Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News: One Springdale Player Not Going to Arkansas

Started by Matt Turner, July 20, 2005, 06:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

ND would be tough to turn down

Geez, I see us getting 1-2 of the 5 now. Argh.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Macgyver_Hawg

You gonna pull for Notre Dame if we have to play against them while he's on their team?
This isn't golf or Tennis.  This is freakin' football.

He got a scholarship offer.  If he is wise this will be one of the greatest advantages to make a living, even if he's not playing in the NFL.
He turned down my Hogs.  Enough with this "kids" stuff.  These guys can lift a car with me in it.

And if we only rooted for colleges that never pulled an offer or didn't offer in the first place, we'd have no teams to root for.

DOGALUM

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on July 20, 2005, 09:09:06 pm
You gonna pull for Notre Dame if we have to play against them while he's on their team?
This isn't golf or Tennis.  This is freakin' football.

He got a scholarship offer.  If he is wise this will be one of the greatest advantages to make a living, even if he's not playing in the NFL.
He turned down my Hogs.  Enough with this "kids" stuff.  These guys can lift a car with me in it.

And if we only rooted for colleges that never pulled an offer or didn't offer in the first place, we'd have no teams to root for.
Never said I'd pull for them if we played them.  And who knows...if he wasn't from Springdale I would probably feel the same way as you.  But he is...and so am I...so while I'll cheer for the Hogs if we play ND while he's there, I'll also throw out an atta' boy if he pancakes a hog d-lineman every once in awhile. 

Say what you want about his size and strength, but the fact is that he is just a kid.  If my son is blessed with d-1 ability, I promise you I won't put any pressure on his decision just based on the fact that I'm a hog fan.  If that were the best fit for him then so be it. But if not....so be it.  Any dad that thinks differently, IMO, is a turd of a dad that doesn't care much for his son.

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HogDodging

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 20, 2005, 08:19:09 pm
I assume that you ND lovers are Catholic. I can't stand ND. I guess it is a fine school, but they have been given an unfair recruiting advantage via NBC that offends my notions of fair play in collegiate athletics. Consequently, I have enjoyed their recent struggles as much as I have been surprised by them.

Nope.  I'm Lutheran.

Let's be clear on something; I will root for any Arkansas kid to do well, no matter the team he's on. 
EXCEPT if he's playing against Arkansas.  For that game, he is merely a player on a team I want the Hogs to squash.
But, I hold no animosity for someone who chooses to go elsewhere.

CorningHog

I have to agree with MacGyver on this one!

It stinks that a Springdale kid of all things, chooses those stinky rich kids of ND and all that pompous ritual stuff with their team!

He could have made history at Arkansas where his family enjoys living.  Instead, he fell for the trickery and lure of ages old favoritism that gets shown to the spoiled Irish.

Nothing against them but I too think he is a little foolish for leaving the state.  What is his major going to be?  Surely he could have found something worthwile at the UofA.

He probably knows he can't make it in the SEC against the big nasty's!  So go play the slow guys that Notre Dame plays!

GO HOGS!!!!

I agree, leave Webb off any future discussions.  He can look for his name in the Indiana papers!

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

ArkansasI

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 20, 2005, 09:19:51 pm
I assume that you ND lovers are Catholic. I can't stand ND. I guess it is a fine school, but they have been given an unfair recruiting advantage via NBC that offends my notions of fair play in collegiate athletics. Consequently, I have enjoyed their recent struggles as much as I have been surprised by them.

Nope. I'm Lutheran.

Let's be clear on something; I will root for any Arkansas kid to do well, no matter the team he's on.
EXCEPT if he's playing against Arkansas. For that game, he is merely a player on a team I want the Hogs to squash.

Deep Shoat,

I appreciate the reply.  All I was doing was expressing my dislike for the Irish.  In having fun with Hoggy and Dogalum I was implying that the only way they could pull for the Irish (as true Hog fans) is if they are Catholic.

Let's not start a Crusade here.  Peace.

By the way, I still can't stand ND, much less root for them.  I suppose that will all change when my son gets a scholly there.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 20, 2005, 09:19:12 pm
Never said I'd pull for them if we played them. And who knows...if he wasn't from Springdale I would probably feel the same way as you. But he is...and so am I...so while I'll cheer for the Hogs if we play ND while he's there, I'll also throw out an atta' boy if he pancakes a hog d-lineman every once in awhile.

Say what you want about his size and strength, but the fact is that he is just a kid. If my son is blessed with d-1 ability, I promise you I won't put any pressure on his decision just based on the fact that I'm a hog fan. If that were the best fit for him then so be it. But if not....so be it. Any dad that thinks differently, IMO, is a turd of a dad that doesn't care much for his son.

The Razorbacks are a little higher on my favorites list than they might be for you.  Doesn't make you a bad person in my book - nor does it make Webb a bad guy either.  It isn't any different than rooting against a player out of state that turns down the Hogs.

I'm a Steelers fan, but if another team has a Razorback on the roster I'll pull for them over my beloved Steelers.  Whatever helps Arkansas look good.  Sadly guys that leave the state for another college usually don't help their home town or state out from then on.  Webb will be wearing the banner of South Bend.

DOGALUM

Hey brother....I agree with you on almost everything you said there.  Only difference, to me, is the out of state kid thing.  Maybe it's a home town thing to me.  But there is, in my mind, a difference between a New York kid playing for ND, and a Springdale kid playing there. 

CorningHog

What's seriously sad is that Webb did not at least wait until Arkansas has played a few games and he got to be involved in the first true good game at home against Auburn!

Obviously he sees a reason and we will probably hear about it tonight at 10!

Oh well, he probably is just a big old kid who does not like to hit and who knows, it may actually be better for us Hog fans!

I always say, if they do not wish to come to Arkansas, let them go!

They will certainly not be missed after the signing class is gotten and we get the ones who do want to be Razorbacks!

No more about Webb from me!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

mikeirwin

You guys need to chill out. HDN offered the 5 to get the 1. That's how important Mustain is to him. There is only one commitment Hog fans need to worry about and he will be the last of the five to committ. Mustain's decision won't have anything to do with the others.
I predict Arkansas will end up with 3 of the 5 and yes the one that really matters will be a Hog.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 20, 2005, 10:17:58 pm
You guys need to chill out. HDN offered the 5 to get the 1. That's how important Mustain is to him. There is only one commitment Hog fans need to worry about and he will be the last of the five to committ. Mustain's decision won't have anything to do with the others.
I predict Arkansas will end up with 3 of the 5 and yes the one that really matters will be a Hog.

The last to committ? I thought I understood that he was going to annouce here in the next month or so.

junkyardhog

I heard of another who decided to commit to LSU today. Anyone know the name Rick and Rand were talking about it. They then went on to say how really HARD someone would have it trying to come back and live in Ar. Noted that Keith Jackson was the ONLY one in history.

junkyardhog

I agree with the 5 for 1 Mike.

Turnberry

South Bend, Indiana

Weis: "Son, let me show you a few items that are very special to me."
Webb:  "OK Coach."
Weis: "This one (left hand, left index finger) I got back in 90 with the Giants."
Webb: "Wow."
Weis: "That's just the beginning". "These three (pointing to right hand ring finger, right hand middle finger, & right hand index finger) I've earned in the last 4 years".  "Pretty cool, huh?"
Webb: "Wow coach!"
Weis: "Now let's head to the trophy room."

Fayetteville, AR

Webb: "Coach, do you have any rings?"
Nutt: "Sure I do son".
Webb: "Cool."
Nutt: "Here's a couple of our SEC West Champion rings." "One of em we backed into when bama cheated." "The other one used to say "co" Champion, but if you look closely you can see that I blacked it out."

aka PlanoHog

mikeirwin

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 20, 2005, 10:27:49 pm

The last to committ? I thought I understood that he was going to annouce here in the next month or so.
Three of the remaining four will committ in the next two weeks.
Mustain will likely take longer.

PerryHog

I wonder if ND's new coach didn't have something to do with this, his 2 superbowl rings, and being oc and all.

Kodiak

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on July 20, 2005, 07:43:29 pm
I must admit to being a closet ND fan. Maybe the Webb kid was a catholic boy who always wanted to play for the Fighting Irish, if so who can blame him?
That's OK Hoggy. Just say 3 Hail Marys and we can forgive you. :)
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: PerryHog on July 20, 2005, 10:42:49 pm
I wonder if ND's new coach didn't have something to do with this, his 2 superbowl rings, and being oc and all.

He's already gone on record saying he was letting his staff recruit - he'd only try and seal the deal if he needed to.  I predict that won't last very long and he'll need to win right away.  NFL and college coaching is so different from each other.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Turnberry on July 20, 2005, 10:36:18 pm
South Bend, Indiana

Weis: "Son, let me show you a few items that are very special to me."
Webb:  "OK Coach."
Weis: "This one (left hand, left index finger) I got back in 90 with the Giants."
Webb: "Wow."
Weis: "That's just the beginning". "These three (pointing to right hand ring finger, right hand middle finger, & right hand index finger) I've earned in the last 4 years".  "Pretty cool, huh?"
Webb: "Wow coach!"
Weis: "Now let's head to the trophy room."

Fayetteville, AR

Webb: "Coach, do you have any rings?"
Nutt: "Sure I do son".
Webb: "Cool."
Nutt: "Here's a couple of our SEC West Champion rings." "One of em we backed into when bama cheated." "The other one used to say "co" Champion, but if you look closely you can see that I blacked it out."

Guess that means guys that came to Arkansas over Nebraska, Oklahoma, and LSU the last couple of years were more impressed with their rings than Arkansas'.

bigred7987

hmmm im 1/1 so far....Webb hinted last week that ND was the choice....Williams ands Mustain will be the next to go...then cleveland and Norman dependin on where Mitch and Damian go

Hogz87

Surely you all are not surprised.  I will be very surprised if we get any more than 2 of the Springdale 5 in Fayetteville.  I will be very, very, sursprised to see Mustain on the Hill next year also.  There is just too many opportunities at bigger and better schools in the nation for these five young men, why waste them?  However I too admit to being a ND fan.  I know on here everyone seems to be die hard Razorback fans and any badmouthing them can get you ridiculed but my three favorite college football teams in order are, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, and Notre Dame(whom I may add is not that far behind the Hogs).

3kgthog

When will the "HDN is a hell of a recruiter" folks realize the man can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag?  He already lost one kid right off of his back porch and I'd be willing to bet that he will lose 2-3 more of them including the most important one in Mustain.

I, for one, find no joy in cheering for another team or being happy for a kid because he chose a school besides Arkansas.  You're either an Arkansas Razorback or you're nobody.  In this case, Bartley Webb is nobody.  Give me a Shawn Andrews or Peyton Hillis that bleeds Arkansas Razorbacks football.  Those are the guys I want to see running through the A and representing me as an Arkansan. 

Go ahead and smite away because I don't support kids from Arkansas that don't become Hogs.  And to those of you crapping your pants because Webb picked Notre Dame, well I guess your Razorback spirit is a little weaker than I thought.

Big Papa Satan

Why the hell would a non-Catholic be a fan of the Fighting Amish?

I'd rather jerk off a rattlesnake with a handful of cuckleburrs than root for those assclowns.

The_Bionic_Pig

July 21, 2005, 12:08:59 am #73 Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 01:44:23 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: 3kgthog on July 20, 2005, 11:54:57 pm
When will the "HDN is a hell of a recruiter" folks realize the man can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag? He already lost one kid right off of his back porch and I'd be willing to bet that he will lose 2-3 more of them including the most important one in Mustain.

I, for one, find no joy in cheering for another team or being happy for a kid because he chose a school besides Arkansas. You're either an Arkansas Razorback or you're nobody. In this case, Bartley Webb is nobody. Give me a Shawn Andrews or Peyton Hillis that bleeds Arkansas Razorbacks football. Those are the guys I want to see running through the A and representing me as an Arkansan.

Go ahead and smite away because I don't support kids from Arkansas that don't become Hogs. And to those of you crapping your pants because Webb picked Notre Dame, well I guess your Razorback spirit is a little weaker than I thought.

3kgthog my friend I am afraid you would lose that bet - Mitch is most definatly coming to Arkansas.  And to clarify things Webb "has eliminated Arkansas"
and has not officially committed to Notre Dame - atleast until Friday.  ;)  He was decked out in ND gear when he made that statement.   By the way Hinds will visit Texas Wednesday which should promote Mustains decision.  ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JD_85

Quote from: DR on July 21, 2005, 12:04:47 am
I'd rather jerk off a rattlesnake with a handful of cuckleburrs than root for those assclowns.

That is hilarious. One of the few things that actually made me LoughOutLoud.

Ft.SmithHog

Quote from: DR on July 21, 2005, 12:04:47 am
Why the hell would a non-Catholic be a fan of the Fighting Amish?

