Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boo Williams

Started by Tammany Tom, August 18, 2005, 04:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammany Tom

I know that Boo was an Ex-Hog, so I thought you might enjoy reading this.

I met Boo Williams, personally, for the first time on Tuesday evening. My youngest son is playing Pee-Wee football (9 & 10 yr olds) and Boo is one of the coaches. We had evaluations Tuesday & Wednesday night and Boo was right in the middle of things all night long. I thought that it was quite remarkable that here is a guy that is in the middle of Saints training camp working his butt off all day long and he takes the time to run around a football field & work with young kids for two hours both nights. He was very patient and very instructive with every kid that he worked with. He was extremely nice and polite and I enjoyed talking to him about the Saints outlook this season.

The Hogs have been pretty good to the Saints over the years sending us pretty good players in Steve Korte, Wayne Martin, and Boo Williams. All three players have been very good to the NO community and I thought that I would let you know that Arkansas produces not only good football players, but good guys as well.   

SultanofSwine

Well, to be honest we come down and catch your redfish and trout, we haul back insane amounts of cheap crawfish and shrimp and even if we have to leave someone behind we always make room for a pile of andouille, so I would say that make us still be ahead a little. ;)

Seriously, good story and thanks for sharing. Tell Boo we all said WPS!!!

Bomis Hawg

Glad Boo is doing everything right.  Hopefully, he'll be able to keep his spot on the team and work into the offense.  Is Haslett a lame-duck or can he salvage his job?

Dr. Leonard Ford

I heard Boo had an injury, but I hope he can play.

Feralhog

August 18, 2005, 04:35:17 pm #4 Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 04:49:12 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: Tammany Tom on August 18, 2005, 04:06:58 pm
I know that Boo was an Ex-Hog, so I thought you might enjoy reading this.

I met Boo Williams, personally, for the first time on Tuesday evening. My youngest son is playing Pee-Wee football (9 & 10 yr olds) and Boo is one of the coaches. We had evaluations Tuesday & Wednesday night and Boo was right in the middle of things all night long. I thought that it was quite remarkable that here is a guy that is in the middle of Saints training camp working his butt off all day long and he takes the time to run around a football field & work with young kids for two hours both nights. He was very patient and very instructive with every kid that he worked with. He was extremely nice and polite and I enjoyed talking to him about the Saints outlook this season.

The Hogs have been pretty good to the Saints over the years sending us pretty good players in Steve Korte, Wayne Martin, and Boo Williams. All three players have been very good to the NO community and I thought that I would let you know that Arkansas produces not only good football players, but good guys as well.

I guess your son is lucky that Boo came to Arkansas to have his character shaped instead of say, LSU!  ;)

Seriously, that is impressive.  Boo must love kids and the game to be that involved. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on August 18, 2005, 04:30:38 pm
I heard Boo had an injury, but I hope he can play.

He didn't look injured to me (He was moving around pretty well), didn't say anything about an injury, and I haven't heard anything, but I don't really know for sure.

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 18, 2005, 04:24:07 pm
Is Haslett a lame-duck or can he salvage his job?

I thought Haslett should have been fired two years ago, but, unfortunately, Tom Bensen didn't ask me for my opinion. I have no idea if he is lame-duck or not, but with the talent we have had the last 3 years and nothing to show for it, he should produce play-offs this year or be fired immediately after the last game of the season.

Boo is currently the 3rd tight-end on the depth chart and has proven himself over the last few years. He seems very optimistic that he will make the team, but the NFL is very good about making veterans feel pretty good up to the moment the hammer comes down.

BigPapaHawg

Good story about Boo, I'm glad to see that he takes the time out of his busy schedule to give back to the community.

GO HOGS!    :razorback:
WOO PIG

snoutface

Tom, you're making it way to difficult for me to dislike everything and everyone associated with LSU.  Are you sure you don't want to cross over from the darkness and into the brilliant light of the Hogs?  Or at least make some derogatory statement about the direct lineage of me and my wife...  Help me out, man!  Oh, btw, thanks for the update on Boo- he's one of my favorites. 
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

TulsaHogFan

Boo was a wasted opportunity in my opinion.  We should have used him so much more, but hey we take what we have.  Great story on Boo, i have always followed him and have loved seeing him on Sports Center.  I am just surprised at the notion that he is competing for his job.  Always thought he was a lock.

DirkPiggler

Got to admit I'd never have expected that.  My memories of Boo Williams from Arkansas primarily consist of his chest pumping after catching a 7 yard out (all we threw back then) while we were getting our asses kicked.  He seemed like a "me first" player as a Hog.  Glad to hear that perception isn't reality, or that he's matured as he's gotten a bit older.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn