Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News: One Springdale Player Not Going to Arkansas

Started by Matt Turner, July 20, 2005, 06:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

Quote from: Anon2 on July 21, 2005, 01:19:53 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on July 20, 2005, 11:54:57 pm
When will the "HDN is a hell of a recruiter" folks realize the man can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag? He already lost one kid right off of his back porch and I'd be willing to bet that he will lose 2-3 more of them including the most important one in Mustain.

I, for one, find no joy in cheering for another team or being happy for a kid because he chose a school besides Arkansas. You're either an Arkansas Razorback or you're nobody. In this case, Bartley Webb is nobody. Give me a Shawn Andrews or Peyton Hillis that bleeds Arkansas Razorbacks football. Those are the guys I want to see running through the A and representing me as an Arkansan.

Go ahead and smite away because I don't support kids from Arkansas that don't become Hogs. And to those of you crapping your pants because Webb picked Notre Dame, well I guess your Razorback spirit is a little weaker than I thought.

Someone explain to me what else Houston could do to get Webb, and for that matter, the rest of the Sprindale players to come to Ar.? I'm sure he has done everything legal to recruit them. Maybe he needs to offer each one a Hummer.

I think they are recruiting the S-dale 5 as hard as anyone.

But "they" say that we don't always recruit the Arkansas HS kids as hard as we should, more effort is put into the out of state kids for obvious reasons.
" Think Right, Do Right"

mikeirwin

For whatever reason HDN has been soft on Webb all along. He is going to Notre Dame because they recruited the hell out of him. A kid can tell where the interest is. This is not much different from the Slick Shelley situation.

DOGALUM

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 21, 2005, 05:09:16 pm
For whatever reason HDN has been soft on Webb all along. He is going to Notre Dame because they recruited the hell out of him. A kid can tell where the interest is. This is not much different from the Slick Shelley situation.
Except that hopefully, during his senior year, Webb will live up to all the hype.....which is something Slick did not do.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DOGALUM

Quote from: Buck Ocean on July 21, 2005, 04:49:28 pm
QuoteMaybe he needs to offer each one a Hummer.
QuoteWouldn't work......my wife offered me one last night, and I still wouldn't take out the trash

Ok Dog....what if a RAZORBACK BELL offered to give the hummer? That's a "ride" nobody could refuse.
The trash would be on the curb as we speak!  :)

GorillaJMonsoon

July 21, 2005, 08:51:47 pm #104 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:21:49 am by GorillaJMonsoon

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Hogz87 on July 21, 2005, 03:58:15 pm
No, I'm saying grow up b/c you are bashing a 17 or 18 year old kid b/c he made a decision that he thought was best for him.

First off, all I said was that I wouldn't be rooting for him.  Hell, I even said he probably made the right decision.  That's not bashing the kid.  Are you bashing 18 year old kids (from other states) playing for Texas when you aren't rooting for them?

You've made a choice to root against the UofA on this one tiny thing, and I made a choice to take the University's side.  That's it.  That's the entire difference.  No big deal.

GorillaJMonsoon

July 22, 2005, 11:48:34 am #106 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:22:28 am by GorillaJMonsoon

Bomis Hawg

Just trying to remember, wasn't Craig Krenzel had some hard major?  Mollecular biology or something-or-other...  And, I believe Matt Mauck left early for the NFL, but he was also prepared to go to finish schooling to become a dentist.  Both of those are pretty close to those.

For the live of me, I couldn't remember their names -- had to look them up.  And, those names were imprinted onto our brains the last couple of years in college football.

OKhogfan1959

Screw him and Notre Dame!!! I don't wish him well and I don't wish anything bad on him...I don't care about him...Period...Why would an Arkansas fan wish him well at ND? Why? He turned his back on this state..His homestate...he's a traitor..

You gotta be kidding me you're on a Hog board and you wish him well at ND...No way....Why don't you go to a ND site and wish him well...Hog fans will now do the same thing to Webb and his family that they did to us....Screw you.....What do you think dummy? Forget him!!!

junkyardhog

I got another question.  Why in the hell would we want Malzahn if he CAN'T EVEN RECRUIT HIS OWNED darned PLAYERS?!?!

Hogz87

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on July 22, 2005, 05:12:05 pm
Screw him and Notre Dame!!! I don't wish him well and I don't wish anything bad on him...I don't care about him...Period...Why would an Arkansas fan wish him well at ND? Why? He turned his back on this state..His homestate...he's a traitor..

You gotta be kidding me you're on a Hog board and you wish him well at ND...No way....Why don't you go to a ND site and wish him well...Hog fans will now do the same thing to Webb and his family that they did to us....Screw you.....What do you think dummy? Forget him!!!

Hope your proud of yourself bad mouthing a 17 year old kid who made a decision in which he thought was best for himself.  Notre Dame is tradition rich and playing there is alot of high school football players dreams, no matter what state they are from.  Playing for them would be like playing college basketball at Duke, UNC or Kansas.  Get over it, he's not going to Arkansas, big deal!  The kid is from Arkansas so why shouldn't we wish him the best?

