the two they have and the rumors about that are coming from Arkansas. 

hogsrbad

Bad news, however if Mitch does not want to be a Hog, we don't want him.

mchogfan

Quote from: rzrbacknTX on December 08, 2005, 10:11:26 am
Pete Sampson, Irish Illustrated, says that ND has not dropped a QB commitment, are happy with the two they have and the rumors about that are coming from Arkansas.
Really, how hard is this to figure out? If Weis pulled a scholarship from Frazer, wouldn't that kid be doing a lot of talking?  It is apparent that ND is plenty happy with what they'e gotten.

Randall baumgartne

Could somebody please tell me why  Frank b.has a problem with bringing B.Davis in. hire davis he will save us

NATEHOGG216

Because Frank is scared to drop NUTT.  Scared of lindsey.  Hell while we r at it, lets lose JFB, Lindsey, and Dale.  Start fresh.  What do you say?

FIRE HDN
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

eagle72

Mike, how can we attract top players wth our current coaching situation?  If HDN stays for '06 and has another bad year, he'll be gone next year.  Top players will be looking for stability  ??

Randall baumgartne

Im' proud of the QB we have,I think dick will be much improved if we can get offensive cord. I just hope and pray he stays healthy

Swino

Quote from: Randall baumgartne on December 08, 2005, 01:26:30 pm
Im' proud of the QB we have,I think dick will be much improved if we can get offensive cord. I just hope and pray he stays healthy

we aren't bashing Dick, we are bashing that two-faced lying sack of monkey-darn Nutt for lying to recruits and to us fans and blowing yet another recruiting year.  He has deep sixed the football program and we are madder than hell.

Golfer

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on December 08, 2005, 02:51:27 am

But what I do know is that the offensive coordinator from Notre Dame has been in town.  I ran into him two days ago.  This was the night before the MM story broke, so I had no idea what was to come.  I had no idea who he was at first -- just a well-dressed black man that looked like he had a some money and he carried himself with a lot of confidence.  He was at the Best Buy here in Fayetteville where I work, buying two Ipods for his kids for X-mas, said he was from up north, and wanted to know whether the warranty would still be good up there.  After running his card his address came back Notre Dame. I thought that was odd.  It wasn't a street name, it actually said Notre dame.  Here's a portion of our conversation:

Me:  You're from Notre Dame?  What are you doing here?

Him:  Two guesses.

Me:  Mitch Mustain?

Him:  <grinning>  You guessed it.  And?

Me:  Damian Williams?

Him:  Noooo.  He's firmly committed elsewhere.

Me:  Andrew Norman??

We talked for awhile.  He said he had been offensive coordinator at Texas until this year.  I had rib him about how much their offense had improved this year and how Vince Young is suddenly a Heisman candidate since he left.  And of course we and to talk about the last two Ark-Tex games.

Anyway, after talking to him, I just figured that a bunch of recruiters were coming back in town to take another shot at MM now that his football season is over.  I really didn't think there was much to it; just figured that he was so good that other schools didn't mind WASTING THEIR TIME on at least the small possibility of him changing his mind.

Wow, the next morning, imagine my surprise when I realized this was NO SMALL POSSIBILITY.  THIS WAS REALITY.  This was far from being a shot in the dark.  Notre Dame was coming to damn near close the deal.  I have no idea whether Charlie Weiss was in town.  I'm sure he'll be the actual deal-closer.  But this OC, he was impressive.  And VERY CONFIDENT.  I should have known something was up just by his confidence.

I'm not saying it is over.  But I AM saying that Notre Dame is DEFINITELY in the game.  Anyone that thinks Notre Dame isn't in the top 2 is just wrong, in my opinion. Oh, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Andrew Norman is headed to Indiana too. Who knows if it will be just to butter the deal with Mitch, or whether they really want him. But I wouldn't be so sure that AN is as committed to Arkansas as some think.

You lost credibility when you said this guy was the offensive coordinator at Texas last year. Gregg Davis has been the offensive coordinator at Texas for several years.

mchogfan

Quote from: Golfer on December 08, 2005, 02:11:07 pm
Quote from: Shoatysmalls on December 08, 2005, 02:51:27 am

But what I do know is that the offensive coordinator from Notre Dame has been in town. I ran into him two days ago. This was the night before the MM story broke, so I had no idea what was to come. I had no idea who he was at first -- just a well-dressed black man that looked like he had a some money and he carried himself with a lot of confidence. He was at the Best Buy here in Fayetteville where I work, buying two Ipods for his kids for X-mas, said he was from up north, and wanted to know whether the warranty would still be good up there. After running his card his address came back Notre Dame. I thought that was odd. It wasn't a street name, it actually said Notre dame. Here's a portion of our conversation:

Me: You're from Notre Dame? What are you doing here?

Him: Two guesses.

Me: Mitch Mustain?

Him: <grinning> You guessed it. And?

Me: Damian Williams?

Him: Noooo. He's firmly committed elsewhere.

Me: Andrew Norman??

We talked for awhile. He said he had been offensive coordinator at Texas until this year. I had rib him about how much their offense had improved this year and how Vince Young is suddenly a Heisman candidate since he left. And of course we and to talk about the last two Ark-Tex games.

Anyway, after talking to him, I just figured that a bunch of recruiters were coming back in town to take another shot at MM now that his football season is over. I really didn't think there was much to it; just figured that he was so good that other schools didn't mind WASTING THEIR TIME on at least the small possibility of him changing his mind.

Wow, the next morning, imagine my surprise when I realized this was NO SMALL POSSIBILITY. THIS WAS REALITY. This was far from being a shot in the dark. Notre Dame was coming to damn near close the deal. I have no idea whether Charlie Weiss was in town. I'm sure he'll be the actual deal-closer. But this OC, he was impressive. And VERY CONFIDENT. I should have known something was up just by his confidence.

I'm not saying it is over. But I AM saying that Notre Dame is DEFINITELY in the game. Anyone that thinks Notre Dame isn't in the top 2 is just wrong, in my opinion. Oh, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Andrew Norman is headed to Indiana too. Who knows if it will be just to butter the deal with Mitch, or whether they really want him. But I wouldn't be so sure that AN is as committed to Arkansas as some think.

You lost credibility when you said this guy was the offensive coordinator at Texas last year. Gregg Davis has been the offensive coordinator at Texas for several years.

I think this kid is being honest but misunderstood.  The guy that he met was probably, in fact, the recruiting coordinator (not OC) at Texas the past couple of years.  His name is Michael Haywood and is the OC at Notre Dame.

hog caller

let him go or be a Hog if he wants fellas . if he decides to go i think Casey will grow into a very respectful QB

bigred7987

Quote from: lilbrofan on December 08, 2005, 09:06:13 am
Weiss chose Frazer when MM told him No... That is when Frazer was contacted.. Then right before Mitch Committed to AR he was interested again. The day mitch made his decision was when ND got their 2nd QB Recruit Committed.. He was told then lets get through the season and then we will talk.. That is what they are doing now....I will remember you in about a month and we will talk then... Just wait and see
Wow you are a genius...I didnt know that Mustain committed before April 14.  I mean since Mustain apparently said no before then to Notre Dame then Charlie Weiss contacted Frazier and got him to commit by then.  your wrong son
http://notredame.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=29704

michaelkmcneil

QuoteI think this kid is being honest but misunderstood.  The guy that he met was probably, in fact, the recruiting coordinator (not OC) at Texas the past couple of years.  His name is Michael Haywood and is the OC at Notre Dame.

Haywood also recruits the Oklahoma, Texas, & Arkansas area. 

bigred7987

BTW you have it completely wrong.  Demetrius Jones committed the day before Mustain.  Mustain saw his opportunity at Notre Dame go away and he committed to Arkansas. 

mchogfan

Quote from: michaelkmcneil on December 08, 2005, 02:33:51 pm
QuoteI think this kid is being honest but misunderstood. The guy that he met was probably, in fact, the recruiting coordinator (not OC) at Texas the past couple of years. His name is Michael Haywood and is the OC at Notre Dame.

Haywood also recruits the Oklahoma, Texas, & Arkansas area.

So I guess we're in agreement that Haywood is who the kid probably met?

michaelkmcneil

Notre Dame Central = Unreputable.  Mustain is not going to Notre Dame.  There is no room, and Mustain is not an EE candidate.

fullfan

Sources tell me that Notre Dame has withdrawn an offer to it's top QB committment. Zach Frazer, a 6-4, 210 pound QB out of Mechanicsburg, Pa. is off the list clearing the way for Mitch to get an offer. Sources also tell me that it is unlikely that Weiss would have made such a move without stong indications from Mustain that he was coming on board.
Not written in stone  but it doesn't look good guys.

Hasn't this rumor been debunked by another credible post elsewhere earlier today?  Why is this still a stickied post.   Frazer's offer is still good and he going to ND.

michaelkmcneil

a publication that has been covering ND football for a long, long time.  This story ran today:

December 8, 2005
Frazer Shifts Focus to Notre Dame

by JOHN HAYNSWORTH
BlueAndGold.com WRITER           
Printable Version Print Version
Zach Frazer's senior season has officially ended. The team recently enjoyed a banquet at which Frazer was recognized as the district MVP and a first team all-district quarterback. After a record-setting junior season, Frazer finished with 1,839 yards and nine touchdowns in 2005.

"We were very inexperienced," admitted Mechanicsburg assistant coach, Jeff Costello. "Compared to last year, Zach had low numbers, but his leadership and mental toughness were second to none."

Frazer, however, was not concerned with the drop in his statistics from his junior to senior seasons. He made the most of an opportunity to grow as a leader and mentor to the younger players.

frazier_hsgame_throw201x350"The best thing about this senior year was leading our junior players," Frazer revealed. "For me, I focused on making the right reads and staying healthy."

With a valuable learning experience behind him, Frazer now shifts his focus to preparing himself for the quarterback position at Notre Dame.

"I'm ready now for the next level," said the 6-foot-4, 215-pounder.

Frazer looks forward to a busy off-season. He and his high school quarterback coach, Chris Hakel, have been and will continue to spend a lot of time with each other going over films of Notre Dame games as well as NFL games. Hakel was a former NFL quarterback, drafted by the Washington Redskins in 1992.

In fact, as Frazer boasts, "we've got half of the Notre Dame playbook down pat."

Frazer also intends to make some physical improvements through a rigorous workout regimen that includes lifting weights, running sprints, footwork drills and jumping rope. Perhaps following in the footsteps of future teammate, Tom Zbikowski, Frazer will take up another sport this spring that he hopes will pay dividends on the football field.

"I've been boxing," said Frazer with a little laughter. "I will get into it more after the Army (All-American) game."

Frazer is very much looking forward to the opportunity to spend some time with Notre Dame recruits such as James Aldridge, Bartley Webb, Konrad Reuland and others.

"It will be a fun week getting to know these guys and playing our first game together," Frazer added. "No doubt, Notre Dame will be represented very positively."

Jimmy

Any word on how all of this is playing out with other Arkansas commitments and recruits?

mchogfan

In today's column over at ARSN, Schaeffer now says it's a two school battle between Arkansas and Notre Dame.  No mention today that Notre Dame has "made room" for him.  If J. Frank gets the act together up there, this kid may still be salvageable.  Get an OC, fire Nutt, do whatever...just put the uncertainty to rest.  That is what is killing us right now.

mikeirwin

I have gone back to my sources for this story. They insist it is correct. They say it may take a few days for it to play out.
A reporter has to be ultimately responsible when his story is incorrect. I certainly will admit this if in a few days the story proves to be wrong. My sources insist that Mitch was given this information. If that's true and if he was told something that wasn't true maybe he will see that for what it was which would be good for Arkansas. But again, I have multiple sources for this story and all of them believe at this point the story is true.

Buck Ocean

It seems to me that we have rattled the cages of several Notre Dame apologists, most of whome have joined the board within the last 48 hours.

To the Notre Dame faithful that think that their recruiting class is chisled in stone like Moses' ten commandments:

You ain't got no signatures yet!!!
Think like a Jedi

Bucksnort

Quote from: hogbalz on December 07, 2005, 09:57:52 pm
One hell of a fence Nutt has built around the state. 5 Division 1A players 5 minutes from campus and Nutt gets one.
"...Nutt gets one."  How can you be sure.  They are/were 'best' friends.