Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No more Pink...

Started by Jaison Black, April 05, 2005, 01:57:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaison Black

Taken from ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2030367

Burnt Orange... nice.

Don't think it would have much effect on some kids though. Most don't understand the rivalry that exists/existed between the two schools.

I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Kevin

i am a testicular survivor.  they can wear yellow and put livestrong on the front. great pr!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Extra Point

Quote from: Kevin on April 05, 2005, 02:09:13 pm
i am a testicular survivor. they can wear yellow and put livestrong on the front. great pr!
I like your attitude and am glad you beat it.

Somehow I can't imagine Lance having ANY problem with using the same color as he does (as does the sport of cycling).

WindyCityHog

This PC crap is WAY out of control......I didn't think you could trademark a color.  The problem with the world is everyone looks for a reason to be offended.....How in the world does putting pink jersies on football players have anything to do with breast cancer survivors?  Seriously.....I just don't get the connection.  Someone please explain....

Kevin

there is no connection.  it is  nonsense
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mikeirwin

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 05, 2005, 02:24:51 pm
This PC crap is WAY out of control......I didn't think you could trademark a color. The problem with the world is everyone looks for a reason to be offended.....How in the world does putting pink jersies on football players have anything to do with breast cancer survivors? Seriously.....I just don't get the connection. Someone please explain....

There is no connection. But the PC people would like you to believe there is. That way they can get what they want no matter what the issue is. Not much different from a little kid throwing a tantrum.

idochog

All I need to know is HDN didnt take long to cave in.  Did HDN run crying to JFB's office when he got the phone call.

I need to buy HDN some marshmallows b/c he is sure soft.
I love Jesus!

Doug

Let's see here.... who's affected?

Pink (the singer)
Razorbacks
Arizona State Penal System
Aerosmith for their song "Pink"
Every slack jaw yokel that wears pink now (male and female)
Any entity that has pink as one of their official colors.

Nutt, grow some and stand up to these guys.  It's NOT like this is being used in actual televised games.

Herring, get the cry babies BACK in pink!

* Douglas who knows SEVERAL Cancer Survivors that would think this is pathetically stupid to cowtow to the ACS
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

LSUFan

Quote from: idochog on April 05, 2005, 02:31:05 pm
All I need to know is HDN didnt take long to cave in. Did HDN run crying to JFB's office when he got the phone call.

I thought his last name was Nutt not Nuttless. His bowing down and kissing their a$$ is a slap in the face of the players and the fans. You guys deserve better, when are yall going to get rid of this guy?

Doug

From my fiancee, Sonia... some of the lyrics for "Pink" by Aerosmith...

Pink it´s my new obsession
Pink it´s not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover, ´cause
Pink is the love you discover
Pink as the bing on your cherry
Pink ´cause you are so very
Pink it´s the color of passion
`Cause today it just goes with the fashion
Pink it was love at first sight, yea
Pink when I turn out the light, and
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight
You could be my flamingo
´Coz pink is the new kinda lingo
Pink like a deco umbrella
It´s kink - but you don´t ever tell her
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Extra Point

I know the perceived "caving" by HDN appears to follow suit with his M.O., hence the need for Herring in the first place, but I think did the right thing.  You just never know what a handful of zealots can do with such entities as the ACLU ready to "champion" their cause.  This has already been mentioned on ESPN.com and Rush Limbaugh.  Can you imagine what would have been said IF HDN had said, "show me the trademark"?  As far as national exposure, better to "cave" than answer a bunch of questions in the living room by irritated mothers who are breast cancer survivors.  I can't imagine what the ACLU and a handful of women so tough they beat a deadly disease could do to UofA athletics.  Nolan would most likely be jealous.

WindyCityHog

My daughter is home today from "pink eye" (there's an outbreak in her school).....Great.  Now she's ill and unknowingly showing her support of breast cancer survivors :-\

Maybe the "loafers" should be forced to wear special helmets with the word "Homo" emblazoned on the side.....then all the alternative-lifestyle people could start a protest....

LSUFan

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt has decided that his players who are caught loafing will no longer wear pink jerseys during practices in an effort to avoid offending breast cancer survivors.

Here, I'll do my part to help HDN make ammends.

For a limited time, I am offering free breast exams to women 18-30 years of age.

If you do not fall into that age bracket, I will make exceptions for overlly qualified patients.

Hurry Ladies, this offer won't last long!

PerryHog

I emailed the Komen people this am, complaining about them complaining. They replied they had no idea. Apparently, they got all kinds of mail on this subject. They emailed nutt, who replied that he got a single call from a man in Paragould whose wife was a survivor. Nutt also said there were 2 ladies in his dept that were currently battling breast cancer. This is what prompted nutt to cancel the pink jerseys.

junkyardhog

This just chapps my pink ass.  Wonderful, our DC does something that is effective and we bow down.  HDN is starting to piss me off :(

I guess he is exerting his control over the DC now, huh.  If you cut ANYONE's balls off, they will be less effective.  I hope Nutt doesn't castrate Herring!

hoggerdinger

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: LSUFan on April 05, 2005, 02:35:25 pm
Quote from: idochog on April 05, 2005, 02:31:05 pm
All I need to know is HDN didnt take long to cave in. Did HDN run crying to JFB's office when he got the phone call.

I thought his last name was Nutt not Nuttless. His bowing down and kissing their a$$ is a slap in the face of the players and the fans. You guys deserve better, when are yall going to get rid of this guy?

check back this time next year,  he will be gone

WindyCityHog

Guys....I think you're missing the point...Don't get pissed at HDN (or more pissed for some)....

Get ticked at BS PC that runs amok....That's what the PC Gestapo does....They make a stink about a harmless event (such as this) and then step back and let 'er ride.  Why?  Because HDN had no choice in the matter....If he said "Screw off" (which I would applaud), then he and the University would be viewed as "insensitive".....The very idea of PC permeates every facet of everything this day and age.....The PC folks get their way....and HDN & Company get the criticism.....It's win-win for them, no win for the target.....Bullseye.

idochog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 05, 2005, 04:48:28 pm
Guys....I think you're missing the point...Don't get pissed at HDN (or more pissed for some)....

Get ticked at BS PC that runs amok....That's what the PC Gestapo does....They make a stink about a harmless event (such as this) and then step back and let 'er ride. Why? Because HDN had no choice in the matter....If he said "Screw off" (which I would applaud), then he and the University would be viewed as "insensitive".....The very idea of PC permeates every facet of everything this day and age.....The PC folks get their way....and HDN & Company get the criticism.....It's win-win for them, no win for the target.....Bullseye.

Lets just say Jesse Jackson has made a living off this kind of stuff.  A little shakedown by Jesse if you dont donate to his rainbow coalition.
I love Jesus!

WindyCityHog