Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give it time guys pure and simple we

Started by forrest city joe, November 16, 2007, 07:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Don't have the players we need to be the kind of program we use to be. it's going to take time, and a lot of hard recruiting. i have said for years that these classes by Stan were way overrated. Pel needs time to get his own players in here. players who know how to play the game. and players who know how to win. these players are what they are.and this loss is on the players. 30 turnovers. are you kidding me. im just going to try and enjoy this season. and hope Pel can get these guys better.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 16, 2007, 07:42:55 pm
Don't have the players we need to be the kind of program we use to be. it's going to take time, and a lot of hard recruiting. i have said for years that these classes by Stan were way overrated. Pel needs time to get his own players in here. players who know how to play the game. and players who know how to win. these players are what they are.and this loss is on the players. 30 turnovers. are you kidding me. im just going to try and enjoy this season. and hope Pel can get these guys better.

Every loss we get this season won't be due to lack of effort that is for dang sure.  And damn the refs earned their pay tonight ... I have not seen so many quick whistles on both teams in my entire life ....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

earshot

You must not have been at the Wofford game. LOL

HawgG

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 16, 2007, 07:42:55 pm

mikeb

I agree with "Give it TIME"

we have plenty of Time and you guys can bitch and cry all you want in Feb/March (if this continues)

The season hasn't even really started, chill out.

GO HOGS!

Boarcephus

Quote from: mikeb on November 16, 2007, 08:00:19 pm

we have plenty of Time and you guys can bitch and cry all you want in Feb/March (if this continues)

GO HOGS!

I concur.  I have the feeling JP is prepared to use the carrot or the hammer to get us where we need to be.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgsav1

ok, I think it's a little early to start blaming the players and saying that they are overrated.  Stan's main problem was in conditioning the players and in implementing his half-court motion offense.  We lost so many close ones because we got tired and we could not execute in the half-court, esp. against a tight zone.  When we were able to execute our offense (get it into the big man and if he's doubled, then kick back out to the guards) it worked well.  Only thing is we weren't able to do it crisply and quickly enough.  These players are optimized for a half court system yes...but it doesn't mean they can't run if they are conditioned enough.  Pelphrey's focus right now is getting those guys conditioned enough to play up-tempo, and he's done a good job of conditioning.  We had some issues with TOs last year, but not as bad as we do this year.  It is only the third game and yes it is an embarrassing loss, but I think we can pull it out...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

mikeb

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2007, 08:02:47 pm

GO HOGS!

I concur.  I have the feeling JP is prepared to use the carrot or the hammer to get us where we need to be.

That's a big HELL YEAH!!

I have all the confidence in PEL, he is the man for the job.

The kids we have are the kids we have and they will get better with the leadership from coaching and team leaders.

Don't think for a minute these guys aren't more pissed off then we are right now, they will find a way and fight out of this.

GO HOGS!

PulledPork

well, FINALLY!  me and mikeb agree in one something other than the comboys are the suck..... ;)

Pulled out...

VenturaHog

Yeah guys, seriously step back and take a deep breath, this game is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme and I'm positive we have not seen this team at their best yet. It's all gonna be ok, I believe in Pel and I know these players are good, now if they can only be smarter with their possessions....

mikeb

Quote from: PulledPork on November 16, 2007, 08:20:54 pm
well, FINALLY!  me and mikeb agree in one something other than the comboys are the suck..... ;)

Pulled out...

LOL....you will owe me some beer after 3:00 Sunday....biznatch!

;D

slopinhogs

insignificant you say . watch the ratings next week ,we won't be # 18 then.

these guys are playing for their own reputation in every game this year.:razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: slopinhogs on November 16, 2007, 08:38:06 pm
insignificant you say . watch the ratings next week ,we won't be # 18 then.

these guys are playing for their own reputation in every game this year.:razorback:

Great. Take the ranking away.  We obviously don't deserve it so make these players realize that they have to EARN it.  They need to wake up and realize this system means you have to play hard and smart.  We're obviously missing one of those at this point.  I have to say though, I'm not worried about this in the slightest.  Give it time.

40MINSOFHELL

my patience is running out...i feel like a cub fan

mikeb

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 16, 2007, 09:04:31 pm

Shaddap!!

and call the HOGS!

PorkSoda

Quote from: mikeb on November 16, 2007, 08:07:31 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2007, 08:02:47 pm

GO HOGS!

That's a big HELL YEAH!!

I have all the confidence in PEL, he is the man for the job.

The kids we have are the kids we have and they will get better with the leadership from coaching and team leaders.

Don't think for a minute these guys aren't more pissed off then we are right now, they will find a way and fight out of this.

GO HOGS!
I agree, what we need to pay attention to is how they bounce back from a loss.  How they develope over time.  This is a tough tournament to play in.  Maybe not big names, but some good basketball schools.  Pelphrey said before the Tourney that when Florida came here, they left 1-2.  I think its a good experience for them, and should wake them up to realize how much harder they need to work.  How much smarter they need to play.  I think they will come around.  We have a lot of seniors right now, and its do or die time for them this year.  Go Hogs!
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogninja

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on November 16, 2007, 09:04:31 pm

After 3 games?  The Cub fans wait decades. :razorback: