Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC FOOTBALL

Started by tgrfan23, January 02, 2008, 10:43:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tgrfan23

OK, you guys have talked smack the last few weeks about how Missouri was soft and couldn't compete with the physical SEC play.  I assume now that you were all joking.  Arkansas took an absolute butt whipping yesterday.  If you call that physical play, then we need to schedule more SEC teams. 

Bama Hog™

Come to B'Ham and I will make you a fresh samich you punk!
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

PigDaddyKane

We got our butt beat by a team with a better coaching staff.  Mizzou showed up to play and we did not.  Good game. 

BTW, you guys should have been in a BCS game.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Bama Hog™

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on January 02, 2008, 10:45:49 am
We got our butt beat by a team with a better coaching staff.  Mizzou showed up to play and we did not.  Good game. 

BTW, you guys should have been in a BCS game.

Agree we got beat by better prepared and coached team, but you are gonna let some punk arse Mizzou fan come on our board and talk smack. You are weak as Herring.
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

HoginHouston

Dude this is the best season in Missouri football history. You were the Big 12 runner up. You played a team that was maybe teh seventh best in the SEC this year. And you played them with an interim coaching staff working under dire circumstances. And you won.

Do you ever think that the fact that you have to hang your hat on a win like that is the reason your program has always been such a joke? And do you really think if Mizzou had a chance in hell of being in the SEC yall wouldnt jump all over it? Of course you would. Now, go have fun watching the Jayhawks play in a BCS bowl...
Go Hogs Go.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: HoginHouston on January 02, 2008, 10:48:41 am
Dude this is the best season in Missouri football history. You were the Big 12 runner up. You played a team that was maybe teh seventh best in the SEC this year. And you played them with an interim coaching staff working under dire circumstances. And you won.

Do you ever think that the fact that you have to hang your hat on a win like that is the reason your program has always been such a joke? And do you really think if Mizzou had a chance in hell of being in the SEC yall wouldnt jump all over it? Of course you would. Now, go have fun watching the Jayhawks play in a BCS bowl...

+1 for some Hog pride!

slowride

We'll Missouri manhandled the 2 SEC teams they played this year.  I think many fans and commentators do overrate the SEC.  I think it's slightly ahead of the other conferences.  But, just barely.  I'm an SEC fan and I'm tired of hearing about SEC speed.  Where was SEC speed against Missouri?  Why didn't playing in the SEC give us the edge in that game.  Where was the SEC speed against Michigan.  How could Michigan beat a Florida team with all that SEC speed?

txkrazorback

hey tigger fan: go the F%$# home!
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: tgrfan23 on January 02, 2008, 10:43:56 am
OK, you guys have talked smack the last few weeks about how Missouri was soft and couldn't compete with the physical SEC play.  I assume now that you were all joking.  Arkansas took an absolute butt whipping yesterday.  If you call that physical play, then we need to schedule more SEC teams. 

What SEC team?  Our previous staff had us at the pinnacle of the Sun Belt conference! 

Seriously, if you think that yesterday's debacle was representative of the SEC, you need to get out more.  Or not.  Stay in the "Big" 12...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bama Hog™

Quote from: slowride on January 02, 2008, 10:49:37 am
We'll Missouri manhandled the 2 SEC teams they played this year.  I think many fans and commentators do overrate the SEC.  I think it's slightly ahead of the other conferences.  But, just barely.  I'm an SEC fan and I'm tired of hearing about SEC speed.  Where was SEC speed against Missouri?  Why didn't playing in the SEC give us the edge in that game.  Where was the SEC speed against Michigan.  How could Michigan beat a Florida team with all that SEC speed?

I am not sure, ask "The" Ohio State about it.

The Marmot

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 10:47:15 am
Agree we got beat by better prepared and coached team, but you are gonna let some punk arse Mizzou fan come on our board and talk smack. You are weak as Herring.

