Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are U "DARK IRWIN"........Bo called Mike the "dark" spot

Started by CorningHog, October 13, 2005, 11:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

I finally listened for a while to the Bo & Mike show and had to laugh at the fun poked at fans that think Irwin would like to clock Bo in the face.  Bo was really agging it on to Mike and it would have been funny if you heard a sound like a microphone falling or something and Bo saying, "Dang Irwin, you have a pretty good backhand", and Irwin saying, "I always have wanted to do that".

Anyway, the "Dark" Irwin jokes and Irwin admitting that he is on that side, was good.

All in all, I think Mike just points out things that all of us want to hear said.  He never sugar coats it, which is fine with me.  Now, we can all get over the top and teeter on the edge of being "eaten up" with the Razorback stuff.

One thing about the Herring quote and the fact that Arkansas is the "first" real team Auburn will have faced, Georgia Tech is better than Arkansas.  So we may be the 2nd one.

Another thing, "Hey Bo, quit saying we should have won the game against Alabama!"

I was at that game in person, we may have led 3-0 in the beginning BUT...........from there

Drive 1: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 2: 9 & out= Punt
Drive 3: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 4: 8 plays from Bama's 44= FG  Bama's defense wins this one YOU HAVE TO SCORE A TD here!
Drive 5: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 6: 7 plays don't convert on 4th down at Bama's 33 yd line, HALFTIME: Bama 7 Ark 3
Drive 7: 1 play fumble turnover by RJ blindside sack
Drive 8: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 9: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 10: 3 & out= Punt
Drive 11: 2 plays, McFadden 70yd run TD; Bama 17 Ark 10
Drive 12: After a blocked punt put the ball on the 11yd line of BAMA, 4 plays & a FG, 1 yd gained  Bama 17 Ark 13
Drive 13:  4 plays & an interception by RJ  SCORE 24-13
Drive 14: 14 plays for 60 yds, Bama's Defense playing soft prevent, Monk misses endzone pattern to end the game.

Take 142 yds of offense by the 70yd run by McFadden and our rushing totals go from 255 to 149 total net yards rushing, go take 39 rushes into 149 and it is 3.? versus 5.9 yds per rush.  Also, take the 60 yds gained when the game is not in doubt and Bama in a prevent and you see our offense dwindle to a meager 176 yards on 52 plays.  THIS IS THE SNAPSHOT OF THE GAME I SAW!

Granted, it was nice to see our defense show up, but Bama missed on several occasions and I think they took some of the "risk" out of their gameplan and playcalls by avoiding the passing attack coupled with a good effort by the Hogs "D".

The Arkansas offense had only its freshman backs and it was obvious that Bama knew about them for the most part.

Bama could have won this one 38 to 6 or worse.  We were NEVER about to WIN this game!

A blocked punt on the opponents 11 yard line and a resulting FG pointed at the "closeness" of winning this game!

We are still weak on offense without a complimentary passing game across the middle and deep as well as putting the ball squarely in the freshmen running backs hands!

I will hold out my final thoughts on our offense after Auburn!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"