Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS \ PROVIDENCE GAME THREAD

Started by razorhead69, November 16, 2007, 04:30:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

WHAT!  They called a foul against Prov.

Oliver

Charles Thomas having an abortion of a game.

jrparrish

Oliver

Quote from: jrparrish on November 16, 2007, 05:11:09 pm
not watching the game today...i was halfway ashamed of cheering my team in OKC in front of the people yesterday at buffalo wild wings....im going to be super pissed at pelphrey if we do not beat OU next month. he needs to get these guys in shape.

If we do not improve, OU will beat us by 30 when we play them in December.  They looked really good yesterday against the number 3 team in the country.

Toad Suck Pork

Pelphrey's bouncing around real well out there!!!

IBGPN

Quote from: Oliver Miller on November 16, 2007, 05:12:01 pm
Do we not have any player that can DRIBBLE THE BALL UP THE COURT?!?!!?!?
I think the balls in Puerto Rico have carrying straps on them.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Nashville Fan

1-6 from the 3pt line. That's the difference.
Pittman or Bust!

Oliver

IBGPN

See Thomas flop? Jeez that was awful!

razorhead69

jrparrish

If we do not improve, OU will beat us by 30 when we play them in December.  They looked really good yesterday against the number 3 team in the country.
[/quote]

I know...I thought memphis played poorly....but they have the potential to beat us...and they will if we commit 20+ turnovers against them. I may reconsider buying a ticket to the game if we keep this sheet up.

razorhead69

Oliver

eldeearr

RocknRollRazorback

just jumping in, and took a look at the box scores:

FG%   2PT%    3PT    3PT%    FT%
35%   45%      1-6     16%     75%

wish we could get that FG% up... :/

i guess the D isn't looking as hot as it did the first part of yesterday's game.... ?
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

eldeearr

Toad Suck Pork

HoopS

Our big guys are horrible!

Thomas is a turnover machine.

Hill has butter fingers.

Townes is inconsistent.

Grrrr

Hoggy Bear

Hogs down by 9 right now....damn, another Turnover....

IBGPN

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

jrparrish

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on November 16, 2007, 05:15:50 pm
just jumping in, and took a look at the box scores:

FG%   2PT%    3PT    3PT%    FT%
35%   45%      1-6     16%     75%

wish we could get that FG% up... :/

i guess the D isn't looking as hot as it did the first part of yesterday's game.... ?

actually we were just lucky that C of C couldn't hit their ass with both hands. we gave them many open looks

intoxhog

Quote from: HoopSlap on November 16, 2007, 05:16:27 pm

Hill has butter fingers.

Townes is inconsistent.

Grrrr

Like when Nolan first got here,, Pel needs the right kind of players for this system IMO.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Hoggle

I'm not watching the game.  What is causing the turnovers?  Defensive pressure, nerves, inability????

razorbackfan4life

Gary Ervin sucks...

Beverly is forcing the issue..

Welsh is jacking up threes

Weems isn't being aggressive

our centers aren't being aggressive

u cant win with all that happening

Dugann

I think we can pull it out...but this is the gut check Pel wanted.... I think it is good for us.

jrparrish

Quote from: Hoggle on November 16, 2007, 05:17:50 pm
I'm not watching the game.  What is causing the turnovers?  Defensive pressure, nerves, inability????

stupidity....piss poor preparation

IBGPN

Lazy passes and just sloppy ball handling

chiefsfan

Quote from: intoxhog on November 16, 2007, 05:17:38 pm
Quote from: HoopSlap on November 16, 2007, 05:16:27 pm

Hill has butter fingers.

Townes is inconsistent.

Grrrr

Like when Nolan first got here,, Pel needs the right kind of players for this system IMO.

Thats going to be the hardest thing to overcome this year IMO.   We dont have the players to run the floor and not turn the ball over a ton.   Welsh has looked the best out of this system so far, and thats scary
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Dirty

This team is in big trouble if Ervin cannot settle down.

hogman1974

This team is a turnover machine.  It's unbelievable.  The problem is, you bench a guy after a turnover, you have to bring in another guy that turns it over immediately.  I think the announcers are correct, our guys are very athletic, but "not very good basketball players."  It seems like if they are told to go down low, they just throw it down there even if it's not open.  It's like we are watching one of those little kid games at halftime of a pro game.  

LAHOGG

There look like there playing hot potato.  It looked like Hill ducked the ball when Bev passed it to him.

Toad Suck Pork

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: jrparrish on November 16, 2007, 05:14:57 pm

I know...I thought memphis played poorly....but they have the potential to beat us...and they will if we commit 20+ turnovers against them. I may reconsider buying a ticket to the game if we keep this sheet up.
[/quote]

are you talking about the women's or men's team?  ;)
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

hogman1974

Dugann

might be poor prep but you can not prep with a team that played their first game of the year last night with little time in between games.  Just got to do the best that you can do in these type situations... something they can build on

sloppy play and fouls are what is bad atm.

but have faith brotha.

intoxhog

i will say this i like the motion with pel offence, people are getting open looks they are just not knocking them down.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

intoxhog

did you guys just give us a plug for recurting point guards?

chiefsfan

We need to make a ton of adjustments at half...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

masonselby

no guard play, cant handle the ball, cant handle a zone because we cant shoot
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Dugann

IBGPN

Rooka

Well guys, in a situation like this I would normally want to  :puke:

BUT

with the annoucement of Nutt being gone by the end of the year, i just cant bring myself to bash this seemingly bad team right now. But as always...

GO HOGS GO!

Dirty

Stan Heath couldn't recruit a point guard.  Thats why we are in this mess.

Dugann

like pat driving and getting to the line that what we need'