Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lunney over Malzhan

Started by HogHeathen, October 12, 2005, 12:51:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHeathen

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 12, 2005, 06:08:30 pm
Heathen - are you not creative enough to come up with your own tagline? I appreciate the admiration of mine, but Heathen out...?

Bacon out...

I thought that might get your attention! LoL  Just messin with ya!  ;)

HogHeathen

Quote from: bwcole on October 12, 2005, 09:55:13 pm
I have been around the 5-A west (it was the 4-A west too) since 82. I am a Fayetteville grad. Malzahn is THE best high school coach I have ever seen. I went to the Fayetteville-Springdale game and the Russellville-Springdale game. His entire operation is one of organization and knowledge. Not once was there a player out of position, or a time out called because the wrong personnel was on the field. Gus runs a GREAT program, and the Hogs desparetely need his organizational skills as well as his offensive mind. If you haven't been to a game he has coached, shut up about him until you have.

THE HOGS NEED THIS GUY!!!!

How many times did Southside kick Fayettevilles ass when you were there.   This is too easy....

HogHeathen

Special Delivery Jones

Early in Lunney's career he was offered quite a few chances to coach college ball not too mention some of the most prolific high school jobs in the country.  He is doing what he wants to do.  The decision to stay in high school ball does not change the amount of knowledge he has about the game.  It is just that some coaches have a desire to move on to the next level.  It is nothing more than a personal decision.  Gus may be great on the next level or he may flop.  Who knows?  As far as the screen passes with Slick last year.  Sometimes you have to do what personel allows you to do.  By the way his record against Malzahn heads up 3-2.

bwcole

Hogheathen,  you are an idiot.  What is too easy??  We kicked Southside's ass 2 out of my 3 years in high school,  including a 20-0 stomping in my junior year when Fayetteville was conference co-champs with Springdale,  which was our only conference loss that year. 

All I said was that I have seen a bunch of coaches in the 4A and 5A west and that Malzahn is the best I have seen.  Lunney???  Good coach but not anywhere near the level as Malzahn.    Post something that makes sense next time.  Or,  you can just continue to be wrong.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 13, 2005, 07:39:31 amYou ever notice how noone ever agrees with you and that you are always wrong?

Oh, so I'm wrong for not buying into the hype of an overrated high school coach?

Stick to something you know about, like fricking other men's wives.

HogHeathen

Quote from: bwcole on October 13, 2005, 09:57:55 am
Hogheathen, you are an idiot. What is too easy?? We kicked Southside's ass 2 out of my 3 years in high school, including a 20-0 stomping in my junior year when Fayetteville was conference co-champs with Springdale, which was our only conference loss that year.

All I said was that I have seen a bunch of coaches in the 4A and 5A west and that Malzahn is the best I have seen. Lunney??? Good coach but not anywhere near the level as Malzahn. Post something that makes sense next time. Or, you can just continue to be wrong.

It's easy to call people names behind a keyboard big boy.  You have know idea who your talkin to.  be careful. 

Now to reply to your comment....What is Lunney's overall record against Fayetteville?  Again, tooooo easy...

HogHeathen

I've noticed some of these post's getting a little personal....remember we're all Hog Fans!!!  And,  You never know who your insulting....Be careful and play nice people....

bwcole

October 13, 2005, 11:59:00 am #58 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 12:26:37 pm by bwcole
Sorry Mr. Heathen,  no disrespect intended.  I will withdraw my "idiot" comment because it is personal.  Now to the rest of your comment, (and by the way I don't care who you are)   talking about Lunney's record over Fayetteville is like talking about HDN's over La Monroe.   I don't care if you think Lunney is a better coach then Malzahn,  even though you would be wrong.  Lunney is a good coach.  Malzahn will be a great coach. 

And oh by the way,  nice one with "big boy".    And earlier in this thred when you called someone a smarta$$.  That wasn't personal.

bwcole

Also,  I do agree that we are all Hog fans.  Thank God for that!!   (I respect anyone that is a Hog fan,  even if I disagree with them)

HogHeathen

Quote from: bwcole on October 13, 2005, 11:59:00 am
Sorry Mr. Heathen, no disrespect intended. I will withdraw my "idiot" comment because it is personal. Now to the rest of your comment, (and by the way I don't care who you are) talking about Lunney's record over Fayetteville is like talking about HDN's over La Monroe. I don't care if you think Lunney is a better coach then Malzahn, even though you would be wrong. Lunney is a good coach. Malzahn will be a great coach.

And oh by the way, nice one with "big boy".

You have missed the entire point of the thread...

Let me clarify...I think Gus is a great coach! I think Lunney is a great coach!  Should they be considered for positions on the next level...Yes!   Should and could they be compared to one another?  Yes, in some instances.

But, my overall point to you SIR (is that better?) is that there is a lot of hype surrounding Gus's program because he has 5 (yes 5) D-1 prospects and arguably the #1 HS QB in the country to work with.  Gus/Lunney would like like a coaching star with that talent on a team.  There, do you see what i'm saying now?

HogFather

bwcole

Heathen,  I get what you are saying.  There is a lot of hype because of the "Springdale 5".  But they still had to be taught the system,  as did the WHOLE TEAM.  And seeing the whole team operate under that system is what is impressive.  You are right that Lunney would do well with the 5 prospects,  he is a good coach. 
I believe Malzahn to be a better coach.  My opinion,  and also many others. 

By the way, since I  "don't know who I am talking to", and I should "be careful",   should I watch my back or something??  I don't get it.

HogHeathen

bwcole

gosh,  you are so clever.  you don't respond to the real point of the comment.  I guess I was right the first time.