Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've enjoyed sparring with you guys...

Started by NuttsSacked, November 15, 2005, 11:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttsSacked

but it's time for me to bow out.  This board is doing me about as much good as the Political Board was and I gave that one up over a year ago.

I no longer need the "latest" Razorback news or headlines.  I'll let my local Mobile Register sports staff determine what is or is not news worthy with regards to the Hogs.  Lord knows you can't depend on the Arkansas media to give you a straight story these days. 

Granted, I may get two day old news, but by then it will be factual.

Since its conception, this board has provided a safe haven for those in opposition to Nutt and the direction he's taking the Razorback football program.  For that I am grateful.

Fact is, I'm tired.  Tired of the constant excuses and rhetoric from those that think all is well with the program under Nutt's guidance.   

All the "Why would anyone come here?" and "Who would take the job?" BS has beaten me down.  Hogsanity and TulsaHawg win.  They can keep their man Nutt and I hope everything works out for all concerned.

As for me, I'm an SEC fan now.  An SEC fan that's going to purchase Auburn season tickets next year.

Ya'll take care and good luck.               

BigHog396

Quote from: NuttsSacked on November 15, 2005, 11:58:43 pm
but it's time for me to bow out. This board is doing me about as much good as the Political Board was and I gave that one up over a year ago.

I no longer need the "latest" Razorback news or headlines. I'll let my local Mobile Register sports staff determine what is or is not news worthy with regards to the Hogs. Lord knows you can't depend on the Arkansas media to give you a straight story these days.

Since its conception, this board has provided a safe haven for those in opposition to Nutt and the direction he's taking the Razorback football program. For that I am grateful.

Fact is, I'm tired. Tired of the constant excuses and rhetoric from those that think all is well with the program under Nutt's guidance.

All the "Why would anyone come here?" and "Who would take the job?" BS has beaten me down. Hogsanity and TulsaHawg win. They can keep their man Nutt and I hope everything works out for all concerned.

As for me, I'm an SEC fan now. An SEC fan that's going to purchase Auburn season tickets next year.

Wow!!!  Way to stick with your team and be a fan.  Just another bandwagon type, whether you want to admit it or not.

HogFansReunited

I am not quiet to the point of giving up on the team.  If Nutt does get another 2 years well....I will join you NuttsSacked.  I am tired of watching the team that I love lose and nothing being done to correct them.  We have an opportunity to get much better leadership for the team but we choice to ignore it and let things keep going down hill.  Nutt has only shown one thing.....he can't coach on the D 1 level.  Although I don't really agree with you switching teams I do understand not wanting to watch the hogs for a little while.  I will never root for another team but I might not be watching the hogs play next year.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

geoffhog

You know what they say about not letting the door hit you.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

hogsanity

November 16, 2005, 10:57:53 am #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 11:01:15 am by hogsanity
but it's time for me to bow out. This board is doing me about as much good as the Political Board was and I gave that one up over a year ago.

I no longer need the "latest" Razorback news or headlines. I'll let my local Mobile Register sports staff determine what is or is not news worthy with regards to the Hogs. Lord knows you can't depend on the Arkansas media to give you a straight story these days.

Since its conception, this board has provided a safe haven for those in opposition to Nutt and the direction he's taking the Razorback football program. For that I am grateful.

Fact is, I'm tired. Tired of the constant excuses and rhetoric from those that think all is well with the program under Nutt's guidance.

All the "Why would anyone come here?" and "Who would take the job?" BS has beaten me down. Hogsanity and TulsaHawg win. They can keep their man Nutt and I hope everything works out for all concerned.

As for me, I'm an SEC fan now. An SEC fan that's going to purchase Auburn season tickets next year.

SO, you are tired of hearing all the things you listed above and you are running away, yet you expect those who disagree with you to what, change or leave?  Message boards are not meant to be havens for ONLY ONE SIDE of something. 

As I have stated often, i do not care who the HC is next year.  My defense of HDn has much more to dow ith the personal attacks on him.  The name calling, the " HDn has Bo under his desk licking his balls" stuff.  Especially though are the " I could do better than HDn" comments coming from people who have never coached anywhere but the Playstation.  What gets me more than anything though are the attitudes just like your of " If people dont agree with me they are losers and I will just leave " type posts. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PiggyBack

I sure hope you guys don't work in crisis prevention.  Here is a man on the ledge and you are pushing him off.  I for one think there may be hope.  The fan base is getting wise to HDN's sales pitch and even if he is here for a couple more years I don't think the fans are going to stay complacent.  Don't go.  We need your voice to counteract the lies and limp-wristed arguments of the huggers.  (I think I might start calling them the French)  Most semi-intelligent folks who have been walking upright for more than six months can see what you and I and all the rest of the "haters" see.

BTW-Huggers, you should be ashamed of yourselves for propping up this ridiculous coach and his song-and-dance.  Perhaps you are comfortable with mediocrity because then nothing is expected of you.  What a terrible way to go through life.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

JDHogg

It's sad when someone reaches their point.  I sent back my season tix last year.  2004 was my last season.  I am waiting for Houston to go because I can't take seeing the Hogs get slaughtered.  It physically hurts.  Unfortunately, I still don't think the Athletic Dept gets it. 
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

HogsRule

Good Riddance. I won't miss your negativity, there's plenty of people in here with your view to pick up the slack. and if you don't watch next year, you might miss one hell of a show.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

brooks74

Why quit on a team when you don't like the coach. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HogsRuleand if you don't watch next year, you might miss one hell of a show.

How many years have we been saying that now?

I'm starting to lose count.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogDodging

Quote from: brooks74 on November 16, 2005, 11:39:21 am

Just how else is someone to protest?  All this blather about "at least show up to support the players" is getting old.  The only thing that will get the attention of the Razorback Foundation is a drop in ticket sales.
And, continuing to buy tickets, but leaving the seats empty, does not make a statement.  The seat is sold, the RF has their money.  They don't care if you don't show up.
I, for one, will not renew my tickets next year if Nutt is still the coach.  No longer will I spend filet mignon money for a salisbury steak coach.

brooks74

i don't have season tiks and go to 1-2 games a year, b/c of where I live, job, and finances.  I am saying it is dumb to quit cheering for a team because you don't like the coach.  Not everyone on here gives money to the university.  DeepShoat if that is what you need to do, do it, just don't tell everyone else they suck and are wrong b/c they don't agreee with you.

Dyerhog

Whatever happened to quietly riding off into the sunset?  If you don't want to support the Hogs, read the board, buy tickets, support the foundation--just do it--the rest of the world is likely not that interested or impacted.

Hog Bounty Hunter

If Nutt is still here next year I will walk away with you, I can't support a program who would have this guy for a coach.  I have known what he is a lot longer than a lot of you as I have seen him in action.  This guy is bad for the state, the University and the program. He lies to recruits, alienates HS coaches both in Arkansas and other states, he makes up excuses constantly and then his arrogance comes out like it did last weekend. He should be ran out of town on a rail,in fact it should of already happened long ago.  Nolan was mistreated by this university, there is no way he was treated equally with Nutt.  If I could testify on his behalf I would.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Dyerhog on November 16, 2005, 11:53:56 am
Whatever happened to quietly riding off into the sunset? If you don't want to support the Hogs, read the board, buy tickets, support the foundation--just do it--the rest of the world is likely not that interested or impacted.

someone who's posted in her 1300+ times is a familiar face.  It's good to know why someone is leaving, even if you don't agree about the reason he leaves.  I can't say I blame him for having enough.  But I'd NEVER buy AU tix!

preacherhog

Dude, I understand the frustration - but Auburn?????  That hurts bro.

JDHogg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 16, 2005, 11:46:10 am
Quote from: brooks74 on November 16, 2005, 11:39:21 am

Just how else is someone to protest? All this blather about "at least show up to support the players" is getting old. The only thing that will get the attention of the Razorback Foundation is a drop in ticket sales.
And, continuing to buy tickets, but leaving the seats empty, does not make a statement. The seat is sold, the RF has their money. They don't care if you don't show up.
I, for one, will not renew my tickets next year if Nutt is still the coach. No longer will I spend filet mignon money for a salisbury steak coach.

How dare you insult Salisbury steak!!  At least a person can tolerate Salisbury steak and it will keep you going.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Call Mr. Sow

Being born and raised in NWA, I really don't have the option of just giving up on my Hogs, no matter what sort of vile, incompetent goofs are running the show.  And football will always be my favorite sport, so it's not like I can just concentrate my attention on other sports.  So it looks like I'm here for the long haul (well, maybe not this board...if the current censorship trend continues).

I'm still trying to figure out how to reconcile my fanship with the fact that the program on the hill is not about wins and losses any more.  I suppose some day there might be a coup on the BOT.  Frank might die off some day, and the program could start trying to win football games again.  And I'll be here when that happens, too.  But it can no longer an expectation from me.  Frankly, expecting wins isn't fair to me or the players, who are giving their all with essentially no direction and no real chance to win within the current system.

The program at this point has become more like a soap opera than anything else.  We can keep looking forward to happier times ahead, but just before we get there, there's sure to be a fire, some evil twin show up, or an inopportune fumble to bring it all crashing back to earth.  And those happier times will then be another year away.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I guess I should just start trying to enjoy the ride, rather than worrying about the fact that the driver doesn't care about where I want to go.  Anybody know how to do that?  I don't...but I think maybe alcohol is the answer.

HawgWyld

Quote from: JDHogg on November 16, 2005, 11:04:47 am
It's sad when someone reaches their point. I sent back my season tix last year. 2004 was my last season. I am waiting for Houston to go because I can't take seeing the Hogs get slaughtered. It physically hurts. Unfortunately, I still don't think the Athletic Dept gets it.

I doubt you're alone in that. I haven't been to a game since the 2000 season and won't bother going again until Nutt is gone.

Cornhogio

Well, bye.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Theolesnort

Well Nutsacked don't worry to much I am still here to rub Hogsanity's and Tulsahawg's noses in it when they deserve it. ;D  In a serious vein of thought though, how the powers that be have determined among themselves that they are going to save Houston Dale from himself just baffles me. How can you save a man from his own incompetence and prop him up and as I understand the plan and  bring in a very strong staff then isolate him in such a way that he is not supposed to be able to mess it up. Why go to that trouble when you can hire someone to do the job himself? Amasing! Yet I am hoping beyond all reason that they know what they are doing. ???
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

GorillaJMonsoon

How long would you stay with your wife if she was cheating on you? Would you just keep asking her how her day was when you got home and found her in bed with another man? How long would you keep your dog if he bit you everyday?  Would you keep buying him the expensive dog food and getting rabies shots? How long would you keep paying your cable bill if the only channel you could see was the WB?  There comes a time when enough is enough.  I might disagree with his decision to stop following the hogs, but I certainly can understand where he is coming from.  I have decided not to invest in the program as it is at the moment but I am still a Razorback fan, and always will be.  Blind allegience is still blind.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 16, 2005, 11:05:31 am
if you give up too then you are buying into the negativity and will miss the good things that are to come....with or without nutt

See I was going to say he's taking his ball and going home.  But you said it much better.  Once a quit-er always a quit-er.

cityhog

I think maybe what he is saying is "gee, it sure would be nice to see a thread about the upcoming BBall season, or how DVH just signed his best class to date".  I want Nutt gone, but the S.O.S on this board gets tiresome.  Talk about beating a dead horse.  That being said, I don't blame the dude.  I have been a hog fan 35+ years, know a lot of people who have been hog fans 50 + years, and I have never, EVER seen such unrest in the Hog nation.  Something is indeed rotten in Denmark.  I think the insults of quitter and bandwagoner are unjustified because there are MANY long time hog fans who have seen this once proud program brought to it's knees by a native son and that hurts.  BAD!  Not to be to political, but this is akin to those in a certain political party, continuing to support a questionable leader in the face of all that is wrong wrong wrong. 

mikeirwin

Bye.

FtheDarksiders

You will be missed...can you take a few more of the guys on this site with you?? 

DOGALUM

Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 02:42:03 pm

You will be missed...can you take a few more of the guys on this site with you??
Oh....I'm sure he can score you some Auburn tickets as well fthedardsiders.  :)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

FtheDarksiders

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 16, 2005, 02:42:49 pm

Oh....I'm sure he can score you some Auburn tickets as well fthedardsiders. :)

Nah, my HOG tickets are just fine.  I was stating that he should take a few more of these cry babies with him on his way out....

