Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get the hell out Reggie and Ole miss coaches

Started by forrest city joe, January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CurlyTail

Good riddance to all of you. Thanks for nothing, enjoy Oxford

bcdeputy

Their offensive line just plain DOMINATED the game, plain and simple,  that's why the OL is the most important position on the field. 

snoblind

Quote from: judgeroyswine on January 01, 2008, 03:29:32 pm
Excepting the Miami loss in Little Rock so long ago, all of the worst losses in Razorback history have been on the watch of these coaches.

Pitiful!

Don't leave out the citadel game. and didn't we lose by 40-45 to Tenn during Ford's time?

bcdeputy

Quote from: CurlyTail on January 01, 2008, 05:44:47 pm
Good riddance to all of you. Thanks for nothing, enjoy Oxford

Incredible!!!  Just plain incredible!!  Good luck Bobby P. if you don't win the national title in 3 years, the fans will run you out of the state!!

Rockhawg

That game was the worst i have ever seen a Razorback team represented.
The lack of Senior Leadership was obvious. I knew going in we would be out coached.
But, the lack of Razorback Pride was what made me hang my head in shame.
Petrino has more work to do than even he probably thought was possible.
This one is on the SENIORS and their lack of PRIDE.
It falls on the Seniors when there is adversity to overcome.

hogmafia

hogmafia

Quote from: bcdeputy on January 01, 2008, 05:47:24 pm
Incredible!!!  Just plain incredible!!  Good luck Bobby P. if you don't win the national title in 3 years, the fans will run you out of the state!!
you sir are a total DA. get  outta here and join Hooty at Olemiss

deucea729

Quote from: bcdeputy on January 01, 2008, 05:47:24 pm

This fanbase just gave Houston Nutt and his outclassed band of yes-men a full decade to not even get a conference championship; there's no way we don't give Bobby Petrino as long as he needs.

Preach on, FCJoe.

redintheface

what do you expect, it was a BOWL GAME. Bowl games for us are treated like consolation prizes. Our players are NEVER ready for these games. What is it now 3 out 14 wins on bowl games?

Hoggish1

Quote from: willyacs on January 01, 2008, 03:30:47 pm
Reggis was probably just over his head.
We were out coached and out played.
I think Reggie was trying and the players too, they just got beat by a better team.
We're just not very good. DMAC looked average, at best, today. Maybe he just
had a bad day. It was a terrible game to be a hog, but way so hard on Reggie.
Good luck to him, whereever he ends up.
Thanks Reggie, Now Let BobbyBall begin.

Come on!  Aren't you just a little bit pissed at what the man who thought he was Mickey Andrews did with five weeks of preparation?

Reggie, don't let the safety blitz hit you in the ass on your way out the door

Hoggish1

Quote from: El Dogg Hog on January 01, 2008, 03:33:42 pm
Now I can see why they DIDN't hire Reggie. That was a pitiful game. Felix Jones and Peyton Hills were the two best players out today. DMAC didn't look like himself...maybe too many distractions. But that was terrible and they just got whooped my Mizzou. The coaches need to go to Ole Piss, they didn't care about Razorback football today.

Really?  So, when was it you ever saw these coaches care about Razorback football?

gcraise1

IMO thats why I said before, If the coaches have committed to another University, no way in the world should they have any contact with a player from their former team. And no way in  hell should he be allowed to coach a bowl game before he leaves. I feel this was one last jab at us for the HDN era ending. The University should have either declined the bowl game, or have coaches even if it is pelphrey fill in for one game. And the coaches who have committed to another school should have been told to leave the campus the day they accepted an offer from another school. Another bad decision on the part of our University, JMO.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 01, 2008, 03:34:10 pm
Well, maybe it wasn't all HDN's fault after all...David Lee had NO gameplan, Herring's D made NO adjustments at halftime, Shibest's special teams played "special" once again...(I know, these are HDN's guys...)

Give ANY team a month to prepare against us and we don't stand a chance with the current regime!  Good riddance, fellas!

PS...Is there not another QB on the sideline that we could have tried?!??!

We have been watching these "coaches" for years.  I can't remember when we've had a game plan or made successful adjustments at half.  We came out at the half and it got worse.  How do you explain that; mailing it in, stupidity?  I say it's both.

Herring has no clue how to stop the spread (the offense that can't work in the SEC). He had 4 weeks to figure it out, but his stubborn ego, like Nutt's, knows only the  mad dog, pin its ears back and bring the house method of defense.  That's suicide against the HUNH spread.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Pulse on January 01, 2008, 03:39:37 pm
Reggie just said he was sorry for the way the hogs played.

He doesn't have what it takes. He needs to leave.

But did he say he was sorry for the way they "coached?"

dougieritch

Boy wasn't Special Teams a Disappointment as always...I'm so Glad Shibest is Gone, what a joke!

weresoclose

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 01, 2008, 03:27:45 pm
Take Casey Dick and Reggie Fish with you!

