Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WE SUCK AT FREETHROWS

Started by HUNGLOWHOG, January 17, 2008, 12:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HUNGLOWHOG

WHY CAN WE NEVER HIT THEM WHY!!! THESE ARE COLLEGE PLAYERS ON SCHOLARSHIP  >:( >:( >:(

PulledPork

we haven't consistently hit ft's since the Sutton era. 

Pulled In!

Oliver

Quote from: PulledPork on January 17, 2008, 12:39:18 pm
we haven't consistently hit ft's since the Sutton era. 

Pulled In!

Hard to believe but it's true.  Rotnei Clarke was somebody I was excited about getting if for no other reason than he can shoot free throws really well.

Crappykat

did anyone else notice a scream from behind the band when Hill was shooting FT's last night? 

dorks!

PulledPork

Quote from: Crappykat on January 17, 2008, 12:42:59 pm
did anyone else notice a scream from behind the band when Hill was shooting FT's last night? 

dorks!
must be because they realized who was at the line with the game as it was......:puke:

Pulled In!

HUNGLOWHOG

how would ya'll feel in a situation like this down by 2 whith steven hill on the line whith a 1 & 1 , 10 seconds left in a game . i say we would have 10% chance of winning

PulledPork

Quote from: HUNGLOWHOG on January 17, 2008, 12:44:26 pm
how would ya'll feel in a situation like this down by 2 whith steven hill on the line whith a 1 & 1 , 10 seconds left in a game . i say we would have 10% chance of winning
I feel that way with anyone at the line

Pulled In!

chiefsfan

I promised I would not talk about our free throw shooting again after watching Mississippi State against Kentucky tuesday

I must keep that promise
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Crappykat on January 17, 2008, 12:42:59 pm

dorks!
I cracked up!

BCShogs

WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING, TOO! As a matter of fact, WE JUST SUCK!

Oliver

Quote from: neahogfan22 on January 17, 2008, 04:24:39 pm
WE SUCK AT THREE POINT SHOOTING, TOO! As a matter of fact, WE JUST SUCK!

That pretty much sums things up quite nicely.

hogwild84

I know for a fact that the reason they suck at FTs is bc they don't practice them in their scheduled practice sessions....EVER. We were much better at the line last year bc Heath made them practice their FTs during scheduled practice times. He relies on them to do this on their free time, which none of them do.

Newcoachplease

Quote from: hogwild84 on January 17, 2008, 08:36:04 pm
I know for a fact that the reason they suck at FTs is bc they don't practice them in their scheduled practice sessions....EVER. We were much better at the line last year bc Heath made them practice their FTs during scheduled practice times. He relies on them to do this on their free time, which none of them do.

Im glad they dont practice free throws during practice. They should be getting game plans, scouting reports, etc. If they are lazy and dont shoot free throws, that speaks volumes to what types of players they are.

And most coaches always shoot free throws after practice, like 25 makes before you can leave. I find it hard to believe that he doesnt make them shoot after practice.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Newcoachplease on January 17, 2008, 08:53:25 pm
Im glad they dont practice free throws during practice. They should be getting game plans, scouting reports, etc. If they are lazy and dont shoot free throws, that speaks volumes to what types of players they are.

And most coaches always shoot free throws after practice, like 25 makes before you can leave. I find it hard to believe that he doesnt make them shoot after practice.

I believe Pel said during one of his TV shows he requires something like that at the end of practice
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ConwayHog

They were 13/19 last night.  One more and they are over 70%.  Free throws weren't the issue last night.  Letting someone get 28 in your house was the real problem.

Yes, free throws haven't been good but that wasn't the issue last night. 

No guard play has been and will continue to be the major issue.