DOGALUM

Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 02:46:18 pm
Quote from: DOGALUM on November 16, 2005, 02:42:49 pm

Oh....I'm sure he can score you some Auburn tickets as well fthedardsiders. :)

Nah, my HOG tickets are just fine. I was stating that he should take a few more of these cry babies with him on his way out....
Yeah...I got it.  But being a "darksider" myself, I thought I'd take a shot at you since you think I  should be f'd.  :)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

WILL CLINTON

If the people who want a change for the better are crybabies, what do you call the people on here who are blindly loyal to a coach who was not loyal to the program when he was a player, was given a 2 yr free pass and proceeded at the end of the first year to tell LSU offer and I will come, and constantly makes bad personnel, time management decisions and then acts like white sox after they won the world series this year after beating Ole Miss, and who took us to this low:
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Since 1894

Good Bye and come back and see us some day.  You know were we live!!!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

FtheDarksiders

Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 02:56:03 pm
If the people who want a change for the better are crybabies, what do you call the people on here who are blindly loyal to a coach who was not loyal to the program when he was a player, was given a 2 yr free pass and proceeded at the end of the first year to tell LSU offer and I will come, and constantly makes bad personnel, time management decisions and then acts like white sox after they won the world series this year after beating Ole Miss, and who took us to this low:

Realists??  They understand college football and understand that every program has down years.  They understand its hard to pull in the best talent every year when other college coaches are saying..."don't go to Arkansas b/c they are in trouble with the NCAA", or understand a win is still a frickin win no matter if is is over Ole Miss or LSU. 

brooks74

Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 03:31:45 pm

Realists?? They understand college football and understand that every program has down years. They understand its hard to pull in the best talent every year when other college coaches are saying..."don't go to Arkansas b/c they are in trouble with the NCAA", or understand a win is still a frickin win no matter if is is over Ole Miss or LSU.

Oh boy, here we go again.  Go ahead and move this to the Vent b/c it is getting ready to get ugly

WILL CLINTON

Realists?? They understand college football and understand that every program has down years. They understand its hard to pull in the best talent every year when other college coaches are saying..."don't go to Arkansas b/c they are in trouble with the NCAA", or understand a win is still a frickin win no matter if is is over Ole Miss or LSU.

So the people on here that understand that Houston is not getting it done and actually have facts to back this up don't know anything about college football?  It seems to me, that the people who think that some little fairy is going to come into Houston's house and sprinkle good coaching dust on him, and that next year he is going to be able to do something more than the other 7 years when he had 3 classes with at least 2 x's better talent than the team he is going to have next year, don't know anything about college football.  By the way, nice job of dodging every point I made except for the beating the Ole Miss point.  But since that is the best win all season, that is what all you huggers are hanging their hat's on this year.  In all this mess between the huggers and the darksiders, none of the huggers can argue any of the facts that are brought up as to why Nutt should go.  Every darksider has facts and figures and stats on their side, you know realism, and all the huggers can go on is "feelings" and "faith" that Nutt is going to wake up next August and somewhere, somehow, learned how to coach.  Something that he hasn't been able to do yet.  That is realism at its best. 

whatsshakinbacon

The funny thing is that the Nutthuggers think they've won a battle if HDN stays.  You may win a battle but lose the war of having a competitive program....

I understand leaving the board, cheering with a little less enthusiasm, and caring about wins or losses a bit less.  Until the BOT rolls over and we show a commitment to a top tier program I'll refuse to be that big of a fan myself.

But for now, I'm actually relieved to know that the next couple of falls will be spent with my family, looking forward to duck season, and enjoying friendships that are based on more than watching mediocre football...

Bacon out...

FtheDarksiders

Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 03:41:55 pm

So the people on here that understand that Houston is not getting it done and actually have facts to back this up don't know anything about college football?  It seems to me, that the people who think that some little fairy is going to come into Houston's house and sprinkle good coaching dust on him, and that next year he is going to be able to do something more than the other 7 years when he had 3 classes with at least 2 x's better talent than the team he is going to have next year, don't know anything about college football.  By the way, nice job of dodging every point I made except for the beating the Ole Miss point.  But since that is the best win all season, that is what all you huggers are hanging their hat's on this year.  In all this mess between the huggers and the darksiders, none of the huggers can argue any of the facts that are brought up as to why Nutt should go. Every darksider has facts and figures and stats on their side, you know realism, and all the huggers can go on is "feelings" and "faith" that Nutt is going to wake up next August and somewhere, somehow, learned how to coach. Something that he hasn't been able to do yet. That is realism at its best.

