Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL COLORADO THREADS...

Started by Hawgon, December 07, 2005, 09:31:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Jedi

No way in hades Nutt goes to Colorado.

Look at Barnett's record over 7 years, and compare it to Nutts.... They're very similar.

rHOGer

Best HDN voice:

"You guys were only a couple of plays away from beating Texas..."

rHOGer

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on December 07, 2005, 10:21:17 am

Look at Barnett's record over 7 years, and compare it to Nutts.... They're very similar.
But if they're looking for someone to "clean up" their image, i.e. the prostitues and the female kicker circus, he DOES initially protrude that image they may be looking for...

whatsshakinbacon

C'mon guys - Nutt is the perfect fit for Colorado - All CU needs is for the AD to put stipulations in on the front end to force him to NOT micromanage.  It's easier at a smaller program like theirs too.  It can be spun as a move up, and he will if he goes.  He's squeaky clean, something their program DESPERATELY needs, and not many in the land who are good coaches would consider them right now.

Bacon out...

Since 1894

Butch is going to go somewhere!   He is not going to wait on an opening at Fayetteville.  I would rather have him out of the SEC then be a distraction every year.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Allister Fiend

I can't see Nutt going to Colorado. I'm not saying it won't happen, but Colorado is a good job and they could most certainly find a better candidate than Houston Nutt. I say he ends up at a smaller school one day and then works his way back up.

RazorCraft

I disagree...Nutt having a clean image and positive attitude will be hired a big school like Colorado...their AD realizes that he is a few years removed from 1) playing in the SEC championship game, 2) being offered jobs from Nebraska and LSU...Nutt will not take a job at a smaller school unless he is absolutely forced to
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

whatsshakinbacon

We'd hear the same old spin - he's a great coach who, because of NCAA sanctions, could not recruit well enough to compete well in the SEC for the last couple of years.  He's got all the tools and is squeaky clean....yada....yada.....yada.

Bacon out...

RazorCraft

This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

Allister Fiend

I hope you are right, but I think the rest of the country is starting to see Nutt for what he is. Two years ago I would say differently, but today is an entirely different day alltogether. Let's just hope Colorado thinks more of HDN than most of us.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Allister Fiend on December 07, 2005, 10:31:38 am
I hope you are right, but I think the rest of the country is starting to see Nutt for what he is. Two years ago I would say differently, but today is an entirely different day alltogether. Let's just hope Colorado thinks more of HDN than most of us.

The national media loves this guy - they think he's a wonderboy. 

Bacon out...

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 07, 2005, 10:30:21 am
We'd hear the same old spin - he's a great coach who, because of NCAA sanctions, could not recruit well enough to compete well in the SEC for the last couple of years. He's got all the tools and is squeaky clean....yada....yada.....yada.

Bacon out...

Now is Nutt's chance to prove that he is a winner and the NCAA cloud was indeed what set him back.
Even if the cloud was true he's gotten the reputation as not being able to win at Arkansas which is why recruits won't come here.

HBTHogs

Nutt's reputation is much better outside of Arkansas where people insist that we have no talent and Houston is coaching a team of girl scouts that couldn't beat a drum without him.

Allister Fiend

bacon, I live in South Alabama and HDN is a big joke down this way. The radio talk shows call him Harry High School. He does not have the great National image he once had.

hognelson

The way the national media gushes over him you would expect that he has at least won the SEC Title.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Allister Fiend on December 07, 2005, 10:35:37 am
bacon, I live in South Alabama and HDN is a big joke down this way. The radio talk shows call him Harry High School. He does not have the great National image he once had.

I do think the SEC area is on to him.  But nationally the media still spins him up.

They still remember '98.

Bacon out...

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 07, 2005, 10:38:12 am
Quote from: Allister Fiend on December 07, 2005, 10:35:37 am

I do think the SEC area is on to him. But nationally the media still spins him up.

They still remember '98.

Bacon out...

When we were playing LSU, I could have sworn somebody paid Spencer Tillman to gush about HDN. He was just giving him more man love than a new inmate gets in prison. Anybody else notice that?

hognelson

yeah, he was all over him.  It was making me sick.   :-\

whatsshakinbacon

He'd look "special" on that Colorado sideline.  It would be a huge loss for Arkansas - just when we were about to turn the corner! ;D

Bacon out...

MajorHog

lots of uncertainty about CO.  Barnett now telling ESPN he hasn't been told he's gone:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2250872

please Colorado - sacrifice yourselves and your program to save Hog football!  HIRE NUTT!

and yes, in two years I can print up black shirts with gold letters that look a lot like a current red shirt with white letters....
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

Razorback Jedi

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: rHOGer on December 07, 2005, 10:23:09 am
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on December 07, 2005, 10:21:17 am

But if they're looking for someone to "clean up" their image, i.e. the prostitues and the female kicker circus, he DOES initially protrude that image they may be looking for...

"he DOES initially protrude that image they may be looking for..."

You, sir, have a way with words.

DisplacedHogFan

This could be total crap, but I've noticed several of the pro-Nutt journalists and media types are starting to say they wouldn't blame HDN if he went to Colorado. Not "HDN isn't going anywhere", but "we wouldn't blame him"...Interesting....that's not to say he's going but apparently there is more substance to the rumors than originally let on...

silvertip

December 07, 2005, 10:58:00 am #73 Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 11:04:10 am by silvertip
Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on December 07, 2005, 09:48:08 am
They would neither confirm / deny that Barnett is out and Nutt is on his way in, as of 9:40 this morning.