TechHawg

Because he's no longer from Arkansas.  He's from Notre Dame.

PiggoBitttys

Webb showed no loyalty to the state of Arkansas, so why should I show loyalty to him? I'm not gonna cheer against him, but I'm definetely not gonna cheer FOR him.

junkyardhog

FYI, the only tradition ND is rich in lately is losing ;)

The rein is over, alter boys!!

OKhogfan1959

Webbs decision was about football...Quit acting like his decision was because of something he probably doesn't care about...He can wear that ND hat around if he wants but I hope some dlineman from Southside or anywhere dominates him...

OKhogfan1959

Hogs87...I'm very proud of myself...Give me a break....He's strutting around in Arkansas with that ND crap and you want to talk about how he's only 17...
Thanks Techhog.....You are right on!

Hogz87

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on July 22, 2005, 09:38:34 pm
Hogs87...I'm very proud of myself...Give me a break....He's strutting around in Arkansas with that ND crap and you want to talk about how he's only 17...
Thanks Techhog.....You are right on!

So what! I "strut" around in Arkansas with a Braves or UNC stuff does that make me a bad person?  And the whole him being 17 or whatever is just showing that it's immature to get on here and badmouth a kid making a decision to better himself.

OKhogfan1959

July 24, 2005, 10:13:48 am #117 Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 07:28:13 pm by OKhogfan1959
Better himself? Maybe  you think that but you're on the wrong board bra!!! I don't think it will better himself...And I really don't care..Are you a close friend of his or something like that...You sure don't seem to be a Razorback fan...We don't get on here and praise a instate kid going to ND...Maybe your just a Webb fan and not really a Hog fan?

GorillaJMonsoon

July 25, 2005, 12:43:36 pm #118 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:23:18 am by GorillaJMonsoon

WilsonHog

I wonder if Webb would still be chastised for turning his back on the state and called a traitor if he had decided to sign with Arkansas State?

DOGALUM

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 25, 2005, 06:51:23 pm
I wonder if Webb would still be chastised for turning his back on the state and called a traitor if he had decided to sign with Arkansas State?
You know he would Wilson..........I'm happy for Bartley, and I wish him great success at ND.  If we play them, I will cheer for the hogs AND for Bartley Webb.  Not for his team to win, but for him to have a good game.  It's possible to do both.  I will, and I AM a Razorback fan.

OKhogfan1959

Dogalum..I was not talking about you...What's going on up there in Springdale? Why are these kids not full of Arkansas pride? I don't understand! That should be born and bred HOG country...For none of them to have commited by now is ridiculous and it scares me....Something is wrong? don't know what but something is not right in SDale?

DOGALUM

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on July 25, 2005, 07:53:49 pm
Dogalum..I was not talking about you...What's going on up there in Springdale? Why are these kids not full of Arkansas pride? I don't understand! That should be born and bred HOG country...For none of them to have commited by now is ridiculous and it scares me....Something is wrong? don't know what but something is not right in SDale?
I agree that it is a bit of a bummer so far......but the game isn't over yet.  Might there be a possibility that the problem isn't in Springdale, but rather up on the hill?  D'Angelo Williams, Slick Shelly(overrated anyway), the boys from Warren.....I can't speak for Webb...or any of these other kids...but there might be a reason we lose some big time in state kids.  Other than crazy kids.  I appreciate having Razorback red in your blood....but who knows what goes into making these decisions. 

Boared

These aren't the glory days of UA football and kids are always going to be following the elite teams, so there isn't that instant loyalty just b/c a kid's from Arkansas. I grew up in Louisiana in the 70's-80's and LSU wasn't the power they are now. Most kids were fans of Colorado, Miami, FSU, ND, Auburn, and Alabama. vs. LA Tech (lived in Ruston) or LSU. Hell, only 2 players on my high school's state championship team went to LSU. 1 went to Auburn (Roymon Malcom) and another went to Nebraska (Charles Green). However, none of them went to LA Tech.

OKhogfan1959

Dogalum...Is the problem Nutt? I am really starting to worry....Any hints? Do they not think he can coach? Is it just a personality thing? Is it the QB coach? Has Houston peed on their dogs? What is the problem?????

sage_dragoon

How quickly we forgot about Jonathan Adams when he went to A-State over UA and Bama...of course, he did nothing until he was a senior.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

DOGALUM

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on July 25, 2005, 10:34:10 pm
Dogalum...Is the problem Nutt? I am really starting to worry....Any hints? Do they not think he can coach? Is it just a personality thing? Is it the QB coach? Has Houston peed on their dogs? What is the problem?????
Oh...I don't know what the problem is.   Just throwing out another possibility.  I've got my opinions as to why we have been losing these kids....but that's all they are.....opinions.