Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the Hogs make the tournament next year?

Started by batmanfan, April 06, 2005, 07:38:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Yes or No?

I say yes and a 1st round defeat to a mediocre Big 10 team.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hawgfan_18

hmm dunno whats the team gonna look like.  we return all starters.  I don't think anyone in the last recruiting class will provide immediate help, even so i'll remain optimistic and say yes.

Gman

I think it depends who Heath brings in as an assistant.  He needs some major help keeping this team playing as a team.  I went to most of the home games and sitting 6 rows up, you can really see the pouting and looks of disinterest on the player faces.  Especially Townes, he should have been pulled from several of the games.  I understand a player getting frustrated, but this guy was pouting like a big baby.  Heath needs someone to really rip these guys when they act like that, evidently he doesn't have it in him.  As for Brewer going to the NBA, no-way he is ready, nor has he shown the ability to play at that level.  I do however believe he will play in the league.

tophawg19

i just don't see it .I don't see help in the areas we were the weakest . New assistant might help but i don't see stan giving him a free hand .if a new asst. comes and turns the team around it will make stan look bad '.He is in a no win situation .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Gman

Make him look bad??  How could he look any worse than he did at the end of this season?  Team progress going in reverse, total loss of control, declining post season play!  He's trying to save his job now, I say he'll do whatever it takes...

tophawg19

you saw that to huh .just thought it was me & a couple thousand others none of which appear to have offices on the hill .

yossarian

Tougher opponents will mitigate any advantage that will come with experience....

Sorry folks, but it is going to be a fight to get in next year...

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Porquemada

I wouldn't be surprised if the only tournaments they see will be the one in Hawaii and the SEC Tourney.

tophawg19

they gotta let us in the SEC tourney .          don't they ? And we can buy tickets to the final 4 just like everyone else . :D :D :D

tophawg19

nope we'ed need our QB johnson for that he likes to fish .our bball team is playing [go fish]

razorbear

Since it seems most of you who posted on this thread have a handle on the problems, why don't you guys put your names in the hat for the assistant job and you could take us to the tournament the next year when you become the head basketball coach after Heath is fired for not following your advice.

It is ridiculous to think that Heath would not bring in a competent assistant because he would look bad.  Any good Manager surrounds himself with good people because that is what will make them look good.  If he looks bad for anything it is that he appears to not have good coaching assistants around him, but has the opportunity to improve that with this hire.

This is the same kind of trash that was talked when Nolan first came and he ended up taking us to the National Championship.  Nolan then got lazy and thought he was a human rights activist instead of a good basketball coach and allowed our program to fall into the shape it is currently in.  Heath needs another year to turn this around and then the criticism will be more than warrented, until then cut him some slack.

Brutha, you got to get real!

HogInGermany

Quote from: UAGrad95 on April 07, 2005, 10:27:12 am
Nope. Heath gets no slack. He's had more than ample time to show progress. None has been shown. The same year Nolan was fired, the University of North Carolina was 8-20 (a WORSE record than Arkansas). Need I remind you what happened Monday night in St. Louis?

Listen, in football you need to get your first recruiting class to their 4th and 5th years before you can truly be evaluated. However, in basketball, with the recruits that Heath has brought in, he should have had us in the tournament this year. One of the most telling indicators of Heath's inepitude is that his team got significantly worse the longer the year went on. By the end of the year, these hot shot, talented recruits couldn't play one bit. He successfully coached them from "Talented but young and inexpereinced," to "Talented but one of the worst teams ever to walk onto a basketball court, with no idea how to break a zone."

Exactly, he has had enough time to show what he is capable of.