This is in contrast to their saying yesterday, late afternoon, that Barnett is their coach and that the Nutt to Colorado rumor was nothing more than that and the first word they had heard of that was when we spoke.

My how things change with Nutt and any situation he's involved in. To Nebraska, To LSU, To Colorado, it's a roller coaster.

I'll know more from Colorado soon.

I know we had this same conversation yesterday about Sexton. I'll just put this opinion out there for public consumption. Don't need a reply.

I think Colorado SID department and Sexton both lied to you. They'll stare you straight in the telephone & lie to you next time as well. The first time you will hear the truth from Sevton or CO SID is after they have already had a press release about the situation. Good luck.

HogHillbilly

Who cares what anyone over there is being told as long as they take him !                   And lets hope and pray that none of them read this board !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

WindyCityHog

ESPNNews is reporting Barnett is OUT....as a fact.

hogfankb

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:56:39 am
This could be total crap, but I've noticed several of the pro-Nutt journalists and media types are starting to say they wouldn't blame HDN if he went to Colorado. Not "HDN isn't going anywhere", but "we wouldn't blame him"...Interesting....that's not to say he's going but apparently there is more substance to the rumors than originally let on...

Examples? I would feel much better about this rumor if some of the guys that are paid to be politcally correct start spinning the other way.

ReturnToDynasty?

http://footballrumormill.com/Scoop.htm

Some corroboration to the rumor of Houston going to Colorado.

Since 1894

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 07, 2005, 10:59:53 am
ESPNNews is reporting Barnett is OUT....as a fact.

But then they quote barnett this morning stating that all of this is news to him and that no one from the University has contacted him about a buyout.

Who knows?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

WindyCityHog

It's running on the bottom of the screen in the "Breaking News" section....Say he will not be retained.....

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on December 07, 2005, 11:01:07 am

Mariucci to CU?  No way. 

Bacon out...

hognelson

Let me know when Nutt's name is scrolling that he will be gone.   ;D

hogfankb

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 07, 2005, 11:02:50 am
Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on December 07, 2005, 11:01:07 am

Ha i bet the CU fans are saying the same about Nutt to CU or Butch to arkansas.
Mariucci to CU? No way.

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 07, 2005, 11:02:25 am
It's running on the bottom of the screen in the "Breaking News" section....Say he will not be retained.....

probably using this as the source:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3285822

Too many specifics in this article for it to not be true.

Bacon out...

PiggoBitttys

So far that's the only article saying he's gone though. Other legit places have cited it as the reason they think Barnett is gone. At this point, I'd just prefer more than one article stating it.

Of course, it's a longshot Nutt ends up there anyway.

Bogustus

Nutt to Colorado has been started on Florida message board by a South Carolina fan.  Interesting take be Mich State, ND and Florida fans.

http://florida.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=865&tid=64147268&sid=&style=2

cityhog

Barnett won't be able to withstand a 3 game season ending losing streak, and will be dismissed, as HC at Colorado.  Not that this matters to us, because I sadly believe Nutt will still be here next year.  What does make me angry is that CU has the cahones to say we need to go in a new direction, even though he lead them to 2 consecutive division titles.  They want to better than division champs.  Man wouldn't it be nice to have a school that wa that comitted to being better?  Here's the link on the Barnett article, btw.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AstCvR.u9gGwXXVjEnxyPD0cvrYF?slug=coloradobarnett&prov=st&type=lgns

WindyCityHog

Colorado and "cajones" don't belong in the same sentence together.  Barnett should have been axed when the sex-scandal broke out, amongst other things....

PiggoBitttys

whatsshakinbacon

COLORADO NEEDS A COACH - QUICK!

I didn't think about the fact that Colorado is playing in a bowl later this month - they will need a coach to come in very very quickly.  If HDN goes they will likely have to make an announcement today or tomorrow.

Does anybody know if Nutt is in F'ville today?

Bacon out...

glidsy

My post gets taken down...Guys it is true HDN will be hired by CU.  I know the facts are true, and I have a very credible source.  Let's give a big welcome to Mr. Butch Davis and the one and only Gus.....Can you say Mustain!!!

Hogs958

Dude...we've heard these all before. We heard them all day yesterday...dont start crap just for the sake of starting it....but I hope its true

Since 1894

Quote from: glidsy on December 07, 2005, 11:41:11 am
My post gets taken down...Guys it is true HDN will be hired by CU.  I know the facts are true, and I have a very credible source.  Let's give a big welcome to Mr. Butch Davis and the one and only Gus.....Can you say Mustain!!!

First Post - Welcome to Hogville.  FYI If you want this to stay up here, you will need to site your sources or provide some links.  If you can't, a Mod may delete this post.

holman24

I have heard the same thing from many people in Colorado and the Air force Academy Coaching staff as well

hognelson

Now the Air Force is involved also.  Man, this is weird.

hognelson

I hope this is true though, I want him gone and Butch in as HC!
Bring back the glory days of Hog Football   :razorback:

Razorback Jedi

Boared

I hate you all and your false rumors for getting my hopes up.

glidsy