Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone heard if Hancock gets to play for the Diamond Hogs?

Started by CorningHog, October 11, 2005, 09:36:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

The pitcher who signed with the Rockies?  Did that get resolved yet?  Haven't heard anything on here or missed it I guess.

Is he still awaiting the NCAA ruling on his appeal?
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: CorningHog on October 11, 2005, 09:36:24 pm
The pitcher who signed with the Rockies? Did that get resolved yet? Haven't heard anything on here or missed it I guess.

I haven't heard or read anything, but it seemed so clear cut to me that is wasn't even worthy of an appeal.  He signed the pro ball contract.  Case closed.  I don't care if he never "cashed the check".  Sure I would have loved to have had him as a pitcher for the Razorbacks, but he chose another path.  He needs to abide by his decision and shouldn't be whining to the NCAA because he changed his mind.  I hate the NCAA as much as anyone, but these rules are in place for a reason and the NCAA publishes what the policies are for prospective college athletes.  There is no one to blame for this but the kid and his parents.

HogFather

Quote from: CorningHog on October 11, 2005, 09:36:24 pm
The pitcher who signed with the Rockies? Did that get resolved yet? Haven't heard anything on here or missed it I guess.

He will not be able to play NCAA at any level.  Could go to NAIA or something else.  Rumor has it he is enrolled in a juco in Texas.  Go to www.Hognation.net.  This is an excellent Razorback baseball site.

CharlieHog

Thanks for the plug, HogFather. I haven't heard anything about Hancock.

If anybody wants to see pictures from yesterday's FWS game:

http://hognation.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=baum&action=display&thread=1129090097

Oliverhogman

CharlieHog,
Is the FWS still going on.  If not do you know which team won it?

HogFather

Quote from: Oliverhogman on October 12, 2005, 03:31:12 pm
CharlieHog,
Is the FWS still going on. If not do you know which team won it?

The if necessary games would be today and Thursday I believe.  http://hognation.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=baum&action=display&thread=1128546025
Baseball Sets Dates For Fall World Series

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas baseball Fall World Series has been scheduled to begin at noon on Saturday, Oct. 8, at Baum Stadium.
     The series is a best three-out-of-five game format between two evenly matched teams chosen from the Razorbacks' 41-man roster.
     The second game of the series will be played at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9, at Baum Stadium. The team will take Monday off before returning to the field on Tuesday, Oct. 11, at 3 p.m. for game three.
     Game four will be played if necessary at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 12. If the series is tied at two after four games the decisive game is scheduled for 3 p.m. on Oct. 13.
     The games are free of charge and open to the public. It will be the last chance for Arkansas' fans to see the Razorbacks play at Baum Stadium until the 2006 home opener against Louisiana Tech on Thursday, Feb. 23.

World Series Schedule
Saturday, Oct. 8                                   Noon
Sunday, Oct. 9                                      6 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 10                                   OFF
Tuesday, Oct. 11                                  3 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 12 (if necessary)         3 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 13 (if necessary)            3 p.m.

PintailKiller

According to a scout close to the situation, Hancock screwed himself.  The Rockies don't really want him back now and his appeal will be denied.  his only hope is to get traded and find a new start.  The young man made a bad decision and is now paying the price. 
PS - How could he not know it is a business and those guys are fighting to "make it"?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Brewerfan10

The white team won behind pitching of Nick Schmidt today at 3. The series is now 2-1 Black I think.

CharlieHog

The series is tied 2-2. Deciding game 5 will be tomorrow at 3pm.