Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

espn's fan pickem..74% say mizzou?

Started by drivetimeporks, December 31, 2007, 05:34:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke STYwalker

But you are however; trashing this site, by saying it isn't as good as that other you mentioned..   Right????

Donny2665

Who cares what anything that ESPNobody is saying, They are all a bunch of Losers.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Honey

Quote from: Shuga Town HEMI on December 31, 2007, 10:17:00 pm

I'm not agreeing with breaking the rules, obviously no one understands that. I just don't think you should be banned for disagreeing with a mod, when it wouldn't happen if you disagreed with a regular member of this forum.

Ive never seen them ban anyone for disagreeing with them.  I' have seen them ban people who are trolls and who have no desire for conversation but are here just to trash others

dakpowers

Quote from: Shuga Town HEMI on December 31, 2007, 10:17:00 pm
I'm not new to the internet buddy, I've probably been on it way before you and was making websites in HTML on angelfire when you were still writing letters through snail mail.

I won't continue with this argument any further because it doesn't pertain to the topic, but I will say this: If you think Angelfire is "old school", then you've told me a lot about your age and Internet experience.

Donny2665

Quote from: dakpowers on December 31, 2007, 10:29:22 pm
I won't continue with this argument any further because it doesn't pertain to the topic, but I will say this: If you think Angelfire is "old school", then you've told me a lot about your age and Internet experience.

You gotta remember your arguing with someone who drives a Dodge, ;D
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Shuga Town HEMI

December 31, 2007, 10:52:07 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 10:53:49 pm by Shuga Town HEMI
Quote from: Luke STYwalker on December 31, 2007, 10:25:18 pm
When was it you were treated like trash?

I wasn't, but the other member who was told he would probably be banned for arguing with the mod was. Or would have been.

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on December 31, 2007, 10:26:33 pm
But you are however; trashing this site, by saying it isn't as good as that other you mentioned..   Right????

I said the mods on it don't ban people because they disagree with their opinion or act like they aren't the god of the internet because they have the power to delete posts and ban people on a forum on the internet, where freedom of speech is most accepted.

Quote from: Honey on December 31, 2007, 10:27:58 pm
Ive never seen them ban anyone for disagreeing with them.  I' have seen them ban people who are trolls and who have no desire for conversation but are here just to trash others

Me either, but one member insinuated that it could happen if one guy didn't quit disagreeing with what a mod said.

Quote from: dakpowers on December 31, 2007, 10:29:22 pm

I'm 21, but I know about IRC and some kind of program that used a modem but wasn't the internet we know now and even then. My uncle is a computer tech and was studying them when he was in college, 20 or more years ago. He then became a professor that taught computer classes and passed certifications in 3 days that takes college students a semester to learn. I've been around computers my whole life and when the internet was available in Arkansas(our town atleast), I'm sure we were the first in our town to get. I know for a fact we were the first to get get cable, cause my uncle had it first to test it out for them. He is "the computer guy". My I should mention that my uncle took the role as my father, since my father didn't.(since an uncle to some, might not be as important to others)

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on December 31, 2007, 10:39:22 pm
You gotta remember your arguing with someone who drives a Dodge, ;D

A Charger...not to mention its half Mercedes(some same parts on it as on Mercedes cars). Sorry I don't drive a Z71 or a F-150. Or god forbid any other CAR on the road, because theres not many I would rather be driving. The one's that I would cost twice as much or more.

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: Shuga Town HEMI on December 31, 2007, 10:52:07 pm
I wasn't, but the other member who was told he would probably be banned for arguing with the mod was. Or would have been.

I said the mods on it don't ban people because they disagree with their opinion or act like they aren't the god of the internet because they have the power to delete posts and ban people on a forum on the internet, where freedom of speech is most accepted.

Me either, but one member insinuated that it could happen if one guy didn't quit disagreeing with what a mod said.

That member called that "moderator" a d*ckweed..     he probably should have been booted..  But he still wasn't as far as I can tell..   Nobody said nothing about a difference of opinion being a problem..  Other board members jumped in and said he ought to be more respectful..  Then you showd up..

Shuga Town HEMI

January 01, 2008, 12:25:15 am #57 Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 12:27:32 am by Shuga Town HEMI
Quote from: Luke STYwalker on December 31, 2007, 11:53:10 pm
That member called that "moderator" a d*ckweed..     he probably should have been booted..  But he still wasn't as far as I can tell..   Nobody said nothing about a difference of opinion being a problem..  Other board members jumped in and said he ought to be more respectful..  Then you showd up..

Yeah I showed up because I don't believe a mod should be treated with more respect than a normal member because of their title. Maybe if they were a contributing poster(and I'm sure that mod was) they deserve respect for that, but no one should be banned for disagreeing with a mod. Thats a personal grudge and if it was between two regular members, theres nothing either of them could do. If its between a mod and a regular member, a "unfair" mod could ban the other, even if they made a point in what they said.

A lot of people don't like to be proved wrong and this thread is an example. I haven't spoken Ill of anyone in this thread, just trying to say everyone should be treated equal regardless of post count or if they are a mod. My karma was 3/-3 before this thread,Now its 4/-21 and I haven't said anything negative at all. I was just sticking up for the little guy.

I used to laugh when people on this board said that this board is what gave razorbacks a bad name, but now I believe it when Razorbacks ban other Razorbacks because they disagree with their opinion. How can you have a united fan base when no one can get along, especially when a message board can't even be fair to its own fans.

Hell I love to argue with people, as you can see, but if someone has more power than the other, they shouldn't abuse it. If you had an argument at work with your boss about the Razorbacks and he didn't agree with your opinion and he fired you, that would be pretty lame right?

I guess I should give up thought, since this board is full of people who don't know how to read. If it's longer than a sentence they hit the negative karma button and move on. They can't read 5 short paragraphs.  Everytime I make a point, no one responds to it, they just come up with some random comment like "lolz you caled the bord trasherz lolz", when I never called this board trash. FYI, the spelling errors are correct in that quote since thats another problem on this board. 3/4th of them are older than me and they can't put together words or sentences, but because they are older, so they are magically smarter. I know this is Arkansas, but you don't have to live the stereotype.

You guys just cant use this kind of logic in the real world can you?

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on December 31, 2007, 07:31:10 pm
You can remove the above reason. Missouri doesn't even have a bowl record over the last few years. Except the one they lost...to a Houston Nutt coached Arkansas.

You forgot the 2005 Indy Bowl where they beat S. Carolina.

And last year's Sun Bowl where they lost to Oregon on a TD and 2-point conversion with 17 seconds left to play in the game.

Otherwise, you know exactly what you are talking about.

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: Shuga Town HEMI on January 01, 2008, 12:25:15 am
Yeah I showed up because I don't believe a mod should be treated with more respect than a normal member because of their title. Maybe if they were a contributing poster(and I'm sure that mod was) they deserve respect for that, but no one should be banned for disagreeing with a mod. Thats a personal grudge and if it was between two regular members, theres nothing either of them could do. If its between a mod and a regular member, a "unfair" mod could ban the other, even if they made a point in what they said.

A lot of people don't like to be proved wrong and this thread is an example. I haven't spoken Ill of anyone in this thread, just trying to say everyone should be treated equal regardless of post count or if they are a mod. My karma was 3/-3 before this thread,Now its 4/-21 and I haven't said anything negative at all. I was just sticking up for the little guy.

I used to laugh when people on this board said that this board is what gave razorbacks a bad name, but now I believe it when Razorbacks ban other Razorbacks because they disagree with their opinion. How can you have a united fan base when no one can get along, especially when a message board can't even be fair to its own fans.

Hell I love to argue with people, as you can see, but if someone has more power than the other, they shouldn't abuse it. If you had an argument at work with your boss about the Razorbacks and he didn't agree with your opinion and he fired you, that would be pretty lame right?

I guess I should give up thought, since this board is full of people who don't know how to read. If it's longer than a sentence they hit the negative karma button and move on. They can't read 5 short paragraphs.  Everytime I make a point, no one responds to it, they just come up with some random comment like "lolz you caled the bord trasherz lolz", when I never called this board trash. FYI, the spelling errors are correct in that quote since thats another problem on this board. 3/4th of them are older than me and they can't put together words or sentences, but because they are older, so they are magically smarter. I know this is Arkansas, but you don't have to live the stereotype.

You guys just cant use this kind of logic in the real world can you?

you keep on arguing the same points to wich no one on here that I've seen even cares to differ with..    I care nothing for Karma, your getting that from people seeing your rants..   But I guess if you keep it up, you might eventually have enough posts that someone would care to read them..

Luke STYwalker

NuttSu

That 26% must have been smoking dope and drinking shine.