Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thats not a good win....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, November 18, 2007, 06:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

thats a GREAT win

i dont care what conference they are in.

We made adjustments BIG time! We can do better but Im very proud of my basketball team today.

VCU is a very good ball team that likes to force TOs and we beat them by ten.

I honestly didnt think we would win the game

nice to get things going again.

folks, we have ourselves a basketball coach.

jschulte

Still too many turnovers, but over just  two days good adjustments

berg

With solid recruitting, our future looks good.

MDH

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2007, 06:16:20 pm
thats a GREAT win

We made adjustments BIG time! We can do better but Im very proud of my basketball team today.

You got that right!
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jschulte on November 18, 2007, 06:18:13 pm
oh yeah

theres no doubt we still need to take care of the football but we pretty much had control over the game against a pretty good VCU team.

The_Iceman

love the updated avatar op'swine...

berg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2007, 06:20:56 pm
oh yeah

theres no doubt we still need to take care of the football but we pretty much had control over the game against a pretty good VCU team.

Wrong board  ;D

blacksuit

I was disappointed that we didn't push that 8-10 point lead out to 20 in the second half, but we never let them back in it, and that's something. I'm reserving judgment til I see a conference road win or two.

That said, you can see a difference in attitude with Pel at the helm. The team played 40 full minutes of basketball, not 36 mins of Heath.

The_Iceman

Quote from: opineonswine on November 18, 2007, 06:18:55 pm

We are woefully short of ball-handling guards.  That's going to be a prob. until he recruits some.

why doesnt Britt play more?

will Rakestraw play when he gets healthy?

IMAballHawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2007, 06:20:56 pm
oh yeah

2,804 posts Huh?  Just call it the Pill and you will look smarter.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

Razorod

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on November 18, 2007, 06:23:00 pm

We are woefully short of ball-handling guards.  That's going to be a prob. until he recruits some.

The lack of a true pg will really hurt on the road in the SEC. Rick Barnes is probably wishing he'd kept the game with the hogs this year. I don't think they're going to be as good as some of us (I'm including myself) thought we were going to be. But, they are fun to watch. Year three will be the make or break year for coach Pel.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

COCHISE

Hopefully that problem will be solved with this kids arrival..
http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=2&pr_key=50033

ishankem

I think Pell has his work cut out for him this year with this group.  They still look like a turn-over waiting to happen.  Pell is going to earn his salary getting this team to play smart and under control.  I think in the players mind they think they are better players than they really are.  Too many one dimensional players. 

But, they have enough talent to win enough games to get to the dance, but I just think they won't go too deep in it.  Maybe second round.

31to6

He definitely got them paying attention. I'm not surprised it took a loss to get their attention. They played very poorly against CoC but won by 20-something. Getting dominated for 40 minutes because they could not hold onto the ball was a great wake-up call and clearly Pel took advantage of that.

Much better play. This team, seniors or no, is still very much a work-in-progress.

TorsinAHog

He works his butt off on the side line.  They seem prepared.  If they dont have the talent to run this type of style then I will wait for him to get the players.  We played a very good team today that will be in the NCAA tourny.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2007, 06:16:20 pm
thats a GREAT win

Preach it!  Hogball is coming back.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

chiefsfan

Britt is really struggling.  Sill yet to score in a game this year.  Pelph isnt taking any risks with him this early.   Rakestraw will have to make some adjustmens as well

I say start Welsh over Ervin
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

songofthesword

this is a 2nd round NCAA team.. i can live wtih that without a point guard and a non existant recruiting class

jschulte

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 18, 2007, 07:52:19 pm

Britt is really struggling.  Sill yet to score in a game this year.  Pelph isnt taking any risks with him this early.   Rakestraw will have to make some adjustmens as well

I say start Welsh over Ervin

Rake can't/doesn't really need to make any adjustments because he is yet to play, or can play.  He won't be for quite a few games.