Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get the hell out Reggie and Ole miss coaches

Started by forrest city joe, January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VenturaHog

This was maybe the worst loss I've seen, worse than the USC ones because the USC was an incredble team both years they creamed us. The players were so flat and the playcalling was so crappy, I couldn't beleive my eyes.

bcdeputy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 01, 2008, 06:03:27 pm
Really?  So, when was it you ever saw these coaches care about Razorback football?

Yep, your right.  They just went through the motions for all those years.  Never cared once if we won a game or not.  Three West Division championships didn't mean a darn thing did they?

Dont get Caseyd

I've got a few thoughts on this.  This is COLLEGE Football, these guys that a crying and moaning over Nutt leaving need to grow a pair.  If they want to transfer - GREAT they can sit out a year. Two, that's a lesson in life.  I've got hired at a new company and my boss that hired me left within two months.  I didn't cry and go on TV/Radio and talk about how disappointed I was with the firm - I went to work EVERY DAY...because that's life.
I\'ll hang up and listen

Conway Cool Daddy

Life is all about change.
It's time for some people to grow up.

Our team is twice as good today as it was yesterday.

Coach Lee

Amen to that, it is life and the quicker these guys learn it the better.  But if you look at the general workforce today, they are just like the guys that are crying about it.  Things change in the work place and job performance is out the window due to "protest."  We need to start bringing kids up that understand that life IS hard knocks including sports.

hogsanity

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 01, 2008, 11:20:41 pm
He has basically said two things today:

1)  Petrino needs to sit down with the players.  If you are upset about Hooty and his staff of career, incompetent assistants going to Oxford...hit the road with them.  I'm sure you can find a nice bus ride over there.  If you want to be a Razorback and fight like you're supposed to, then hop on board and get busy this offseason. 

2)  We'll be in better shape and the future is bright.

Joe, jump in and correct me if I misspoke. 

All I can say is...AMEN!

So now the line " we only want players that want to be Razorbacks" is okay to use?  Just checking, because I remember many posts derriding this very line from another coach. 

Now, before someone bans me, I AGREE that anyone upset about who their coach is, needs to look in the mirror and decide if they can give their all for the team and the coach.  If they can, then fine, if not, move on.  THis is not something unique to the hogs, this has to be done at many schools.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Conway Cool Daddy

I guess I missed the comments from our players.

What was said?

hoggystyle78

I'm with Shanon, clean house from top to bottom. Let em sit out a year and go play for thier idiot hero! If you got a problem being a Razorback cause your precious nutty's gone feel free to leave at your earliest convenience, and get ready for that a$$ whoopin Arkansas' gonna put on you and your boy next year in Fayetteville!!

sooie dog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 02, 2008, 09:29:32 am
So now the line " we only want players that want to be Razorbacks" is okay to use?  Just checking, because I remember many posts derriding this very line from another coach. 

Now, before someone bans me, I AGREE that anyone upset about who their coach is, needs to look in the mirror and decide if they can give their all for the team and the coach.  If they can, then fine, if not, move on.  THis is not something unique to the hogs, this has to be done at many schools.

Put in simple terms for the local DA.  If you want to play for Nutt go ahead and transfer to OM.  Isn't that simple.

10thPlanet

Yes, that want to be Razorbacks and not Nutt Huggers.

preach33

Words of wisdom from the Joe. Hit the road guys. Being a Hog is a thing of honour. It is not attached to a coach or staff member. But, a tradition that represents an entire state.

Thrilbilly

I agree. Players that are not satisfied with where we are at today need to bid farewell to Arkansas. If they stay they will only continue to humiliate themselves and the State as they did yesterday.

Hogchittlins

I don't blast coaches,however, Rocker tried his best to push AROB into a fight (he followed him into the shower) all year.  It showed on the field by his playing time.  Rocker, "GET THE HELL OUT".

wholehog92

I haven't heard anything from our players that would indicate they are interested in leaving.  I saw a team that quit on the field while playing for a staff that is leaving.  If they are upset about playing for Petrino, take a day to decide if you were playing for Nutt or the U of A.  If it was Nutt, then quickly enroll at Ole Miss, sit down, and see how your loyalty (or lack of it) works out for you.  Hopefully someone sits down with these young men and points out the life lesson of two masters.  We have sent our sons to a coach that taught them to serve his needs of ego for 10 years, not the program we cheered for.  It's not going to change in three or four weeks.  We don't have time to let kids that can't learn this quickly to cause problems for the new staff.  To the kids that don't understand or can't make the transition, I'm sorry we did that to you, but life is not fair.  To the kids that have learned to make adjustments or understood who they were dealing with to begin with and were genuinely Hogs because they loved the state, then we look forward to cheering for you next year.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

havok

Quote from: psychopig on January 01, 2008, 04:05:52 pm
Amen!  The Nutt era is over.  Ole Miss can have them all!  Pathetic.

The Statistics from that game should be Laminated and handed to Every Recruit considering Ole Miss....  saying..  "take a look on there and see your embarrasing future with these clowns".

kgr

They quit.  Losing is bad enough; but, to quit before the end of the first quarter.

You quitters ~ leave, now and don't let the door knob hit ya' where the dog shoulda' bit ya'

hoggystyle78

Thank God!!, they're Ole Miss' problem now!

Publius

Quote from: chortle on January 01, 2008, 11:32:20 pm

Several peanut butter sandwiches and bus tickets need to be issued on this team.
Chortle, that footage of the streaker is almost as good as Uncle Ivan's "Eddie Sutton" avatar!  LMAO!  Thanks.

kgr

We need football players to play for ARKANSAS not cultists of the former coach.

Publius

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 02, 2008, 09:59:44 am
I haven't heard anything from our players that would indicate they are interested in leaving.  I saw a team that quit on the field while playing for a staff that is leaving.  If they are upset about playing for Petrino, take a day to decide if you were playing for Nutt or the U of A.  If it was Nutt, then quickly enroll at Ole Miss, sit down, and see how your loyalty (or lack of it) works out for you.  Hopefully someone sits down with these young men and points out the life lesson of two masters.  We have sent our sons to a coach that taught them to serve his needs of ego for 10 years, not the program we cheered for.  It's not going to change in three or four weeks.  We don't have time to let kids that can't learn this quickly to cause problems for the new staff.  To the kids that don't understand or can't make the transition, I'm sorry we did that to you, but life is not fair.  To the kids that have learned to make adjustments or understood who they were dealing with to begin with and were genuinely Hogs because they loved the state, then we look forward to cheering for you next year.
Good post.  +1

CarolinaSwine

BP doesn't need to have a sit-down with the team.  Players that don't give 100% on the field will be benched next year.  The players just knew no one had recourse yesterday if they decided to give half the effort.  I doubt any player that bitter about TCTWF's departure would be back next year to give half the effort, sit the bench, etc.

Grag T

What a train wreck.  Definitely the most uninspired "performance" I've ever seen.  The only positive for me was the fact that we looked so bad, I was able to stop watching the game and finally hook up my new ceiling light in the living room.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

DeltaBoy

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 02, 2008, 09:59:44 am

I agree 92 !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

5 little pigs

And.......for those of you upset that we didn't "give Reggie serious consideraton".....I submit to you the impressive coaching display at yesterday's Cotton Bowl.  Texas A&M will really be getting a great coach!!!   What a well coached team we had yesterday?  Ole Miss should have been proud to know this bunch of up and coming coaches will be molding their football team next season!!  Good riddance!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm
You guys are a disgrace to coaches everywhere. and for the players who cant get over Nutt being forced out here. you can leave too.i have never seen coaches and players (NOT ALL PLAYERS) not even try like i saw today. it was a disgrace to arkansas football. BP now takes over this program. it's going to take some time. but i believe he will get it done. GO HAWGS. i still love this program.

Amen  you ole pissers don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbass

There were a few players that played like they wanted to win, Hillis, and Jones.

Choctaw Hog

I couldn't agree more.  If ANY player doesn't like the new coach or can't get over Houston leaving, then they should hit the road with him.  Peroid!  Based on the way many of them played yesterday, it may not be their choice.

HoginHouston

FCJ: Amen! Good post, and you echo the feelings of many of us...
Go Hogs Go.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 01, 2008, 11:20:41 pm
He has basically said two things today:

1)  Petrino needs to sit down with the players.  If you are upset about Hooty and his staff of career, incompetent assistants going to Oxford...hit the road with them.  I'm sure you can find a nice bus ride over there.  If you want to be a Razorback and fight like you're supposed to, then hop on board and get busy this offseason. 

2)  We'll be in better shape and the future is bright.

Joe, jump in and correct me if I misspoke. 

All I can say is...AMEN!
You are right on the money. Nutt is fired. and he is not coming back. those who can't get over it and make a commitment to our new coach and program, need to leave.

Fort Swine

The Nutt era is over.  It is time to move on.  I understand that these players on the Hill were recruited by Nutt, but the nature of the beast is that a coaching change can and did happen.  Get over it.  You are suppose to represent the University of Arkansas, not HDN.  Over the next few years, BP will get his people in there and slowly the HDN seed will wilt. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

OTTER

I haven't been able to get on for a while-computer problems.  Joe, you hit the mark as usual.  I believe that the coaching staff quit on the players 3 weeks ago and the players quit on the staff.  I have never seen such a lack of effort buy a staff, the offensive players, or the defensive players.  It was a disgrace to the Razorback program and an insult to the fans.  Even the pep squads were horrible.  I am glad to put this year behind us, looking forward to the new coaching staff, and hopefully someone who has pride in the program will take over the pep squads and make them do their jobs too.  I will be at the spring game and I will be a Hog fan till I die, but this new staff has a job ahead of them not only teaching a new system but making sure that the players that stay understand the pride of being a Razorback.  Good lawd--what a horrible end to a season!!  I wonder when the first Petrino arse chewing will take place? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

rzrbackphil

you're right FCJ, the nutter's need to go

LET'S GO PETRINO, KICK SOME BUTT

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dont get Caseyd on January 02, 2008, 09:23:10 am
I've got a few thoughts on this.  This is COLLEGE Football, these guys that a crying and moaning over Nutt leaving need to grow a pair.  If they want to transfer - GREAT they can sit out a year. Two, that's a lesson in life.  I've got hired at a new company and my boss that hired me left within two months.  I didn't cry and go on TV/Radio and talk about how disappointed I was with the firm - I went to work EVERY DAY...because that's life.
My friend you are right on the money.there always has been and always will be change in life.

Bama Hog™

You are either with us or you are against us I say.

The last thing we need is members of this team that love Nutt more than they do the University. If you are unhappy, hit the road. We could not look much worse than yesterday anyway.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

HogSophist

Quote from: saywhat? on January 02, 2008, 01:37:45 am
I know of at least 14 Saban has already pulled.

Saban has pulled his own offers, or were these offers to juniors from the previous coach?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

98hogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm
You guys are a disgrace to coaches everywhere. and for the players who cant get over Nutt being forced out here. you can leave too.i have never seen coaches and players (NOT ALL PLAYERS) not even try like i saw today. it was a disgrace to arkansas football. BP now takes over this program. it's going to take some time. but i believe he will get it done. GO HAWGS. i still love this program.

Preaching to the choir Joe!  AMEN!

hogsrock

January 02, 2008, 10:48:12 am #137 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:50:29 am by hogsrock

Hey HUGGER, "Fresh Legs" was talking about kids that are already part of the program.  Your "BROTHA" was talking about why he didn't bother recruiting the best home grown athletes this state has ever seen.  Banned hell, you should be exiled to mississippi for life.
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

forrest city joe

I have watched Razorback football for over 40 years.and i have never seen anything like i saw yeasterday.i want coach BP to look at the film and see who tried hard and wants to be here.then bring each player in and talk to them, and see if they are commited to our program. again, the ones who are pissed and can't get over Nutt's being forced out. need to leave now.if you were trying to prove a point by not trying yeasterday. you did it. you proved that you are losers and should never have been given a chance to be a fighting razorback. GET OUT!

Nutts and Bolts

It may not be made public but I am sure there will be quite a few players told that they should look for another school...  I do not believe in that "We offered them a scollie and should live up to it" crap...  CBP is a "Business man" type coach and I like it... He is here to win and not BS around. 
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

forrest city joe

I dont like seeing the Razorbacks lose, but i can live with it as long as they are trying hard. but when you don't ever try and you quit. i have no respect for you. and i want you gone. i hope coach BP look at this film, and see who quit.

Publius

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2008, 11:18:55 am
I have watched Razorback football for over 40 years.and i have never seen anything like i saw yeasterday.i want coach BP to look at the film and see who tried hard and wants to be here.then bring each player in and talk to them, and see if they are commited to our program. again, the ones who are pissed and can't get over Nutt's being forced out. need to leave now.if you were trying to prove a point by not trying yeasterday. you did it. you proved that you are losers and should never have been given a chance to be a fighting razorback. GET OUT!
Couldn't agree more...just as an aside, any player who engages in trash talking as the other team is cleaning his clock needs to be shown the door.  How stupid does it make us look when our pathetic D-backs get in the face of the opposing team's receivers after giving up a big play on 3rd and long!?  God, I hate that!

GolfnHog

If I'm not mistaken athletic scholarships are renewal each year. They are not guaranteed for a 4 year period. That being said, evaluation, top to bottom of the team is in order to see what the upcoming recruiting needs are gonna be.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on January 02, 2008, 11:35:32 am
It may not be made public but I am sure there will be quite a few players told that they should look for another school...  I do not believe in that "We offered them a scollie and should live up to it" crap...  CBP is a "Business man" type coach and I like it... He is here to win and not BS around. 
Good point. BP is the kind of coach who will not put up with losers and crybaby's. i think he will tell some of these guys to hit the road.

bcdeputy

Quote from: hogmafia on January 01, 2008, 05:52:59 pm
you sir are a total DA. get  outta here and join Hooty at Olemiss

By the way... I'm not the District Attorney!!!  That is what you meant wasn't it??? 

RazorBassin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 02, 2008, 11:18:55 am

AMEN!!!  Preach on.  I agree 100%  There were several players that quit, and we ended up being embarassed.  We are lucky that we even scored.  I guess I can say at least it wasn't a goose on the scoreboard.

Chief Mac

Quote from: willyacs on January 01, 2008, 03:36:26 pm
They probably did quit, but I'm surprised they even tried to show up with
all they've been thru. Just be thankful some of them are still here. I'm sure
this hurt alot of the kids on the field. They are our kids.
why can't we just get off the negative and start fresh with our new coach.
This tirade at Reggie, Ole Piss coaches, and players is just bad.
Looks like we want to keep going with all this negative stuff for another
couple of years.

and it still looks like the pollyannas can't see the forrest for the trees
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PCHogs

Quote from: judgeroyswine on January 01, 2008, 03:29:32 pm
Excepting the Miami loss in Little Rock so long ago, all of the worst losses in Razorback history have been on the watch of these coaches.

Pitiful!

Absolutely right!  I am speechless how badly this team played for THE COTTON BOWL.  How can a team not be prepared and up for this game!  I do not understand it!  The kicker to me was the ridiculous fake punt/timeout/same play fiasco.  Nobody does that on purpose.  Not even Nutt and his people are that stupid.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

reddogjcss

A buddy of mine said Nutt was doing the same thing again; I had to remind him that Nutt was no longer there he was at Ole Miss. He said who ever is calling the plays was on the phone the whole time with Nutt. your so right FCJ good riddence, & the players that don't want to be here; so long.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HotlantaHog

Quote from: sowbelly on January 01, 2008, 03:34:26 pm
How many of you Reggie fans still want him to be head coach or defensive coordinator?
I never wanted Reggie to be head coach or coordinator, but I am not thrilled by the personal attacks on him. He is NOT part of the Nutt mafia, has a real coaching resume and has some sense of accountability. Should he be here? No. But I wish him a successful future and we may all be surprised that he lands pretty well on his feet.  Good luck, Reggie (and goodbye.)