Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005-2006 Basketball Predictions

Started by hogfan13, October 11, 2005, 06:48:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

October 11, 2005, 06:48:03 pm Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 06:53:27 pm by hogfan13
I think will go 22-7

http://www.stanheath.com/schedule.htm

AND YOU

Bomis Hawg

10-11 OOC wins.  I say 10-6 in the SEC will be ideal.  I'll go with 20-21 wins.  They HAVE to win one or two in the SEC Tournament.

21-8 + 1 or 2 SECT wins.  I think that would be the perfect record for me.  A plus side NCAAT seed would be perfect, 7 or 8.  I'd almost rather be a 11 seed than an 8 or 9.

Bomis Hawg

Well, 329 teams end the season on a non-winning note, while 64 teams end up eliminated from the NCAA tournament.  So, that is realistic for most teams. ;D

At this point 1-1 in the NCAA tournament would be a good start.  Good foundation for the upcoming class to help bulid on.

corndo

I think anything less than 20+ wins would be somewhat of a disappointment.

lumphog

I think we will have SOMETHING to be proud of this year. A trip to the dance with a WIN or two.Something to look forward too. GO HOGS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jblack19

I think we will take the SEC W, lose the SECCG, then head off to the dance for 2 rounds. Heath gets contract extension.  :razorback:

Gman

I think our record will be similar to last years.  We have a pretty tough NC schedule this year.  Even though we will be a better team, it may not equal more wins.  But hey, they may suprise us, glad to see one of our teams moving in the right direction..

Gman

Having said that, a record like last year with this schedule should equal an NCAA bid.

Tomhog™

I hope for atleast 18-19 wins.  Schedule will be a LOT tougher this year than last.  We should play much better in conference and compete against every team we play.  We are NCAA bound!  WOO HOO!

juke

LA HAWG

My prediction is 19-10 regular season with a couple of wins in the SEC tourney.  NCAA tourney bid for sure. 

Razorback53

I think they will have around 24 wins 2 in the sec tourney...a 5 seed in the NCAA tourney and a sweet 16 apperance

MJ2

With Montel Heath - 15 wins

With Nolan Apollo Creed- 24 wins

Major league underachieving year and Heath is washed away by the April showers. 

I smell something Broyling!!!

DevilHog

18-11 as a guess. I hope we do better than that. I do believe that will get us an NCAA invite. Once that starts it is all in who we draw. I think we will close the season stronger than we start it (a change from last year). GO HOGS.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: MJ2 on October 12, 2005, 12:07:02 pm
With Montel Heath - 15 wins

With Nolan Apollo Creed- 24 wins

Major league underachieving year and Heath is washed away by the April showers.

I smell something Broyling!!!

If you're talking about the '94-'95 Nolan I might say yes. Unfortunately, THAT Nolan gave way to the embittered Nowin of 2001-02 who would have a tough time breaking even with THIS team.

We SHOULD have 20 wins prior to the NCAAT and hopefully WIN one or two in the Tourney. Whether or not that happens still remains to be seen.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

toshortrock

its been long enough,i like Health,and its time now,its been long enough,we have be in the  20;s with wins this year,no questions
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

tophawg19

with questions at point guard and shooting guard still not settled my 1st question is where does the scoring come from . 2 . who do we have who can break the zones 3 . can the big guys step up and play on the inside . 4 will hill finally help instead of hurt the team offensively .5 will the team quit again this year ? 6 . will the coaches quit on the season again this year ? 7 will the zone and inbound plays kill us again this year ? if we find answers to these the season could by good . if not it will be a long year . also how will the chemistry of the team be ? this is an awful lot of questions to be answered with a tough schedule . 18 wins , 12 losses would be good .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PintailKiller

18-12 wins and a sweet 16 appearance.  I do think Heath will get the job done. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

jblack19

Quote from: UAGrad95 on October 12, 2005, 05:13:21 pm
Quote from: ConwayHog on October 12, 2005, 04:48:40 pm
20 wins.  Glad to see Mr. Pessimistic (UAGrad) is back.    :puke:
UAGrad

Pessimistic = Realistic.   They are not good.  They are not well coached. 
I cant see how you can say that. Theres been nothing but improvement each year. Check out the numbers again. 20+ wins and dancing to the 2nd round.

jblack19

Quote from: PintailKiller on October 12, 2005, 06:30:13 pm
18-12 wins and a sweet 16 appearance.  I do think Heath will get the job done. 

18-12 wins?

Hog1751

Quote from: UAGrad95 on October 12, 2005, 12:58:25 pm
I think we go something along the lines of 16-12.

Noncon record will be 9-3, with losses to UConn and Zona/Kansas in Hawaii, and another loss to Knight's tejas Tech team. We should handle Misery in BWA, but that is surely no guarantee. The rest of our Non-con teams are so lousy, we should beat them all by double digits, though at least one will put a serious scare into us and maybe even pick us off.

Best case scenario in SEC play is 7-9.

Starting on the road at Mississippi State is not good news. Regardless of how bad they are, no way we win there. Heath's teams are awful on the road and will find a way to lose. Next is LSU and Vandy at home. I believe we'll split these, with LSU being the obvious choice for us to win. That's just based on the bad blood between the two programs. We'll be flat against Vandy and lose by double digits. Start the conf 1-2.

Then a road trip through Alabama, taking on the Tide and Plainsmen in back to back games. No way we win either of those. SEC record moves to 1-4.

Ole Miss at home is the cure for what ails us, so we move to 2-4, but then a game at Rupp and a loss by 25 brings us back to Earth with a thud. 2-5

We win 3 of our next 4, including our first road win at Oxford. We beat South Carolina and Auburn at home, while losing in Baton Rouge. 5-6.

But the optimism is short lived when Florida and Bama come into BWA and pimp-slap us for consecutive home losses. 5-8.

The 3 game losing streak continues when Tennessee moves our record to 5-9 with a thorough beating at Knecksville before a crowd of 3,200. But we finish strong on Senior night, beating Mississippi State in BWA and going on the road and winning in Athens, for a final SEC finish of 7-9.

That is good enough for the #3 seed out of the west in the SECT. We lose first round there AGAIN. Nice knowing you, Montel. SEE YA!

This is the most idiotic rambling post I have ever seen on a message board. We went 18-12 last year and played most of the teams really well, especially at home. We will go 11-1 or 10-2 in non conference play and either 11-5 or 10-6 in conference play, we will lose in the sec title game and probably make it to either the s16 or the elite 8. How in the hell could you think we will be worse than we were last year. Garbage absolutee friggin garbage.

Hog1751

PintailKiller

Quote from: jblack19 on October 12, 2005, 09:51:59 pm
Quote from: PintailKiller on October 12, 2005, 06:30:13 pm
18-12 wins and a sweet 16 appearance. I do think Heath will get the job done.

18-12 wins?

18-21 wins.  Guess the fingers got crossed.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

clemensrules01

we have best record in the nation and lose to ucla in the national championship ;)