Casey got flushed b/c of our O-line's complete subordination to the wishes of the Mizzou D.

We were owned in the trenches.  I don't like Casey, but that's not where our main problem was today IMO.

Fish shouldn't be on a D1 field. 

The Pulse

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 01, 2008, 06:24:45 pm
But did he say he was sorry for the way they "coached?"
I was thinking that as well when he said it.... At least he can man up and take some blame.
But still..he needs to leave.

porkurina

If the Ole Miss coaches were allowed to stay to help the team "cope" then BP better hire a doctor for the team.  They did nothing but leave a very sour taste for everyone. I just thank the Lord that Broyles and the MSM will not be allowed to do anything else with OUR team.  With it being the last game for Broyles as AD it was kind of fitting that we played as we did.  This was what it came to with Broyles staying toooooooooooooooooo long.

smartyhog

Reggie once said, "Just you wait, You will see what happens when David Lee is unleashed." Today, I saw nothing different, just a bad team. BP, it is time to get make adjustments to the coaching staff. Show no mercy!! Today was your proof for ANY modifications that needs to be done.

Still-A-Hog

It's not too hard to rush against a 2 or 3 man front and everyone else in pass coverage.  Yeah, good game plan Reggie.  Thank goodness you will never be our head coach or defensive cooridnator again.  I have never seen a worse coached team.  You are like a bad version of HDN, which isn't saying much.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Lulu Hog on January 01, 2008, 03:27:55 pm
I hope Casey goes pro. ;)

Casey will go pro in something other than sports.  Just like the commercial says.  

greasy_corner

I left after ARs last failed drive in the 4th qtr.  Don't recall the time left on the clock--something like 2 mins.  I met David Lee as he was emerging from the Press box (via a tent) and was getting in a golf cart.  Mighty fast elevators, or he left early too.  I told him he couldn't get to Ole Miss quick enough. 

momtotbl

Personally, I think Reggie tried as best as he could. He really wanted the hogs to do well today.  He PERSONALLY had a lot riding on it today.  But, seriously, think about what he was working with!!  You know the Ole Miss coaches were not working with him at all.  Horton was helping Petrino with recruiting. (Thank goodness!)  But, who do he have?  And on top of that, how many of the players were truly giving it 100%?

lumphog

Next time we see the OLE MISS MAFIA they`ll have BOBBY`S foot hangin out their A$$!!!!!!!

txkrazorback

..and the rest of the ole miss coaches head out of Arkansas..
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

lumphog

Quote from: greasy_corner on January 01, 2008, 10:02:46 pm
I left after ARs last failed drive in the 4th qtr.  Don't recall the time left on the clock--something like 2 mins.  I met David Lee as he was emerging from the Press box (via a tent) and was getting in a golf cart.  Mighty fast elevators, or he left early too.  I told him he couldn't get to Ole Miss quick enough. 
+1.....Tell it like it IS

irishman

Quote from: blunthog on January 01, 2008, 03:38:39 pm
I have been away with no cable for about 2 weeks. Did we hire Ellis Johnson from Mississippi st.? My friend was telling me this today. Thanks for any info

Yes, or so it has been reported.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Half of them looked hungover.  Clean house, top to bottom.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

BartIV

The fake punt said it all for me.  The first time that it was done and worked was genius.  But the timeout ruined it.  But then to come back and do the same fake punt, that was just a lousy coaching call.
If you want to go for it on forth down, just do it the right way.  Get your offense out there and make a play, but don't run the same play.

Ole miss should be interesting to watch.

3kgthog

What are we griping about? We've now lost 12 of our last 14 bowl games with a big handful of those being complete decimations. This game should've been no surprise and shame on you if it was. You never, ever ever ever, anticipate a Razorback win in bowls. I don't care how big a glass half-full or Razorback fan you are. You just don't do it. The coaches and players today were simply carrying on tradition. Isn't tradition what a lot of those on the hill are afraid of changing? Embrace it, hug it, hold it tight to your bosom.

We should all be pretty freaking ecstatic knowing we'll get to face David Lee's offense at Ole Miss and then Herring's defense at aTm. We could break every UA offensive record against Herring's D and set some good defensive marks against Lee's O.

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 01, 2008, 10:54:34 pm
What are we griping about? We've now lost 12 of our last 14 bowl games with a big handful of those being complete decimations. This game should've been no surprise and shame on you if it was. You never, ever ever ever, anticipate a Razorback win in bowls. I don't care how big a glass half-full or Razorback fan you are. You just don't do it. The coaches and players today were simply carrying on tradition. Isn't tradition what a lot of those on the hill are afraid of changing? Embrace it, hug it, hold it tight to your bosom.

We should all be pretty freaking ecstatic knowing we'll get to face David Lee's offense at Ole Miss and then Herring's defense at aTm. We could break every UA offensive record against Herring's D and set some good defensive marks against Lee's O.

Ha ha, GREAT post!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

hog_fan

I think some players are for sure pissed.

Rooka

losthawg68

may be a good idea for him to do.  we don't need any players rolling over on him like they did in atlanta
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Albert Einswine

What this team needs is something akin to what Bear Bryant did with the A&M team in "The Junction Boys".

This bunch needs to be purified by trial from the taint of Nutt.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Amen to Fresh Legs and FCJ.

Any player - and I mean ANY PLAYER - who has ANY problem with Nutt being forced out needs to join him at Ole Miss.

Clean house, top to bottom.

Gohawgs71

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 01, 2008, 11:20:41 pm
He has basically said two things today:

1)  Petrino needs to sit down with the players.  If you are upset about Hooty and his staff of career, incompetent assistants going to Oxford...hit the road with them.  I'm sure you can find a nice bus ride over there.  If you want to be a Razorback and fight like you're supposed to, then hop on board and get busy this offseason. 

2)  We'll be in better shape and the future is bright.

Joe, jump in and correct me if I misspoke. 

All I can say is...AMEN!

Hope BP talks to them in person and doesn't send a letter.  Was really the lightening rod that got the biggest play in the media

chortle

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 01, 2008, 11:23:43 pm
What this team needs is something akin to what Bear Bryant did with the A&M team in "The Junction Boys".

This bunch needs to be purified by trial from the taint of Nutt.

Several peanut butter sandwiches and bus tickets need to be issued on this team.

press ham

i agree. if you want to leave, beat it.

PigglyWiggly

Quote from: chortle on January 01, 2008, 11:32:20 pm

Several peanut butter sandwiches and bus tickets need to be issued on this team.

haha +1 I can just see them enjoyin those peanut Nutt-er sandwiches...

mvpiglet

Quote from: Lulu Hog on January 01, 2008, 03:27:55 pm

I hope Casey goes pro. ;)

I hope Casey makes remarkable improvement under Petrino. But, if Casey announced he was transferring tomorrow, do you think USC would offer him a scholarship?  Pete Carroll has won 6 Pac Ten Championships and 2 National Championships in his seven years at USC; and he offered Mitch Mustain and Damian Williams when they opted to transfer from Arkansas. Would he offer Casey?

Boy, I just know what we would have done without the great insight and leadership of HDN.

::)

hogman64

I can think of one player that I hope is the first one on the bus to go be with his hero, let him go over there and see if the Ole Miss fans are better evidently he thinks the Arkansas fans are all negative jerks.

hogsnott

We should have expected this, Arkansas winning a New Years Day Bowl would help our reqruiting thus hurting ole Misses (HDN)!  If we win big we might catch the eye of a blue chip or two which in turn makes life harder in the long run on the msm.  I definitly believe they (msm) coached arkansas to an embarrassing loss on purpose.

4thdownnutt

d players that have hair where you can't read their name or thump their chest when its 40 to zip need to be released of their schollie.  I get a feeling Mr. P won't stand for this like nutts did

redbarn

To paraphrase one Houston Nutt, a new season began for Arkansas the second this fiasco of a game was over.  Coach Petrino's staff is on the way and what we saw today will always be a reminder of what we had and make us appreciate even more what we have now.  I think Casey Dick played his last game as a starter today and I also think there will be a lot of other changeups in our starting line on both sides of the ball.  The coming season may be "iffy" as to wins and losses but the football ranks might want to start clearing the way because Petrino's Hogs are going to be moving thru and its going to take one hell of a football team to stop them.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

nervestrike

BaggerHog

January 02, 2008, 12:42:39 am #97 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:47:28 am by BaggerVance
I heard over the weekend that Sabin wants to pull 20 to 24 scholarships at Alabama. Maybe Petrino should think of doing the same.

I felt the same way today as I did driving home from the 1961 and 1966 Cotton Bowl games. What makes an embarrassing lose is when you know the team could have played much better but just did not put out the effort.

And one other thing...Pile up those ugly, ugly, ugly, uniforms and burn them. It's bad enough to play poorly but it's another thing to look like a bunch of clowns while doing it.

saywhat?

Quote from: BaggerVance on January 02, 2008, 12:42:39 am
I heard over the weekend that Sabin wants to pull 20 to 24 scholarships at Alabama. Maybe Petrino should think of doing the same.

I felt the same way today as I did driving home from the 1961 and 1966 Cotton Bowl games. What makes an embarrassing lose is when you know the team could have played much better but just did not put out the effort.

And one other thing...Pile up those ugly, ugly, ugly, uniforms and burn them. It's bad enough to play poorly but it's another thing to look like a bunch of clowns while doing it.

I know of at least 14 Saban has already pulled.

bcshog

The whole team top to bottom made me want to  :puke: