Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally tells the Basketball team Like it is!

Started by DeltaBoy, January 18, 2008, 09:52:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jst01

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

3kgthog

I like the article. Well, all except where he wondered why Razorback Road hasn't been named Frank Broyles Avenue. Like the man needs another thing named after him. He's already got the BAC and the football field. It's not like JFB is a former President that needs every other high school in America with his name on it.

hillhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2008, 01:55:18 pm
I like the article. Well, all except where he wondered why Razorback Road hasn't been named Frank Broyles Avenue. Like the man needs another thing named after him. He's already got the BAC and the football field. It's not like JFB is a former President that needs every other high school in America with his name on it.
You beat me to it. ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Get over Broyles. He has had enough accolades and memorials.

HawgG

Quote from: jst01 on January 18, 2008, 01:23:54 pm
Wally understands its NOT the coach. 

Interesting read and a very very familiar article from old Wally.I can remember at least a dozen articles just like this one the last couple of years along.

Wally really had to think long and hard about this one I guess.

That being said there is one glaring thing difference about this article as oppossed to the many previous ones, and that is this insert, "This is not about coaching. That is there."

The dozens and dozens of the same type of write ups from Wally in the past has always been about the coaching.I was looking for his signature mentioning of other coaches as a way to put down the current Razorbacks coach, but he left that out.I wonder why?

A few words to Wally, everybody in Arkansas is not some backwoods fool with back memory or a kiss a**

jschulte

I honestly don't think they were playing selfishly.  I think they just have limited talent as far as passing/decision making.  They were playing as a game.. and sometimes even too much.  Their passes led to turnovers.  Heck, we may have won the game if weems would have just kept the ball and shot left and right.

D Ive Wright

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 18, 2008, 09:52:40 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/214038

Wally hit it today.

Go HOGS!
I have been smitten many times on this board because I thought Doc Sadler would have been a better hire. Now that we are into the season, it appears that I was not wrong. Doc would have brought the same energy and passion that JP has brought. However, I truly believe, based on DS record at NE, he would have taken the measures to turn this team around. Obvioulsy, JP is struggling to do so..so go ahead and smite me. What troubles me is that 40 minutes of Pel could turn inot 40 minutes of Smell.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: D Ive Wright on January 18, 2008, 09:49:46 pm
I have been smitten many times on this board because I thought Doc Sadler would have been a better hire. Now that we are into the season, it appears that I was not wrong. Doc would have brought the same energy and passion that JP has brought. However, I truly believe, based on DS record at NE, he would have taken the measures to turn this team around. Obvioulsy, JP is struggling to do so..so go ahead and smite me. What troubles me is that 40 minutes of Pel could turn inot 40 minutes of Smell.

+1, I have a feeling you're going to need all the help you can get with karma.

Just having Pel is a moral victory.  Just having that passion gives us a bunch of moral victories, no matter how much we lose.

razorzapp

so you think we should have hired someone who could have done a better job with heath's recruits?  i'd rather have someone who can turn the program around with his system and his players.  pelphrey will make us forget the past 10 years starting next year.  the good thing about having so many seniors is that you get to start over much quicker.

RedSatinHog

January 18, 2008, 11:32:38 pm #12 Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:34:19 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan

I guess I'm failing to see something meaningful here but please point out to me where Nebraska has accomplished anything this year which suggests that Sadler would have been a better hire than John Pelphrey:

Sat, Nov 10 Presbyterian W 67-52 
  Sat, Nov 17 Alabama A&M W 59-45 
  Tue, Nov 20 Norfolk St. W 83-48
  Sat, Nov 24 at Creighton L 62-74
  Mon, Nov 26 IPFW W 79-62
  Sun, Dec 2 Arizona St. W 62-47 
  Wed, Dec 5 at West. Kentucky L 62-69 
  Sun, Dec 9 Rutgers W 63-51
  Tue, Dec 11 Savannah St. W 82-37
  Sat, Dec 15 (16) Oregon W 88-79 
  Sat, Dec 22 N.C. Central W 71-28
  Sat, Dec 29 Alcorn St. W 77-53
  Fri, Jan 4 MD Eastern Shore W 86-50 
  Sat, Jan 12 (3) Kansas L 58-79
  Tue, Jan 15 at Colorado L 51-55 

Sure, there's the win over Oregon (incidentally enough, coached by a guy named Ernie Kent who NO ONE on this board wanted to see hired at UA), but unless you are thrilled with W's over the likes of NC Central, Savannah State, and Alcorn State, then Sadler is NOT your guy.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

razorzapp

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 18, 2008, 11:32:38 pm
I guess I'm failing to see something meaningful here but please point out to me where Nebraska has accomplished anything this year which suggests that Sadler would have been a better hire than John Pelphrey:

Sat, Nov 10 Presbyterian W 67-52 
  Sat, Nov 17 Alabama A&M W 59-45 
  Tue, Nov 20 Norfolk St. W 83-48
  Sat, Nov 24 at Creighton L 62-74
  Mon, Nov 26 IPFW W 79-62
  Sun, Dec 2 Arizona St. W 62-47 
  Wed, Dec 5 at West. Kentucky L 62-69 
  Sun, Dec 9 Rutgers W 63-51
  Tue, Dec 11 Savannah St. W 82-37
  Sat, Dec 15 (16) Oregon W 88-79 
  Sat, Dec 22 N.C. Central W 71-28
  Sat, Dec 29 Alcorn St. W 77-53
  Fri, Jan 4 MD Eastern Shore W 86-50 
  Sat, Jan 12 (3) Kansas L 58-79
  Tue, Jan 15 at Colorado L 51-55 

Sure, there's the win over Oregon (incidentally enough, coached by a guy named Ernie Kent who NO ONE on this board wanted to see hired at UA), but unless you are thrilled with W's over the likes of NC Central, Savannah State, and Alcorn State, then Sadler is NOT your guy.

He got beat by Creighton......