Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As bad a taste as I have I must say - OUR DEFENSE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 16, 2007, 07:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Once the offense is somewhat decent we should be very dangerous to any team any nite of the week. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oliver

Unfortunately, that won't happen this season.  Hopefully, it will the next couple of years.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 16, 2007, 07:28:21 pm
Unfortunately, that won't happen this season.  Hopefully, it will the next couple of years.

huh, what won't happen the offense becoming decent?  You do realize we were averaging 92pts a game. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jschulte

Yea, it is very possible that you can just have a bad game shooting, but ball handling for every player is another issue.

HawgG

Interesting that Andy Katz picked Providence  to win.

The Friars fans are very thankful to be undefeated even their offense is really struggling.

They too are very proud of the defense.

jschulte

Quote from: HawgG on November 16, 2007, 07:35:39 pm
Interesting that Andy Katz picked Providence  to win.

The Friars fans are very thankful to be undefeated even their offense is really struggling.

They too are very proud of the defense.

As they should be.

The_Bionic_Pig

Both teams will benefit a great deal from this type of (Turn-Over_Fest) in that the coaches will not have to chop down any prima-donna attitudes if they ever existed and have the players full attention. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mikeb

I love how some people can be so gosh damn negative after three franking games.

I'm not saying we will win it all....but sheesh, we will get better.

This Year!

PorkSoda

Quote from: mikeb on November 16, 2007, 07:42:47 pm
I love how some people can be so gosh damn negative after three franking games.

I'm not saying we will win it all....but sheesh, we will get better.

This Year!

That's why I'm glad we play all the non-conference games first.  It give the team time to work out the kinks before conference play starts.  I am very interested to see how this team competes in the SEC as even a .500 record has been difficult to obtain in the past. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Oliver

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 16, 2007, 07:34:06 pm

huh, what won't happen the offense becoming decent?  You do realize we were averaging 92pts a game. 

Inflated stats from really bad opponents.  We come to PR and play halfway decent teams and we can't break 80 points.

Pignominious

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 16, 2007, 10:06:17 pm

Inflated stats from really bad opponents.  We come to PR and play halfway decent teams and we can't break 80 points.

Again, its November.  We were never guaranteed a fast start.  Its a long season.  I can't tell you how many times I went up and down last year.  We aren't going to play great everynight.  In fact we have looked pretty average thus far.  Be patient, its not football there are a lot more games.  One game doesn't change everything.  We aren't going to be worldbeaters this year, but there is no reason we can't improve.  I have confidence in Pel thus far.  I see no reason to change that.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Oliver

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on November 16, 2007, 10:22:21 pm
Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 16, 2007, 10:06:17 pm

Again, its November.  We were never guaranteed a fast start.  Its a long season.  I can't tell you how many times I went up and down last year.  We aren't going to play great everynight.  In fact we have looked pretty average thus far.  Be patient, its not football there are a lot more games.  One game doesn't change everything.  We aren't going to be worldbeaters this year, but there is no reason we can't improve.  I have confidence in Pel thus far.  I see no reason to change that.

It's not that I don't have confidence in Pelphrey.  He's only coached 3 games.  I don't know whether he's a good coach or a bad coach yet.  I will say this, he's improved our defense so far.  However, I've seen our players enough to know that they are not good players.  They've regressed since last year.  I have never seen a Razorback Basketball game that made me more disgusted than today's game.  I've only been watching Razorback basketball since 1987 but that is still the worst I've seen Razorback basketball in 20 years of watching.  I'm not blaming it on Pelphrey.  But all the aspirations I had for us making the Sweet 16 this year have gone down the toilet.

LAhog123

Really???After 3 games and a new coach still learning new players and players learning a new coach and system??? Give me a break.......GHG

jrparrish

we are going to get blistered by a team that can shoot the three unless we guard the perimeter better

navyhog24

you would think after 4 of our starters being seniors that we wouldnt be playing like this no matter who the coach is. but the fact is ervin is not a good pg. he never has been and never will be. he's a decent athlete but he's not a pg. hill will never be an offensive guy. weems was so hyped up in jc but hasnt really been the go-to guy we thought he would be. darian had a good freshman season. but hasnt been the same since. however, from what coach pel has said, that he's been trying real hard, which is a good sign. thomas has his moments. i wish washington would get more minutes and just take over the game, along with beverly.

blacksuit

Quote from: navyhog24 on November 16, 2007, 10:55:06 pm
the fact is ervin is not a good pg. he never has been and never will be.

If he was any good, MSState wouldn't have let him go. It's the same turnover problem that they had.

Just remember, the rankings don't mean a damn thing until feb. All I care about now is watching them win on espn2 on sunday. Beating prov woulda been nice, but the SEC is down this year, we take care of business in conference, we go to the dance. Gotta keep your eye on the big picture.

bigbrotha

Quote from: jrparrish on November 16, 2007, 10:48:19 pm
we are going to get blistered by a team that can shoot the three unless we guard the perimeter better

We don't guard the perimeter well because our guards aren't quick.

navyhog24

I know we have a different coach but this is till the same team that it has been the past couple of years save for a couple of faces. So come March, I hope I will be eating crow, but I don't have high expectations for this team this season. I will not judge Pel's abilities until he gets his own players is his own system. I do hope I am proven wrong though.