Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS \ PROVIDENCE GAME THREAD

Started by razorhead69, November 16, 2007, 04:30:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

masonselby

we only avg 15 to's last year, i looked at last years games and we only went over 20 to's a couple times last year
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

jschulte

Quote from: masonselby on November 16, 2007, 06:46:07 pm
we only avg 15 to's last year, i looked at last years games and we only went over 20 to's a couple times last year

That could easily be blamed on Pels new system.  It is very turnover prone.

MDH

Quote from: jschulte on November 16, 2007, 06:35:02 pm
Quote from: MDH on November 16, 2007, 06:33:18 pm
Man people go negative fast.   Did any of you think that we were going to change this drastically in an off season without playing (hardly any) games?  It's going to take time, we will get better and we will dance.  This isn't football, losing early can be a good thing and I hope this loss is put to good use by Pel and crew.

Time will tell.

Did you watch the game?  It is the same team as last year, they don't know how to control the ball -which is very key to winning games.  These bad habits don't/won't go away.

Yep watched the game, the one yesterday and was at the one a week ago.

This is definitely not the same team as last year.  Right now they are worse.

This is the type change everyone wanted, but anyone who thought it was going to be great out of the gates was living in fantasy land.  It will be ugly at the start, but it will improve.  If it doesn't, then Pel isn't the coach I think he is.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

mikeb

That was painfull watching them turnover the ball that much and play like they didn't get any sleep last night, but they will get better.

GO HOGS!!!

8)

Boarcephus

Quote from: jschulte on November 16, 2007, 06:49:05 pm
That could easily be blamed on Pels new system.  It is very turnover prone.

It's not the system for the problems, it's the players.  I got so disgusted I got on the treadmill and watched the news for Nutt updates.  These turnovers were a result of piss poor, ill-advised passes.  No thought process was ever involved in the play. 

This was the same Ervin we saw at MSU in that he's a turnover waiting to happen.  He can dazzle one minute and drive you to drink the next.  One good thing we have going for us is Pelphrey.  I just don't think he'll tolerate much of this.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogsailor on November 16, 2007, 07:13:06 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2007, 07:10:40 pm
  I just don't think he'll tolerate much of this.

We can only hope...

This is his big chance and he knows it......He's been an over achiever all his life, he'll play the same game here.  He'll make the university and the fans proud when all is said and done.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

mikeb

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2007, 07:14:59 pm

We can only hope...

This is his big chance and he knows it......He's been an over achiever all his life, he'll play the same game here.  He'll make the university and the fans proud when all is said and done.

Werd!

hogsailor

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 16, 2007, 07:14:59 pm

We can only hope...

I hope and think you're right.

Tonight though, they looked like the same team as last year.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hawgsav1

wow...I saw the score, and I was completely shocked...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Boarcephus

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 16, 2007, 07:25:04 pm
wow...I saw the score, and I was completely shocked...

Should have watched the game and you'd been more than shocked.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 16, 2007, 06:36:06 pm
These players need a serious attitude adjustment. I think they are reading to much into this new style of basketball. You could tell we were playing with an arrogance like we have accomplished something. Trying to showboat and make no look passes. I think we need to realize we are not very talented and we are going to have to work our asses off on defense and cherish each possession on offense. I don't think a team full of freshmen could play this poorly.

Nailed it.  I think a few losses like this and some run-til-you-puke sessions will hopefully wake them up.  Regardless of how talented you are (or aren't) you should never be nonchalant with the basketball.  Pushing the fast break doesn't mean play out of control.  I still like our coach.  He's got a lot of work to do though.

Hogndog36

November 16, 2007, 08:59:19 pm #412 Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:01:51 pm by Hogndog36
I'll get Jp's Phone reocords, some one FOI his email. We will have him fired in two to three weeks. If he would ahve started Sanchez and Rakastraw then we would have beat them by 40
Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

HoopS

ttrk05

I played a mental game that whole game, tried to guess who would turn it over on the next possesion.  Got 9 right.

HoopS

9 out of 83.

You had a horrible game.

Shame on you.

:P

ttrk05