Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else have issues with the Mizzu fans?

Started by BigSexyHog, January 02, 2008, 10:51:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HDale

Quote from: FBREW000 on January 03, 2008, 01:40:38 am
Many of our fans were butchering the english language, LOL, as were the majority of the fans...  My family set in Section 17, Missouri section.  The first person to smart off was a Hog fan.  I thought, wow, Idiot!  I started having fun with the Mizzou fans.  They were singing loudly some mizzou song, I turned around, looked up, and placed my headphones on my ears.  They loved it, laughed so hard.  When their mascot began doing pushups for the upteenth time, and they all counted, I congratulated them for having a hell of a Math Department at Mizzou.  The security guard high fived me, It was all in fun.  As we were leaving they sand Nananana, nananana, hey, hey, hey, goodbye.  I smiled, waved, tippid my hawg hat and they gave me High Fives.  Said it was nice meeting us and even got my email to send pics of Dmac, etc.  I expect them to vocally support their team, have some fun, just as I did, but do so with class, humor, and treat them the way I wanted to be treated and wanted my 5 yr old princess to see here Dad act....
Nice job!
That is the way that the game is played.
I will always hate the Dork

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I talked with several MIzzou fans before and during the game.  They were all very nice and polite and more than once said they were amazed at how the game was going.  Never heard anything rude at all from them.  that being said i was the jackass in the stands asking to be allowed to replace Casey D at QB.  I was also the same jackass asking if HDN was phoning in plays from oxford.   

So really the only butt head around me was in fact me.
Let's make some waves.

IMAballHawg

Quote from: The Restless Native on January 02, 2008, 10:57:09 am
No, not at all. 

Have you ever sat around a group of Hog fans?  Yeah, not the friendliest to other fans.  Afterall, it was an Arkansas fan who punched a Texas Longhorn Tuba player in the early 70's and Hog fans who set fire to an Auburn van a few years back.

Hey, the Mizzou fans did not boo when our team took the field after halftime...but Hog fans booed when Mizzou came out after halftime.  We have to worry about improving our image before we obsess on the fans of otehr teams.  I had no problems with any Mizzou fans at the Cotton OR the Independance Bowls.  IN fact, they tailgated with us at the Independance Bowl and had a great time!

I cant believe that not a single poster corrected this.  If your a MOD make sure you have your information correct before you continue to spread untruths (I wont call it a lie, because you obviously dont know better) about your team and fans.
It was not a Razorback fan who set fire to the Auburn Van a couple of years ago, it was in fact a teenage girl who apparently did it on a bet.  It was some dumb random act of vandalism that had ZERO to do with Razorback fans.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

ThunderHog

Quote from: IMAballHawg on January 03, 2008, 10:46:32 am
I cant believe that not a single poster corrected this.  If your a MOD make sure you have your information correct before you continue to spread untruths (I wont call it a lie, because you obviously dont know better) about your team and fans.
It was not a Razorback fan who set fire to the Auburn Van a couple of years ago, it was in fact a teenage girl who apparently did it on a bet.  It was some dumb random act of vandalism that had ZERO to do with Razorback fans.

So, was she from Arkansas or Auburn.

jgphillips3

Missouri football teams have been such losers for so long that many Missouri fans haven't learned how to win with class yet.  In fact, when they slide back into mediocrity next season they won't have any opportunity to learn then.  Give them a break. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgwash on January 02, 2008, 10:19:49 pm
I'm planning to bring my brother-in-law to the 2009 Texas game in Fayetteville.  He's a Texas fan and is taking me to Austin next year.  I'll be honest and say I'm more than a little apprehensive about how he will be treated in Fayetteville.

Be afraid, very afraid: Burnt Orange Hate RUNS STRONG AND DEEP!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Eatthebacon

Try being a Cardinal fan and go to a baseball game at Wrigley Field if you want to experience classlessness.  I took my wife and kid to that dump two years ago and had to leave in the 4th inning because the Cardinals were kicking the living s&i^ out of the Flubs and a group of fat a%$, drunken fraternity boys wanted to fight me. The people that frequent that dump are simply NOT baseball fans.

BTW, that ballpark (Wrigley) should be condemned. It's literally falling apart and is filthy.

therock1

I was in section 23, on the Missouri ( Not spelt Mizzouri) side, and kept hearing those girls chant Cadillac Escalade! It really was not that big of a deal, because I dont think they realize Darren will be able to buy a freaking Cadillac Dealership in just a few short months..The rest of the Missouri ( Not Mizzouri) fans all seemed nice, except alot of them had a certain arrogance to them. But I guess when you are good enough to go to a New Year's Day Bowl every 38 years you have a reason to be!

jmingram911

Quote from: Sir Squeal-A-Lot on January 02, 2008, 11:15:31 am
new years eve, we had several Mizzou fans come up to us and wish us good luck and a good game! all the Mizzou fans at our hotel were cool, we even all sat around and ate hotel breakfast together, laughing and talkin about DMac & Chase!
at the game, on the SEC side (section 102), we had some Mizzou fans that brought signs, not once did they even put em in the air! told us they didn't want to block our view! I thought that was very kind of them! and we all know, THEY had plenty of oppertunity to throw signs in the air for their team!

now, with all that said, on our way to Dallas (I 30) we did get a thumbs down from some Longhorn fans!
we smiled and gave them a thumbs up!

all in all, a great trip, except the losing part!

myexperience with Mizzou fans as well.

OneLoneHogAmidstTheSteers

Try sitting in the middle of Trojan fans when you're getting whipped at home. Fun stuff.
Truth does not become error just because nobody believes it.
-Gandhi

We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work
is the same.

-don Juan Matus
as quoted by Carlos Castaneda