Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Lee

Started by hogfan186, October 13, 2005, 01:14:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan186

I think David Lee would be a great head coach.  He has head coaching experience at UTEP.  He would bring in a pro passing attack.  And I read in the newpaper that he worked with Mitch all summer so you know Mitch would stay with the Hogs. 

Go Hogs

e_dub

where's this guy coaching now?

rricha

Swino

Gimme a bottle of anything and a glazed donut....

TO GO

Oh, sorry wrong David Lee. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

mikeirwin

Quote from: hogfan186 on October 13, 2005, 01:14:46 pm
I think David Lee would be a great head coach. He has head coaching experience at UTEP. He would bring in a pro passing attack. And I read in the newpaper that he worked with Mitch all summer so you know Mitch would stay with the Hogs.

Go Hogs
You failed to mention why he left UTEP. He's had his stint as a head coach and it didn't work out. He's better off where he is.

mikeirwin

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 13, 2005, 02:28:26 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on October 13, 2005, 02:15:08 pm
I think David Lee would be a great head coach. He has head coaching experience at UTEP. He would bring in a pro passing attack. And I read in the newpaper that he worked with Mitch all summer so you know Mitch would stay with the Hogs.

Go Hogs
You failed to mention why he left UTEP. He's had his stint as a head coach and it didn't work out. He's better off where he is.

who would you like to see in charge Mike?
Pete Carroll but I don't think he's available.

Jim Harris

Go Hogs

oh please, the goober won  three games at UTEP in three years. He sucked, there, where friggin' three guys since have won and two have moved on to bigger and better things. You've finally managed to come up with a name that I'd say, "No [CENSORED] way, keep Nutt."
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

DevilHog

David Lee would not be a very good choice. I also don't know where the idea of the "pro passing attack" comes from. Lee was offensive coordinator for Hatfield at Rice, and was brought in here to teach the option. I we change coaches we need to make an improvement.

Jim Harris

October 13, 2005, 06:36:36 pm #8 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 06:43:29 pm by drakehog
Quote from: DevilHog on October 13, 2005, 02:33:28 pm
David Lee would not be a very good choice. I also don't know where the idea of the "pro passing attack" comes from. Lee was offensive coordinator for Hatfield at Rice, and was brought in here to teach the option. I we change coaches we need to make an improvement.

absolutely. David Lee took John Fourcade, who was supposed to be a passing wiz, and turned him into mostly an option running QB at Mississippi who had a penchant for mistakes at the absolute worst time. He coached Kent somebody or another, the last name has blanked out of my head, right after that, same thing. Then, when Nutt hires him, the bio reads like he's some Norm Chow creating Carson Palmers, when in actuality he was an option coach.
I'm sure he has a handle on how a quarterback should set up and pass, I have no problems with him being a position coach, and I'm sure he's given some good tips to Mustain, as Lee was a pretty good quarterback in his own right at Vandy. But this idea that he's some passing game guru is nuts.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

nwarazfan

October 13, 2005, 07:49:37 pm #9 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 07:55:14 pm by nwarazfan
You want a Cowboys asst, hire Sean Payton.  He'll probably be a head coach one day though in the League.  Mo Carthon, former player and asst under Parcells,  may not be a bad choice either except he is an old Indian and will also likely get an NFL head job someday so may not be interested in college.