Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broyles denies ppv to Auburn Network

Started by Stamford Hog, October 05, 2005, 08:31:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stamford Hog

Not that its breaking news, but it is the ultimate paradox.  Frank is not allowing ppv broadcasts when we don't sell out our stadium.  However if the team was worth a damn, most likely it would be a sellout and it would be picked up for tv, making ppv a non issue.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2005/10/05/razorback_central/sections/top_stories/03uafbbroyles.txt

Hog6

I hope Auburn guys somehow get Broyles to change his mind.

Chief Mac

Add this to not firing Nutt and it is easy to see why some people think it's time to present JFB with his gold watch.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Cornhogio

I don't understand this.  When the stadium's got 20k empty seats, PPV would be a perfect excuse for Nutt and Kool-aid Frank.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

cityhog

I would like to send out a great big "thanks!" to the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD!  Thanks for leaving thousands of empty seats for a freakin conference game, once again denying those of us who live out of state a televised game. I don't blame JFB one bit.

Buford T. Justice

Only 1,100 seats left.  Auburn network offered to buy them so they could get the PPV.  Frank still turned them down.

Buck Ocean

This morning Mike talked about the last ppv back in 93 against SC.  I remember it.....local fans struggling to find someone who was going to have it.  There was a flood of people to the cable company who wanted the ppv but they didnt have boxes.  Im pretty sure that there ended up being a shortage of the boxes.  I did get to see it on the otherhand.  Broadcasted just like any other game, but there was more to it behind the scenes so to speak.
Think like a Jedi

HogFather

Quote from: cityhog on October 05, 2005, 12:03:20 pm
I would like to send out a great big "thanks!" to the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD! Thanks for leaving thousands of empty seats for a freakin conference game, once again denying those of us who live out of state a televised game. I don't blame JFB one bit.

It's not our fault some fans are too good to live in Arkansas.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HogFather on October 05, 2005, 12:14:20 pm

Some of us have other obligations that preclude us from being able to attend games in Fayetteville.  Given my choice, I would go to every game where ever it is.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

cityhog

Quote from: HogFather on October 05, 2005, 12:14:20 pm
I would like to send out a great big "thanks!" to the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD! Thanks for leaving thousands of empty seats for a freakin conference game, once again denying those of us who live out of state a televised game. I don't blame JFB one bit.

It's not my fault Arkansas can't provide an adequate job market to keep me there. 

krack1925

it is not my fault that the hogs suck so much that i choose to pay rent rather than go to the game.... if we were having a great year I would pawn stuff to go.... but we are not.  I do not feel the least responsablity to buy a ticket when the managment of the team dosn't try.   

BTW i really am that broke but even if I wasn't i am not sure I would go.... I think I might "wait till next year"

alwaysondbigscreen

you should it is NOT the fans fault that we suck. winners sell out stadiums losers dont. YES i will be there with my family taking up 6 seats, but im a masochist.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

artyhog

Frank has done this before when there was not a sell out.

B Ray

Just so you know"YOUR WELCOME", I can say that since I'm one of the greatest fans in the world, if my Arkansas coach wants to do his job half-ass, don't expect me do do mine  better than the coach. Until ,something changes on the HILL ,you can expect that it will get worse, and if you think , that when I write my check to the Razorback Foundation that I'm thinking of you ,you are one stupib sucker, and If Arkansas can't give you a better paying job, you should be able to fly your cheap ass here and bring a group ,since their will be extra tickets. You decided to move away, you win some (pay) you lose some (RAZORBACKS) ,Just deal with it. I have been to every game except USC, and trust me ...you won't miss a damn thing...if you feel you'll miss something ,stick in a tape from a previous game and it will be the same OLE darn...

HOGSnDOGS

Well said B Ray.  Reminds me of that old saying, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing onver and over but expecting different results"  That is NumbNutts mantra.

cityhog

I didn't say I moved for a better paying job.  Arkansas doesn't provide jobs in my field.  I'm not rich so I CAN"T fly back to see a game.  I know they suck this year, but I get so sick of hearing the best fans in the world schtick when we can't even sell out the 5th smallest stadium in the SEC for a conference game.  And I thought people in the NE were elitist.  JEEZ!  I'm sick of losing too, but it would be nice to see a game every now and again.

B Ray

Quote from: cityhog on October 05, 2005, 05:43:15 pm
I didn't say I moved for a better paying job. Arkansas doesn't provide jobs in my field. I'm not rich so I CAN"T fly back to see a game. I know they suck this year, but I get so sick of hearing the best fans in the world schtick when we can't even sell out the 5th smallest stadium in the SEC for a conference game. And I thought people in the NE were elitist. JEEZ! I'm sick of losing too, but it would be nice to see a game every now and again.
If you think small, you get small and admit it ,we have small NUTTS ;D

Philip Seaton

Broyles doesn't want to keep adding fuel to the fire. He already has enough pissed off fans. Image shelling out $39.99 (or whatever it would be) and watching another butt kicking. You get mad enough listening to the game but add shelling out some bucks and watching it at home.
By the way, we have had PPV since 1993 — a couple of times.
Also, don't knock the fans for not going if the Hogs were good enough it would be on free tv.

lunchbox72703

You all kill me.....only 1100 seats left?  What happen to all the Nutt-Haters boycotting the games? 

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 05, 2005, 09:20:03 pm
You all kill me.....only 1100 seats left? What happen to all the Nutt-Haters boycotting the games?

Dude, just because tickets were sold doesn't mean they will be used and probably AU will taking up those tickets, because they have a decent fb team to watch.

lunchbox72703

Man, I've been to every home game for the last three years, and believe me, those tickets do go.........there are enough people selling and buying outside the stadium to turn a profit for the UofA for a long time to come.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 05, 2005, 09:31:35 pm
Man, I've been to every home game for the last three years, and believe me, those tickets do go.........there are enough people selling and buying outside the stadium to turn a profit for the UofA for a long time to come.

Hey genious, exactly how does the buying and selling of tickets OUTSIDE the stadium profit the university?  Has Broyles hired scalpers?

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 05, 2005, 09:31:35 pm
Yeah all those season ticket holders wanting to get rid of their tickets.   They know when to abandon ship unlike some of you.

the donger

I guess he is a Humanitarian. He wants people to be able to watch REAL football on other channels without pukeing and wasting their money.

Razorback Jedi

Is it for sure that the Hogs/Allbarn game is not on TV?