Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hawgs are favored by a point over Georgia..........

Started by 3pigsinafountain, January 19, 2008, 02:08:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3pigsinafountain

January 19, 2008, 02:08:42 am Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 02:10:19 am by 3pigsinafountain
So it would seem that the oddsmakers have more faith in this team than some posters.  What is worth mentioning here is the emotional rollercoaster of some posters.  After a decent win you can count on several posters venting their fatalistic  fears that Kentucky will be hiring Pel away in a year or two.  When we get an unexpected loss the; 'Pel must take some responsibility for this' crowd starts heating up their keyboards.  Either we are going to lose him, or he is not working out and we won't be able to give him away.  Geeze?

The losses to Appalachian State and to South Carolina are not the end of the season in and of themselves.  What is disturbing is being shown that this is not a great team like many had hoped.  Top teams phone in performances in slots like the AppSt. game, that is where everyone wanted to go home for the holidays........but great teams do go ahead and grind out the win.  This Hawg team didn't, it isn't a top team, at least not yet.  Same with the South Carolina game, lost for many of the same failings of last year and the year before........we are still not a top team.  Ok? we get it.  With a senior laden team Pels biggest challenge is not correcting turnovers, or tightening up the passes, its getting rid of the bad habbits and attitudes.  That is just taking longer than we hoped for.  If this team had no talent, fans would not be upset, they are upset because they feel there is potential here that is not consistently showing itself.  This SEC season has barely started, and speaking for myself, i continue to see this team as usually better than last years version.  I think it is still possible the light bulb will come on and we will all get to watch the Hawg team we are hoping for.

As a 1 point favorite on the road Las Vegas has not given up on the Hawgs.......it is a little early for the fans to.

Oh and btw;  Frank Broyles never lost a head coach in any sport that he really wanted to keep in 50 years. (Hatfield not withstanding).  No reason to think it is going to start now.

awwyeah84

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on January 19, 2008, 02:08:42 am
So it would seem that the oddsmakers have more faith in this team than some posters.  What is worth mentioning here is the emotional rollercoaster of some posters.  After a decent win you can count on several posters venting their fatalistic  fears that Kentucky will be hiring Pel away in a year or two.  When we get an unexpected loss the; 'Pel must take some responsibility for this' crowd starts heating up their keyboards.  Either we are going to lose him, or he is not working out and we won't be able to give him away.  Geeze?

The losses to Appalachian State and to South Carolina are not the end of the season in and of themselves.  What is disturbing is being shown that this is not a great team like many had hoped.  Top teams phone in performances in slots like the AppSt. game, that is where everyone wanted to go home for the holidays........but great teams do go ahead and grind out the win.  This Hawg team didn't, it isn't a top team, at least not yet.  Same with the South Carolina game, lost for many of the same failings of last year and the year before........we are still not a top team.  Ok? we get it.  With a senior laden team Pels biggest challenge is not correcting turnovers, or tightening up the passes, its getting rid of the bad habbits and attitudes.  That is just taking longer than we hoped for.  If this team had no talent, fans would not be upset, they are upset because they feel there is potential here that is not consistently showing itself.  This SEC season has barely started, and speaking for myself, i continue to see this team as usually better than last years version.  I think it is still possible the light bulb will come on and we will all get to watch the Hawg team we are hoping for.

As a 1 point favorite on the road Las Vegas has not given up on the Hawgs.......it is a little early for the fans to.

Oh and btw;  Frank Broyles never lost a head coach in any sport that he really wanted to keep in 50 years. (Hatfield not withstanding).  No reason to think it is going to start now.

speaking of broyles, saw him at the movies tonight!
well in the lobby...didn't see him come in cloverfield with us, probably went to see 27 dresses...hahaha

3kgthog

I'm not going to flip flop on Pelphrey. I think he's doing a solid job and he got a definite free pass from me when I saw Gary Ervin airball a finger roll while trying to take on three defenders against Alabama. Pel's got Weems and Beverley and not much else.

OLDHOG

How can we be favored over anybody on the road? Amazing.

harmonyhog

Hogs will lose by 10. Bricking up free throws and threes. Same old story.

elksnort

Modsquad24

sorry but after South Carolina wends, even I need to see it to believe it.

razorhead69

I hope I am wrong but I would take that bet.

Give me the Dawgs and 1.

alaback

3pigsinafountain

QuoteHow long has it been since we've been favored on the road?

Why it goes all the way back to last week when we were favored by 6.5 @ Auburn.

Here is the thing, i don't particularly like being favored at Geo when they may be starting to put it together, but the matchup is ok and the Hawgs have played very well this year after embarassing themselves.

3pigsinafountain

Quote from: elksnort on January 19, 2008, 11:35:30 am
Vegas is trying to entice people to bet.

Yes, that is the point, by the reasoning of posters here the Hawgs are an overlay.  So this spread would be  to intice money to come in on Georgia.  So it follows that not only does Vegas regard the Hawgs favorably, the majority of the public money is expected to feel that way also.  Hence the need for the overlay to attract money to Georgia.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 19, 2008, 11:25:57 am
Hogs will lose by 10. Bricking up free throws and threes. Same old story.

actually if we get the right person at the line, we will make them, hill at the line at the end of the game, didnt help, after watching mississippi state shoot free throw's, im kinda happy we are somewhat good at it :D because miss. state is horrible at the line

Rayzback

The Bulldogs beat Arkansas 67-64 last season when Steve Newman made a shot at the buzzer from around 30 feet. ...
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Beaverfever

I'm sorry but I am enticed to make a bet on Georgia.