Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perhaps it's because I'm from Fort Smith....

Started by PiggyBack, January 03, 2008, 07:46:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggyBack

...and Fort Smith is right on the border, but

I HATE OU!

The beatdown that WVU put on Bob "The Baby" Stoops was awesome and I loved every minute of it.  Growing up in Fort Smith I have had to see all of our stores carry OU crap my entire life and it just makes me sick!  As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing to come out of OK is Interstate 40. 
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

OKhogfan1959

January 03, 2008, 07:59:27 pm #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:01:16 pm by LawnHog48
I am right there with you man..I hate OU fans with a passion..They are so over the top it's not even funny. I have many friends that are die hard OU fans and it has been a fun day!! OU sucks!! I am from Alma but have lived in a little border town that borders Ft Smith=Pocola for 20 years and it's been tough to fight those guys off lately...

HAM ELLIOT

I have come to the conclusion that most OU fans are pure 100% idiot.  I have not met one that had any common sense.  I am not saying there are not any, but I damn sure have not met them. 

Boardon Hamsay

I concur, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing OU thrashed last night.  That game and the Florida/Michigan game, at least IMHO, have been the best two bowl games.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Incidentally, did anyone else think the OU band played their fight song to the point of it making people want to either mute the tv or shove an ice pick in both ears?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: PiggyBack on January 03, 2008, 07:46:18 pm

I HATE OU!

The beatdown that WVU put on Bob "The Baby" Stoops was awesome and I loved every minute of it.  Growing up in Fort Smith I have had to see all of our stores carry OU crap my entire life and it just makes me sick!  As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing to come out of OK is Interstate 40. 
I'm right there with you PiggyBack.  I'm orginally from Pine Bluff but now live in Alma and it drives me crazy going in stores that have as much OU stuff as Razorback stuff.  This is ARKANSAS!!!  NOT OKLAHOMA!!!  I realize they just carry what sells, but it still drives me crazy.

I couldn't have been happier last night when OU got taken to the woodshed.

PulledPork

I worked with an ER md in Ft. Smith at St. Hell (aka St. Edward) and he was a big time OU fan, gave me crap all the time about being a hog fan.  But at that time, I couldn't say much because we were the suck.  Not that that is different presently, but better days are ahead!

Pulled In!

haveabeer

One of the best things about moving from Fort Smith to Harrison is that there are not really any OU fans here and you rarely see OU stuff in the stores. Not that we have many stores.

Yes I get really tired of hearing boomer sooner so many times you mute the tv.

SWAhog

QuoteI have to agree with you on that one OU is one of my most hated teams in the nation

The only time I pull for OU is when they play Texas.
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

bugo

Yes it was a glorious beatdown.  I live in Tulsa and you are 100% correct, OU fans tend to be idiots.  All my Oklahoma friends tend to be either OSU fans or they aren't sports fans at all.  And yes, the "Boomer Sooner" song is second in annoyance only to "Rocky Top".

haveabeer

boomer sooner is worse than rocky top because they play it over and over and over. I've actually sent an email to a network asking them to please move the mics away from the ou band. rocky top is up there in annoyance though.

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

G-MAN

I lost a lot of respect for OU after Boise State last year!

haveabeer

I'll admit that I actually root for Texas against ou. And I really don't like Texas. The only time I would root for ou is against notre dame or ohio state. Maybe penn state.

HogBaptist

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 03, 2008, 10:00:57 pm
I live in Fayetteville and during my freshman year of college we tired to go to a 18+ strip club and Bottom's Up was too nasty and closed. So we decided to drive 45 min to Fort Smith to go da club.

Its not really a border town but YES the fact that they carry all this OU crap pisses me off.

Its not a border town?  lol...do you even know anything about Fort Smith??

It is bad in Fort Smith.  I grew up there, and it is like no other when it comes to OU fans.  I now live in NWA near the OK border, but I don't see or hear near as much OU junk as when I did down in Fort Smith.

