Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting, humorous "Ask Vic" Q&As from today on the Jags website

Started by Hog6, August 17, 2005, 09:03:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog6

Todd from Pineville, NC: Who is the better quarterback, Matt Jones or Peyton Manning? How about running back, Walter Payton, Jim Brown or Matt Jones? Who do you think was our nation's greatest founding father, Thomas Jefferson or Matt Jones?
Vic: I'll go with Brown and Jefferson, for sure. Manning is definitely the better quarterback, but Jones might give you the chance to win the big one.

Jon-Claude from Harrison, AR: Sorry you "can't take it anymore." That's disappointing. You will have to learn to understand that the Jacksonville Jags just inherited a whole state when they drafted Jones. We bleed Razorback Red, and if it is an annoyance to you, perhaps you are in the wrong line of work. Your salary is paid by the fans one way or another, correct? To say we are badgering you is a little harsh. We are proud of Matt Jones and now we are proud to be Jaguar fans. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I don't expect this to be printed, but I do hope you understand that we are just glad to see Matt playing for a team like the Jaguars. Have a great season. I'll keep reading.
Vic: I once knew a guy who bled to death from a paper cut.

Since 1894

If Vic (the D_ck) is getting tired of Arkansas fans, I think he needs to hear from a whole lot more of us.  I think I will go to his web site and pay him a visit.

I love being annoying - thanks for the post.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Calvin N Hawgs

I don't go to the Jags website on a daily basis, but I looked at this guys Q & A back to Aug. 11th (the oldest day posted on their site).  There was a question on the 11th asking about MJ's new haircut and then on the 16th he kind of went off on the Arkasnsas fans when someone from LR asked if they might put in a special package for "long tall Jones" at QB.

Doesn't seem like enough to set a person off, but I bet it doesn't keep us Razorback and/or Jones fans from rooting for the Jags! 

clew

Pure as the dawn

TulsaHogFan

I like the guy actually.  He has some humorous responses to some smart ass questions.  Personally i think the first question came from a hogville member. lol

TulsaHogFan

He actually takes it well.  I know they are getting tired of us over there, but hey the better Jones does, the quieter the neysayers are.

Hog6

And the Jags are eating it up in the front office... more revenue.... I guess.

Extra Point

Exactly....more revenue through more ticket sales.  Those new season ticket holders didn't just wake up and decide to attend the games for no reason.

I posted on the Jags board for awhile and just went back over there yesterday to see what was said about MJ's first game.  I was somewhat surprised at how so many admitted Jones fans (i.e. not necessarily Jag fans) were berated.  I agree some of the questions might get old or be ridiculous, but its a freakin' fan site.  Just answer the dang questions or ignore them and move on.

They were talking about MJ on the Falcons board as well.  Apparently, lots of their fans wanted MJ.

Chatted with a guy last night who lives in Jacksonville.  He said Vic was a jackazz before MJ showed up.  I suppose that crap sells for some.

Buff

Quote from: Calvin N Hawgs on August 18, 2005, 08:29:58 am
I don't go to the Jags website on a daily basis, but I looked at this guys Q & A back to Aug. 11th (the oldest day posted on their site). There was a question on the 11th asking about MJ's new haircut and then on the 16th he kind of went off on the Arkasnsas fans when someone from LR asked if they might put in a special package for "long tall Jones" at QB.

Doesn't seem like enough to set a person off, but I bet it doesn't keep us Razorback and/or Jones fans from rooting for the Jags!
but, in that same answer he said he bowed to the glory that is Razorback football