Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What IF we moved to the Sunbelt or CUSA?

Started by The UnderHog, September 18, 2005, 01:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The UnderHog

Really, I am not saying we should, but what would happen overall if we did? - I think it would engender some excitement to play ASU every year and would cut down on costs - we wouldn't have to worry so much about losing a few recruits to them because our schedule wouldn't be so tough - we play a lot of the Sunbelt teams anyway - if in the CUSA, we would have some old rivalries back with the 2nd tier Texas schools and also have Tulsa - who says we need to be "nationally" on par with the big boys - seriously, just because we used to be doesn't mean we have to strive for that forever - I know folks don't like to think about dropping in prestige, but it seems to me we are already there - (at this point, I certainly don't mean to equate the suffering of the people in New Orleans with football, but they may decide it's not worth sinking so much $ and effort into a city that was not in good shape to begin with and risk another catastrophe, why do we "have to" risk so much to have a "big time" football program) - what's wrong with downsizing? - we would know that we were in most games and it might be just as fun - of course, moving to one of these conferences would affect our other sports and not being in the SEC would likely cause us to miss on many a recruit - if we are not getting them anyway (I know, Mustain and a few others are awesome, but we do miss on plenty), then why not be a bigger fish in a smaller pond (I am sure most folks outside of the state view us as small fish anyway (I know that many Hog fans have the mentality that we can hang with anyone anytime though or at least want to prove that we are second fiddle to no one, I am that way myself, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth it) - anyway, just some out of the box thinking on a very sad day for the Hogs - The UnderHog