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Foots

Did Webb grow up in Arkansas? If he did, I just don't see how he could go anywhere else. I grew up in east Arkansas and all my life I would have loved to play in Fayetteville. I would have rather walked on at Arkansas than accept a scholarship anywhere else.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Foots on July 21, 2005, 01:59:34 am
Did Webb grow up in Arkansas? If he did, I just don't see how he could go anywhere else. I grew up in east Arkansas and all my life I would have loved to play in Fayetteville. I would have rather walked on at Arkansas than accept a scholarship anywhere else.

Yep....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Foots

WindyCityHog

Notre Dame gets more out of its past than any other school.....Remember Darius Walker?  Academically, you can't go wrong there.....but I have attended a few games beneath the shadows of Touchdown Jesus...and it is awe-inspiring.  I equate it to attending a game at Yankee Stadium....the history will overwhelm.

Good Luck to Mr. Webb....the last great OL from S'dale also initially committed to ND.....and transferred.

ND.....just looking for that tar pit to stumble into....but I hold no animosity towards Bartley Webb.  Now as for you Catholics.......why not Boston College?  They're the best of the "Catholic" schools.....

abq

I eliminated this morning twice. Damn bran muffins.

HogDodging

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 20, 2005, 09:28:47 pm
Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 20, 2005, 09:19:51 pm

Nope. I'm Lutheran.

EXCEPT if he's playing against Arkansas. For that game, he is merely a player on a team I want the Hogs to squash.

Deep Shoat,

I appreciate the reply. All I was doing was expressing my dislike for the Irish. In having fun with Hoggy and Dogalum I was implying that the only way they could pull for the Irish (as true Hog fans) is if they are Catholic.

Let's not start a Crusade here. Peace.

By the way, I still can't stand ND, much less root for them. I suppose that will all change when my son gets a scholly there.

Hey, no problem here.  If it came across that way, I apologize.  Personally, I don't like ND either.  But, it was better than choosing Texass.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: abq on July 21, 2005, 10:43:04 am
I eliminated this morning twice. Damn bran muffins.

I hope those bran muffins are going to Texas.

SEvenbridgES81

Quote from: HoopHog on July 21, 2005, 10:11:11 am
Yesterday was not an official selection. Webb eliminated Arkansas. But (for me), he could really add salt to the wounds if he still chose Texas over Notre Dame. C'mon Webb...since you aren't going to be a Hog, PICK THE IRISH!!!

H'es gonna go to ND, I guess they have not made it official yet b/c he might want to announce it at ND maybe here in the next few weeks but for the most part it is official.
So Mr. Murphy, will you further your studies in france?

No, I hate Puerto Ricans!(Eddie Murphy, SNL)

Call Mr. Sow

Personally, I can't stand Notre Dame, and never could.  They're right up there with Miami and Florida State in terms of my dislike.  Their TV deal means NBC doesn't televise any good college football games, except for that rare occasion when ND doesn't suck and they play someone decent, and I don't like the kid-glove treatment the BCS gives the team, either.

As for Webb, I refuse to root for a guy who turns down the Hogs to play out of state, and I really don't understand the mindset of the people who do.  I don't fault him for going elsewhere, it's his life, but why the hell would I ROOT for him?  The only thing I know about that kid is that he lives in Springdale and doesn't love the Hogs.  That reminds me of the guy who lives in NYC and roots for the Red Sox just to be a [CENSORED].

I just don't get it...are ya'll hoping he becomes a shining example of all the great things that can happen to Ark kids when they rebuke the hometown team?  I mean, I really don't have anything personal against the guy, but I do believe that the Hog program would be helped by these guys crashing and burning elsewhere, serving as an object lesson to the next crop to come up. 

So no, you won't find me hoping they go on to great things.  Assuming you can't root for EVERYBODY, why would I root for them over random people who haven't rejected my team?  Hell, this year I'm far more likely to root for Vincent Young or Adrian Peterson than Bret Smith.

Anon2

When will the "HDN is a hell of a recruiter" folks realize the man can't recruit his way out of a wet paper bag? He already lost one kid right off of his back porch and I'd be willing to bet that he will lose 2-3 more of them including the most important one in Mustain.

I, for one, find no joy in cheering for another team or being happy for a kid because he chose a school besides Arkansas. You're either an Arkansas Razorback or you're nobody. In this case, Bartley Webb is nobody. Give me a Shawn Andrews or Peyton Hillis that bleeds Arkansas Razorbacks football. Those are the guys I want to see running through the A and representing me as an Arkansan.

Go ahead and smite away because I don't support kids from Arkansas that don't become Hogs. And to those of you crapping your pants because Webb picked Notre Dame, well I guess your Razorback spirit is a little weaker than I thought.

Someone explain to me what else Houston could do to get Webb, and for that matter, the rest of the Sprindale players to come to Ar.? I'm sure he has done everything legal to recruit them.  Maybe he needs to offer each one a Hummer.

sooie dog

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on July 21, 2005, 01:19:02 pm
Personally, I can't stand Notre Dame, and never could.  They're right up there with Miami and Florida State in terms of my dislike.  Their TV deal means NBC doesn't televise any good college football games, except for that rare occasion when ND doesn't suck and they play someone decent, and I don't like the kid-glove treatment the BCS gives the team, either.

As for Webb, I refuse to root for a guy who turns down the Hogs to play out of state, and I really don't understand the mindset of the people who do.  I don't fault him for going elsewhere, it's his life, but why the hell would I ROOT for him?  The only thing I know about that kid is that he lives in Springdale and doesn't love the Hogs.  That reminds me of the guy who lives in NYC and roots for the Red Sox just to be a baggins.

I just don't get it...are ya'll hoping he becomes a shining example of all the great things that can happen to Ark kids when they rebuke the hometown team?  I mean, I really don't have anything personal against the guy, but I do believe that the Hog program would be helped by these guys crashing and burning elsewhere, serving as an object lesson to the next crop to come up. 

So no, you won't find me hoping they go on to great things.  Assuming you can't root for EVERYBODY, why would I root for them over random people who haven't rejected my team?  Hell, this year I'm far more likely to root for Vincent Young or Adrian Peterson than Bret Smith.

I feel the same way. 

HogDodging

As for Webb, I refuse to root for a guy who turns down the Hogs to play out of state, and I really don't understand the mindset of the people who do.  I don't fault him for going elsewhere, it's his life, but why the hell would I ROOT for him?  The only thing I know about that kid is that he lives in Springdale and doesn't love the Hogs.  That reminds me of the guy who lives in NYC and roots for the Red Sox just to be a baggins.

I'm not going to be rooting for Notre Dame.  I just hope Webb does well.  There's no sense being bitter about his selection.
Personally, I think these kids are smarter than a lot are giving them credit for.  They naturally want to go to a school with a better than average chance of going to a BCS bowl or the championship game on a regular basis.
It kills me to say this but, Arkansas is not one of those schools.  Or, more accurately, Nutt is not the coach to lead us there.

WilsonHog

It was the coaching staff's job to convince Bartley Webb that his college football career would be best served by him becoming a Razorback.

The burden of proof, as they say, was not on Webb, but on HDN and his staff.

They didn't meet it.

Macgyver_Hawg

Being bitter is college football.  If Houston Nutt were to go to Penn State every Texas fan would root against them simply because Houtson Nutt is from Arkansas and did the upside down hook 'em sign at the Cotton bowl.

If a recruit parades himself in another team's clothing while he lives miles from Razorback stadium he's rubbing it in the face of fans.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 21, 2005, 01:39:34 pm
I'm not going to be rooting for Notre Dame. I just hope Webb does well. There's no sense being bitter about his selection.
Personally, I think these kids are smarter than a lot are giving them credit for. They naturally want to go to a school with a better than average chance of going to a BCS bowl or the championship game on a regular basis.
It kills me to say this but, Arkansas is not one of those schools. Or, more accurately, Nutt is not the coach to lead us there.

But why hope Webb does well?  Or are you hoping that EVERY player in the country does well? 

I'm not against the kid because frankly, I don't think he neccessarily made a bad decision (well, I don't think ND will be as good as Arkansas at any point in the next 4 years, but I can see why he would think they would).  But if it comes down to me rooting for the other perfectly good kid trying to get that starting spot on the ND OL or the kid who turned down the Hogs, I'm rooting for the other kid. 

HogDodging

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on July 21, 2005, 01:52:23 pm
Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 21, 2005, 01:39:34 pm
I'm not going to be rooting for Notre Dame. I just hope Webb does well. There's no sense being bitter about his selection.
Personally, I think these kids are smarter than a lot are giving them credit for. They naturally want to go to a school with a better than average chance of going to a BCS bowl or the championship game on a regular basis.
It kills me to say this but, Arkansas is not one of those schools. Or, more accurately, Nutt is not the coach to lead us there.

But why hope Webb does well? Or are you hoping that EVERY player in the country does well?

I'm not against the kid because frankly, I don't think he neccessarily made a bad decision (well, I don't think ND will be as good as Arkansas at any point in the next 4 years, but I can see why he would think they would). But if it comes down to me rooting for the other perfectly good kid trying to get that starting spot on the ND OL or the kid who turned down the Hogs, I'm rooting for the other kid.

The kid's from Arkansas.  That's why I want to see him do well.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 21, 2005, 01:56:23 pm
The kid's from Arkansas. That's why I want to see him do well.

Even if his doing well is bad for the University?

Because it is undeniably bad for the University when these hometown kids thrive at other schools.

Since this is true, you're left with a choice of rooting for one or the other.  Personally, I am going to root for the University I love over some kid I really don't know anything about. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on July 21, 2005, 02:10:33 pm

Since this is true, you're left with a choice of rooting for one or the other.  Personally, I am going to root for the University I love over some kid I really don't know anything about. 

Absolutely.

If you're a player from Arkansas and you choose to turn your back on your home state, hey, that's fine.

But, don't expect me to give a darn if you make good, and I will laugh my ass off if you get in trouble.

Hogz87

In a way I can understand why you wouldn't want to root for this kid, but you need to lighten up.  I mean seriously, if a kid has a chance to play at Notre Dame or Arkansas for alot of kids it's a no brainers.  I mean Notre Dames tradition and histroy is enough to make anyone want to play there.  I mean what have the Hogs done, a split title in '64?  I mean come one just because a kid choses what he feels is best for him you chose too root against him.  Grow up!  Wish the kid the best b/c he is from Arkansas, not against him b/c of his decisions.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Hogz87 on July 21, 2005, 03:10:53 pm
In a way I can understand why you wouldn't want to root for this kid, but you need to lighten up. I mean seriously, if a kid has a chance to play at Notre Dame or Arkansas for alot of kids it's a no brainers. I mean Notre Dames tradition and histroy is enough to make anyone want to play there. I mean what have the Hogs done, a split title in '64? I mean come one just because a kid choses what he feels is best for him you chose too root against him. Grow up! Wish the kid the best b/c he is from Arkansas, not against him b/c of his decisions.

You're telling me to grow up because I have an opinion different than yours? 

I never said I was rooting against him, but I am not rooting FOR him, either.  If he was going to an SEC school, then I'd be rooting AGAINST him. 

Besides, he'll have plenty of folks up there in his new home in South Bend to root for him.  As for me, the people I root for will be on the field in Fayetteville.

swinemaster

It's not the coaching staff's fault they lost a kid to Notre Dame. Period.  Notre Dame is regarded NATIONALLY, not in the Natural State as one of the premier universities in the world.  I have to believe that academics and the prestige of a diploma from Notre Dame played heavily into his decision. 

The day that highly regarded kids in Arkansas start deciding that they have better football opportunities at places like Oxford, Stillwater and College Station then we have a problem with the coaching staff.  I am not concerned with losing Webb.  It seems pretty obvious that he reaped the benefits of playing on the same team as Mitch Mustain.  Our O-line recruiting can recover from losing Webb.  On the other hand, our QB recruiting cannot recover from losing Mustain.  He is a must-get and the only thing about this situation that worries me is losing him.  I will take 1 out of 5 anyday as long as the 1 is Mustain.

Hogz87

No, I'm saying grow up b/c you are bashing a 17 or 18 year old kid b/c he made a decision that he thought was best for him.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Anon2 on July 21, 2005, 01:19:53 pm

Someone explain to me what else Houston could do to get Webb, and for that matter, the rest of the Sprindale players to come to Ar.? I'm sure he has done everything legal to recruit them. Maybe he needs to offer each one a Hummer.
Wouldn't work......my wife offered me one last night, and I still wouldn't take out the trash.:)

Buck Ocean

QuoteMaybe he needs to offer each one a Hummer.
QuoteWouldn't work......my wife offered me one last night, and I still wouldn't take out the trash

Ok Dog....what if a RAZORBACK BELL offered to give the hummer? That's a "ride" nobody could refuse.
Think like a Jedi