Eat the crow Bama. They beat our ass up and down. They deserve to talk smack to us.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Bama Hog™

January 02, 2008, 10:56:24 am #11 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:57:57 am by Bama Hog™
Quote from: The Marmot on January 02, 2008, 10:53:46 am
Eat the crow Bama. They beat our ass up and down. They deserve to talk smack to us.

you have zero pride punk.

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 10:50:31 am
I am not sure, ask "The" Ohio State about it.

Or Michiga....wait.

Tusks

Dude you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Take the Cotton Bowl trophy back to columbia....be proud but stfu.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The Marmot

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 10:56:24 am
you have zero pride punk

I got plenty o' pride my friend. But I also realize we got our asses handed to us in our southern house. We have nothing to talk stuff about when it comes to what happened yesterday.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

txkrazorback

btw tigger; thanks for the smite: I'll wear it with honor!
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

slowride

Quote from: txkrazorback on January 02, 2008, 10:49:48 am
hey tigger fan: go the F%$# home!

I'm a Hog fan, douchenozzle.  I just try to see things in a realistic way and I get tired of ESPN and the rest of the media and the way they overhype certain things.  For example, look at the way they have hyped USC.  They were talking about USC a couple of years ago like they were the best team that has ever played.  Now, they are doing that with the SEC. 

Bama Hog™

Only one talking shiite is a non Hog. You can talk crap about our poor effort all you want. But some weak arse Mizzou fan talking smack in our house is BS. Zero pride IMO.

irishman

Ahhh, To the victor goes the spoils. Or in this case the right to talk smack.
Enjoy it tigerfan23, yesterday was the final curtain of the Nutt/Broyles era.
Personally I think yesterday was just god's way of reminding us why we got rid of them in the first place, just in case any of us had forgotten.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: slowride on January 02, 2008, 11:01:07 am
I'm a Hog fan, feminine toolnozzle.  I just try to see things in a realistic way and I get tired of ESPN and the rest of the media and the way they overhype certain things.  For example, look at the way they have hyped USC.  They were talking about USC a couple of years ago like they were the best team that has ever played.  Now, they are doing that with the SEC. 

I think he was speaking to the original poster.

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 11:01:22 am
Only one talking shiite is a non Hog. You can talk crap about our poor effort all you want. But some weak arse Mizzou fan talking smack in our house is BS. Zero pride IMO.

Yes, we are all so proud of how Missouri came in and dominated our Razorbacks, being that we are from the "mighty SEC" and all.  Absolutely the most disgraceful game I've witnessed since the Las Vegas bowl.

Fire Herring!

tophawg19

what you saw was not THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS but an un coached group of atheletes with coaches who had no reason or desire to win. i'll make you a deal give BP 2 months to prepare this team and play us again. i  promise that ass whippin you would get would live with you forever. the sec is the best by far check the bowl records for the last 10 years . sec is 6 and 2 this year . with uncoached arkansas as the only team to suck. interim coaches just never work and with a staff that got fired , yeah they really wanted us to win.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

txkrazorback

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 11:01:22 am
y'know, when I venture into another school's board, I don't talk smack; if I post it's very cordial and cerebral. Agreed: +1 BamaHog.

slowride

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 11:03:10 am
I think he was speaking to the original poster.

sorry.  my bad

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:04:35 am
Yes, we are all so proud of how Missouri came in and dominated our Razorbacks, being that we are from the "mighty SEC" and all.  Absolutely the most disgraceful game I've witnessed since the Las Vegas bowl.

Fire Herring!

What are you talking about? I am not proud of the loss. As a matter of fact, I am still pissed off. That is why I want to feed this Mizzou fan (that comes on OUR board to talk shiite) a big, fresh, terd samich. You on the other hand want to buy him some fresh flowers and take him to a movie. STFU weak arse. 

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 02, 2008, 11:04:46 am
what you saw was not THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS but an un coached group of atheletes with coaches who had no reason or desire to win. i'll make you a deal give BP 2 months to prepare this team and play us again. i  promise that ass whippin you would get would live with you forever. the sec is the best by far check the bowl records for the last 10 years . sec is 6 and 2 this year . with uncoached arkansas as the only team to suck. interim coaches just never work and with a staff that got fired , yeah they really wanted us to win.

Wow!  Georgia beat Hawaii, and Miss St. beat Central Florida!

Ooooo, Alabama scrapes by the bottom of the barrel Buffalo's!

Whoa, Kentucky beats half a FSU squad!

Impressive, indeed!  The mighty SEC!

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:10:16 am

It is now obvious that you are a troll. LOL.

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 11:09:54 am
What are you talking about? I am not proud of the loss. As a matter of fact, I am still pissed off. That is why I want to feed this Mizzou fan (that comes on OUR board to talk shiite) a big, fresh, terd samich. You on the other hand want to buy him some fresh flowers and take him to a movie. STFU weak arse. 

STFU?  Internet tough guy?

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA!!!

cityhog

If you call a 38-25 victory over Ole Miss manhandling, well then, what would call waht we did to OM this year.  BTW we beat OM 44-8 at Oxford as well.  Congrats on your victory.  We will see you in a New Years Day Bowl again in another 37 years.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:11:34 am
STFU?  Internet tough guy?

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA!!!

Now that is funny.

CWAYHAWG

Mizzou had a great game plan and executed well. Congrats!  However that was NOT a SEC opponent you played yesterday.  Arkansas was NOT prepared, obviously had NO game plan and executed the NO preparation No game plan plan to perfection.  The Arkansas team that played yesterday would not have beaten Mizzou High School. 

Table Rocker

why are you here........the day AFTER the game????

kuhog

You might be on to something here. Even though the SEC has only 2 losses this bowl season, I too, am not very impressed.

The two most impressive wins were Tennessee over Wisconsin, and Auburn over Clemson. However, Mississippi St. over USF is nothing to brag about. Alabama barely getting over Colorado isn't that impressive. Kentucky escapes from a team missing 36 players from its roster isn't impressive either. Then Georgia beats a highly overrated Hawaii team that definiately was not BCS worthy. But they did beat them the way good teams are supposed to, so I'll give them credit.  

hogfan064

The SEC is 6-2 in bowl games right now.  Mizzou who was the Big XII's #2 team beat a middle of the pack SEC team. 

And yes you beat 2 SEC teams this year.  1 was without a head coach(Arkansas) and the other was about to fire their head coach(Ole Miss).  Congrats on beating 2 SEC teams that combined for a 11-13 record this year.  You should be proud.

RhodeHog

Just put him on your ignore list like I have. 

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: Table Rocker on January 02, 2008, 11:19:47 am
why are you here........the day AFTER the game????

I needed a good laugh to start my day.

rljjr

Hogs got whipped, no doubt about it. But what our Missouri friend fails to realize is that we'll be back, bigger, faster and stronger next season. Missouri will be a nice club next year, but they won't have near the season they did this year. Mizzou is a one-hit wonder, but I will say Pinkel can coach. I thought he did a great job of getting them ready to play and called a great game based on what the D was giving them.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:22:06 am
I needed a good laugh to start my day.

did'nt looking in the mirror work?

HoopS

They bitch slapped us all day.  Props to Missouri.  Really, it is ok to confess that they are better than us this year.  It really is.  And to be honest, saying otherwise makes you look stupid.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: txkrazorback on January 02, 2008, 11:05:23 am
y'know, when I venture into another school's board, I don't talk smack; if I post it's very cordial and cerebral. Agreed: +1 BamaHog.

you may not but i have been on Mizzou boards and there are Hog fans that have showed zero class before the game. I wanted the Hogs to win and believed we could do it, but given the circumstances  it was foolish for people to go to their boards and talk about how we were gonna run over them.

I believe both defenses did what was planned. They played against the run and we had to pass to beat them..couldnt get it done.
I know D'mac did not play well..but Felix looked full speed. If we get a few passes to hurt them I think it makes for a better game..but the passing game was dead.

We stopped their passing game and forced them to run it..which they done quite well.
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

RhodeHog

I never talk smack with other fans or players.  I don't do it before a game, and I don't do it after a game.  Doing so means that you lack class, plain and simple.

DukeOfPork

I'll be the first to say that our performance was pathetic. 

There have been 5 interim coaches thus far in the bowl season and all 5 have lost.  But none of them were involved in such a humiliating loss as this one.  Mizzou BF'ed us and we just took it.  I expected to lose, but I did not expect us to look as disinterested as we did.

That being said, I still think MU's weakness is that they aren't physical when they have to be.  If we weren't so worried about Daniels torching us, we would have lined up in a more normal defense and been able to stop the run.

We only rushed two guys all day and we paid for it by letting Temple go 20 yards before being touched on every carry.

Hats off to Mizzou though; they belonged in a BCS bowl but to their credit, they didn't pout about it.  They took care of business.

HoopS

Talking crap is low class, yes.  I wouldn't blame any Mizzou fan today.  I've read enough stupidity from our fans to merit any kind of reaction the MU fans deem necessary.  Embarrassing.  And completely uneducated comments for weeks about that team.  I don't blame them one bit.  If you went over there and made us all look like idiots, take your fricken medicine and learn.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: HoopS on January 02, 2008, 11:34:28 am
Talking crap is low class, yes.  I wouldn't blame any Mizzou fan today.  I've read enough stupidity from our fans to merit any kind of reaction the MU fans deem necessary.  Embarrassing.  And completely uneducated comments for weeks about that team.  I don't blame them one bit.  If you went over there and made us all look like idiots, take your fricken medicine and learn.
+1
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Nashville Fan

January 02, 2008, 11:45:05 am #44 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:57:11 am by Nashville Fan
Hey MO... we will kick out Vandy if you want to play a real schedule. :) Good game. Wish we would could have put the game off for a year and played you with a real coach. I am sure well meet up with you in the NC game in a couple of years. :)
Pittman or Bust!

slowride

Quote from: CWAYHAWG on January 02, 2008, 11:16:34 am
Mizzou had a great game plan and executed well. Congrats!  However that was NOT a SEC opponent you played yesterday.  Arkansas was NOT prepared, obviously had NO game plan and executed the NO preparation No game plan plan to perfection.  The Arkansas team that played yesterday would not have beaten Mizzou High School. 

They don't lose much for next year.  How are they going to be a one-hit wonder with most of their team coming back?  I sure wouldn't want to play them next year.  Although, knowing our athletic dept., Mo will show up on our 2009 ooc schedule along with the other tough teams we play.

wholehog92

Quote from: HoopS on January 02, 2008, 11:34:28 am

Well said sir +1
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

HoopS

That effort got me put on ignore by someone.  LOL. Oh well.  I'm sorry if I'm being a jerk today, but it needed to be said.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: HoopS on January 02, 2008, 11:27:23 am
They **** slapped us all day.  Props to Missouri.  Really, it is ok to confess that they are better than us this year.  It really is.  And to be honest, saying otherwise makes you look stupid.

If you are talking to me, I did not say they were not better than us. They were. They kilt us. However, I have trouble sitting quietly while some MO Troll comes on here and disrespects us.

Not sure who you were addressing.

HoopS

Talk all the trash you want Bama.  I was addressing the ones who went over to their boards and talked 10 kinds of crap and when we get served, disappear or if they show up, they talk more crap and look even worse. 

He probably shouldn't come here woofing, but if you read the crap our fans spewed on their boards, you'd probably think the ones who did it deserve the earfull they are getting. 

I played ball and I never liked our fans disrespecting another team and in particular, when they were severly wrong.  I always respected my opponent as a player and try to do the same as a fan.  It almost always bites us in the butt, yet some never learn. 

You know if I'm speaking to you or not.  I hope you were not one that acted like they we're a bunch of turds.  If so, I'd hope that you would have the cajones to go admit you we're wrong.

Just sayin...