Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Closing Statement

Started by JamesWParks, October 12, 2005, 09:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesWParks

I didn't mean to make anyone upset or start any arguements.  We're all Razorback fans, we all should be able to get along, I'm sorry I caused an uproar on my previous topic.

I don't hate Arkansas, not at all.  Just disheartened by what is going on with Broyles and Nutt.  I feel they're taking a big part of my life and just ripping it to pieces.

Don't fight Arkansas fans, it's a rough time.  Hopefully the athletic department will care and recognize that a change is needed, and maybe things can get better.  Hang in there, let's not start yelling at each other.

I can't believe this is happening.

Go Colts, Go Hogs

hogken

Where were you when i was getting pummeled?
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

TulsaHogFan

Watching you make a fool out of yourself.....

riccoar

Support Nutt or not, we all are Razorback fans.  Even on our worst day we can still look up, because at least were not Arkansas State fans.

hogken

one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

TulsaHogFan

Yea i know, i love to be able to run around and make whatever comments i want, without anyone correcting me.

Hog Bounty Hunter

October 12, 2005, 09:47:50 pm #6 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 08:04:58 am by Hog Bounty Hunter
Quote from: JamesWParks on October 12, 2005, 09:33:58 pm
I didn't mean to make anyone upset or start any arguements. We're all Razorback fans, we all should be able to get along, I'm sorry I caused an uproar on my previous topic.

I don't hate Arkansas, not at all. Just disheartened by what is going on with Broyles and Nutt. I feel they're taking a big part of my life and just ripping it to pieces.

Don't fight Arkansas fans, it's a rough time. Hopefully the athletic department will care and recognize that a change is needed, and maybe things can get better. Hang in there, let's not start yelling at each other.

I can't believe this is happening.

The sad part is this, a lot of the fans don't think we can do any better because they have never witnessed us doing better.  Folks I have seen a time when the Hogs were considered college footballs elite, on of the top 10 programs in the country.  It was that way for a long time, at least until after Lou left.  The Hatfield years were also very good.   This crap about not being able to recruit is Bull crap, it is another excuse. Don't you buy it for a second, demand more and you'll get more. 

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

October 13, 2005, 02:32:28 am #7 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:07:12 am by U.S.S. Razorback
Ohhhh I remember when I was 19.  Hang in there guy. 

My first game was in 1969.  Admittedly, I was a little tike for the first one, but I have been through the mill lately with the rest of you.  We have a rich history at Arkansas and I hope we will be at the top Natioanlly again soon. 

As far as someone choosing a new team to follow, there are two things would make me leave the fold.

1.  If I ever gained my self worth vicariously through these 18 year olds on the field/court/diamond/etc . . .

At age 39, it I were to wake up and think "I just cannot go into work and face my friends" because the Hogs dropped one to Vanderbilt, it is time to make a few changes.  Not that I was not upset in this example mind you.  I was angry, but at the state of the program more than than the loss to opponet "X".  There is nothing wrong with those feelings. 

While the players are working their butts off for a championship (even with the minefield of coaches that they have to deal with to try and attain their goal), it is entertainment to us in the stands.  Ohhhh it is a hummdinger of a ride when it is going good and aggravating as hell when it is like it is now, but at the root it is entertainment for the people in the stands.  I want the boys to win.  I want to be competetive.  I want to be entertained.

While I live in Tennessee, Arkansas is "home" . . . and I want home to do well in all regards.  In truth though, when you look in the paper sunday morning and think "we" won or "we" lost, "we" didn't do squat.  "We" only have to goto work like every other day and be productive so we can afford tickets to the next game.  The real we, the players, are in the trainers room getting treatment while we are drinking coffee and stuffing sausages down our pie hole. 

I am not saying to not be passionate about your favorite team.  Yell, scream, stomp, do anything you wish at the game apart from the wave.  At the end of the night though, remember it is just a game.  Keep this in mind and life will treat you a little better.

2. If Nolan would have been rehired . . .

My head would have spun around twice and exploded.

This was more than "a game."

I was pro Nolan UNTIL he won the National Championship.  The wheels started coming off the wagon when he started running his mouth even more than what we had been accustomed too to that point. 

Pay a man millions of dollars, build him a palace to call home court, have a base of some of the best college fans in the nation cheering his game, players, and himself, National sports media pounding the door down to cover your program and still have him whine about racial issues at Arkansas.  Oh yeah . . . "the man" was really holding him down.  I think he really and truely wanted to be fired to stir crap up.  If the University had caved and reenstated him . . . that would have been all I could have stomached.  It is a stand on principle, not coaching ability or wins and losses. 

Why is not firing Houston in the list?  It's becasue the program is bigger than any one coach or staff (and that is not in conflict with the Nolan comment).  Coaches, good or bad, come and go for various reasons.  I like Houston as a person from what I have been able to gather.  That does not enter into my wishing he would move on though.  I want to be entertained.  He just is not getting it done.

Look, the University is in the entertainment business.  They are a University and of course edjucate the players, but they are providing a service to us fans.  As paying customers are we not to expect a better product?  Does it take the younger fan base bailing to support a "winner" to  make changes to improve the program?

Sorry for typing NOLAND . . . My friend here has that name and it is a habit.  It has been edited.