Korvyn

I think it's Funny that there didn't seem to be all this OU crap back before stoops. Seems alot of people are just on the Band wagon and don't know how to jump off. I hat OU so much i own a Colorado and TCU hat after the last couple of years. Hopefully they will all move out of The Fort and back to OK. so i don't havta look at them anymore. :P

I did enjoy rubbing the Fiesta bowl in their faces today. At least we were "Supposed" to lose our game.
40 Minutes of PEL

dakpowers

January 03, 2008, 10:14:42 pm #17 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:17:19 pm by dakpowers
Its not really a border town but YES the fact that they carry all this OU crap pisses me off.
...What?

Oh, and I concur about everything posted about Fort Smith so far. I can't wait to move to NWA.

BTW, please remove your Radiohead avatar. It gives us more intelligent fans a bad rep.

Hogs4Ever

Can only help us when a big border team takes a arse whipping like that.   8)

HogBaptist

Quote from: dakpowers on January 03, 2008, 10:14:42 pm
...What?

Oh, and I concur about everything posted about Fort Smith so far. I can't wait to move to NWA.

Obviously he has been there once and doesn't know jack....

And he travelled all the way to Fort Smith for the strip club....just more evidence of stupidity.

PulledPork

Quote from: Head Hawg on January 03, 2008, 10:16:41 pm
I totally agree with this.... Myself, born and raised in Fort Smith and played football at Southside High School.

I remember having the exact same thought. This is ARKANSAS not Oklahoma! It's all those small border towns in Oklahoma that come across the river into fort smith. Many factory's downtown support many small towns across the river. I still get sick thinking of all the OU stuff all over Fort Smith and I haven't lived there in 7 years.

However, it happens in every state. My Ex-girlfriend is from Pittsburgh and I saw more Ohio State stuff than I did Penn State while in Pittsburgh.
they come across the river for the stout brew!!

Pulled In!

PulledPork

Quote from: Head Hawg on January 03, 2008, 10:50:16 pm

OH MY, Haha! I totally forgot about that growing up. If that ain't the truth! You'll never see an Arkansas boy buying Beer in Oklahoma for very good reason!

+1
I only purchased Okie beer because they didn't card, and I was 16.

Pulled In!

dakpowers

Quote from: Head Hawg on January 03, 2008, 10:50:16 pm
You'll never see an Arkansas boy buying Beer in Oklahoma for very good reason!
Unless you forgot to buy on Saturday! :o

Flatline

Fort Smith here.  I have to work with them everyday.  They are on suicide watch for the rest of the week.

CORZRBACKFAN

I HATE OU!

The non-Razorback quote of the year!!! Could not have said it better myself. Thank you West Virginia! And even though it's been a year now, I'll never forget-thank you Boise State!!!
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

PulledPork

Quote from: Head Hawg on January 03, 2008, 10:53:10 pm
It tasted like beer mixed with Water if I remember correctly!
made many a trip on the back highways from Waldron to Heavener...

Pulled In!

PulledPork

agreed, Scott!  If it is any consilation, I was at the mall in Ft. Smith a week ago and the Houndstooth kiosk had one side Hogs, and the other side OU.  The OU attire was on discount!

Pulled In!

judgeroyswine

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 03, 2008, 08:22:47 pm
I'm right there with you PiggyBack.  I'm orginally from Pine Bluff but now live in Alma and it drives me crazy going in stores that have as much OU stuff as Razorback stuff.  This is ARKANSAS!!!  NOT OKLAHOMA!!!  I realize they just carry what sells, but it still drives me crazy.

I couldn't have been happier last night when OU got taken to the woodshed.

I'm originally from Pine Bluff as well and now live in the OKC area.  I pull for every team that plays OU and now WV is my second favorite team.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

bao187

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 03, 2008, 10:59:05 pm
Oh the Green Taggers aren't all bad. If they'd just learn to use their turn signals when they're on Rogers Avenue, it would help.

As for the OU gear in town, you can't fault businesses for trying to earn a buck. Heck, even Fayetteville's own Houndstooth makes OU shirts now.

ain't this the truth, Oklahoma drivers are the worst drivers in all the US. I have been to many states, i have been out of the states, and i cannot remember anyone driving as badly as the green taggers, remember this next time you drive down rogers, towson, grand, or phoenix, everytime you see someone do something illegal or almost cause a stupid wreck, look at the license plate it is almost always green.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

pimpndistress

January 03, 2008, 11:12:32 pm #29 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:15:08 pm by pimpndistress
yes I work in ft smith with some ou fans they always talk sh/t but they never say anything after bowl games. Funny as hell ou sucks !!!!!
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

Quite Frankly

I'd say more than half of the football fans I know that live in the FS/VB area are OU fans.

It's certainly odd.

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

bao187

Quote from: Quite Frankly on January 03, 2008, 11:17:45 pm
I'd say more than half of the football fans I know that live in the FS/VB area are OU fans.

It's certainly odd.

thats easy to figure out, if you lived in oklahoma(sooner fan or not) would you rather live in oklahoma or arkansas

jvanhorn

Maybe you should have gained a lot of respect for Boise State.

te author=G-MAN link=topic=196726.msg3037871#msg3037871 date=1199416762]
I lost a lot of respect for OU after Boise State last year!
[/quote]

dragonfan

I live in Fayetteville and during my freshman year of college we tired to go to a 18+ strip club and Bottom's Up was too nasty and closed. So we decided to drive 45 min to Fort Smith to go da club.

did you just say that ft. smith isnt a border town? You must have been drunk when you visited.  I cant stand to listen to sports in the fort because that [CENSORED] jimmy haas talks about ou sometimes.  I live in arkansas man and your on an arkansas station stop talking about the sooners!

Fort Swine

I suggest they change the bridge on Garrison to a draw bridge to limit the amount of green taggers that come across to spew the OU BS line.  You see just as much Arkansas stuff as you do OU.  You can even sprinkle some OSU orange in there. 

OU fans should live and STAY in Sequoyah and LeFlore County.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Korvyn

Quote from: PulledPork on January 03, 2008, 10:56:15 pm
made many a trip on the back highways from Waldron to Heavener...

Pulled In!
You and me Both. Plus they sell it on sunday.
40 Minutes of PEL

chuckrollz

yraciv

I'm in the exact same situation, and feel that Fort Smith fans seem to hate OU more then regular Razorback fans.  I've grown up hating OU almost as much as Texas j/ because I can't go a day without seeing Sooner stuff.  Thats why last night when I was in a restaurant w/ OU fans; I made sure to clap everytime WV made a play.  It really does drive me crazy how they get similar local news coverage b/ the small town Okies use the Ft. Smith news.

That being said I hate OU with a passion, but damn I respect Bob Stoops and what he has done with that program.  Even though they are starting to choke in the BCS.

HillCreature

HillCreature

Quote from: yraciv on January 04, 2008, 02:19:32 am
I'm in the exact same situation, and feel that Fort Smith fans seem to hate OU more then regular Razorback fans.  I've grown up hating OU almost as much as Texas j/ because I can't go a day without seeing Sooner stuff.  Thats why last night when I was in a restaurant w/ OU fans; I made sure to clap everytime WV made a play.  It really does drive me crazy how they get similar local news coverage b/ the small town Okies use the Ft. Smith news.

That being said I hate OU with a passion, but damn I respect Bob Stoops and what he has done with that program.  Even though they are starting to choke in the BCS.

The "Fort"=Fort Worth. Get your own nickname. And OU stuff sells because they are winners. Lastly, nobody in Oklahoma even watches your gay ass Ft. Smith Station anymore than they watch the local Ada channels.

HillCreature

January 04, 2008, 02:54:18 am #41 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:56:27 am by HillCreature
The difference between OU and Arkie.
Arkie gets blown out in their bowl and nobody in Oklahoma gives a crap. OU gets blown out in their bowl and Arkies are all in a tither like they think they won something. Jealousy. OU=nationally relevant. Arkie=Who?

HillCreature

Quote from: Fort Swine on January 04, 2008, 12:39:24 am
I suggest they change the bridge on Garrison to a draw bridge to limit the amount of green taggers that come across to spew the OU BS line.  You see just as much Arkansas stuff as you do OU.  You can even sprinkle some OSU orange in there. 

OU fans should live and STAY in Sequoyah and LeFlore County.

We only send our worst to live within a whiff of your beloved chicken industry. Quit crapping in our water, hillbillies.

HillCreature

January 04, 2008, 03:05:30 am #43 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:12:00 am by HillCreature
I love how people in Arkie act like Ft. Smith and NWA are some kind of freaking metropolis too. LOL. That makes my day everytime some breeder from Arkie talks about Fayetteville and it's 70,000 residents as if it were Houston. Hell it's not even Tulsa. Hell even Little Rock's not even Tulsa and Tulsa ain't darn. Thats all.

HillCreature

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 04, 2008, 03:27:02 am
simply SHut the Frank up

you the hell are you from you faggot ****

NWA is all the rage and everybody knows, now go enjoy your little win and hope you don't face us in the Bobby Petrino era.

LOL. You guys crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.

Keifer5150

OK we will see about BP in Time 

Next year you have Texas   and the next year  Texas AM and Texas 
Beat them both By 14 or 21  points in Both years...... And I will Give you the Big 12 south is a cake walk for Oklahoma..
But Loose all 3 games and I dont want to hear nothing about Big 12 south being a Cake walk...

Seems to me a one hit wonder in the Big 12 Noth Just Put 31 Points on you And you Had 2 backs any team in the nation would kill to have...  Now I dont hate Hog Fans and I love Razorback Football Just about as much as OU Football I go to Both Games and I have Fun with all the Fans... I want Arkansas to  be as strong as Oklahoma...

razorshark

Quote from: judgeroyswine on January 03, 2008, 11:05:23 pm
I'm originally from Pine Bluff as well and now live in the OKC area.  I pull for every team that plays OU and now WV is my second favorite team.

Brings back memories when I lived in OKC, saw the red dirt whippin down the plain!  Could not wait to move back to NWA.  As for the beer, I could drink a case of the OK Shitte and still not get a buzz!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

Matt Burks

I HATE OU!

I know the feeling. When I was growing up I never really had a problem with Oklahoma...hell I had an uncle that love them, but when I moved to Fort Smith, I grew really tired of the arrogance from the fans. I then started to support Okie State outside of Fayetteville (never for Oklahoma's other big rival Texas - never I say).

Matt Burks

Quote from: HillCreature on January 04, 2008, 02:54:18 am
The difference between OU and Arkie.
Arkie gets blown out in their bowl and nobody in Oklahoma gives a crap. OU gets blown out in their bowl and Arkies are all in a tither like they think they won something. Jealousy. OU=nationally relevant. Arkie=Who?

Why some of us hate OU so much isn't because of the program, it is because of the classless arrogance fans like you display. Many of the fans I met can't just be proud of their program, they seem to be conceited about it...which is why people tend to hate OU.

JoePaul03

I've lived in and around the Fort Smith area for almost my whole life, and we're totally overrun with OU "fans." I say "fans" b/c during the John Blake era, all the caps, t-shirts, and license plates you see in town now were nowhere to be found. OU is a great program, and I respect the heck out of their history and tradition, but 99.9% of their fans in the Fort Smith area are a bunch of insufferable front-running bandwagon jumpers.
Yes, Hog fans are nuts...we will FOI you, we will fly banners, and we will track planes like we're the KGB, but we stuck with our team and managed to fill up our stadium nearly all the time through ten years of a coach who managed to, for the most part, waste the talent of two of the best players in school history (three if you count Hillis) and run off a successful OC and a potential program-changing QB and WR combo.
WCOB, 2003