Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fanspoll.com: Pick the 2005 National Champion

Started by TitanTiger, August 03, 2005, 03:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TitanTiger

August 03, 2005, 03:14:15 pm Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 03:36:45 pm by TitanTiger
First of all, I promise I'm not spamming you!  I checked with an admin before posting this and he gave it the go-ahead.   :)  Also, I have no financial stake in this at all.  I just think it's a good idea and would be fun.

Anyway, you guys may remember last year's People's National Championship that kid from Opelika, AL started last year.  It was little more than a lark by an Auburn fan that ended up becoming a much bigger deal than anyone anticipated.    Well, that attention has been channeled into making a truly legitimate poll, voted on by the fans, involving people from numerous Division I-A schools called Fanspoll.com.

From their site:
QuoteFansPoll.com is a web site created to give college football fans the chance to help choose who should be the 2005 Division 1 National Collegiate Football Champion. The web site was actually started in December 2004 when five undefeated teams were left at the end of the regular season and three undefeated teams remained after the bowl games. George Brown, a 17 year old high school student from Opelika, Alabama wanted to develop a simple system for fans to choose the 2004 National Champion after it was evident that the current system did not work. "Since there is already a coach's poll and a writer's poll it makes sense to have a fans poll," Brown says.   

This year we've grown. Fanspoll.com had to grow to insure we included fans from all conferences and to be sure the system is fair for all teams. FansPoll.com has produced 119 individual team web pages on the FansPoll.com site, one for each Division I school. At the end of football season, one fan from each of these teams will win the opportunity to be on our FansPoll Selection Committee representing their favorite team. This qualified, fan based Selection Committee will then choose the National Champion and our other 19 National Championship Awards. It's like a football fans version of an Electoral College.   

As a company we've aligned ourselves with some prominent national corporations who know sports and sports marketing. These partners will get the word out to fans all across the country so everyone will have the chance to participate. Our 2005 version of FansPoll.com will give us a national presence we didn't have time to develop last year. And with our qualified, fan based selection committee making the final choices for our awards, we've made our process far more legitimate than an anonymous web poll that leaves itself open to all types of inconsistencies. This innovative system will enable fans from all over the country to become participants, and not just spectators. We all agree that the best way to crown the National Champion should be on the field with some sort of playoff system. But guess what? We're probably not going to see that happen anytime soon. So we've decided that we?re going to do something about the current system by creating our own.   

There's not much left to say about us except we?re just a bunch football fans tired of not having an opinion about the game we love  Hopefully you'll enjoy FansPoll as much as we've enjoyed creating it and we can all feel like we're part of the greatest game in this country...college football.

Basically, there will be a "pick 'em" contest each week where you'll choose the winners of the week's games.  At the end of the season, the person from each school who did the best in the weekly pick 'em contests for the season will represent their school in the final voting for the 2005 National Champion, giving each of the 119 schools one vote apiece.  And since they had to do well picking games all year, it should be a pretty well informed vote.  They've also done a tremendous job getting corporate sponsors from Chevy to U.S. Airways.

They need fans from all of the Division 1A schools involved and right now, there's a Hog shortage!  It should be lots of fun...and did I mention that you can enter to win a 2005 Chevy Tahoe? 

Check it out:  Fanspoll

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bomis Hawg

Razorback Jedi

TitanTiger

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

TitanTiger

heh.  Nice avatar.

That's great.  Spread the word folks.  We need people from every Div 1A school involved...and we still need more Hogs!

TitanTiger

Just a quick FYI: for those of you who signed up for Fanspoll, the weekly pick'em game is up for Week 1. All you need to do is go to the homepage, http://www.fanspoll.com, login using the same user ID and password as you use on the forums and it will take you to the Arkansas team page. There you can make your selections and submit them. Remember, every week that you submit your picks gives you another entry in the drawing for the Chevy Tahoe as well as giving you a chance to represent the Razorback Nation the final poll.

And if you haven't signed up, there's still time to join up. We'd love to have you!

Bomis Hawg

TitanTiger

Shoot me a private message with the email addy you signed up with and I'll get it activated.