Since when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football??  Seems like you are just good and copy and pasting things.  If you pull in talent that is rated less than the other teams you are playing against then, you are expected to not be as good.  Nutt has done more with less is how I see it.  Post all the stats or records you want but if you can't bring in better talent than the people you are playing then you will struggle.  And an NCAA investigation DOES make a difference in recruiting.  He is being judged on an unfair playing field....

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FtheDarksidersSince when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football??

Since when does supporting a 3 or 4 win team make you knowledgable on college football??

If I play you 11 times, and only 'eek' out 3 or 4 wins, then I suck.

It's not just statistics and opinion, it's reality.

Nutt's performances/antics would have gotten him fired within 4 seasons at any other respectable college football school.  They wouldn't have even thought twice about it either.  They would have analyzed the situation, fired him, and (here's the kicker) they wouldn't have thought twice about it.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 03:52:56 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 03:41:55 pm

So the people on here that understand that Houston is not getting it done and actually have facts to back this up don't know anything about college football? It seems to me, that the people who think that some little fairy is going to come into Houston's house and sprinkle good coaching dust on him, and that next year he is going to be able to do something more than the other 7 years when he had 3 classes with at least 2 x's better talent than the team he is going to have next year, don't know anything about college football. By the way, nice job of dodging every point I made except for the beating the Ole Miss point. But since that is the best win all season, that is what all you huggers are hanging their hat's on this year. In all this mess between the huggers and the darksiders, none of the huggers can argue any of the facts that are brought up as to why Nutt should go. Every darksider has facts and figures and stats on their side, you know realism, and all the huggers can go on is "feelings" and "faith" that Nutt is going to wake up next August and somewhere, somehow, learned how to coach. Something that he hasn't been able to do yet. That is realism at its best.

Since when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football?? Seems like you are just good and copy and pasting things. If you pull in talent that is rated less than the other teams you are playing against then, you are expected to not be as good. Nutt has done more with less is how I see it. Post all the stats or records you want but if you can't bring in better talent than the people you are playing then you will struggle. And an NCAA investigation DOES make a difference in recruiting. He is being judged on an unfair playing field....

So, when Nutt had top 10 in the country talent at O-line, Secondary, and Linebackers, one of the most gifted athletes in the past decade playing QB, a pretty decent RB tandem, he therefore should not have lost to Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss since we had better talent, right?  Isn't that what you were saying, better talent means you should win?  And we have better talent than Vandy, and South Carolina, but we still lost.  What happened?  And for the umpteenth billion time, someone show me what players we lost due to the "cloud" that made a difference anywhere? 

I thought that coaches were judged based on W's and L's.  Since every other coach in the country is judged based on that playing field, and obviously that doesn't factor into his being judged at the U of A, or he would be gone, I guess he is judged on a "special" playing field.  I bet there are coaches all over the country that would love to be judged on HDN's playing field, that way they could screw around and lose as many games as they want and never worry about being fired.  Oh, I forgot, playcalling AND WINNING are overrated. 

HogDodging

November 16, 2005, 04:08:07 pm #38 Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 04:11:27 pm by Deep Shoat
Since when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football?? Seems like you are just good and copy and pasting things. If you pull in talent that is rated less than the other teams you are playing against then, you are expected to not be as good. Nutt has done more with less is how I see it. Post all the stats or records you want but if you can't bring in better talent than the people you are playing then you will struggle. And an NCAA investigation DOES make a difference in recruiting. He is being judged on an unfair playing field....

Prove it.  Please quantify your statement.
I guess win/loss records don't count?  What about Nutt's win/loss record versus teams with a winning record?  What's his winning record in Fayetteville?  What's his bowl record?  What's his record against Top 25 teams?
Those are all easily backed up.
What cannot be backed up is using the stupid NCAA investigation excuse as a reason for his lousy job performance.
I especially like the "Nutt does more with less" excuse.  Here's a tip for you:  It's Nutt own fault he has less.
And, don't forget, We lost to Vandy at home!

How many signons does Bo have?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 16, 2005, 04:08:07 pm

I guess win/loss records don't count?  What about Nutt's win/loss record versus teams with a winning record?  What's his winning record in Fayetteville?  What's his bowl record?  What's his record against Top 25 teams?
What cannot be backed up is using the stupid NCAA investigation excuse as a reason for his lousy job performance.
I especially like the "Nutt does more with less" excuse. Here's a tip for you: It's Nutt own fault he has less.
And, don't forget, We lost to FREAKING Vandy at home!

Had to fix that for you.   ;D

HogDodging

Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 04:13:51 pm
Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 16, 2005, 04:08:07 pm

I especially like the "Nutt does more with less" excuse. Here's a tip for you: It's Nutt own fault he has less.
And, don't forget, We lost to FREAKING Vandy at home!

Had to fix that for you. ;D

Thanks.  I didn't know the UBB code for doing that.

cityhog

When was the last time we ended a season ranked in the top 5, 10, 20, 25???????  I can see calling us crybabies if we were consistently ranked year in and year out (like we used to be), and we fell from the rankings for one or two years.  But are you really calling people who remember an annually ranked program crybabies because we have an issue w/ not being ranked at the end of the season since...???

If wanting HDN gone is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

PiggyBack

Quote from: cityhog on November 16, 2005, 04:18:14 pm
When was the last time we ended a season ranked in the top 5, 10, 20, 25???????  I can see calling us crybabies if we were consistently ranked year in and year out (like we used to be), and we fell from the rankings for one or two years.  But are you really calling people who remember an annually ranked program crybabies because we have an issue w/ not being ranked at the end of the season since...???

If wanting HDN gone is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

you are wasting your time trying to talk sense to these people.  "I love that helmet" and crap like that is more important than wins and losses.  Besides, feelings are more important than facts to huggers.

PerryHog

30 wins and 33 losses.
Nuttjob's sec record.

PiggyBack

Quote from: PerryHog on November 16, 2005, 04:28:19 pm
30 wins and 33 losses.
Nuttjob's sec record.

see my above post.  you are wasting your time pointing out the obvious to the huggers. 

whatsshakinbacon

Funny how the huggers came out of the woodwork once they found out HDN will likely be back next year....  All the special helmets and bouncing around in the world wouldn't change the fact that Nutt has done a poor job of supervising our inept football team this year. 

I'm a darksider until I see a new head football coach or a 10 win season in which HDN relinquishes 80% of the playcalling to an OC who knows what he's doing.

Bacon out...

PiggyBack

Yeah, the huggers try to talk about some ficticious bandwagon that all of us are supposedly jumping off of and I don't get it.  "IFYOUDON'TAGREEWITHUSTHENYOUAREN'TAREALFAN"  Man, that is getting old.

BTW--Bacon, end this phrase:  "You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese ............"

clemensrules01

if we lost every game for the rest of my life...i'd still be a hog fan and go to every game i could.  i want nutt fired and i want to win REALLY bad. but i'd never stop being a razorback fan.

HogsRule

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 16, 2005, 04:05:25 pm
Quote from: FtheDarksidersSince when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football??

Since when does supporting a 3 or 4 win team make you knowledgable on college football??

If I play you 11 times, and only 'eek' out 3 or 4 wins, then I suck.

It's not just statistics and opinion, it's reality.

Nutt's performances/antics would have gotten him fired within 4 seasons at any other respectable college football school. They wouldn't have even thought twice about it either. They would have analyzed the situation, fired him, and (here's the kicker) they wouldn't have thought twice about it.

4 seasons. You mean the first 4? Frankly I am proud that we are not like the Nebraskas of the world who pull a coach because they have no patience. I respect the loyalty we have shown to a coach who pulled us from 8 years of being nobodies to competing with the best teams. I gladly give him next year to turn it around in thanks for the years ( sometimes parts of years ) where I was proud again to be a hog fan. That being said- Next year better be pretty damn good.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

tophawg19

and as for less talent hell if that's the case do like everybody else go out and get better talent . do a better job recruiting and evaluating these kids . as for nutt sacked he has realized that the ath. dept. doesn't give a damn about the fans or teams as long as stupid fans keep saying we are doing the best we are capable of and nutt's the best we can get nothing is going to change . these are the fans who leave the games saying oh well we tried and did our best vandy just has a better recruiting base and we can't compete with that . Alabama only beat us because we have been under investigation . forgetting the fact that they had far worse sanctions and theirs came after ours . we beat ole miss what a match up of 2 great teams forgetting the they suck even worse than we do maybe . how can you account for the fact that we are approaching the 100 worst teams in america for Ark. that is unforgiveable but not to some here . no matter how low we go it will be THE BEST WE CAN DO AFTER ALL WE ARE ARKANSAS .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins