Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shibest going to ole miss --- added link

Started by hogsam, December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogsam on December 23, 2007, 08:58:39 am
Shibest is on his way to ole miss...  guess they want better special teams play...  just goes to show you who was not in tight with the last coach we had...  He saved us a lot of money on them 2 yr contracts he worked out.... 

Fantastic!!!  Our special teams just got 200% better

VoR

Quote from: Kevin on December 23, 2007, 10:16:06 am
rebels get used to the term punt catcher
Hey, it's not fair that you add catcher to the requirements.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

cowboym

Cowboy M

deucea729

Awesome.

Of all the assistants Nutt threw under the bus in his tenure here, Shibest never seemed to be one of them - though sometimes I think he deserved it more than any of the others.

98hogs

Great news!!! He's worth a least 7 pts to each opponent!

ashleyswine

now   can he please take reggie fish with him for his punt catcher?

reddogjcss

Thats great we sucked on special teams. Hopefully Bobby will get a good special teams coach. :razorback:

everybodybleedsred

I don't know if Shibest ever faked a punt but I do believe he faked a special teams coach before.  :razorback:

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

pioneerhawg

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

invisiblehand

do you think they will put their starting tailback on the kick-off team only to have him blow his knee out and ruin his senior year?  i mean, it worked when we played them in 2003 with brandon holmes.  you can't teach that kind of coaching. 

SquidBilly

Now maybe we can actually keep our eyes open when our punt team comes on the field.  I can still remember being in the Dome 8 rows up from the field and seeing Fish muff that punt and Florida recover it for a TD.  Not sure I will ever get that image out of my head.  :(

Slow Moses

Isn't Shibest the guy who showed on national TV how classy Nutt's staff was by acting a fool and pointing & yelling at another team's player?  Didn't Nutt have to put him in an office for a year before letting him coach again to let things settle down?

hog_fan

Quote from: Slow Moses on December 23, 2007, 09:42:01 pm
Isn't Shibest the guy who showed on national TV how classy Nutt's staff was by acting a fool and pointing & yelling at another team's player?  Didn't Nutt have to put him in an office for a year before letting him coach again to let things settle down?

Nope, shibest never moved to the office. Ealy did and is still their. vaughn went to office for one year but cried about wanting to coach so nutt let him coach and moved Campbell back to office.

STRILE

Why the hell are we talking about this man?  Move on people.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

HOGPICKER

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 23, 2007, 12:48:53 pm
When was the last time we faked a punt under Shibest?
Last season. Off hand I can tell which game, but is was an audible and it failed.  In his first 2 seasons, Nutt would run a fake, and it worked a couple of times.  The last 4 years Nutt's idea of rolling the dice was throwing on first down.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

HOGPICKER

I lost count, I thought Shibest was one the 5 announced up front.  Good for him, since he's otherwise unemployable. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

hog_fan

Quote from: STRILE on December 24, 2007, 09:33:15 am
Why the hell are we talking about this man?  Move on people.

Because we are happy he is gone.

Justifiable Hogicide

That incompetent Shibest should have been fired long ago, but loyalty to the Nutt kept him on our payroll doing damage to special teams.

His leaving is a grand plus for the Hogs and a big minus for Olay Miss.

WilsonHog

Great wide receiver, poor coach.

I choose to remember the Shibest I saw on November 24, 1984, when he caught 13 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns against SMU. It is arguably the greatest single-game receiving performance in Razorback history.

His name is mud now, but back then Razorback fans worshipped the ground he walked on.

I wonder how many of the posters in this thread saw that game?   

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 24, 2007, 12:17:16 pm

I choose to remember the Shibest I saw on November 24, 1984, when he caught 13 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns against SMU. It is arguably the greatest single-game receiving performance in Razorback history.

His name is mud now, but back then Razorback fans worshipped the ground he walked on.

I was there...a sophomore at UA actually!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 24, 2007, 12:45:44 pm
I was there...a sophomore at UA actually!!

I was a senior. I watched it from my apartment on Leveritt. Shibest caught everything thrown near him that night.

grayhawg

Quite Frankly

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 24, 2007, 12:17:16 pm

That's a point that I try to remind myself of, but it only gave me more tolerance to accept his poor performance.  In a way, it was a negative because it gave him too much room for error as a coach.

But as a player, he dang sure was money.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Sivad

Shibest to join the Nuttie brothers at Ole Miss...........Another Great Christmas present for the Hogs!

Even Broyles wanted Nuttie to fire this guy.

He was consistently terrible.

HangTenHog

OKCHogFan

Didn't Nutt negotiate 2 year contracts for all his assistants before working on his with the U of A?
Pretty smooth... did the Nutt case screw the U of A even more than we realize?
How did the U of A come out on those contracts? 

razornole

the ones that leave get paid by the new school

if they stay or are fired the U is still on the hook
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett