Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rutgers is a Football Program

Started by jfb4ever, May 09, 2007, 10:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfb4ever

Rutgers, is set to be Top Ten for at least 4 years, where will we be the next 4 years?

HOGINTENNESSEE

If Arkansas played in the Big East we would in the top ten every year

hawgwilde

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 09, 2007, 11:36:46 pm

If Arkansas had a coach worth a crap, we'd be in the top ten every year REGARDLESS of conference!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

jpenrod1

yeah i am not concerned about Rutgers. pretty much any conference except The SEC you should be in at least the top 25. all you have to do is get a week non conference and then in the best of the other conferences all you would do is lose 2 maybe 3 games all year.

I do agree Arkansas could be in top 10 every year anyway, but then again there are about 8 teams in the SEC that believe they should be, so i will say this. we should be in the top 10, at least 5 out of 10 years. that is finish the season, not at some point in the season.

hogfursty

Quote from: hawgwilde on May 10, 2007, 12:29:52 am

If Arkansas had a coach worth a crap, we'd be in the top ten every year REGARDLESS of conference!

be realistic even the national champs from this year werent ranked a couple of years ago.

DSMSHog

You all are like the annoying little kid that repeats everything you say. There is no way to get him to stop.

So why try. Ignorance is bliss?

NuttinItUp

The Big East has really come up in the last couple of years.

wacohog

Rutgers played well last yr.  And Big East football...I still don't believe the hype .  Do you honestly believe that Rutgers would survive an SEC schedule??

351hog

This thread is a joke right??  Surely no one thinks that Rutgers is that good.....

z-pak

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 09, 2007, 10:23:11 pm
               Rutgers, is set to be Top Ten for at least 4 years, where will we be the next 4 years?
Do you just sit around and think of outlandish things to say?
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

hogsanity

If the Hogs played the schedule Rutgers plays, you would be bashing the hogs for playing such a weak schedule.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

arkjay19

exactly, Rutgers isn't gonna be top 10 for at least another 5 years.  They're still gonna lose to Louisville with Brohm and WVU with White and Slaton.  If Arkansas was in the Big East, they'd be looking at a BCS bowl game almost every year.

mword

Very true

arkjay19

May 10, 2007, 10:10:15 am #14 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:13:39 am by arkhog9
Quote from: schweine on May 10, 2007, 09:55:27 am
Very true

Except that no SEC school is in the top 10 EVERY year.  Georgia was for a while then last year fell out.  Tennessee was always a high ranked school then only win 5 games two years ago and finish ranked moderately last year.  Alabama had one good season two years ago but hasn't been a power too much lately.  Auburn finsihed unranked one year, undefeated the next, in the top 10 the next year, and outside the top ten the next year.  LSU and Florida have been awesome lately, but LSU had 3 losses 2 years ago and Florida had 5 losses that year also.  Even the "Head Ball Coach" can't get the Gamecocks rollin!

IT'S THE FREAKIN SEC.  THE ABSOLUTE best conference in the nation with a level of competition unmatched by the rest of the nation.  Get your mind out of the SWC and come realize that a 10-4 season, ranked #15 in the nation, and with the 4 losses coming against 4 of the 7 BEST teams, is a pretty damn good year.

hogsanity

Very true

You THINK it is true, but you know darn well it isnt. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

I love how you guys want to bash Rutgers and their conference just because they have a coach that could realistically take them places. Are we that jealous? You guys know we won't be sniffing the top 20-25 once McFadden, Hillis, Jones, and Monk are gone. They are like 99.9999999% of our 1 1/4 dimensional offense. Put us in the Big East with those guys leaving and we'd be no better than third or fourth.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:07:16 am
LOL!!!  That is freakin hilarious!!!  Oh wait...you weren't being serious, were you? 

hogsanity

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 10, 2007, 10:15:02 am
I love how you guys want to bash Rutgers and their conference just because they have a coach that could realistically take them places. Are we that jealous? You guys know we won't be sniffing the top 20-25 once McFadden, Hillis, Jones, and Monk are gone. They are like 99.9999999% of our 1 1/4 dimensional offense. Put us in the Big East with those guys leaving and we'd be no better than third or fourth.

How is bashing their pathetic league bashing their coach?  Urban Meyer was a great coach n a pathetic league when he was at Utah, but that did not make him less of a coach.  What is beng said is that the big least is not nearly the league that the SEC is.  As i said earlier, if the Hogs played the schedule that Rutgers plays you guys would be pointing out how weak the schedule is.

arkjay19

Quote from: hogsanity on May 10, 2007, 10:19:37 am
Quote from: 3kgthog on May 10, 2007, 10:15:02 am
How is bashing their pathetic league bashing their coach?  Urban Meyer was a great coach n a pathetic league when he was at Utah, but that did not make him less of a coach.  What is beng said is that the big least is not nearly the league that the SEC is.  As i said earlier, if the Hogs played the schedule that Rutgers plays you guys would be pointing out how weak the schedule is.

right

Schiano is a good coach, with a less than stellar program, in a weak conference.  He's behind two better schools in a conference where their SOS will be weak every single year.  Not everything has to do with Nutt.

hogfan2286

There is no way that Rutgers will be in the Top 10 the next 4 years.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quotewith the 4 losses coming against 4 of the 7 BEST teams

Wow...I forgot about those moral victories.  Oh wait, one of them was such a lop-sided loss it couldn't even be called a moral victory.  When are people going to quit being proud of losing to elite competition and start demanding that we beat them?

It's just like when little Billy comes home and says, "Hey, Dad, I just asked the 4 prettiest girls in school out on a date today.  They all said, 'NO!'" 

You think that's silly?  Well, imagine how silly you sound when you brag about who we lost to.  A loss is a loss....whether it's to LSU, Florida, USC, Wisconsin or the Citadel....it's a frickin' loss.....and it ain't nothing to be proud of.

TheHogFan

Why do our "fans" enjoy making positive assumptions about other teams, yet revert to all negative assumptions about their own team. Baffling

billypig

Based on your brilliant comment, Arkansas has NEVER had a "coach worth a crap", because we're not in the top ten every year.

So, why do you think that will change after 100 + years of Razorback Football?

billypig

Very true

Think with the big head instead of the itty bitty one.....you'll make better posts. 8)

HogsSon46

If Arkansas played in the Big East we would be in the top 5 every year.
Big East=Weak Conference
Rutgers=Joke

HogsSon46

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 01:42:29 pm
Why do our "fans" enjoy making positive assumptions about other teams, yet revert to all negative assumptions about their own team. Baffling
VERY excellent point!

WADHOG

Now that it's been decided on here that we will be dwarfed by Troy, North Texas this year and now Rutgers for the next four, we should just give up.  The sky is falling.  I don't think there is one team in the country that is set to be a top ten for the next four years, let alone Rutgers.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 01:42:29 pm
Good point.  +1

jfb4ever

Can Arkansas beat Rutgers this year? next year?

WADHOG

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 03:00:29 pm
I think so, yes.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 03:00:29 pm
Absolutely.  The Big East was the most over rated conference last year and will be again this coming year. 

bigbrutha

I don't know how great Rutgers as a team will be, but in my opinion they do have the 2nd best running back in the nation.  Ray Rice is the man.

jfb4ever

If nothing changes at AR, the Hogs would not finish in the top 4 of the Big East after this year!

WADHOG

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 03:08:00 pm
I don't know how great Rutgers as a team will be, but in my opinion they do have the 2nd best running back in the nation.  Ray Rice is the man.
Maybe third, at least behind DMAC AND Felix.

WADHOG

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 03:08:48 pm
            If nothing changes at AR, the Hogs would not finish in the top 4 of the Big East after this year!
OK, What four teams would finish better?

hawgette

OMG!!  Let's bring in the white flags and start waving them.  FOOTBALL IS OVER THIS SEASON!!  We are going to lose to Troy and North Texas and now...GASP  Rutgers is a SETto be top ten the next four years. 

This is beyond pathetic now.

jfb4ever

This year or next Rutgers will move to the top. Louisville and West Virginia will still be very good. South Florida will be the surprise team in the country this year. Pitt and Cinn are coming on in the next 2 years. All of the teams are headed in a better direction than we are.

bigbrutha

Quote from: WADHOG on May 10, 2007, 03:09:07 pm
Quote from: bigbrutha on May 10, 2007, 03:08:00 pm
Maybe third, at least behind DMAC AND Felix.

Good point

WADHOG

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 10, 2007, 03:15:32 pm
              This year or next Rutgers will move to the top. Louisville and West Virginia will still be very good. South Florida will be the surprise team in the country this year. Pitt and Cinn are coming on in the next 2 years. All of the teams are headed in a better direction than we are.
There's not one of those teams, that I don't think we could whip.  Bring those teams to the SEC and play week in and out and see how we compare.

jfb4ever

I am not trying to be negative,but we need to be honest about where we are, and where we are headed!

hogsanity

So, Utah had a couple good years, did that make them a football program?

AFWarrior83

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 10, 2007, 10:10:15 am
Very true

Except that no SEC school is in the top 10 EVERY year.  Georgia was for a while then last year fell out.  Tennessee was always a high ranked school then only win 5 games two years ago and finish ranked moderately last year.  Alabama had one good season two years ago but hasn't been a power too much lately.  Auburn finsihed unranked one year, undefeated the next, in the top 10 the next year, and outside the top ten the next year.  LSU and Florida have been awesome lately, but LSU had 3 losses 2 years ago and Florida had 5 losses that year also.  Even the "Head Ball Coach" can't get the Gamecocks rollin!

IT'S THE FREAKIN SEC.  THE ABSOLUTE best conference in the nation with a level of competition unmatched by the rest of the nation.  Get your mind out of the SWC and come realize that a 10-4 season, ranked #15 in the nation, and with the 4 losses coming against 4 of the 7 BEST teams, is a pretty damn good year.

Amen to that! +1
Hogville member since 2005.

jfb4ever

Guys, I am not saying that the Big East compares with the SEC. I am saying many lessor schools are building good football programs. Where are we going to be as a football program after this year, if no changes are made.

H&D

Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 10, 2007, 12:36:07 am
yeah i am not concerned about Rutgers. pretty much any conference except The SEC you should be in at least the top 25. all you have to do is get a week non conference and then in the best of the other conferences all you would do is lose 2 maybe 3 games all year.

I do agree Arkansas could be in top 10 every year anyway, but then again there are about 8 teams in the SEC that believe they should be, so i will say this. we should be in the top 10, at least 5 out of 10 years. that is finish the season, not at some point in the season.

Well we have the weak non conf. schedule down.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

bearcathog

Just another stupid thread to bash the Razorbacks and anyone associated.

No Big East Team, could have made it to the SEC Championship game, East or West.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 10, 2007, 10:17:59 am
LOL!!!  That is freakin hilarious!!!  Oh wait...you weren't being serious, were you? 
I am not saying they are at our level by any means, I just said they had come up. (meaning they had improved from their previous state)
3 out of the 8 teams (Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers) spent a significant amount of the season in the top 10 last season. (and finished 6, 10, and 12 respectively) No doubt Rutgers is the biggest surprise, but looking at how they were a few years ago, no one can deny they have improved a lot as a conference.

jfb4ever

Other than North Carolina, Florida, and probably a couple of others, Rutgers has the youngest team in the country. I would like to see us building for the future like these teams are.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 10, 2007, 04:15:52 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on May 10, 2007, 10:17:59 am
I am not saying they are at our level by any means, I just said they had come up. (meaning they had improved from their previous state)
3 out of the 8 teams (Louisville, West Virginia, and Rutgers) spent a significant amount of the season in the top 10 last season. (and finished 6, 10, and 12 respectively) No doubt Rutgers is the biggest surprise, but looking at how they were a few years ago, no one can deny they have improved a lot as a conference.
Within their own conference they have improved, but that conference is so unbelievably weak that it is tough to not improve.  I do have respect for Louisville and W. Virginia, but Rutgers...hell no!  People are dogging our non-conference schedule this season b/c it is a cupcake schedule, but the Big East has that as their conference schedule every season. 

cmakrzrbak

I can't decide whether you are 13 or just have the cognitive capacity of a 13 year old.  Can anyone else help me on this?
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott